• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPPf Alternate TCG YGO Deck Contest Thread II - The Renewal

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Yay! ^^

It's back and with a new lease of life! This is the Deck Contest thread, a place where I will intially set a theme, then you build a deck based on that theme.

The winner of the current contest is decided every seven days.

The theme can be anything! From Types, to Attributes, to even changes in the ban-list, (like a previous ban-list or your own custom made one).

Here are the rules:

• 1: Only 1 entry per person.
• 2: To enter, all you need to do is post a deck, in the "Rate my Deck" section, with this in the title "YGO Deck Contest: ", instead of "YGO Adv:", "YGO Trad:" etc...
• 3: Follow the current YGO Adv Ban-list.
• 4: If otherwise stated, we are using the current Advanced list and you can use any card, even ones the TCG may not have access to.

This contest's theme is...

"Solidarity"

Rules:
• The deck's monsters all must be the same type.
• Your deck must use 2 to 3 copies of Solidarity.
• No one else is allowed to post a deck that is the same type as someone else who has already posted their entry.
• Maximum of 4 "staple" cards.

Also when a contestant posts their deck, the person must stat the goal/aim of the deck.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Are we allowed only TCG cards, or confirmed OCG ones, or just what's out already? I'd like to know.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
NOES! Damn I hate Synchro. i.i Oh well, better get started. *cracks neck* I'll use my DS for this and then modify it with the expansion of the TCG.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
If otherwise stated, we are using the current Advanced list and you can use any card, even ones the TCG may not have access to.

toonycj

How many cards can you use? Do you count legit Exodia's, and the parts, against the rules? How many times can you use the same card? Do archtypes, E.G. Archfiends, Ancient Gear ect., count as syncro? Do you want the decks posted or PM'd to you? Can I be a judge?

EDIT: Also, are there any rules on repeated cards, E.G. 28 Just Desert's?

Last edited:

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
How many cards can you use? Do you count legit Exodia's, and the parts, against the rules? How many times can you use the same card? Do archtypes, E.G. Archfiends, Ancient Gear ect., count as syncro? Do you want the decks posted or PM'd to you? Can I be a judge?

Christ! I had forgotten about the contest! :\

Still the deadline for this contest was a week, and I shall now do judging :D

This contest is over, and results will be posted here soon.

The winner chooses the next theme :D

As for your questions...

1. You can use a maximum of 60 cards in a deck, and a minimum of 40. But, that's kind of beginner's knowledge.
2. Why would Exodia be against the rules?
3. You can use up to three of a card in a deck, unless it says otherwise on the Forbidden/Limited list.
3. ...arg, Archfiends and Ancient Gears aren't Synchro, how could they be on their own? The aim of this contest was to post a deck which is based on Synchro Summoning, and as such, could use any cards (even Ancient Gears and Archfiends), as long as it was based on Synchro Summoning.
4. All decks are to be posted in the Alt. Card Rate my Deck sub forum.
5. No you can't be a judge, you have failed to show even the most basic knowledge of the game.

EDIT: Also, are there any rules on repeated cards, E.G. 28 Just Desert's?

...did you ever read the rule book?

toonycj

1. Its been years since I've even touched a YGO card. A lot has changed evidently.
2. Back when I played, some rulesets wouldn't let you use it because you could just put it in a stall deck until you got all the parts, and boom.
3. Never heard of syncro summoning in my life. Ever. I just thought Syncro meant you had to get a random group of cards that support themselves.
5. I have knowledge of the game way back when.
No. When I played YGO there was no rulebook. So you can screw off. My friend just got me back into the game a month ago.

Last edited:

Freya

Noam Chompsky
3. Never heard of syncro summoning in my life. Ever. I just thought Syncro meant you had to get a random group of cards that support themselves.

Synchro Summoning is a new mechanic that was added with the Release of the Duelist Genesis way back when in August 2008, what you are referring to as synchro would be known as an Archetype.

No. When I played YGO there was no rulebook. So you can screw off. My friend just got me back into the game a month ago.

There has always been a rule book.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
1. Its been years since I've even touched a YGO card. A lot has changed evidently.
2. Back when I played, some rulesets wouldn't let you use it because you could just put it in a stall deck until you got all the parts, and boom.
5. I have knowledge of the game way back when.

1. A lot has changed, that is evident.
2. Exodia isn't broken, plus, to my knowledge there were no official "rulesets" that dictated what cards you could use. That's what the ban list is for.
3. Ah, no. A random group of cards what support each other would not be a good challenge, since there is no challenge in putting together a group of forty random cards.
4. Oh, you seem to have missed out four...T_T
5. How far "back then", you're being too vague. In addition, there has always been a rulebook, whether or not you choose to read it is another thing.

If you expect to be able to post here and be accepted, it would be wise not to "tread on anyone's toes".

Careful now.

toonycj

I felt no need to respond to four. "Back then" is around the time when the YGO Anime was at Pegasus's island. I don't expect to be liked, just treated semi-respectfully. When there were less cards, Exodia was powerful indeed, with the instant win, and there were few, if any cards that could counter the effect. Now if you don't mind, let's keep the thread purposeful, and go ahead and give the new theme so that we can start compiling decks. :)
There has always been a rule book.
But the rules in it were arguably not official. :p

Last edited:

Freya

Noam Chompsky
I felt no need to respond to four. "Back then" is around the time when the YGO Anime was at Pegasus's island. I don't expect to be liked, just treated semi-respectfully. When there were less cards, Exodia was powerful indeed, with the instant win, and there were few, if any cards that could counter the effect. Now if you don't mind, let's keep the thread purposeful, and go ahead and give the new theme so that we can start compiling decks. :)

Youre not making any new decks until you fully understand the game state now.

But the rules in it were arguably not official. :p

Okay, where is your argument. My argument is the Upper Deck and Konami logos in my Starter Deck Yugi Rulebook.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Maybe like, the rules were less popular since when the game first started you'd be hard-pressed to find competitive play? The anime reigned a lot more than the actual gameplay back when the cards started coming out.

RAI WHERE IS THE WINNER + THEME?

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Maybe like, the rules were less popular since when the game first started you'd be hard-pressed to find competitive play? The anime reigned a lot more than the actual gameplay back when the cards started coming out.

Though this may be true, the Rulebook was still official.
RAI WHERE IS THE WINNER + THEME?

I CONCUR.

toonycj

I would guess he is still deciding the winner. Or perhaps he hasn't got around to posting them.
I will accept defeat in the matter of the rulebook, but I agree with Sirnight that it wasn't all that used while the anime was running.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Hey, when I started playing, I watched the Duelist Kingdom arc and even I knew something was up when one of my opponents mysteriously fused three Blue-Eyes White Dragons he didn't have into Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon two or so years BEFORE IT EVEN GOT RELEASED.

And to make this point, he did it with DRAGON CAPTURE JAR.

I rest my case on the insanity.

Thank god Kaiba decided the game needed a rehaul. And thank god he survived the most difficult task known to a duelist... learning how to play the game.

Anyway, I've got a few plans for Decks using Duel Terminal cards... maybe a DARK Deck using that epic Synchro One-Hundred Eye Dragon...

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
The people who entered this contest were: Raiburuto ; Sirnight ; Freya

Since I entered this contest, I am obliged to judge each deck without bias.

Click the links to view the decks ;)

Raiburuto - Emissary Synchro: This decks aims to make Synchro Summoning with EfP easier. Foolish Burial sends Treeborn Frog and the Quillbolt Hedgehogs to the Graveyard, so when EfP is summoned, you can potentially get any Synchro Monster from Level 6 up.

Sirnight - Infernal Cat: A deck that used an interesting combination of deck types: Infernities and Rescue Synchro. With the Rescue Synchro part of this deck draining the hand of resources and the Infernities making up for that, this deck is rather good.

Freya - Black Cat: “Activate Black Garden, Summon Armageddon Knight, Target Summoner Monk, Opponent gets 1 Black Garden Token, Activate Black Garden's 2nd effect, Destroys the 1 Token and summon Monk since it has 800 attack as well. Standard Synchro Cat procedure from here on.”

Another take on the ever popular Rescue Synchro deck. This deck ingeniusly uses the secondary effect of Black Garden to get Summoner Monk on the field just that bit faster, and it does with style.

The judging is as follows:

1st: Freya
2nd: Sirnight
3rd: Raiburuto

Freya wins it for the added flare ;)

EDIT:

The next theme is on the first post!