• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipher Admin Xaos

Dust to Dust
Yeah. The site decided to ***** out updates by removing all the newcomer profiles that were on there and will now rehash them...

Wes

Iblis Wings
I got a good guess. Quoted from the Smash Bros website,

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.

Are at least it's going to be explained eventually. I just hope we get some new info. Even the smallest of new info is better then rehashed information. yeah it's for people who never played Smash Bros but meh.

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Maybe Kyogre? Or more pre-confirmed characters.

BCVM22

Thanks... :) yah i was just hoping that it would come out on gamecube to seeing as i have that system allready lol.

And if you can explain why Nintendo or any company would release a blockbuster franchise title capable of selling millions of systems entirely on its own for a dead piece of hardware, well, then you're clearly smarter than the rest of us.

rob1610

The Leviathan
I actually thought Friday's update as an interesting/cool one. It's nice to know my playing options. My friend's say "Gamecube controller" because we're all used to that already. I'll try all and probably stick with GC or VC controller.

Well, all 4 Veteran's from the first trailer are up as well as 1 of the Newcomer's. Just gotta wait for the other 4 Newcomer's and the other Veteran, with hopefully the information we would like to know (ZS Samus, transformation or seperate? And what's with Fox's Blaster?). I assume Metaknight and Wario next as they are the only one's seen in the screenshots as of yet..I think...

Been thinking, does anyone else think Brawl may have the Memory Card Secrets that Melee had? For example, have Twilight Princess data on the Wii for a special item or even insert a GC Memory Card with Melee data for something classic...

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
That would be interesting. How many people think it would be cool if the Pokemon characters would be able to change there color to there shiny mode?

BCVM22

(ZS Samus, transformation or seperate? And what's with Fox's Blaster?)

Samus, clad in her Power Suit, was quietly revealed as a separate character some time ago, so Samus and Zero Suit Samus will apparently be individual characters.

What, exactly is the confusion on Fox's blaster? It remains holstered when not in use. It gets drawn rapidly when used. It gets reholstered afterwards, just like the last 2 games. The end. What's the confusion?

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Been thinking, does anyone else think Brawl may have the Memory Card Secrets that Melee had? For example, have Twilight Princess data on the Wii for a special item or even insert a GC Memory Card with Melee data for something classic...

I'd love to see Brawl have Melee stages that were unlocked with a GCN Memory Card, or (possibly) SSB 64 stages if you have the game om Virtual Console. ;)

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
pokepal said:
Any predictions for Monday's update?

May 28, Mon. 2007
CHARACTERS - Pit: Special Moves

June 04, Mon. 2007
MUSIC - Yoshi's Story: Ending

These are actually the only Mondays we've had so far. And they're both different pieces of info so, no... no predictions. Except that Monday will probably start the week with a bang if Sakurai plays his cards right.

Shinin

Minimalist
Samus, clad in her Power Suit, was quietly revealed as a separate character some time ago, so Samus and Zero Suit Samus will apparently be individual characters.

I thought that it was said that Samus became Zero Suit Samus in "special circumstances".

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where BCVM22 got his information there. I think the best prediction is that Zero Suit Samus will appear after Samus has her Final Smash attack.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where BCVM22 got his information there. I think the best prediction is that Zero Suit Samus will appear after Samus has her Final Smash attack.

Truthfully, there's been no official confirmation of anything regarding Samus/Zero Suit Samus, but the information they did give us causes a lot of different speculation. I believe what BCVM22 is talking about is the Nintendo Power profile on Samus. I'm not sure what that said, but from what I've heard from others it didn't say for sure whether they are the same character or not.

----------------------------

"This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!"

Above is the text from the old site. What I see in these words is the possibility for four very different (and two likely) outcomes, and a really bad joke.

The possibilities?

A. A simple transformation, as seen in Zelda. I don't think this is what we'll see, but it is a likely option. It actually makes sense that Zelda can transform at will. She has MAGIC. Samus only loses her suit in her ship, or when she DIES.

B. A Final Smash transformation, which is highly unlikely, due to the fact that a Smash Ball is needed to perform this move. The animation in the trailer? In my opinion, it's only there for effect.

C. The characters are listed completely separately, and the "under certain conditions" quote is speaking of Samus' background rather than her appearance in Brawl. All of the other characters had a bit of info on their past, and this was Samus'. Not "a pure character addition"? Of course not! Samus has been in Smash Bros. since the beginning! Young Link wasn't a pure addition either, and neither was Dr. Mario!

D. And some people think she'll transform when she racks up enough damage. Do you honestly think they'll include a character you can only access when you're losing? HAH!

I personally think it's C, but I'm entirely open to ideas, so I'll accept A and B as "respectable."

----------------------------

Since the last time I posted a similar list here, it has grown by one option and changed significantly in wording.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I believe what BCVM22 is talking about is the Nintendo Power profile on Samus. I'm not sure what that said, but from what I've heard from others it didn't say for sure whether they are the same character or not.

You'd be correct.

http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=13234
http://www.infendo.com/wii/super-smash-bros-brawl-11th-character-revealed/

Both of those reports make it sound like the profile in question profiled suited Samus as a separate character. I don't see the sense in them doing that if they weren't going to actually be separate. It's not as if Zero Suit Samus is a hidden character; she's been in the trailers since the beginning. I also don't see why they'd introduce Zero Suit Samus as another character if she wasn't separate. They didn't introduce Sheik himself as a separate character for Melee, did they? The Zelda/Sheik duality was simply a mechanic of the character.

I suppose this is all just conjecture and semantics, though. We'll know for sure sooner rather than later, I think.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
I remember that the SSBB booklet that came with the game had a section for character introductions, and Zelda and Sheik had separate introductions. But really, nobody knows. I personally think they will be a transforming character.

Time for a revised character list.

Super Mario Bros.
01. Mario (Relatively unchanged, may hand an old move over to Luigi)
02. Luigi (Electrically-themed attacks, uses Poltergust 3000 for some moves)
03. Peach (Largely unchanged, may have SPP parasol and emotion mechanic)
04. Bowser (Essentially the same, slightly faster to be more useable)
05. Bowser Jr. (Ambassador for the Party games, transforms)
06. Shadow Mario (Uses E. Gadd´s paintbrush, not a clone; transforms)

Yoshi´s Island
07. Yoshi (Same, but baby riding on back changes one B-move)

WarioWare
08. Wario (Erratic, quirky and gross to represent the flavor of his franchise)

The Legend of Zelda
09. Link (TP look, unchanged except for OoT items replaced with TP ones)
10. Wind Waker Link (Not necessarily toon-shaded; uses own WW/PH items)
11. Zelda (TP look and sword, combines light magic with close rapier combat)
12. Ganondorf (TP look, sword and techniques; completely de-cloned)

Kid Icarus
13. Pit (A floaty seraph with a penchant for archery, as seen in trailers)

Pokémon
14. Pikachu (Largely unchanged, maybe even slightly faster)
15. Jigglypuff (Classic easy unlockable; again, same moves as always)
16. Mewtwo (Some old and some new moves, tuned up for usefulness)
17. Rocket´s Meowth (Overdue; stands on hind legs, but doesn´t talk)
18. Lucario (Perfect Generation IV representative; huge move possibilities)

Pikmin
19. Captain Olimar (A unique character with a command-based moveset)

Earthbound/MOTHER
20. Lucas (Is Ness but more relevant, plus a perfect Final Smash: PK LOVE)

Metroid
21. Samus (Unchanged except for the transformation factor)
22. Zero-Suit Samus (Faster but lighter than her armored counterpart)
23. Ridley (Concievably the heaviest floaty character; projectile-savvy)

Kirby
24. Kirby (As seen in trailers; apparently it didn´t ditch the mallet...)
25. Metaknight (A quick and dashing swordfighter prominent in close quarters)
26. King Dedede (Sakurai has hinted at it; he´d be another heavy floater)

StarFox
27. Fox (Command look, some new and some old moves; somewhat nerfed)
28. Falco (Assault look, some new moves and some Fox hand-me-downs)
29. Krystal (Would depend much more on staff magic than artillery, if at all)

F-Zero
30. Captain Falcon (Same as always, sole representative of a dying series)

Fire Emblem
31. Marth (The original Lord, and only Lord of two FE games; kinda nerfed)
32. Ike (Hugely popular and advertisement for Goddess of Dawn; not a clone)
33. Sigurd (Sakurai has a thing for him; he´d be the heaviest FE fighter)

Donkey Kong
34. Donkey Kong (Just a bit faster; his Final Smash must entail bongos)
35. Diddy Kong (Perfect candidate; jetpack, peanut gun, guitar, acrobatics...)

Balloon Fighter
36. Alice (Only BF character with an actual name; possible handicap player)

Punch-Out!!
37. Li´l Mac (Much-wanted and highly popular; close-combat brawler)

Ice Climbers
38. Ice Climbers (The retro dual team; the CPU could be more independent?)

Metal Gear (THIRD PARTY - KONAMI)
39. Snake (As seen in trailers; heavily reliant on explosives and CQC)

Sonic (THIRD PARTY - SEGA)
40. Sonic the Hedgehog (The Mario-fights-Sonic dream had to fulfilled someday)

Joy Mech Fight
41. Skapon (The WTF!Character, successor to Mr. Game & Watch)

Comments and criticism are more than welcome.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
ok... thanks for the uncalled for character list. But anyway, back on the topic at hand, i think Zero-suit Samus will need to be unlocked in a manner similar to Luigi in SSBM. It makes sense, because it does go for the "Under special curcumstances" category.

And another thing, why are people reading into what Sakurai is saying so much? He's a guy who most likely only gets to practice his english, say every 3-4 years when a new smash bros game is coming out? he's highly less likely to make a play on words than, say Miyamoto who must speak it constantly to the gaming public... well then i guess thats just my little rant there.

sorry if that was a little dickish

since i've always wanted to make fun of him...
Woot21 out puppies!

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
well then, todays entry in the site is FOX!!!

Fox is just one of many so-called speed characters. His costume has been completely updated, so he’s full of fighting spirit.

Run! Fly! Move boldly! For such moves are the essence of Fox!

seems like fox is going to be the same character we know and love

Last edited:

rob1610

The Leviathan

What, exactly is the confusion on Fox's blaster? It remains holstered when not in use. It gets drawn rapidly when used. It gets reholstered afterwards, just like the last 2 games. The end. What's the confusion?

Are you Sakurai? Do you work for him? No. It is still unknown whether ZS Samus is a transformation of Samus or not. In the second trailer, we see Fox walking around with his Blaster in is hands. Several screenshots of Fox show Fox with his Blaster in his pocket. Does anyone know why? Only Sakurai and his team does.

Status
Not open for further replies.