• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
If in attack position, yes, if in defense position, no. Any monster that isn't destroyed by battle has damage applied like normal. So, unless a monster can do piercing damage, you're safe.

Defender only prevents destruction, which would happen after it is attack and you lose life points.

No.

Use a Fusion Substitute Monster, or summon it by other means like Instant Fusion or Magical Scientist.

No on fairies, except DNA Surgery of course. Same goes for Plants, unless you Creature Swap a Naturia Pineapple?

okay thanks ^^ so that means arcana force 0 and the sanctuary in the sky are a great combo to protect yourself untill you get the cards you want?

oh and is there a card that forces your opponent to attack your monster? To attack Yubel actually

Freya

Noam Chompsky
okay thanks ^^ so that means arcana force 0 and the sanctuary in the sky are a great combo to protect yourself untill you get the cards you want?

Or you could simple set the Fool in facedown defense.

oh and is there a card that forces your opponent to attack your monster? To attack Yubel actually

Staunch Defender and Battle Mania both force your opponents monsters battle yours, Staunch is more reliable if you want them to attack a single one as with Battle Mania they can attack another monster you may have.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Or you could simple set the Fool in facedown defense.

Staunch Defender and Battle Mania both force your opponents monsters battle yours, Staunch is more reliable if you want them to attack a single one as with Battle Mania they can attack another monster you may have.

... why didn't i thought about that?

and in that case i think i'd go with Staunch Defender.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Are all cards with variable ATK/DEF unaffected by ATK/DEF modifiers? I know that The Wicked Avatar is (unless I've been misinformed), so I was wondering if it applies to the others too. Since their effects say something like "this card's ATK and/or DEF is/are equal to [condition]", it would seem to make sense...

(to clarify, I'm thinking of cards with ? ATK/DEF whose ATK/DEF change whenever the conditions determining them change, rather than those whose ATK/DEF are determined and fixed when they're summoned)

Actually, no, scratch that question: Someone please explain to me what's different about the effects of cards like The Wicked Avatar, Chaos Necromancer and Gren Maju Da Eiza that makes them 'continuous effects' and therefore makes the card effectively unaffected by ATK/DEF modifiers, while the effect of The Wicked Eraser is apparently not continuous even though it's the same kind of thing.

(unless Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki is wrong, of course)

Last edited:

cybermew

A la lune!
Are all cards with variable ATK/DEF unaffected by ATK/DEF modifiers? I know that The Wicked Avatar is (unless I've been misinformed), so I was wondering if it applies to the others too. Since their effects say something like "this card's ATK and/or DEF is/are equal to [condition]", it would seem to make sense...

(to clarify, I'm thinking of cards with ? ATK/DEF whose ATK/DEF change whenever the conditions determining them change, rather than those whose ATK/DEF are determined and fixed when they're summoned)

Actually, no, scratch that question: Someone please explain to me what's different about the effects of cards like The Wicked Avatar, Chaos Necromancer and Gren Maju Da Eiza that makes them 'continuous effects' and therefore makes the card effectively unaffected by ATK/DEF modifiers, while the effect of The Wicked Eraser is apparently not continuous even though it's the same kind of thing.

(unless Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki is wrong, of course)

The likelyhood is BKSS - Because Konami Said So.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
This has been bugging me for a while. If my opponent attacks my face-down say Penguin Soldier and return the attacking monster to my opponent's hand, does my Penguin Soldier get destroyed? Would this also apply if they attack my Man-Eater Bug and I destroyed the attacking monster?

This has been bugging me for a while. If my opponent attacks my face-down say Penguin Soldier and return the attacking monster to my opponent's hand, does my Penguin Soldier get destroyed? Would this also apply if they attack my Man-Eater Bug and I destroyed the attacking monster?

In both instances, your monster would be destroyed. Flip effects happen after combat damage calculation, and thus after your monster is destroyed, where applicable.

I'm really confused now. I just got one of those special edition things with Honest and one pack each of Tactical Evolution, Phantom Darkness, and Light of Destruction (what happened to Gladiator's Assault, anyway?). In the Phantom Darkness pack I pulled a Rainbow Life and a Darknight Parshath. I thought they only started letting people get two rares per pack when they came out with The Duelist's Genesis; why were there two rares in a Phantom Darkness pack, a set that was released before The Duelist's Genesis?
It's not like I'm upset about this, just really confused.

Also, ever since they changed the packs to allow more than one rare per pack, every single time I have gotten a Super, Ultra, Secret, or Ghost Rare from a pack (at least the packs released after The Duelist's Genesis), it has been the fourth card in the pack, followed by a Normal Rare. The only exception was a pack I got with three Super Rares about a year ago. Is that normal, or just a really weird coincidence?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I'm really confused now. I just got one of those special edition things with Honest and one pack each of Tactical Evolution, Phantom Darkness, and Light of Destruction (what happened to Gladiator's Assault, anyway?). In the Phantom Darkness pack I pulled a Rainbow Life and a Darknight Parshath. I thought they only started letting people get two rares per pack when they came out with The Duelist's Genesis; why were there two rares in a Phantom Darkness pack, a set that was released before The Duelist's Genesis?
It's not like I'm upset about this, just really confused.

Also, ever since they changed the packs to allow more than one rare per pack, every single time I have gotten a Super, Ultra, Secret, or Ghost Rare from a pack (at least the packs released after The Duelist's Genesis), it has been the fourth card in the pack, followed by a Normal Rare. The only exception was a pack I got with three Super Rares about a year ago. Is that normal, or just a really weird coincidence?

Considering that Phantom Darkness is currently out of print, and considering that Twilight Edition was only recently released, they probably had to redo the pack printings and had them conform to the way packs are released now.

As for the fourth card thing, it's just a pattern of packaging.

I really hope necroposting is allowed in stickies...

Recently got a Psi-Blocker... its effect since it's a fairly new card (Starstrike Blast)

Once per turn, you can declare 1 card name. Cards with that name, and their effects, cannot be used until the End of your opponent's next turn.

Tried looking up the ruling for this card like I did for Amazoness Scouts but it wasn't on the official site. To what extent can a declared monster not be used? Can't be Summoned, or if it's already out on the field, the effect part is clear, but does "can't be used" mean can't be used for Tributes, can't be used to attack, and can't be used as a Fusion/Synchro Material monster?

Mikau

Better then you
I've been wondering something for awhile, what is the Dragunity Arma Leyvaten loop? I've heard of it but don't know how to do it.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I really hope necroposting is allowed in stickies...

Recently got a Psi-Blocker... its effect since it's a fairly new card (Starstrike Blast)

Once per turn, you can declare 1 card name. Cards with that name, and their effects, cannot be used until the End of your opponent's next turn.

Tried looking up the ruling for this card like I did for Amazoness Scouts but it wasn't on the official site. To what extent can a declared monster not be used? Can't be Summoned, or if it's already out on the field, the effect part is clear, but does "can't be used" mean can't be used for Tributes, can't be used to attack, and can't be used as a Fusion/Synchro Material monster?

From what I heard at a recent regional, Psi-Blocker is using the same rulings as Prohibition. Though that may have changed/will change. The one difference is that even if Psi-Blocker leaves the field, the declared card still cannot be used until the end of the next turn.

Prohibition rulings.

"Use" is not a substitute for any term. It literally means that neither player can use it at all. Not as a cost, no effects, can't activate or set it. All you can do is tribute it for a Tribute Summon, and have it be messed with with other card effects. Like, summoned via Mystic Tomato or discarded by an effect.

I've been wondering something for awhile, what is the Dragunity Arma Leyvaten loop? I've heard of it but don't know how to do it.

2 Leyvaten (1 in Grave)
1 Light and Darkness Dragon (In Grave)

-Summon Leyvaten, equip LaDD to it.
-Leyvaten is removed from field, LaDD is destroyed as it is an Equip Card
-LaDD was destroyed, so it's summon-from-Graveyard effect goes off
-Select second Leyvaten and summon it
-Equip is with the same LaDD

It will continue until one of the three monsters is removed from the loop.

...so can you use selected monsters for attacking? That's the thing I was wondering about most.

darklord18

question

if i use crystal abundance while having odin or loki out on the field with their effect active what happens?

Who's activating Crystal Abundance? Regardless, you can't bring back Loki or Odin back during the end phase using their "remove a tuner" effect, because they must be destroyed to activate that, while Crystal Abundance just sends it straight to the graveyard.

Crawley007

That would be yours and your opponents. It isn't effected by ones that target or even ones that don't target. So pretty much nothing in the trap/spell section can touch it.

A question of my own...

In a recent online duel, myself using Gravekeepers and my opponent using Karakuri Machina Plants:
I had Gravekeeper's Descendant and Gravekeeper's Spy on the field.
He has a face down and Machina Fortress.
I activate Descendant's ability and tribute Spy, he flips up Book Of Moon and uses it on Descendant.
But I still got my effect and it destroyed Fortress.

I'm not too good with rulings, and trigger effects and ignition effects, etc but why did I still get my effect? Not that I'm complaining, I won :p

Last edited: