• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Week 1
May 22, Tues. 2007:
MUSIC - The Musicians
STAGES - Battlefield
HOW TO PLAY - The Basic Rules
May 23, Wed. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Link
CHARACTERS - Mario
May 24, Thu. 2007:
ITEMS - Gooey Bomb
May 25, Fri. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Pit

Week 2
May 28, Mon. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Pit: Special Moves
May 29, Tue. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Mario: Final Smash
HOW TO PLAY - What is a Final Smash?
May 30, Wed. 2007:
HOW TO PLAY - Moving and Shooting
May 31, Thu. 2007:
ITEMS - Cracker Launcher
June 01, Fri. 2007:
STAGES - Delfino Plaza

Week 3
June 04, Mon. 2007:
MUSIC - Yoshi's Story: Ending
June 05, Tue. 2007:
ITEMS - Groudon
ITEMS - What Are Poké Balls?
June 06, Wed. 2007:
HOW TO PLAY - You Must Recover!
June 07, Thu. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Pikachu
CHARACTERS - Kirby
June 08, Fri. 2007:
GAME MODES - Four Kinds of Control

Week 4
June 11, Mon. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Fox
June 12, Tue. 2007:
STAGES - Yoshi's Island
June 13, Wed. 2007:
MUSIC - Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)
June 14, Thu. 2007:
ITEMS - Crates and Barrels
June 15, Fri. 2007:
CHARACTERS - Samus

Week 5
June 18, Mon. 2007
CHARACTERS - Link: Final Smash
June 19, Tue. 2007
CHARACTERS - Pikachu: Final Smash

A week of final smashes coming up? Maybe/maybe not. It's looking a little likely though. I get the sense that this week will be a good week though. Sakurai seems to have given up on How to Play's anyway as well.

We've been talking about Paper Mario... but what about Geno? A helluva lot of people want him and I know that because I board hop a bit.

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
So does anyone think Pikachu is going to damage itself with its final smash, b/c VT is a self-damaging move.

I personally think Pikachu will take 30% damage if it hits a foe or something.
I don't know. some bit of me say it should cause self-damage to add the risk.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I don't think Volt tackle will Damage Pikachu. Volt Tackle is a risky move in the GBA/Ds games, so they translated it to Smash Bros as a hard to control and very risky move ( as you can easy send yourself falling to your doom.
Thats just my prediction.

I'd really like to see Fox's Final Smash. I can't think of what it would be short of calling an arwing to murder thousands.

I also want to see Samus's to confirm my theory of her transforming into Zero Suit after she does it.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Volt Tackle is great; fairly different from the Final Smashes seen so far. Perhaps tomorrow Kirby´s will be officially revealed? Seems likely. Oh, and it won´t take damage from it; they would´ve mentioned it in the entry otherwise.

On another note, I really hope they add some obscure characters to SSBB. Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Captain Olimar and stuff like that is all great and fine and necessary, but I´d love to be surprised by newcomers like Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight), Lip (Panel de Pon), Masked Boy (MOTHER 3) and others like that.

Emblematic

Lurking...
Volt Tackle is great; fairly different from the Final Smashes seen so far. Perhaps tomorrow Kirby´s will be officially revealed? Seems likely. Oh, and it won´t take damage from it; they would´ve mentioned it in the entry otherwise.

On another note, I really hope they add some obscure characters to SSBB. Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Captain Olimar and stuff like that is all great and fine and necessary, but I´d love to be surprised by newcomers like Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight), Lip (Panel de Pon), Masked Boy (MOTHER 3) and others like that.

Well Pit was surprising, he hadn't had a game in how long?
Same thing with game and watch...he tried to make E-Reader popular with his old mini games right?(correct me if I'm wrong)

What would Snakes final smash be?

Last edited:

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
i cant wait to see kirbys final smash... because everyones so far r kind of predictable with an extra cool twist
mario - fire ball predicted but with cool huge blast of fire
link - quick sword thing predicted but more cool with traingle blast ish thing
pikachu - volt tackle everyone predicted but more cool because you can control a ball of light
kirby - HAVE NO CLUE what its gonna be like i have actually no idea what it could be...

anyone have an idea for kirbys?

darksteelix

Zer0 pwns you
What would Snakes final smash be?
I assume Something along the lines of Heavy artillery. *crosses fingers for Nuke*

I personnally think (though i hate the idea) that samus's final smash is a huge blast from the arm cannon and after she shoots it she changes into ZS samus. If you look at the first video she shoots a huge shot and then her armour falls off. Plausible.

rob1610

The Leviathan
There's also Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, NiGHTS 2, and Mario + Sonic.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Samus isn't as popular as Mario. Like Zelda: Twilight Princess, MP3 isn't a rising point, but close enough. To Nintendo fans alone who already have a Wii, TP and MP3 will be one to get, but Mario and Brawl will tell the rest who don't have a Wii to get one before another shortage.

Nights 2 - That will convert the remaining Sega fanboys, I think...so add this one up there. Popular classics reborn usually tend to be a rising point.

Mario & Sonic - Where the hell did you get the idea this will be a rising point? It isn't a Mario Sports game or a Sonic spin off or a mix to have both in it, it is a standard olympic game with Mario, Sonic and their friends in it. I've heard comments from people saying that this will suck! And I agree! I will try it, but I doubt very much I'll rush out to buy it! Sorry if I was rude, but I've heard this game will totally suck and I agree.

A week of final smashes coming up? Maybe/maybe not. It's looking a little likely though. I get the sense that this week will be a good week though. Sakurai seems to have given up on How to Play's anyway as well.

Well, now that you've gone and said it, I now predict today's to be a How To Play update. It's Murphy's Law (I think I have the right one). Just when you think you've seen enough, more pops up and when you least suspect it.

I predict Kirby's Final Smash to be today's or tomorrow's update (who doesn't?) and the other to be a How To Play thanks to Smile Guy.

I'd really like to see Fox's Final Smash. I can't think of what it would be short of calling an arwing to murder thousands.

I also want to see Samus's to confirm my theory of her transforming into Zero Suit after she does it.

Fox climbs onto the wing of an Arwing and shoots the crap out of his opponents with a Rocket Launcher (from a level in Star Fox Assault on GC). Just guessing...

I'd say that blast and suit removal was for the trailer, but you never know, I could be wrong...

BCVM22

W is for Wednesday and for Wario.

He's grabbing his behind in one screenshot, possibly indicating further that his atomic flatulence is a performable attack.

I wonder if Wario's "low frame" movements are because he wasn't finished yet in the second trailer, or are they put there unporpuse, like Mr.Game and Watch.

Oh, and the 3rd, and 4th screenshots of Wario are funny. 8D

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
W is for Wednesday and for Wario.

He's grabbing his behind in one screenshot, possibly indicating further that his atomic flatulence is a performable attack.

im thinkin the nuke fart may be his final smash, because that would be kinda unbalanced to be able to drop a nuke whenever you felt like it

Edit: you know, another thing that has been on almost everyone's minds is samus.im in the middle because i never use samus, but in the nintendo world trailer, at the end, they only show zero-suit samus and not regular samus. just a thought.

Last edited:

Win_By_Rout

Proud Scrub
I think Samus's armour falling off is just to show that it can come off, not as a product of the final smash.
Snakes final smash is probably a rapid succsession of attacks like Link, Fox's may be more creative though. And I dare say that the "Atomic fart" in the trailer is Wario's final smash at that size, the mushroom cloud would be far to comical for a regular attack.
As for new characters, Sonic is very likely although I can't see why people want Wind Waker Link. Him and the Link they have confirmed aren't even the same person, atleast young Link and the original Link were.
It also seems possible for Final Fantasy characters to come in, what with Nintendo remaking all the old ones for GBA/DS and FFXII Revenant wings on DS, I think Vaan or another lead protagonist might make it.

mario_070529a.jpg
pikachu_070619a.jpg

Does everyone set alight during final smash, I wonder, lol.

rob1610

The Leviathan
im thinkin the nuke fart may be his final smash, because that would be kinda unbalanced to be able to drop a nuke whenever you felt like it

Edit: you know, another thing that has been on almost everyone's minds is samus.im in the middle because i never use samus, but in the nintendo world trailer, at the end, they only show zero-suit samus and not regular samus. just a thought.

It's not and you can't. The Wario Waft (dubbed on the old site) is not his Final Smash because Wario's flatulence builds over time (also stated on the od site). It's more like a Special move with a timer.

Samus (in her Power Suit) is not in either trailer. She was officially revealed after both trailers.

Heh heh! Those pictures of Wario are cool! You can see him "walking" in the first one (top left). Looks like the walk he had in the trailer remains. The second pic (top right) is hilarious! Look, he's falling head first! Maybe a Special move similar to Yoshi's Ground Pound. The third (bottom left) is funny, too, but we've al seen that before and in video form. The last one (bottom right) is also hilarious! He's going to eat Kirby, from the looks of it! This one may also be a Special move...

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
The second picture of Wario falling upside down may also be his down-A move in midair, while him 'eating' kirby may be his across-A while running, but there may be the chance one of those are special...

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
i think wario's most likely b-up move will be a fart that propells him upward because thats kind of obvious but for the moves shown, the head smash thing might be his b-down. i also agree with bobandbill on account of his biting move. i dont think the top-left is running though, and his flatulence is probably his b move (the less you use it the stronger it gets?).

Bulk

The arse grabbing in the bottom left screenshot is what I'm thinking his taunt will be. Would sort of wake sense.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Well, now that you've gone and said it, I now predict today's to be a How To Play update. It's Murphy's Law (I think I have the right one). Just when you think you've seen enough, more pops up and when you least suspect it.

I predict Kirby's Final Smash to be today's or tomorrow's update (who doesn't?) and the other to be a How To Play thanks to Smile Guy.

But Murphy's Law actually tricked both of us so we were both wrong!

Wario is an interesting character and looks pretty awesome in the screenshots. I have the feeling I'll be using Pit and Wario quite a lot!

And high/rising points for Wii? PAH! There will be loads... we're only in Year 1 folks and there's a whole 4 more years to enjoy. 2007 is still shaping up to be pretty good too!

The second picture of Wario falling upside down may also be his down-A move in midair, while him 'eating' kirby may be his across-A while running, but there may be the chance one of those are special...

Yes, there's a chance that they could be "A" attacks, but I doubt that they could be "B" (special) attacks.

Nertual B: ???
Forward B: Possibly his signature elbow slam attack.
Up B: ???
Down B: Possibly a ground pound attack.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.