• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulk

world_w_01.gif
world_w_10.gif
world_w_09.gif
world_w_18.gif
world_w_11.gif
world_w_08.gif
world_w_04.gif
world_w_03.gif
world_w_06.gif
world_w_16.gif
world_w_05.gif
world_w_02.gif

The Official
800px-SSBB_logo.jpg

Thread

(SSBB for short. Approved by RedStarWarrior.)

Right, welcome to the new and improved SSBB thread.

Release Dates (VERY Important)
Japan - TBA 2007
North America - 3rd December 2007
Europe and UK - TBA
Australia and New Zealand - TBA

NB: The realease for NA was exactly 6 years after Melee. If this is true for the other dates, expect JP on Nov 21st 07, EU on May 24th 2008 and AUS on May 31st 2008.​

General Information about SSBB

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the third title in Nintendo’s fighter series. It ensembles a cast of old and new game characters, most of whom are owned by Nintendo. Super Smash Bros. differs from traditional fighting games, in that simply hitting an opponent will not result in a KO. The enemy must be hit hard enough to fly out of the screen. Each hit will increase damage applied to an opponent, and the more damage (or percentage) that has been accumulated; the more likely the character is to fly off the screen. The man who directed the last two games, Sakurai, is directing the game.

~~~

head_title_01.jpg

So far, 13 characters have been confirmed to appear in this game, and it cannot be assumed that all characters from the previous titles will return. The characters revealed so far are (in order of revelation):

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/ Zero-Suit Samus
Wario
Snake (the first 3rd party character to ever appear in a SSB game)
Fox McCloud
Zelda
Bowser
DK
Yoshi*

(* Although Yoshi has not been officially confirmed, in the Nintendo World trailer for SSBB, a Yoshi stage was shown, blatantly suggesting that Yoshi will be playable. Further more, Yoshi's icon (see top of post) and Yoshi's Story: Ending track have been posted. It is only a matter of time before he is confirmed.)

~~~

head_title_04.jpg

Another key factor of the games so far are the stages battle takes place in. So far, confirmed stages include.

Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
The Halberd - aka Meta Knight’s Ship (Kirby)
A Mario Kart (Mario Kart)
Pokemon Coliseum (Pokemon)
An Ancient Greece inside of a temple (Kid Icarus)**
An Ancient Greece temple in the sky (Kid Icarus)**
A Metal Gear Solid Stage (Metal Gear Solid)

(** These two stages may in fact only be two parts of one stage.)

[
world_w_01.gif
] Battlefield
Battlefield makes a welcome return to Super Smash Bros. but with some new visual effects. Firstly the actual stage has been revamped so that it looks far better. And secondly, as the battle continues, the background, which is gorgeous, changes from Day, to Evening, on to Night and round to Dawn, sort of like the new Pokemon games. The music for this stage is called "Menu 1" and is a re-recorded version of the menu tune played in Melee. The song can be found on the main Super Smash Bros. Brawl website. There is nothing else to this stage and it doesn't change at all.

[
world_w_10.gif
] Delfino Plaza
Delfino Plaza is the same is every detail to the Plaza seen in the game it comes from, Super Mario Sunshine. The stage works similarly to Mute City from Melee, where a stage would fly around and land at certain points, merging with the floor. Here, the stage flies around Delfino Plaza, as if touring it, and landing at specific points. The most exciting part of this stage is that it is an exact replica of the Plaza from Sunshine; incredible detail has gone into it. It is likely this stage will be open from the start, as it seems to be Mario's Stage.

[
world_w_11.gif
] Yoshi’s Island
This seems to be Yoshi's main stage. Based on the games Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS, this complements the games by using the same graphics, more like a drawing. The centre stage here tilts backwards and forwards whilst a "Support Ghost", a small platform balanced on top of a ghost's head, appears and disappears from time to time to the sides of the stage. he stage also changes via seasons, similar to Battlefields day to night cycle. Here the stage goes from Autumn to Winter, with Spring and Summer obviously also expected. This change in seasons does not seem to actually effect battle and is only an aesthetic quality.

[
world_w_03.gif
] Lylat Cruise
This was shown at the end of the second trailer. It features a new high-speed spaceship known as the Pleiades, which soars through various locations in the Lylat System (hence the name). The ship passes through the Asteroid field, Corneria's outer atmosphere and through a space war. It seems that there are more locations as these only make up a very small part of the Lylat System. The ship passes through these places face on, meaning the battle takes place on the back end of the ship. This is new approach to the format of the old stages where the ship was side on. It seems that this is Fox's main stage, suggesting that Corneria has been removed n favour of this.

[
world_w_09.gif
] Bridge of Eldin
This is an exact replica of the bridge featured in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The stage is initially very flat with nothing but a beautiful background. However, the boss from TP's bridge, King Bulblin, does appear every now and again charging across the stage at full pace, knocking players backwards and causing large damage. He will also drop bombs, making holes in bridge, which will eventually collapse. As in the game, after a while, it will be teleported back to allow original play to continue. These events are on a continuous loop.%0

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Right well, fantastic! I've updated this as the primary SSBB thread in my Every Single Wii Game thread, as you asked.

It's a nice idea to have a nice big compilation of information at the front so well done there too. If you need any other help then don't hesitate to ask. I'll look forward to debating SSBB here (rather than "there") in the near future.

Last edited:

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Well, now what? ANy Fox in his Command Costume doesn't look all bad. Though, Assault/Adventures would have been better.

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
Crash Bandicoot (3rd party)

Speed ***
Weight **
Power ***
Jump **

B Wumpa Fruit Toss
B> Wumpa Launcher
B^ Super Jump (from N-tranced)
BV Body Slam

A Spin
AA Double Spin
AAA Triple Spin
A> Slide
A^ Uppercut
AV Downward kick
Smash A> Super slide
Smash A^ Super-duper Spin (from Warped)
Smash AV Super Duper Body slam (from Warped)

Crawl: Like the ones in the games
Taunt: His classic "gem dance"
Entrance: Breaks From a Crate
Super Smash: His fruit cannon, but with a giant wumpa.

It's high time this guy gets back to the classics. While the Gamecube WOC was a bit... bad, the GBA games are excellent, though they are just sidescoller versions of the PS1 games. He did well in the PS1 games when ND still had bim, and I hope that SSBB will take him in. :p

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
I doubt Crash Bandicoot will get in. Now Bubsy theres a real charater. LOOOLLL

Anyway, I think Redstar would have to make it to be offical.

Prelude

Prelude
Ike

Speed ***
Weight **
Power ****
Jump ***

B Basic Punch
B> Basic Kick
B^ Upward thrust (like Adult Link from SSBM)
BV Downward thrust (like Adult Link from SSBM)

A Slash (like Marth from SSBM)
AA Double Slash (Like Marth from SSBM)
AAA Triple Slash, last one slightly more powerful (Like Marth from SSBM)
A> Super-fast charge w/ sword, deals damage (Like Fox from SSBM, but with a sword)
A^ Uppercut
AV Body Slam
Smash A> Aether (Sol + Luna)
Smash A^ Sol (Attacks and heals)
Smash AV Luna (Does 2x damage)

Crawl Get on ground and crawl at about 1 kph
Taunt Swings sword around, saying something
Entrance Just appear as white figure, then slowly colour into Ike
Super Smash Hit & Heal, no charge required!

They need Fire Emblem guys.

Last edited:

Mewtoo

SPPF's Castlevanic
Heres 1 character I think should be in SSBB, after I was politely informed by Bulk that I cant have 3 in 1 post. :p

Soma Cruz:
180px-Soma_Cruz_(Castlevania_character).gif

Soma starred as the main character in Castlevania: Aria of Sarrow for the GBA and Castlevania: Dawn of Sarrow for the Nintendo DS. He's basicly a stylish an 18-yr-old exchange student to Japan, who is a reincarnation of Dracula and can take the souls of monsters and use them against his own enemies.

Soma's stats
------------
Speed***
Weight***
Power***
Jump***

B Skeleton Soul ("throw bones")
B> puppet master Soul ("throws a puppet and switches places with it.")
B^ rockets up into sky,
BV Aguni Soul ("Creates a pillar of fire that races across the ground.")

A punch
AA punch twice
AAA punch twice, then kaiser knuckle
A> Kaiser knuckle pound forward
A^ Kaiser knuckle pound up
AV kaiser knickle pund down, from left to right
Smash A> Claimh Solais slash forward
Smash A^ Claimh Solais slash up, across
Smash AV Claimh Solais slash down, from left to right
Super Move: Attack with Supersized Claimh Solais
Crawl: low on ground, you can press a while crawling to dash-kick
Taunt: Cross arms, smirk
Entrance: n/a

note to bulk: sorry about the confusion, Its my fault I couldn't understand what you were telling me :(

Last edited:

jellsprout

New thread.

What do you guys think about multiplayer mini-games? Currently we only have had Break the Targets, something with platforms and Homerun Contest, which all were single-player.
But what do you think of multiplayer minigames, like a multiplayer Race to the Finish, something where you have to hold a specific item for a certain amount of time, stuff like that?
Especially with the online functions, I think they could be great ideas.

Bulk

Mini games would be VERY nice. They could use the Wiimote in a Raman Raving Rabbid's approatch. They could be simply, but very addictive.

UPDATE!
- Adding Crash Bandicoot (wanted character) to the first post.
- Adding links to more information about each character. Will start soon.

Dark Night, Ike needs more information about each move. Crash's are more obviouse but Ike's aren't. Please put more detail in.

Mewtwo, I will add your characters when you're finished. And thanks Smile Guy, I'll PM you if I need anything.

Last edited:

DarkBlazikenEX

GRRRRRRRRR
Rayman

speed ***
power **
weight**
jump ****

A Punch
AA Double Punch
AAA Punch-Punch-Kick
A^ Upward Punch
A^A Double Upward Punch
A (when moving) Slidding Kick

B (in crowch) Carrot Juice Spray (works like broseser`s flame)
B (can do when moving) Pluger Launch (launches 5 plungers)
B (in air) Body slam
B^ Upward Plunger Launch (launches plungers up)
Super Move: swings a cow alover the place

New idiam:
Raving Rabit- grate projectile

Last edited:

Bulk

Mario

mario.jpg

Name: Mario
First Appearance: Donkey Kong (Arcade, later NES)
Series Clasification: Mario Series
Symbol: A Super Mushroom [
world_b_10.gif
]
Known Move set:
B - Fireball - Mario fires a fireball across the stage, bumping along the ground.
B> - Feather Cape - Mario's trademark yellow cape is whiped out, turning the opponent and reflecting projectiles.
B^ - Coin Jump - Mario propells himself into the air, with each hit of an opponent generating a coin noise and effect.
BV - Mario Tournado - Mario spins himself quickly, trapping opponents and them sending them flying.
~ Crawl: ?
~ Entrance: ?
~ Final Smash: Mario Finale - Mario fires giant fireballs across the stage for a brief period of time.
mario_070529c-l.jpg
Pictures:
mario_070523a.jpg
mario_070523b.jpg

mario_070523c.jpg
mario_070523d.jpg
Notes: It is important to note how much detail has gone into Mario's overalls, even more than detailed than SSBM, which is very impressive. It is also noticable that Mario's head seems to have grown, but I personally feel this suits him. His fighting style has not chnaged and it is unlike his moves will.

Last edited:

oliver sreeves

do wario next Bulk.

and have a big pic of him, please.

off topic. my rank just went up, cool.

Bulk

No, it's a place to discuss everything SSBB. It's just that I feel an up to date list of what characters people want in the games is useful and helpful.

You can discuss everything here about SSBB, don't feel limited.

For example, anyone got any interesting ideas for items? I was thinking of a Wiimote that when you hold A, you could shake the screen around with the joy stick, damaging opponents and confusing players. What do you think?

Prelude

Prelude
Dark Night, Ike needs more information about each move. Crash's are more obviouse but Ike's aren't. Please put more detail in.

Okey-doke. Changed some. Good enough, or need more detail?

Also, it's Black Knight. You misspelt both words. :(

Bulk

Wario

wario.jpg

Name: Wario
First Appearance: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB)
Series Clasification: Wario Series/ WarioWare Series
Symbol: A "W", like the one of Wario's hat [
world_b_16.gif
]
Known Move Set:
Not many of Wario's moves are known at the moment. However, it is known Only two moves are confirmed at the moment.
B> - Wario Chopper - Wario pulls out his bike and hops on. Ramming opponents it can be used to travers stages quickly. Pressing any attack button will make Wario leave the bike. Wario may only summon one bike on the screen at anytime. When Wario leaves it, other characters may use it.
BV - Wario Waft - Wario farts. If a long time is left between attacks, the fart will build up making it more powerful and more explosive.

~ Crawl: Wario moves along the ground on all fours with his bum wiggling in the air.
~ Entrance: ?
~ Super Smash: ?
Pictures:
wario_070620a.jpg
wario_070620b.jpg

wario_070620c.jpg
wario_070620d.jpg
Notes:
It is important to note that Wario does not wear his normal "pluming" clothes but rather dons his WarioWare costume. Becuase of this, his fighting style matches WarioWare, odd. It is unknown whether he will be able to wear his normal clothes.

Last edited:

Dutchinator

Ludicolo fanboy
Its a goddamn Yosis ISLAND stage!!!!

no story, ISLAND

WHY DOESN:T AYONE RESPECTS THE GREATEST 2d PLATFORMER OF ALL TIME!!!???

DarkBlazikenEX

GRRRRRRRRR
I`d be cool if Sonic got in I have an ideim idea for him
Caous Emrald-Alwos the caricter to shoot a stong beam in any direction

Status
Not open for further replies.