• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
We've already seen Kirby's in the trailer. He dons a chef's hat and cooks his opponent in a pot of boiling water.

well i know that but like how do they get in the pot... how many people r in the pot etc. how does the pot work... if there r like 4 people in the pot does one of the people in the pot go exploding off the screen by random etc. i wonder how it works

rob1610

The Leviathan
But Murphy's Law actually tricked both of us so we were both wrong!

Wario is an interesting character and looks pretty awesome in the screenshots. I have the feeling I'll be using Pit and Wario quite a lot!

And high/rising points for Wii? PAH! There will be loads... we're only in Year 1 folks and there's a whole 4 more years to enjoy. 2007 is still shaping up to be pretty good too!

Well, I usually expect my predictions to go wrong. I'm always on a 50/50 scale because I'm expecting Murphy's Law to take effect and screw someone over. Whatever case, we will see Kirby's Final Smash and a How To Play eventually, we all know that's a near given fact.

I only stated what we know will be top sellers for the Wii that we know of right now. I could be wrong and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, but in my mind, it's another stupid Olympics video game...

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Is it just me or is Wario trying to eat Kirby in that one picture...weird.

rob1610

The Leviathan
No surprises today. Fox holds on to his Reflector and Blaster.

Well, there you go. It looks like you were right all along. Fox's Special move remains as the standard Blaster attack he had in Melee. Nice to know that the bomb looking thing on his suit is his reflector. That answers another question, too.

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
Ah a reflector, new gameplay possibilities :D. I'm loving the new little additions all the characters are getting. Everything is being tweaked, but it all adds together into one much better gaming experience. Not sure about Final Smash moves.. seems a cheap way of winning. But with Volt Tackle (omg) I'm sure they require some skill, and aren't too overpowered.

Oh and I too would love a Paper Mario character, or at least someone like Fawful. Mario RPG games ftw :D. Yoko is composing after all, so we might be having some sort of character under those titles.

Last edited:

rob1610

The Leviathan
Ah a reflector, new gameplay possibilities :D. I'm loving the new little additions all the characters are getting. Everything is being tweaked, but it all adds together into one much better gaming experience. Not sure about Final Smash moves.. seems a cheap way of winning. But with Volt Tackle (omg) I'm sure they require some skill, and aren't too overpowered.

Wha? What new possibilities are you thinking of? Apart from the new and improved graphics, it looks like the same old reflector from the original and Melee to me.

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
*cough* Well I don't just mean reflectors, it's just improved slightly. Everything is getting changed slightly. And I never use Fox, I forgot he even had a reflector, my mistake. The site made it seem like it was completely new >_>. Well whatever the case may be, there are still plenty of additions which DO add new gameplay possibilities. Forgive me ^^;.

BTW love Leviathans :).

Weatherguy

Peek-a-boo
Does anyone else think that fox should/will be powered down a bit in this game? I saw that under the reflector it says " Take it out to initiate the Reflector" well does that mean there is going to be more lag when he uses it?

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
i dont think the reflector is gunna take time to use. all it is, is pulling it up and pressing a button. if fox taking out his gun is fast why would there be a difference with his reflector? they both have the same "take out and press" structure, if that makes any sense.

Pokepal

KABOOSH
Well, we know Fox is keeping his moveset in Melee.
They revealed Blaster and Reflector, and in the Fox page screenshots the show his Fox Fire and Fox Illusion.

Nintandy

The Lost Mareep
The Reflector just seems like a normal shield style move. I don't think it will be too much of a hassle to use. Fox seems to have some interesting abilities anyway like his speed and the gun, so I expect he'll be just as good to use as all the others if you know how to use him.

Weatherguy

Peek-a-boo
are there any negative things about fox to balance him out?. hes at the top of the tier list if im not mistaken and i think they should make him slower or something. imo hes overpowered and has too many advantages over all the other characters

edit: why is that bolded?...its probably some noobish thing i dont know about lol

Last edited:

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
It's not and you can't. The Wario Waft (dubbed on the old site) is not his Final Smash because Wario's flatulence builds over time (also stated on the od site). It's more like a Special move with a timer.

Samus (in her Power Suit) is not in either trailer. She was officially revealed after both trailers.

Heh heh! Those pictures of Wario are cool! You can see him "walking" in the first one (top left). Looks like the walk he had in the trailer remains. The second pic (top right) is hilarious! Look, he's falling head first! Maybe a Special move similar to Yoshi's Ground Pound. The third (bottom left) is funny, too, but we've al seen that before and in video form. The last one (bottom right) is also hilarious! He's going to eat Kirby, from the looks of it! This one may also be a Special move...

What if Wario moved normally at first, but as his gas builds up, begins to move erraticly and weirdly as seen in the second trailer.

Just a Thought.

TOMMOROW PREDICTION: Stage (Hopefully)

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!

Oh and I too would love a Paper Mario character, or at least someone like Fawful. Mario RPG games ftw :D. Yoko is composing after all, so we might be having some sort of character under those titles.

yah i kind of agree... like i dont think i will mind it but if its suppppper uber for a few people and thats all they do it would make me mad... but i bet in the options menu u can make it where they dont come... just like u can make it where items dont come. So i wont mind... im just anxious to see all the characters/maps/items/Final smash moves lol not gonna lie i could care less about the music lol

Emblematic

Lurking...
I wonder when a new char will be revieled... if they were to add one maybe in a trailer or just a small clip on smashbros.com.

Oh and final smash... maybe if it's a move thats a 1KO you only do it to one char but say mario's smash which is done to all Brawlers will do alot of damage but not KO them.

jellsprout

Today: Lylat Cruise

A Fox stage, but a different one from the one shown in the second trailer.

Here, you will fight on top of a spaceship while warping to various locations.

The fight rages on as the ship barrels through asteroids, dogfights, and even the atmosphere of Corneria. A-Are you going to be OK?

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Awesome new stage. And it looks so pretty... I guess that's it for another week!

Week 1
May 22, Tues. 2007:
MUSIC - The Musicians
STAGES - Battlefield
HOW TO PLAY - The Basic Rules
May 23, Wed. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Link
CHARACTERS - Mario
May 24, Thu. 2007:
ITEMS - Gooey Bomb
May 25, Fri. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Pit

Week 2
May 28, Mon. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Pit: Special Moves
May 29, Tue. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Mario: Final Smash
HOW TO PLAY - What is a Final Smash?
May 30, Wed. 2007:
HOW TO PLAY - Moving and Shooting
May 31, Thu. 2007:
ITEMS - Cracker Launcher
June 01, Fri. 2007:
STAGES - Delfino Plaza

Week 3
June 04, Mon. 2007:
MUSIC - Yoshi's Story: Ending
June 05, Tue. 2007:
ITEMS - Groudon
ITEMS - What Are Poké Balls?
June 06, Wed. 2007:
HOW TO PLAY - You Must Recover!
June 07, Thu. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Pikachu
CHARACTERS - Kirby
June 08, Fri. 2007:
GAME MODES - Four Kinds of Control

Week 4
June 11, Mon. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Fox
June 12, Tue. 2007:
STAGES - Yoshi's Island
June 13, Wed. 2007:
MUSIC - Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)
June 14, Thu. 2007:
ITEMS - Crates and Barrels
June 15, Fri. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Samus

Week 5
June 18, Mon. 2007
CHARACTERS - Link: Final Smash
June 19, Tue. 2007
CHARACTERS - Pikachu: Final Smash
June 20, Wed. 2007
CHARACTERS - Wario
June 21, Thu. 2007