• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Banned
They better have a Wind Waker stage or else!

I'm actually starting to doubt that Wolf Link will be in the game. (No offense)

Lucario, Lucario, Lucario; I'm hearing it too often now. It's starting to get to me! I must escape its grasp! Help!

Um..... I'm not a fan of Naruto, so I won't comment.

And I'm pretty sure the guy you forgot was Diddy Kong. (It's a long shot, so don't pay attention)

Yes. The Wind Waker stage should be the
Tower of Gods
or something with the boss hitting random fighters.

Yeah, seeing as how Wolf Link would be boring. I mean serously it just bite, bite, field attack, help from Minda, bite...

I just like Lucario. If it isn't in then there'll be a possibility in Blaziken. :D

Yeah.

Diddy Kong would be cool but if there was one more thing up there it'd be Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Ideas for a Wind Waker stage... because it just has to happen:

1. Tetra's Ship
A-hoy, m'hearties! Brawling atop a pirate ship is certainly going to be mighty fun time especially when it's set to the backdrop of the brilliant Wind Waker. So, I reckon it would be nice if the ship sailed around a couple of the more well-known islands from the Wind Waker, primarily Outset Island, Windfall Island, Tower of the Gods, and Forsaken Fortress. Some who know me may find it hypocritical that a level would focus so much on "just backgrounds" when you know I don't like that... but there is more to this level.
It consists of a usual layout of a boat with two raised platforms at the side to represent where you steer the ship and the other side for symmetry, right? The lowered area in the middle is the largest area where most of the brawling takes place. The lookout area is a hard-to-reach small platform area that can be used tactically with some attacks. Occassionally, the King of Red Lions will appear as a temporary platform as well.
So, I said there was more to this level than just a nice layout and pretty backgrounds. Well, Battlefield has a day/night system, Yoshi's Island has a seasons system, Smashville uses the Wii's internal clock for events, Tetra's ship uses weather. Sure it can be nice and sunny and the level plays out normally, but when it rains it rains making the arena slippery and more difficult to see. Oh and the wind can effect players too as they struggle to avoid being blown away. There's also a day night system but it's less advanced than Battlefield's one. Seagulls can swoop onto the arena as attacking players and maybe for comic effect they can lift off the lighter ones (we all want to see Kirby being carried away by seagulls)... though this is just for comic effect and the player can easier shake away whenever.

Your thoughts?

Shinin

Minimalist

1. Tetra's Ship
A-hoy, m'hearties! Brawling atop a pirate ship is certainly going to be mighty fun time especially when it's set to the backdrop of the brilliant Wind Waker. So, I reckon it would be nice if the ship sailed around a couple of the more well-known islands from the Wind Waker, primarily Outset Island, Windfall Island, Tower of the Gods, and Forsaken Fortress. Some who know me may find it hypocritical that a level would focus so much on "just backgrounds" when you know I don't like that... but there is more to this level.
It consists of a usual layout of a boat with two raised platforms at the side to represent where you steer the ship and the other side for symmetry, right? The lowered area in the middle is the largest area where most of the brawling takes place. The lookout area is a hard-to-reach small platform area that can be used tactically with some attacks. Occassionally, the King of Red Lions will appear as a temporary platform as well.
So, I said there was more to this level than just a nice layout and pretty backgrounds. Well, Battlefield has a day/night system, Yoshi's Island has a seasons system, Smashville uses the Wii's internal clock for events, Tetra's ship uses weather. Sure it can be nice and sunny and the level plays out normally, but when it rains it rains making the arena slippery and more difficult to see. Oh and the wind can effect players too as they struggle to avoid being blown away. There's also a day night system but it's less advanced than Battlefield's one. Seagulls can swoop onto the arena as attacking players and maybe for comic effect they can lift off the lighter ones (we all want to see Kirby being carried away by seagulls)... though this is just for comic effect and the player can easier shake away whenever.

Your thoughts?

Sounds good.

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time

1. Tetra's Ship

Your thoughts?

Maybe enemy ships could come every now and then and bomb the ship.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
So no new trailer? I was expecting to get one at E3.. It's a shame. Oh Well.

If they make stages for other games with out having a playable character to represent it, that might be cool. There are loads of possibilities for new stages then. Smashville is actually a good name for the stage, since anyone who has ever played Animal Crossing knows you get to name your town. I'd still like Tom Nook to be playable.

I hope they reveal Jigglypuff next week, unless she is unlockable like she was in all the other games. At least show Peach, Yoshi, Ness and Captain Falcon.

I'd like to see (Either as playable, ATs or Pokeball pokemon)
Deoxys
Lucario
Wolf O'Donnel
Krystal
Blaziken
Diddy Kong
Plusle & Minun
Paula, Jeff or Poo
Midna (With or Without Wolf Link)
King K Rool
King Dedede (spelling?)
Toad
Funky Kong
Absol
Crawdaunt
Tyranitar

Seiryu

Resident dragon
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/52/Bowser_No_Background.png/250px-

This is what he looked like in melee.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9d/Bowser_Brawl.jpg/300px-Bowser_Brawl.jpg

This is what he looks like in brawl.

I can't find any pictures of the darker DK though.
Not quite. This is what he looked like in Melee. Brawl Bowser is a modified version of his Melee model. Your first image is, I'd guess, Nintendo's stock model that appears in the various Mario games (Sunshine, Party, the sports titles, etc.). There are some distinct differences between that and the model Sakurai has used; basically, Sakurai's model is far grittier and more detailed.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
You should understand the value of playing a game spoiler-free. They shouldn't have a stage for a game not everyone's had a chance to play yet.

Ok, i know this was a while back, and someone already commented, but the stupidity of this quote is astronomical. why have you not had a chance to play this game yet? you dont have a wii? well that would be understandable if you didnt have a gamecube, and even if you didnt, gamecubes are in ready supply EVERYWHERE! and on another note, wtf about not making spoilers for games not everyone has had a chance to play?!? OH nOeses! i Dont HaVE A NES!! DOont Put sPoilUrses Fors SUpuh MAriO BroseRRS In Brwal! get real.

god i hate you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.