• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Star Wars Thread

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
There are a couple of differences. I could be wrong but I feel like Darth Maul talks more in the Blu-Rays. Don't quote me on that though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There are a couple of differences. I could be wrong but I feel like Darth Maul talks more in the Blu-Rays. Don't quote me on that though.

I think he only talked once in the original version, when he and Palpitine were talking on Coruscant(?)

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
How about dat Star Wars club?

Also, which time period do guys you enjoy more? Pre-Galactic Civil War or Post/During?

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I don't know, if Pre-Galactic Civil War could've gone on, without the war then I would say that, but if it has to happen I would pick post. At least you could start anew : )

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
That's a tough one. I mainly focus all my Star Wars energies on the 3681 BBY-whenever the Cold War ended (pre-TOR and TOR), and 32 BBY-15 BBY (Naboo Crisis all the way through the Galactic Civil War's end with the death of Thrawn).

Speaking of The Old Republic, who's getting it? It comes out 11/20/11. Despite how much I'd love to get it, I can't afford to pay that monthly subscription. Unless Bioware/EA decide to pull a LotR:O or D&D:O and make it free, or if I manage to get a job or get published (fat chance anytime soon on either) and have enough spare cash to pay the subscription, I can't get it.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Would love to get Old Republic, but like you that greedy monthly subscription is keeping me away.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I am seriously disappointed that the Old Republic comes with only a 3 month subscription when you buy it. It should be 4 months at least to make up for the $60 price tag plus the later payments each month.

Nothing but a way to keep milking money out of you. Thats all MMOs are. The 60 bucks should be enough

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian
Nothing but a way to keep milking money out of you. Thats all MMOs are. The 60 bucks should be enough

More specifically, it's what almost everything from EA is. I think it's a crime that LucasArts gave EA partial (more like total though) control over TOR.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
On the subject of the Blu-Rays, I know they've been given a great release and that I'll buy them, but I can't help but want a Saga release similar to what Toei did with it's Dragon Boxes for DragonBall. The Z boxes included the TV Specials and OVA; I'd like to see a Star Wars set with the unreleased on home video Holiday Special, and possibly miniseries like Droids, Ewoks and Star Wars: Clone Wars.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Trying to keep the thread alive, at least until Scubasteve or somebody gets the club kicking.

Who wants this?
lucas_carbonite1.jpg

briguin

Dr. Geek
XD

Who thought Revenge of the Sith was awesome? I keep hearing it was bad, but I disagree.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
XD

Who thought Revenge of the Sith was awesome? I keep hearing it was bad, but I disagree.

The original trilogy puts it to shame, though I guess it is the best of the prequels. Everything I besides the battle of naboo (Espicially the duel of fates) is not too great, and in II I'm not a fan of the new Anakin. Though seeing Yoda fight was pretty cool.

SmartD

My brother showed me this neat easter egg:

It was part of the Star Wars Holiday Special.