• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

TheGreaterLucario

Hey, guys, it's me again. The other day I pulled a Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Beginning out of a (oddly enough) loose, outside-the-box-set Legendary Collection 3 booster (which only ran me $2). It's a Secret Rare, and from what I've been able to find online, is worth anywhere from $30 to $50. How accurate is this range?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Trollandtoad has the LCYW Envoy of the End at 29.99

TheGreaterLucario

Trollandtoad has the LCYW Envoy of the End at 29.99

Umm, that's not the one. It's Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning. LCYW EN025.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Yeah I forget which one is end and beginning. But yeah 29.99 is the price.

TheGreaterLucario

Yo everyone, it's me.....again. I just recently happened to pull a Legendary Six Samurai- Enishi (Ultimate Rare) from an old Storm of Ragnarok booster. Any ideas on its value?
Oh, and I know I asked about the Number 10: Illumiknight before, but I think I may have erred in giving the rarity. It's actually an Ultimate Rare, not an Ultra Rare (until now, I wasn't sure of the difference between the two). Would that change the value any?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Number 10 Illumiknight is .99 in Ultimate rare

and Legendary Six Samurai-Enishi is $3.49

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

Number 10 Illumiknight is .99 in Ultimate rare

and Legendary Six Samurai-Enishi is $3.49

......*facepalms* Oh well. I also noticed, when looking back through your comments to my posts, that you mentioned something about the Egyptian Gods being some of the only YuGiOh cards with real value. That said, how much would the Mosaic Rare Slifer the Sky Dragon from the War of Giants Battle Packs go for?

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Quite a pretty penny, the origanal printing of the legal Slifer (from Shonen Jump) was about 90-100 before it was reprinted in BP2. But the BP2 version of Slifer is $43.99 on Trollandtoad

TheGreaterLucario

Quite a pretty penny, the origanal printing of the legal Slifer (from Shonen Jump) was about 90-100 before it was reprinted in BP2. But the BP2 version of Slifer is $43.99 on Trollandtoad

WHA-!? Holy cow! I knew I had a good card when I pulled it! Funny thing is, it was from the first blister (which consisted of a set of two battle packs) of that set I ever bought!
Thanks, man!

Though, now that you mention the other prints.... How much would the original Promo Slifer (The one with the red back) go for? I happen to have that one too.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
What is the set code on it? GB or YMA?

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
I has a question, can we use the "Hex-Sealed Fusions" for Synchro Summoning?

yes we can.

E: you'll still need a proper tuner monster though. the hexxes are not tuner monsters.

Last edited:

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
True, but the hexxes are pretty awesome in deck with multiple fusions.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
does anyone know of a good deck for someone starting back up into the ygo tcg? i sold most of my old cards but the main two i kept were the two envoys, im not well versed at all in ygo, so help would be much appreciated:)

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Look around on sites like TCGplayer. I haven't checked the new ban list so idk what decks got wrecked, but I figure Prophecy did.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
i must apologize as im going to be asking alot of noob YGO questions,
1. how does one synchro summon?
2. how does one Xyz summon?
3. i understand that the extra deck is synchro, xyz, and fusion monsters, so what is the side deck?

TheGreaterLucario

i must apologize as im going to be asking alot of noob YGO questions,
1. how does one synchro summon?
2. how does one Xyz summon?
3. i understand that the extra deck is synchro, xyz, and fusion monsters, so what is the side deck?

I'm not exactly sure (I collect, not play, so I'll tell you what I've picked up), but here's what I've figured out/know so far:

Synchro summoning requires a Tuner monster and 1 or more non-tuner monsters. I'm not sure if the total level of the material monsters have to equal the level of the Synchro monster or not.

XYZ summoning is easy, because it lists the required material on the card. You only need to use the required number of monsters of the required level (and sometimes the required attribute).

--------------------------------------------------

On a side note (and I'm sorry if this sounds stupid) is anyone here intersted in buying a BP02 Slifer the Sky Dragon (Mosaic Rare) or a LC01 Slifer the Sky Dragon (Ultra Rare)?

Birdyboy

Pokemon Breeder
Is Mystical Space Typoon worth it? Just wondering if you guys think this is a good card or not, I'm not sure if I think it's good or not! It's good for getting rid of continuous spells and traps but the fact it doesn't negate ruins the card a little for me.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
It's a staple. I generally run it as a 2-of but if I happen to have the extra slot I'll throw in a third. The fact that it can kill anything is what makes it so good. I have no clue how many Mirror Force I have killed wth typhoon, then swung in for game.

Birdyboy

Pokemon Breeder
It's a staple. I generally run it as a 2-of but if I happen to have the extra slot I'll throw in a third. The fact that it can kill anything is what makes it so good. I have no clue how many Mirror Force I have killed wth typhoon, then swung in for game.

That seems to be the general way to use MSP, the only problem is that you could target on of their cards, they flip it and boom they chain and the effect place, I guess it's because it would be so over power and over used (well, it's already over used). I'm looking to make a custom deck but MSP seems to be going for about $3/£2-$5/£3.50 each! Not sure if there worth that much