• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Are you Sakurai? Do you work for him? No. It is still unknown whether ZS Samus is a transformation of Samus or not. In the second trailer, we see Fox walking around with his Blaster in is hands. Several screenshots of Fox show Fox with his Blaster in his pocket. Does anyone know why? Only Sakurai and his team does.

And yet the second trailer is 7 months old at this point. Not only has Fox's model changed some since that trailer, but all of the recent screenshots, presumably from a near-final build of the game, show Fox's blaster in normal use patterns.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
umm... Rob common sense would dictate that fox will most likely not be PUNCHING AND KICKING AND BURSTING INTO FLAMES with his blaster in his hands. Please, next time think with your brain ON. kthxbye
edit: i see bcvm22 beat me too telling you something, dang
woot21 out puppies

I got some ideas for Pokemon that come out of Pokeballs-

Weak Damage
Pichu - Thundershock - shock nearest foe - 10%
Corsola - Spike cannon - Releases spikes which hit random foe, including yourself! - 5% for each spike hit
Ratatta - Quick Attack - weaker version of fox illusion - 10%

Medium Damage
Staravia - Wing Attack - Flies around the area at random foes - 20% each hit
Vespiquen / Combee - Attack Command - Sends many Combees to swarm around the screen, attacking opponents - 15% each hit

Heavy Damage
Sceptile - Leaf Blade - Jumps around the arena slashing foes with it's arms - 50% Damage
Uxie - Psychic - Flips Opponents over and does lots of damage if touched - 25% if flipped over, 75% if touched
Mesprit - couldn't think of one xD
Azelf - Uproar - does heavy damage but weakens if released from pokeball again - 50% damage, looses 10% damage every time it's released again
Swampert - Muddy Water - makes a huge wave crash onto the battlefield - 50% damage

Random / Unpredictable Damage
Hoothoot - Hypnosis - makes foes nearby fall asleep for *insert seconds here* - no damage unless you attack sleeping foes
Kicketot - Bide - absorbs everyones attacks and fires them back at random foes - depends on what attack you are hit with
Ditto - Transform - transforms into a random pokeball pokemon - random damage

Control / Health Effecting
Manaphy - Heart Swap - Flips controls around (A becomes B, L and R become X and Y, Up becomes Down, Left becomes right, etc.) - no damage
Misdrevous - Pain Split - Splits all health evenly - no damage
Blissey - Softboiled - Restores a random person's Hp all the way to 0% - uh.. negitive damage?

Score Effecting (unlocked after centain events)
Jirachi - no attack - gives the person who sent it out of the pokeball 50000 points ad a Jirachi Trophy
Shaymin - no attack - give the person who sent it out of the pokeball 50000 points and a Shaymin Trophy

Plus all the previous Pokeball Pokemon such as Clefairy, Marril and Chansey

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I got some ideas for Pokemon that come out of Pokeballs-

Weak Damage
Pichu - Thundershock - shock nearest foe - 10%
Corsola - Spike cannon - Releases spikes which hit random foe, including yourself! - 5% for each spike hit
Ratatta - Quick Attack - weaker version of fox illusion - 10%

Medium Damage
Staravia - Wing Attack - Flies around the area at random foes - 20% each hit
Vespiquen / Combee - Attack Command - Sends many Combees to swarm around the screen, attacking opponents - 15% each hit

Heavy Damage
Sceptile - Leaf Blade - Jumps around the arena slashing foes with it's arms - 50% Damage
Uxie - Psychic - Flips Opponents over and does lots of damage if touched - 25% if flipped over, 75% if touched
Mesprit - couldn't think of one xD
Azelf - Uproar - does heavy damage but weakens if released from pokeball again - 50% damage, looses 10% damage every time it's released again
Swampert - Muddy Water - makes a huge wave crash onto the battlefield - 50% damage

Random / Unpredictable Damage
Hoothoot - Hypnosis - makes foes nearby fall asleep for *insert seconds here* - no damage unless you attack sleeping foes
Kicketot - Bide - absorbs everyones attacks and fires them back at random foes - depends on what attack you are hit with
Ditto - Transform - transforms into a random pokeball pokemon - random damage

Control / Health Effecting
Manaphy - Heart Swap - Flips controls around (A becomes B, L and R become X and Y, Up becomes Down, Left becomes right, etc.) - no damage
Misdrevous - Pain Split - Splits all health evenly - no damage
Blissey - Softboiled - Restores a random person's Hp all the way to 0% - uh.. negitive damage?

Score Effecting (unlocked after centain events)
Jirachi - no attack - gives the person who sent it out of the pokeball 50000 points ad a Jirachi Trophy
Shaymin - no attack - give the person who sent it out of the pokeball 50000 points and a Shaymin Trophy

Plus all the previous Pokeball Pokemon such as Clefairy, Marril and Chansey

I like your ideas. I wonder if Lugia and Ho-oh will come back too. their attacks are really cool like in SSBM.

jellsprout

umm... Rob common sense would dictate that fox will most likely not be PUNCHING AND KICKING AND BURSTING INTO FLAMES with his blaster in his hands. Please, next time think with your brain ON. kthxbye
woot21 out puppies

This game is about a fire-throwing Italian plumber, an electric mouse and a pink balloon beating the crap out of eachother, aided by light sabres, giant hammers and gooy bombs. This entire game doesn't make any sence.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
jellsprout you win the internet. Is it just me or is the music in this game fantastic? i mean the menu is brilliant and the Yoshi's Story one is just beautiful

mrhiyuck

curious
^ lol.

IMO Manaphy > Shaymin on that list, but whatever. Note that Shaymin doesn't exist to people who don't find out online.

On that list Sceptile replaces Scysor, Swampert should have a new attack, and I think Blaziken should be in there too. Not sure that 4th gen Pokes would even be in there though, not to be discouraging.

rob1610

The Leviathan
And yet the second trailer is 7 months old at this point. Not only has Fox's model changed some since that trailer, but all of the recent screenshots, presumably from a near-final build of the game, show Fox's blaster in normal use patterns.

That only supports the "They changed their minds about changing Fox" theory. Seriously, your not Sakurai and you do not work for him so you do not know if it is final that Fox does not change from Melee.

woot21 out puppies

You can shut up, too. I'm trying to point out that none of us truly knows unless Sakurai tells us. True, common sense tells me Sakurai and his team did that for that trailer or just changed their mind about it, but we do not know unless it has been revealed already. Which it hasn't. Jellsprout owned you and now I will too. My brain is always on unlike some people who think punching, kicking and doing unrealistic things without a weapon in hands is "most likely not to happen". Everything in this game is decided by Sakurai and his team and not you. They decide how crazy this game will be. If they want to give Fox his Blaster while attacking, they will. If not, then they won't.

Last edited:

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
^ I heart your tendency to overreact.

But Fox pistolwhipping characters would be great fun.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
woot21 out puppies
Then how come Zero Suit Samus fights regularly while still holding her gun?
If you look at the second video, you see her clearly holding her gun while attacking with a kicking moves.

It is most likely there for realism.

Black/Light

Wow, more argueing. . .

Well, moving on. . .

Is it just me or does EVERY Fox screen shot on the site make hom look unbearrably alsome!!

BAM

Not the finger!!!
Hey guys, I havent been around this forum lately. Can someone fill me in if there has been any character changes/ characters that arent getting in? Thanks.

BCVM22

waaaaaaaaaah *stomp pout stomp*

Please. Cry somewhere else. The simplest solution is the best, and every time someone comes up with such a logical conclusion, you pout and start shouting about... actually, I dunno why you pout and shout. Are you upset you didn't come to these conclusions first, or what? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's either a witch ("Burn her! She's a witch!") or a duck.

THE TUESDAY SPECIAL:

Say hey to Yoshi's Island. We've seen it in trailers, so there's nothing too surprising, but I do like that it has a seasonal cycle like Battlefield's day-night cycle.

Last edited:
Today's update...
A new stage!...sort of...Presenting,
Yoshi's Island!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html I really like how they have a sta...arly, but the forum lags so much...[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
We've seen a lot of this stage already but it's nice to see it go official. The look of the stage looks absolutely fantastic and we already know from trailer no. 2 that it looks great in movement too.

This sort of stage gets me excited because it means more different looking characters have the potential to be added (eg, Cel-Shaded Link, Paper Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, etc).

rob1610

The Leviathan
Please. Cry somewhere else. The simplest solution is the best, and every time someone comes up with such a logical conclusion, you pout and start shouting about... actually, I dunno why you pout and shout. Are you upset you didn't come to these conclusions first, or what? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's either a witch ("Burn her! She's a witch!") or a duck.

Wtf are you on about? So I've complained and made mistakes. I apologise for my rash actions and I own up to my errors once proven wrong, in which you simply can't do in this case. All I said is "We do not know officially because Sakurai hasn't said so". Who cares if we have a "simple solution" or not because what Sakurai says for this game goes, which I am pointing out. Whether Fox still retains his Specials from Melee or not is still under lock and key with Sakurai, no matter what the screenshots show.

I will admit the simple solution may be the answer and go for it myself but all I pointed out is that Sakurai has the say in the matter and we do not, so you can stop acting like an 8 year old kid masking a fear of defeat.

jellsprout

It could just be me, but wouldn't it make more sence to first reveal Yoshi and next his stage and music?

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I got a question you know how in SSBM sometimes when you get flown above the screen and either you fly in the backround or hit the screen. Will that be in this too becuase in the trailer when someone get hit upwards it was when you die from the sides? Do you get what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.