• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
i just got a elemental hero glow neos, but, i know that its effect says you 'can' destroy a card but when i read the effects i was wondering if you have too destroy one.

Yeah, you don't have to destroy something if you don't want to. However you must destroy something to activate his effects.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
o, oke tnx, i was wondering since only 1 effect was really handy

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I need help figuring out the rarity of one of my cards. It's Japanese so I don't know how to search anywhere for it. It's a monster card and looks like a normal Gold rare but has the secret rare (silver sparkles) name. Would this just be considered a normal Gold rare or is it in a differant sup-catigory?

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Would it be better to equip Magna Drago with Axe of Despair or Horn of the Unicorn? Axe of Despair gives more ATK, but leaves Magna Drago's rather wimpy DEF untouched, while Horn of the Unicorn gives a smaller ATK increase but raises its DEF to a slightly more acceptable level. Someone banish my indecision, please?

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Would it be better to equip Magna Drago with Axe of Despair or Horn of the Unicorn? Axe of Despair gives more ATK, but leaves Magna Drago's rather wimpy DEF untouched, while Horn of the Unicorn gives a smaller ATK increase but raises its DEF to a slightly more acceptable level. Someone banish my indecision, please?

Why not just use Mage Power? If you have at leased one other spell/trap card on the field then it's already better than both of those cards. But if I had to chose one of those two then I would go with Axe of Despair. That extra 300 can go a long way.

Last edited:
What would happen if one person had Jinzo face-up, the other player had Destiny Hero Plasma face-up, and there was a Skill Drain face-up on the field? It seems like a serious paradox:
*Jinzo cancels all traps
*Plasma negates your opponent's monsters' effects
*Skill Drain negates all monster effects
So, if Plasma's effect activated, it would negate Jinzo's effect, which would then allow Skill Drain to activate and cancel Plasma's effect, which would restore Jinzo's effect and lock Skill Drain's effect, thus restoring Plasma's power and removing Jinzo's... on and on in a constant loop.

cybermew

A la lune!
What would happen if one person had Jinzo face-up, the other player had Destiny Hero Plasma face-up, and there was a Skill Drain face-up on the field? It seems like a serious paradox:
*Jinzo cancels all traps
*Plasma negates your opponent's monsters' effects
*Skill Drain negates all monster effects
So, if Plasma's effect activated, it would negate Jinzo's effect, which would then allow Skill Drain to activate and cancel Plasma's effect, which would restore Jinzo's effect and lock Skill Drain's effect, thus restoring Plasma's power and removing Jinzo's... on and on in a constant loop.

It depends what was on the field first.

If Jinzo is face up, you cannot activate Skill Drain (Even if you attempted to). If you then played Plasma, Plasma would negate Jinzo. If you then activated Skill Drain, both effects would be negated.

If Plasma is face up, and your opponent has Skill Drain face up, and you Summon Jinzo, Jinzo is negated due to Skill Drain, as is Plasma.

Continuous effects don't "activate", rather they're just there. First one on the field takes priority over the others.

Last edited:

Freya

Noam Chompsky
It depends what was on the field first.

If Jinzo is face up, you cannot activate Skill Drain (Even if you attempted to). If you then played Plasma, Plasma would negate Jinzo. If you then activated Skill Drain, both effects would be negated.

If Plasma is face up, and your opponent has Skill Drain face up, and you Summon Jinzo, Jinzo is negated due to Skill Drain, as is Plasma.

Continuous effects don't "activate", rather they're just there. First one on the field takes priority over the others.

Gotta love the roulette system Konami makes...and when I say roulette system I mean utter ********.

WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY HOLDING THE DUELIST REVOLUTION SNEAK PEEK EVENTS???!!!
It is in less than a week and no matter how I word my Google search I can't get even a single link to anything useful, only general info about the set and specific stores (none of which are anywhere near where I live) telling that they will be holding the event.
All I want is a list of participating locations; could someone please give me a link?

On a side note, I just need to say that this is why Google.com SUCKS!!!

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY HOLDING THE DUELIST REVOLUTION SNEAK PEEK EVENTS???!!!
It is in less than a week and no matter how I word my Google search I can't get even a single link to anything useful, only general info about the set and specific stores (none of which are anywhere near where I live) telling that they will be holding the event.
All I want is a list of participating locations; could someone please give me a link?

On a side note, I just need to say that this is why Google.com SUCKS!!!

You should know what your local stores are. Go check those websites and see if they are hosting the sneak peak.

This question is really general, but what is the state of the metagame right now? What decks are the most used, and what must I know to play against them?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
You should know what your local stores are. Go check those websites and see if they are hosting the sneak peak.

This question is really general, but what is the state of the metagame right now? What decks are the most used, and what must I know to play against them?

Mmhm, if all hope is lost ,ask the store you normally go to.

Well, there's a month left of this format now, and ever since Shining Darkness came out things are said to have been getting waaaay worse. Tops decks are:

X-Sabers
Infernities
Frog FTK
Glads

Frog Monarch
Herald of Perfection
Blackwings
Machina

Top 3 are all seen as terribly unfair, since they can O/FTK in their own ways with crazy loops and stuff. Teir 1.5-2 stuff is still pretty great, they can retain advantage or just win right away; Herald is capable of lockdown that's practically an OTK, Frog Monarch generates tons of monsters, and BW/Machina swarms while controlling heavily.

Don't play much for the next month unless you're seriously itching to get back into the game. While rogue decks can do a a good amount this format- Herald pretty much originated as this- Decks are going to be expensive. There are going to be a LOT of reprints this autumn, through tins and SE's, so it is a potentially great format to start playing again in, should certain decks (Sabers) be hit on the list.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Probably a stupid question, but does the release date of August 31st for Wave 1 of the 2010 Collectors Tins apply to the UK? I can't find any evidence to the contrary, but I want to be sure before I end up going a wild goose chase looking for them...

Last edited:

cybermew

A la lune!
Probably a stupid question, but does the release date of August 31st for Wave 1 of the 2010 Collectors Tins apply to the UK? I can't find any evidence to the contrary, but I want to be sure before I end up going a wild goose chase looking for them...

The UK now recieves all products 4-5 days earlier, so you never have any worry of places not having stuff that's out in the US.

My best bet is your local hobby shop or Chips, if not, wherever sells cards.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
The UK now recieves all products 4-5 days earlier, so you never have any worry of places not having stuff that's out in the US.

My best bet is your local hobby shop or Chips, if not, wherever sells cards.

Thanks. Any idea on the price? I seem to remember collectors tins being, um, disturbingly expensive.

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
1. I've asked a question similar to this before, but are there any Tuners/Synchros that have effects related to removing cards from play and can fit into a Macro deck?
2. You don't need an invite to participate in a Regional, right?
3. What are current "staples," or cards that are almost a must in any deck?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
1. I've asked a question similar to this before, but are there any Tuners/Synchros that have effects related to removing cards from play and can fit into a Macro deck?
2. You don't need an invite to participate in a Regional, right?
3. What are current "staples," or cards that are almost a must in any deck?

1. Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor removes itself for the effect, Plaguespreader Zombie and Snyffus removes themselves after being summoned by its effect, Spore removes a Plant from play (only once), Elephun adds removed from play Beast/Beast-Warrior/Winged-Beast stuff to your hand while Uni-Horned Familiar removes them from play in the first place.

2. The reason you go to Regionals is to get your invite, so right.

3. Copied from somewhere, might be missing some:
Monsters:
"Sangan"
"Gorz the Emissary of Darkness"
"Plaguespreader Zombie"
"Blackwing-Gale the Whirlwind"
"Cyber Dragon"

Spells:
"Monster Reborn"
"Dark Hole"
"Giant Trunade"
"Mystical Space Typhoon"
"Book of Moon"
"Smashing Ground"
"My Body as a Shield"
"Cold Wave"
"Pot of Duality"
"Mind Control"

Traps:
"Solemn Judgement"
"Solemn Warning"
"Starlight Road"
"Torrential Tribute"
"Bottomless Trap Hole"
"Dust Tornado"
"Dark Bribe"
"Mirror Force"
"Trap Stun"
"Trap Dustshoot"
"Divine Wrath"
"Compulsory Evacuation Device"

Questions I have:

Can Ally of Justice Unlimiter and Limiter Removal stack since Limiter Removal doubles ATK as opposed to original ATK?

Which effect happens first, Draw Frog or Sasuke Samurai #3?

Does an Amazoness monster that destroys a monster with higher ATK cause of Amazoness Heirloom count as destroying it as a result of battle or result of effect?

If Giant Orc attacks a monster who's effect changes its battle position (I can't think of any right now besides Bite Shoes,) which effect happens first, Giant Orc's or the other monster?

Can Amazoness Scouts be chained to cards like Dark Hole to prevent your Amazoness monsters from being destroyed?

Last edited:

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
okay ive got a few questions

1. Do you lose lifepoints if someone attacks your arcan force 0 - the fool?

2. Do you lose lifepoints if someone attacks your attack position spellcaster but protect it with Magical Defender(or what the name was, i forgot it)?

3. Does Rainbow Veil's effect counts as 'targetting a monster'?

4. Is there a way to summon a fusion monster from your extra deck without any of the listed monsters?

5. Is there a card to change all of your monsters into fairies and is there a card to turn your opponents monsters into plants, except Ivy Shackles?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Questions I have:

Can Ally of Justice Unlimiter and Limiter Removal stack since Limiter Removal doubles ATK as opposed to original ATK?

Yes.

Which effect happens first, Draw Frog or Sasuke Samurai #3?

Poison Draw Frog has an optional effect, and Sasuke has a mandatory one. I may be wrong here, but this is my interpretation. Sasuke's effect goes after damage occurs to the life points. It resolves. Then, Draw Frog goes to the Graveyard and activates/resolves, unless something else gets chained and potentially hurts its timing.
Does an Amazoness monster that destroys a monster with higher ATK cause of Amazoness Heirloom count as destroying it as a result of battle or result of effect?

It is Heirloom that destroys the monster, so it is an effect that destroys it.

If Giant Orc attacks a monster who's effect changes its battle position (I can't think of any right now besides Bite Shoes,) which effect happens first, Giant Orc's or the other monster?

Orc's effect changes it at the end of the entire Battle Phase, whereas Bite Shoes will activate during the Battle Phase. So, Shoes first.
Can Amazoness Scouts be chained to cards like Dark Hole to prevent your Amazoness monsters from being destroyed?

It can be chained to any Spell Speed 2 or below card, I believe. But it can definitely be chained to Dark Hole, which is 1.

okay ive got a few questions

1. Do you lose lifepoints if someone attacks your arcan force 0 - the fool?

If in attack position, yes, if in defense position, no. Any monster that isn't destroyed by battle has damage applied like normal. So, unless a monster can do piercing damage, you're safe.

2. Do you lose lifepoints if someone attacks your attack position spellcaster but protect it with Magical Defender(or what the name was, i forgot it)?

Defender only prevents destruction, which would happen after it is attack and you lose life points.
3. Does Rainbow Veil's effect counts as 'targetting a monster'?

No.

4. Is there a way to summon a fusion monster from your extra deck without any of the listed monsters?

Use a Fusion Substitute Monster, or summon it by other means like Instant Fusion or Magical Scientist.

5. Is there a card to change all of your monsters into fairies and is there a card to turn your opponents monsters into plants, except Ivy Shackles?

No on fairies, except DNA Surgery of course. Same goes for Plants, unless you Creature Swap a Naturia Pineapple?