• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

actually...like Stardust Dragon and Red Dragon Archfiend, the tin versions are only £4 for the singles

darklord18

what are these monster cards that white instead of the brown and light yellow?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Synchro monsters, they're the new game mechanic. Go to UDE's site if you want the basics and gameplay for them, as I am too sleepy to type. I'll still give a general rundown.

Synchro monsters are new mmonsters that are like a cross between Fusion and Ritual monsters. They can only be initially summoned via Synchro Summon. You need to have a Tuner monster on the field, along with a non-Tuner monster with equal levels on your side of the field before performing a Synchro Summon. You send those to the Graveyard, and bam, a Synchro monster comes from your Extra Deck.

In Depth:
Synchro Monsters are a new card type introduced with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. They are not placed in the main deck, they go into the 'Extra Deck' (previously known as the Fusion Deck). Synchro Monsters are summoned when you send 1 'Tuner' monster (a monster with the word 'tuner' next to it's classification, e.g. 'Warrior/Tuner') and 1 or more non-tuner monsters (monsters that aren't tuners, these can be anything from normal monsters, effect monsters or even other synchro monsters) from your side of the field to the graveyard.

Here's an example of a synchro summon:
1) Special Summon Cyber Dragon
2) Summon Junk Synchron
3) Tribute both Cyber Dragon (LV5) and Junk Synchron (LV3) to Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon (LV8) from your Extra Deck.
SUCCESS!

Here's a FAILED Synchro Summon:
1) Special Summon Cyber Dragon (LV5)
2) Summon Jutte Fighter (LV2)
3) Use Monster Reborn on your Speed Warrior (LV2)
4) Their total levels equal 9 so you cannot tribute them for the summon of a level 8 monster.

darklord18

Ok I think i got it
you need one tuner class monster and 1 or more non tuner monster and they must all equal the same combine star level of the synchro monster your trying to summon. right
I think i stay with cyber end for awhile as i don't have any tuner or synchro monsters plus it easier using him.

Yeah

Also, synchro monsters are actually extremely easy to summon, way easier than fusions.

But remember, you can only use any combination of 15 Fusions and/or Synchros now. The extra deck has a 15 card minimum now.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Speaking of which; here's osmetihng I learned form my judge the other day. Apparently, despite all those rulings that were originally laid out, you still must have 0 or 15 cards in your Side Deck.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
"Advance Summon" and "Release" were only changed in the OCG; so no.

It goes back to the card's owner's Graveyard. So if your opponent uses Reborn on your monster, and it gets destroyed, it goes back to your own Graveyard.

15 card Maximum. Not minimum

Oh yeah....why did I get the two words mixed up?

But yeah, apparently in official tournaments you still have to have a side deck of 0 or 15 cards.

Well, according to Upperdeck's Tournament policy it's still either 0 or 15 (to avoid cheating I presume). But the rule changes did say up to 15 cards.....it's a bit stupid.

darklord18

Can you use monster reborn on Synchros monsters?
And use Synchros with a synchros monster and tuner monster?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
If the Synchro was properly summoned first, then sent to the Graveyard, you can use Monster Reborn/Call of the Haunted/Premature Burial all you want.

Syncros aren't Tuners, so they may be used in a Synchro summoned.

darklord18

Thank you, i got a deck that had syncros so unite i finish my cyber deck and CB deck i use it.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Here's a question I discovered while xperimenting with a new fun deck. If Junk Syhncron uses it's effect to Special Summon Hand of Nephthys, could you still use her effect to summon the Phoenix? Even though her effect is negated, the text states that her effect is a "Tribute to activate" effect.

Now, if Skill Drain was out, you can use Exiled Force and Stardust's effect, right? So the same should work with Hand. Not sure though, anyone have an idea?

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Here's a question I discovered while xperimenting with a new fun deck. If Junk Syhncron uses it's effect to Special Summon Hand of Nephthys, could you still use her effect to summon the Phoenix? Even though her effect is negated, the text states that her effect is a "Tribute to activate" effect.

Now, if Skill Drain was out, you can use Exiled Force and Stardust's effect, right? So the same should work with Hand. Not sure though, anyone have an idea?

Interesting, well, it would work just like Exiled Force...

I think.