• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Banned
Wow. =] It looks like a I have a favourite stage now.

Eldin Bridge I mean. xD

But this stage is pretty cool...

I WANT F*CKING METAKNIGHT!!!

Advice_Gal

I think an Animal Crossing character might become available, due to the above reason (symbol thing).

I can't wait for an update on Meta Knight!! :D He's my bishie *yay*

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/index.html

if you notice when you go to each stage's page, you'll see the little symbol that the character that owns the stage has. For instance, Delfino Plaza has Mario's symbol, the mushroom, Yoshi's Island has Yoshi's symbol, the Yoshi egg.

When you look at Smashville's page, however...

hm... maybe an Animal Crossing character or two IS going to get into the game. :p

Or it's just so it has a symbol.

I liked they got the furniture as the symbol, and not the AC logo.

The Animal Crossing stage is essentially another stage with a flat platform but an interesting background. It feels to me like they wanted to include an Animal Crossing stage but couldn't decide what exactly so they included it all again...

The different things happening depending on the actual time is certainly an interesting idea though.

I was so sure he was building up to like a new character being unlocked if you play the stage at that time or something. Maybe that still is the case. Perhaps the dog band dude (forget his name) is the playable Animal Crossing character. Though the stage does seem to knock out the chance of any Animal Crossing character simply by seemingly all their presences in the background.

KK Slider won't be playable. On Saturday 8 pm, he performs....

I can see Crazy Redd, Gracie, Brewster serving Coffee, Tortimer, Rover, Celeste, Saharah, Sow Joan, Tom Nook, Phyliss, Katie and Dr. Shrunk. No Blathers, Pelly, Pascal, Pete and Resetti. Almost all the major characters.

I hope Gulliver appears with his UFO from time to time.

BTW, I wonder if they're adding weather changes on this stage too...

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
I think the most likely character is Tom Nook. As for him being in the background, seeing as that characters appear depending on the time time of day, Nook could be replaced by Tommy and Timmy upon unlocking him.

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
Flatzone? G&W?

Just sayin. :p

Anyway...it's only like...5:00 AM on the 3rd day of E3...so...I've been hearin' rumours of a new trailer...

It's been said that Brawl will appear in any form including a trailer. Do you live in Hawaii or something?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Uh...no. 0.o

I live in VA, and Cali's like 5 hours behind me.

Spekaing of time zones...Smashville on Wifi? I wonder if the background will be different for opponents if they have a different time set....

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
An Animal Crossing stage!? *fap fap fap* The backdrop is...effing beautiful. The icon intrigues me as well. If there is indeed a character appearing that's not just an AT, Resetti seems somewhat likely, especially since he has that killer axe, but then again, it's not like he ever leaves the ground, so that may kill that possibility. I've always wanted to play as Egbert, though, as random as that sounds. But I really think the AC characters will be left off as assist trophies.

Although...
The Animal Crossing stage is essentially another stage with a flat platform but an interesting background. It feels to me like they wanted to include an Animal Crossing stage but couldn't decide what exactly so they included it all again...
...Never mind. This guy summed it up for me.
I live in VA, and Cali's like 5 hours behind me.
Or 3. :p

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Although, many Melee stages were merely three platforms with minor differences...hopefully we'll have alot of interactive stages to make up for the somewhat majority of these "three-platforms with cool backgrounds" stages.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
It's been said that Brawl will appear in any form including a trailer. Do you live in Hawaii or something?

No, it's said Brawl WON'T be shown in any form including trailers.

I guess we'll have to wait for the TGS in October for major pre-release info.

Until then, we have to check the site.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I'm all for playing as Blathers and his uncanny ability to bore the other players to sleep with his almighty Final Smash - RAMBLING! Or maybe the Able Sisters could work like the Ice Climbers and use their sewing needles to stab other players. Then there's Lyle, who can fight sorta like the e-surance chick and use the mighty power of INSURANCE FRAUD! And maybe you can use Katrina to put curses on other players and use her crystal ball to summon SUPER TORTIMER!!! And Gracie can be an assist trophy who does nothing but stand there with her car, kinda like Goldeen. The difference is that you can beat the tar out of Gracie and insult her clothing through the Wii mic.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
I'm all for playing as Blathers and his uncanny ability to bore the other players to sleep with his almighty Final Smash - RAMBLING! Or maybe the Able Sisters could work like the Ice Climbers and use their sewing needles to stab other players. Then there's Lyle, who can fight sorta like the e-surance chick and use the mighty power of INSURANCE FRAUD! And maybe you can use Katrina to put curses on other players and use her crystal ball to summon SUPER TORTIMER!!! And Gracie can be an assist trophy who does nothing but stand there with her car, kinda like Goldeen. The difference is that you can beat the tar out of Gracie and insult her clothing through the Wii mic.

You gave me some ideas. Like Pascal drugging all players with his pot, saying stuff like in the game: Whaaaaaaaales, man, whaaaaaaaaaaaales. Think about it man...

Gulliver would abduct someone or throw those weird gears at the stage.

Okay, those are really stupid.

darksteelix

Zer0 pwns you
One animal crossing character I didnt see is the most infamous
Good ol Mr. Resseti, He would be a great character
also something i noticed was that they put a symbol up there, which almost confirms an animal crossing fighter, because if it was a stage without a fighter they would just put up a smash sybol like they did with mr. wright's assist trophy.

Last edited:

LinksOcarina

The true master
If anything, Resseti would be a trophy assist in my mind. .

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
No, it's said Brawl WON'T be shown in any form including trailers.

I guess we'll have to wait for the TGS in October for major pre-release info.

Until then, we have to check the site.

My mistake. I meant to say "Won't".

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
My opinion on the TP stage: Wow, what assholes.

Just because Twilight Princess isn't selling as well as you thought it would, doesn't mean you have to stuff the next smash bros. full of spoilers.

Dammit, haven't even played it yet.

Dattebayo

Banned
When will the site start showing the other new stages we saw in the character/items screenshots?

BCVM22

When will the site start showing the other new stages we saw in the character/items screenshots?

They haven't revealed any new stages in screenshots. All screenshots have specifically taken place in stages already revealed.

Also, we don't know because we don't run the site. Everyone stop asking questions like these.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Here are my opinions on some of the updates:

The Musicians: Oi/Oy.....I lost count of how many there are. And that new Battlefield music is great!

Gooey Bomb: I'm gonna have trouble eating Red Jello from now on.

What is a Final Smash: Smash Balls? Man, Oscar the Grouch could think up something better than that odd name!

Yoshi's Story Ending: Um.....that wasn't what I expected. I was hoping it would end up like this: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/Title_Screen_(Boss_Remix).mid

Bowser's Final Smash: (When I do all caps, I'm shouting for joy) YAY!! YOU GET TO PLAY AS GIGA BOWSER!! GNARLY!!

Dr. Wright: I hope the real Dr. Wright doesn't get offended.

Bumper: Cool! The bumper's back! I never did like the flipper anyways.

Donkey Kong: Oh no! DK doesn't have the new black fur look! Now he looks weird!

Smashville: This stage freaks me out. Really badly. I probably won't be able to play on Saturday night, so I'll most likely learn to hate this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.