• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have, they're all marked with checks and as far as I know, I've unlocked them all from my White1 adventuring. Is there anything you've done that maybe I haven't? I haven't received my birthday prop from the musical theatre, I probably haven't spoken to every NPC who mentions my W1 character by name, and I have not captured any of N's Pokémon except for the gift Zorua.

As for the photoboard one, yeah, it does sometimes work with either Frillish head, but it's pretty random, and I usually have better luck with the female Frillish head.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Yes I have, they're all marked with checks and as far as I know, I've unlocked them all from my White1 adventuring. Is there anything you've done that maybe I haven't? I haven't received my birthday prop from the musical theatre, I probably haven't spoken to every NPC who mentions my W1 character by name, and I have not captured any of N's Pokémon except for the gift Zorua.
I don't have Memory Master either. Having looked it up on the net, I seem to be missing a flashback you get in the Musical Theatre, probably because I didn't participate in any musicals on my Black file.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok, since I have have 150 medals now, I think I have a few things I can confirm. If more evidence is needed, I can provide it.

Noneffective Artist
Easy?
Use moves that aren't very effective against the opponent. May need planning?

You can also fight in a double battle, and use a move like Earthquake with a Flying type partner to get the medal. It does not have to be the opponent. I'd say it's easy, since you can use early double grass for this.

1,000 Wins
Near Impossible?
Beat 1,000 Trainers in Black Tower or White Treehollow.

I tried this on Area 10 of Black Tower to get the Undefeated: Hard medal, and there is nowhere near 1,000 trainers in the tower, so I'm sure this one functions like the Battle Repeater medal, being a running total, and not all at once.

360 Boxed
Medium
Deposit 360 Pokémon into PC boxes 360 Pokémon will fill 8 Boxes.

360 boxed requires 12 full boxes, not 8.

National Catcher
Very Hard
Complete the National Pokédex.

This is only possible via trading, and certain types can only be traded from the other games. Visiting Serebii.net Trade Forums and using GTS are the best way to make trades.
(I assume that following event Pokémon are not required: Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Deoyxs, Manaphy, Phoine, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Vicitini Keldeo Meloetta and Genesect.)

I've finished the National dex, minus Meloetta of course, and I have the medal, so your assumption would be correct.

Last edited:

silicon

Swordsman
Hm... well I have run into a couple of N's pokemon but I doubt I've encountered everyone who mentions the old hero. I doubt either of those would trigger it, but maybe I'm wrong. Did you recieve any props from the guy in the musical? I recieved a full case, but I would assume recieving just some would work. It shows you the same flashback of the guy... the flashback is called "Farewell, Beloved Sister," I see it's not listed on the site's page on the flashbacks. I did link with two different games and see memories from both (I only had a full case on my White game, so I linked to that specifically to get that case). I don't know, it's confounding me at the moment.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
And Pokerus Discover and Lucky Color do work when traded into the game. I got it when I traded over my boxed Pokerus and Shiny pokemon from White.
I can confirm this too.

I've done some testing regarding the passerby medals. The people you pass do not have to be unique, you can pass-by the same game. However you can not pass by the same game more than once during one session (session = time when you turn the ds on to when you save), even if that game you're trying to pass by is turned off a long period of time. You can pick them up again by saving then resetting even if the game you're passing by is left on (though that game won't be able to pass by yours again until it's resetted). Passing by does work in sleep mode, though if your DS's battery is on red c-gear turns itself off in sleep mode. For any pass-by to count, you need to actually click on the little lights on the c-gear. I've not tested it, but as they're only 10 lights I'm guessing you can only get 10 pass-bys per "session".
And just a side note that isn't relevant to medal collecting: if you use a BW1 game to pass by a BW2 game that's in a BW2 exclusive area, the passby for BW1 won't count but the one in BW2 will. This is because it comes up with a map of where in unova the person you're passing by is. Though I just tried using BW1 to pass-by BW2 in PWT, and it claimed that BW2 was in cold storage and the passby counted. But if you're in the places like Asperta (with no BW1 equivalent), the pass by doesn't come up in BW1 (though it will for BW2).

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer

You probably missed Black and White. It triggers when you re-enter the Plasma Warehouse after the first time in Driftveil. I triggered it when I left to make room to accept Zorua in to my party. What should happen is you see Zoroark for a split second then the flashback starts where there are two Ex-Plasma talking and N is hiding behind in the room Anthea and Concordia reside in in BW2's time. It's either that you missed or the memory that triggers N's pokemon to be found. This is done by talking to the breeder in Aspertia's pokecenter. Note that this can be achieved merely by watching all the MEMORY portions (hence the name of the medal)

Last edited:
I got both of those cutscenes viewed, but I viewed the breeder one in Castelia, not Aspertia, because he appears in the closest PokéCenter to you, and I didn't activate Memory Link until after I got to Castelia. I can definitely encounter N's Pokémon, I've run into many repeated respawns in Chargestone while looking for a Tynamo, I just don't want to catch them.

I definitely have not seen the Beloved Sister one. I never ran any musicals in White1, nor have I received the birthday prop from the Musical Director, because I didn't know it existed! My birthday came and went last April and I never knew to check. I didn't find out about the special birthday cake prop until months later, until I was browsing Serebii's site looking around at various BW1 articles, and I stumbled across the birthday section of daily/weekly events.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I got both of those cutscenes viewed, but I viewed the breeder one in Castelia, not Aspertia, because he appears in the closest PokéCenter to you.

Okay then... How about the one with Skyla and Elesa? If not them then the one with Burgh and Lenora? For Brycen's all you need to do is reach him in the Iccirus gym. For the trio's encounter with the Tria you might have to re-enter the building. For Drayden's you have to talk to him in his house in Opelucid after Neo-Plasma's dealt with. If you've done all of these then you should already have it. I do.

-Edit- Heck, to reaffirm, it's number 118 in my medal box and the date I got it was 10/15.2012.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Okay then... How about the one with Skyla and Elesa? If not them then the one with Burgh and Lenora? For Brycen's all you need to do is reach him in the Iccirus gym. For the trio's encounter with the Tria you might have to re-enter the building. For Drayden's you have to talk to him in his house in Opelucid after Neo-Plasma's dealt with. If you've done all of these then you should already have it. I do.

-Edit- Heck, to reaffirm, it's number 118 in my medal box and the date I got it was 10/15.2012.
No, the one in the musical theatre is definitely the one missing. Paladin of Arceus has even said so.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
No, the one in the musical theatre is definitely the one missing. Paladin of Arceus has even said so.

I got it. When you enter the musical you should be stopped by the owner. He talks about it and I think I am starting to remember a small memory of him picking the prop box up, so if that didn't happen then that means that there could either be a bug or there's a certain number of props needed to get it. I had almost all the props (was only missing Tiara because I didn't have another White nor did I have Black) so yeah...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Egg Beginner
Very Easy
Hatch a Pokémon Egg for the first time.

Egg Breeder
Easy
Hatch 10 Eggs or more.

Egg Elite
Medium
Hatch 50 Eggs or more.

Hatching Aficiando
Medium but “Time Consuming.”
Hatch 100 Eggs or more.

This is just more time consuming than actually hard. Many good Pokémon for Battle Subway or PWT usually have Egg moves, and often breed. Except for trading, you can not obtain eggs until you reach Route 3 Daycare. Having the Oval Charm may increase the rate Eggs that are produced.

those who are MM-ing will find this to be very easy, as even with the Shiny Charm it still can take more than 100 eggs for a shiny.

Archeology Lover
Medium
Have a Pokémon Fossil restored at the Nacrene Museum. The hard part is finding a Fossil, which a Man in Twist Mountain will give you one per day, after you beat the Champion.

Lenora gives us a fossil the first time you visit the Museum, and assuming we have an Antique Shop in our Join Avenue, we can get a fossil before we even reach the Victory Road. But yeah, the Museum, which is post-game, is still the only way to revive the fossils.

Pure Youth
Medium-Hard
Catch N's Pokémon. http://serebii.net/black2white2/nspokemon.shtml REQUIRES MEMORY LINK WITH COMPLETED GAME?

Nope, obtaining N's Zorua (which does not require Memory Link and happens during the first visit to Driftveil) already lets you get the Medal. So it should be "very easy".

Pokérus Discoverer
Pure Chance
Catch a Pokémon infected with the Pokérus.
UNTESTED: Trading a Pokémon with Pokérus could give you this?

Yes, it can. I got Pokerus in my Black 2 game via trading an infected Pokemon from my Black game, and I received the Medal.

Castelia Boss
Easy?
Defeat the three Trainers on Back Street in Castelia City

Very easy, in fact. The only problem is that the area can only be accessed in Spring and Summer.

Wailord Watcher
Unknown
See a Wailord at the Marine Tube. (I may need Skitty for this one.)

LOL

By the way, you might want to put the time as well, it's 3PM-4PM.

Face Board Memorial
Unknown
Take a photo at the face board in Humilau City. (Not tested... Easy?)

Very easy, but iirc it can only be done post-game.

Ruins Raider
Medium
Reach the deepest part of the Abyssal Ruins.

More like "hard", might even be "very hard", since it's literally impossible without a guide.

Subway Top Gear
Medium
Reach a streak of 50 wins or more in the Battle Subway.

Runaway Express
Hard
Reach a streak of 100 wins or more in the Battle Subway.

should be "hard" and "very hard" respectively lol

OK Souvenir Getter
Easy
Receive 10 or more souvenirs from visitors in Join Avenue.

Good Souvenir Getter
Medium
Receive 30 or more souvenirs from visitors in Join Avenue.

Great Souvenir Getter
Hard
Receive 50 or more souvenirs from visitors in Join Avenue.

Tycoon of Souvenirs
Very hard
Receive 100 or more souvenirs from visitors in Join Avenue.

Receiving souvenirs seems to be luck-based, maybe you need to mention that.

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Yeah, a couple of those have already been discussed.

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
I don't think I saw this mentioned but using a single dual-type Pokémon against the Elite Four gets you BOTH type medals. Haven't tested with multiple of the same kind of dual-types though.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Yeah... the wailord watching one is wayyyyy to easy! I got it the first time I went through.

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
Subway Accelerator
Easy
Reach a streak of 10 wins or more in the Battle Subway.

In-game description says "A Medal for accelerating challengers who tried the Battle Subway 10 times." I just reached a streak of 105 (Truant Durant FTW) and I can't get either the 50 or 100 medal yet...

Hozu

Eldes' Top Rival
There isn't any reason for it not to give the medal. The only pure chance medal seems to be the one for Pokérus.

Status
Not open for further replies.