• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Star Wars Thread

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Who else loves Star Wars as much as I do? What is your favorite of the Star Wars movies and why? Do you think George Lucas needs to stop editing the movies? This is where you can talk about anything Star Wars related.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I liked the 2nd one, and the 4th and 6th ones a whole bunch.
I didn't however like how they keep editing them, except for one thing that I love that they edited in.
In the last scene in the 6th one, they put in Anakin from when he was younger and I thought that was really cool! So did my Dad and he grew up with SW.
He was like, "They put Anakin in- Hey look, they put Anakin from the first three in there, that's so cool." I love my Dad.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I don't feel bad, in fact I feel pretty good about it. I thought it was sweet.

ChedWick

I love the whole Star Wars Universe but and I'm sure I'll get some flack for this, secretly I've always thought Darth Vader to be a bit of a puss. Any time I see a documentary on the series they always go on about Darth Vader being the this immensely evil and scary villain but that image just doesn't sit with me. Sure in games and books they may play to that evil tune better but from a strictly cinematic view I'd say there are far far better villains.

The only change I really disliked was in Return of the Jedi when for Anakin's redemption they changed characters.

Last edited:

Fireflies

Aura Master
I liked it when they showed the young anakin. Seriously what is wrong with it to u guys?

Korusan

Banned
I love the whole Star Wars Universe but and I'm sure I'll get some flack for this, secretly I've always thought Darth Vader to be a bit of a puss. Any time I see a documentary on the series they always go on about Darth Vader being the this immensely evil and scary villain but that image just doesn't sit with me. Sure in games and books they may play to that evil tune better but from a strictly cinematic view I'd say there are far far better villains.

The only change I really disliked was in Return of the Jedi when for Anakin's redemption they changed characters.

The thing with Vader is that he's not meant to be some kind of Christ-like saviour - far from it, actually. He was meant to be more of a family man who did some pretty good deeds but was steered to evil by legitimate causes like temptation for power and such. You know, things that real humans fall prey to. He shouldn't have become a megalomaniacal psychopath who murders young children because his mom and wife die (which doesn't sit with the who "I'm space Jesus" thing anyways), nor should he have been the focal point for the entire saga. In the original trilogy he was rarely shown to be the head honcho anyways - he seemed on par with Tarkin in Star Wars, a Nazi commander in Empire (think Colonel Hans Landa) who was intrigued that he may have found his long lost son (using his authority to try and confirm it), and the second in command of the Empire in Jedi, nevertheless still the Emperor's bitch. While Jedi's still really good I can't help but feel like the flaw with it was that it have Vader more importance than he's worth, which only became a problem retroactively when it meant he'd dominate the prequels. If they left it at the original trilogy and gave him more of a secondary protagonist role like Han Solo had starting with number 2 or something, he would have been far more interesting.

Case in point, Vader's a lot more rough and tough and cool when you imagine him not to be the second banana in the Empire, because it makes you wonder what people closer to the Emperor are capable of...

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Yeah I've seen all of the RLM reviews, including the ones that aren't Star Wars. But anyways, as much as I hate most of Lucas' changes, it only made sense to show Anakin with the remake, seeing as us as the viewers now know what Anakin looked like before he became Darth. If he randomly did it without making the prequels, then it would make no sense.

Korusan

Banned
Yeah I've seen all of the RLM reviews, including the ones that aren't Star Wars. But anyways, as much as I hate most of Lucas' changes, it only made sense to show Anakin with the remake, seeing as us as the viewers now know what Anakin looked like before he became Darth. If he randomly did it without making the prequels, then it would make no sense.

Not to get all
mC2fG.gif
about it but he went back to Anakin before dying so he should look like what good Anakin would look like at that age if he didn't get all burnt and fugly.

Next you'll tell me they should redo Yoda in CGI too for that scene. :(

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Did someone say Star Wars? Movies were great, loved 3 and 6 the most, 4 and 5 were good, and 1 and 2 were meh.

Who thinks they went overboard with the Expanded Universe stuff?

Fireflies

Aura Master
I thought the added NOOo would've already gotten some flack here but I guess nOt. I love young awakens look btw. He so cute : )

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Lol I love your sig King. And as for Korusan. Once he became all burnt and ****, he became Darth Vader. Anakin had died. Just as Obi said "Darth Vader killed your father". Therefore, young Anakin was the only Anakin.

Fireflies

Aura Master
Lol I love your sig King. And as for Korusan. Once he became all burnt and ****, he became Darth Vader. Anakin had died. Just as Obi said "Darth Vader killed your father". Therefore, young Anakin was the only Anakin.

That's what I'm trying to say I guess but yeah well said dude

Fireflies

Aura Master
Yeah but when I saw the change I couldn't help laughin and shaking my head in shame

Korusan

Banned

But he became Anakin again before dying, and when he did he didn't magically transform into Hayden Christiansen. He stayed as a charred old man instead of being a charred young man. It makes perfect sense.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
He didn't become Anakin just because he killed the Emperor. He was just a slightly change of heart Darth Vader. Anakin died the day he killed all the children.