• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BESSI

If there's no train, then the train is the Hyper Speed one, which is.....literally just an imagination of the Worker who explained about the trains.

i have heard the information about the hyper speed train.i miss only the information about the train of the future. i would like to hear the opinion of someone who has got that medal.Thanks!!!

Blazios

Something that should be noted about the Around Unova medal is that it counts Unity Tower as well, meaning you need to have at least traded to get it.

Bathrezz

I concur. I just did the same. I'm super awesome too! I also found it to be pot luck especially on Haxorus >.>

Okay, these E4 Challenge medals do work with dual types. I just got Dragon type and flying type when I soloed with my level 100 Dragonite. Also It IS possible to save and restart a battle if you fail to still get the "One and Only" medal. Though I got it just on luck and I had to retry a couple times. Finally settled on giving my Dragonite a Dragon Fang and I was able to OHKO most of Iris' pokemon other than Haxorus and Aggron. If it wasn't for Haxorus missing on one of it's attacks and a critical hit with outrage on Aggron, I probably wouldn't have these.

Fexus

explrsqe
Don't know if this has already been confirmed but I can confirm that if you use dual types for the challenge medals, you could potentially get both types of medals by the end. In fact, I used my Chandelure to get the "One and Only" medal, along with the ghost-only and fire-only medals all at once! Triple whammy.

SapphSabre777

Yeah. I used Hydreigon and got the Dark/Dragon only medals, as well as "One and Only." (if only Nintendo continues to make these kind of challenges...).

Bathrezz

Does anyone know how to get the 10 fan medal from the musical? I've achieved the highest audience rating a few times and I never see more than 5-7fans

I just found out that partaking in a wifi musical and winning does not count to the overall 30 musical win medal :(
I also found out that the guy with a krokodile near the left most reception does not give good tips. I followed his 'tips' and found i was more likely to lose.

Just got the 30 musical win medal. I won about 20 in a row with the following setup

Pokemon: Gallade
Show: Exciting Nimbsasa

Props
Arm: Whisk, Frying pan
Ear: Green Barrette, Shuriken
Head: Top hat
Face: Germ Mask
Body: Bib
Back: Black wings

I basically saved my prop uses (the arm items) and waited until the other pokemon had their solo about halfway in. Then i used my items to steal the spotlight off the other pokemon who had 2 arm pops, there's usually at least 1 or 2.
This is how i did it. There are other pokemons and combo's that will work fine or even better.
I haven't been able to get the 10 musical fan medal yet.

On rare occasions I have seen one of the other pokemon use a prob that sent stars flying out. I believe to get 10 fans you need to somehow get those stars (I take this back. I just got the stars and it made no difference, still 7 fans)

Last edited:

Rakurai

You need to participate in 139 musicals for 10 fans.

The ideal Pokemon for a musical is anything that has eight slots to equip props in, which basically any large bipedal Pokemon with arms (Small ones like Victini and Clefairy can't use waist items).

The ideal combination of accessories is four matching the musical's theme, two of another type that doesn't match, then one each of the two remaining types. After that, all you need to do is use your appeals at a good time to basically ensure that you'll take first place and earn a good rating.

Also, the guy with the Krokorok isn't giving you tips. He's simply informing you of the defining characteristics of your Pokemon's appearance in the last musical, which basically just serves as a way to tell which accessories fall into which category.

Bathrezz

WoW, really 139 musicals and no sooner? Just participating or winning all of them?
You need to participate in 139 musicals for 10 fans.

The ideal Pokemon for a musical is anything that has eight slots to equip props in, which basically any large bipedal Pokemon with arms (Small ones like Victini and Clefairy can't use waist items).

The ideal combination of accessories is four matching the musical's theme, two of another type that doesn't match, then one each of the two remaining types. After that, all you need to do is use your appeals at a good time to basically ensure that you'll take first place and earn a good rating.

Also, the guy with the Krokorok isn't giving you tips. He's simply informing you of the defining characteristics of your Pokemon's appearance in the last musical, which basically just serves as a way to tell which accessories fall into which category.

Rakurai

Wining isn't necessary, but getting a passable rating might be.

I've never gotten anything lower then the "Your Pokemon's sharp moves also made me feel *insert adjective*" comment.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You guys still need locations for the Hustle Muscle medal? All right, I'm in. Here's some, but I'm going to keep looking:

Rt. 16:
1. You can find it next to the Backers in the middle of the route. Simply push it up into the hole.

Relic Passage:

Room 1:
1. Go as far down as possible and make a right. Go down some stairs and you will see the path splits in two, with a Strength boulder blocking the bottom path. Take the top path and then circle around to push it in the hole.

Room 2:
1. Go right until you see a male Psychic. Take the path above him and you will find the boulder. Push it right into the hole.
2. From the last boulder, head down and around to the rightmost path heading up. At the end of it you will see a female Psychic and a Strength boulder that you can push up into a hole (Note: This boulder is required to gain entry into the bottom floor of Relic Castle).

Room 3:
1. From Room 2, head down as far as you can and you will see the boulder on your right before you hop across the ledge. Push it right a few times and it will fall in the hole. (Note: This boulder is inaccessible from the Castelia Sewers entrance)

Mistralton Cave:

1F:
1. From the entrance, head down and there will be a boulder in the way. Push it right twice and then down twice to get it in the hole.
2. From the first one, keep going down and then head right and you will see another boulder. Push it right twice to knock it in.
3. From the second one, go up and back right. After passing a Hiker, go down some stairs for another boulder. Push it left into the hole to open up a shortcut back to the entrance.

2F:
1. After reaching the second floor, you will see a Strength boulder just to your right. Push it right into the hole.
2. From the first one on this floor, go up the stairs then right, then go down the stairs and around for another boulder. Push it right to get it in the hole.
3. Right after the second one is another boulder. Push it right to knock it in its hole.

3F:
1. Upon reaching the third floor, go right and up some stairs in front of you, then keep going forward until you find another boulder. Push it down into its hole.
2. Immediately after the first one in this floor is another boulder that you must push down into its hole.

Rt. 13:
1. From Undella Town, head left until you see a large set of stairs. Go up and head past the tall grass for another boulder.
2. This boulder is inaccessible until you have full access to Giant Chasm (after you visit Plasma Frigate the first time). Go to Giant Chasm and take the south exit. From there, go right up some stairs and then down and you will end up on Rt. 13. When you get to a fork in the road, go left and there will be a boulder waiting for you to push it in. Do so and you will find yourself on the north side of the route, right near Lacunosa Town.

Seaside Cave:

B1F:

Seaside Cave's basement has a short boulder puzzle. Here is the solution:

1. From the basement entrance, go down and head up some stairs. Push the boulder here right twice to knock it in.
2. After the first one, head past the Battle Girl and up some steps, then push this boulder left twice.
3. Next, push the boulder above you up twice.
4. Push the boulder past the last one up once and right twice.
5. Push the next boulder down twice.
6. Push the next boulder right once, and up twice.
7. Finally, push the last boulder up twice and right once.

Rt. 22:
1. Found near the beginning of the route, but inaccessible without doing some exploring. First, go up into the tall grass and down some stairs. Then go up the next set of stairs that has some Double Grass and a Backpacker. Go left until you can walk on a balancing beam, then follow it to the end and you will find another balancing beam. Walk as far right as you can and back down to reach the boulder. Be careful of the Breeder in this section if you don't want to battle him.

Giant Chasm:

Cave:
1. From Rt. 22, head down the main path until you find a boulder on your left. Push it left twice to knock it in.
2. Keep going clockwise around the perimeter of the cave. There will be a boulder waiting for you near the bottom left corner of the cave.
3. Continue north past the Rt. 23 exit as far as you can and then turn right. There is another boulder here.
4. Continue right for a while and you will find another boulder below you.

Rt. 23:

Instead of going up to Victory Road, go left. There is a huge maze of trees in this section of Rt. 23 with a rather tricky boulder puzzle in it. (Note: You will need Cut and Surf to complete this boulder puzzle).

1. From the Victory Road entrance, go left until you see a tree you can use Cut on. Continue left until you find another tree to use Cut on. Ignore it for now and take the lower left path to find the first boulder. Push it down twice to knock it in.
2. Go back to the tree that you ignored earlier and continue on the upper left path until you find a Hiker. Cut the tree near him and go down and right to find another boulder. Push it down twice and leave it there for now. Go back to the tree you skipped several times already. Cut it down, then head up and left until you find a Black Belt and turn left (if you haven't fought him yet and he blocks your path, go back to the Hiker, and keep going left and you can go behind the Black Belt). Proceed downward and hop over the ledge and you will reach a pond. Surf right and you will find two paths, one of which goes up some stairs and across a ledge. Take the other one and push the boulder right twice to knock it in.
3. Go back across the pond and go right to find another boulder. Push it left once and then go back across the pond and hop across the ledge. From there, push it up twice and then go back across the pond again. Then push the boulder left twice and up once to finally knock this one in its hole.
4. The boulder that you moved back in Step 2 will be sitting just right of the last boulder. Push it right 5 times to finally knock it in its hole.
5. Down and to the right of the last boulder is another one. Push it left once, then down 5 times and it will fall in its hole.
6. Finally, push the last boulder right 8 times to finish the boulder puzzle on this route.

Black 2 Victory Road:

1F (the castle ruins area):
1. From the entrance, keep going up until you see a boulder. Push it left once and up 3 times. (Note: this boulder is required to progress through the game).
2. (Note: You will need Surf to reach this boulder) From the first boulder, proceed left until you find the entrance to the first outside area, and head through it to reach Victory Road 2F (the first cave area). From there, head as far left as you can go and there will be an entrance back outside. Go right down the cliff and use Surf to reach the other side of the river, and you will end up in the Forest area. Go through it to reach another part of Victory Road 1F where there is another boulder waiting for you. To get it in, push it left twice, down twice, right 3 times, up once, right three times, and down once.

2F (the first cave area):
1. From the entrance to 2F near where the Doctor is, go left until you reach a four way intersection, then go up. You will see two boulders at the end of this path. Push the one on the right up twice to knock it in. (Note: this boulder is required to progress through the game).
2. After the last one, proceed through either of the newly opened paths. Both of them will lead you to the Cliffside Area. They both meet at another four way intersection at the top of the cliff, where there will be a female Veteran waiting for you if you try to go up. Ignore her and head left and go back down the cliff to find another entrance to Victory Road 2F. Go inside and you can then push the other boulder right twice to knock it in.

White 2 Victory Road:

1F (the castle ruins area):

1. From the entrance, go up and right until you find the boulder. Push it right twice and up twice and it will fall in (Note: this boulder is required to progress through the game)
2. From the first boulder, go up to reach the entrance to the Forest area, and go through it to reach the first outside area. Keep going up into Victory Road 2F and go as far right as you can and there will be an entrance to another outside area. From there, go down and right and use Surf to go right. Follow this path right and then down to reach a new area of Victory Road 1F. From there, go right until you find the boulder. Push it up once, right 3 times, down three times, left once, and down twice to knock it in.

2F (the first cave area):
1. From the entrance to 2F near where the Doctor is, go right until you reach a four way intersection, the go up. You will see two boulders at the end of this path. Push the one on the left up twice to knock it in. (Note: this boulder is required to progress through the game).
2. After the last one, proceed through either of the newly opened paths. Both of them will lead you to the Cliffside Area. They both meet at another four way intersection at the top of the cliff, where there will be a female Veteran waiting for you if you try to go up. Ignore her and head right and go back down the cliff to find another entrance to Victory Road 2F. Go inside and you can then push the other boulder left twice to knock it in.

And that should be all of the boulders before post game.

EDIT: Post game boulders:

Moor of Icirrus:

1. Just left of the entrance. Push it right to knock it in.

Dragonspiral Tower:

2F:

1. When you first reach 2F, walk just to the left of the fallen pillar and there will be a boulder blocking your way to a set of stairs. Push it right to clear it out of the way.

Twist Mountain

Extension

A series of boulders blocks the way to Regigigas. Here is the solution:

1. Go left when you enter the room and push the boulder here up 3 times, then jump the ledge on your left and push the boulder right 6 times and it will fall in the hole.
2. Push the boulder below the first hole down 3 times.
3. Go down the right hand path and push the boulder there up 3 times, left once, up once, then left 8 times.

Clay Tunnel

1. From the Driftveil City entrance, make a right after the first Hiker and ride the mine cart. Then, go down until you see a boulder. Push it left twice to knock it in.
2. From the first one, go down and then left until you see another boulder. Push it down twice to knock it in.
3. From the second one, proceed up until you reach the next room. Then go up until you reach some water, then go left and up. From there, there will be a split in the path. Going up leads to Twist Mountain, instead go right and ride the mining cart. After doing so, you will see a boulder on your right. Push it right twice and it will fall in the hole.
4. From the third one, go down and there will be another boulder. Push it down three times.
5. (Note: You will need Surf for this boulder) Go back to where the third boulder was and ride the mining cart. From there, go down and ride another mining cart. From there, Surf up and then enter the next room. Just inside is another boulder, push it right twice to clear it.
6. (Note: You will need Surf for this boulder) Past the last boulder is another minecart. Ride it and you will find another boulder to your left. Push it twice and you will knock it in its hole.

Rt. 15

1. From the Black City/White Forest entrance, go down the steps below you, and there will be a boulder right in below you. Push it down 3 times, right once, down once, and right one more time to knock it in the hole.
2. Just to the left of the stairs is another boulder. Push it right 3 times, up twice, and left once and it will fall in its hole.

Dreamyard

1. Just below the entrance is a boulder blocking your way to the lower outside area of the Dreamyard. To get to it, you need to keep going right and squeeze through the fence, then go down through the stairs on your right to go to the basement. From there, make your way to the lower right hand side of the basement to return to the outside area. From there, proceed left to reach the other side of the boulder, then push it up to knock it in its hole.

Rt. 2

1. Found near the Accumula Town gatehouse. Simply push it down into its hole.

Last edited:

Bathrezz

A few hints/tips

- Pokelab transfers from previous generations do not count towards the 100 traded medal
- Using wifi with a friend in a musical does not count towards the 30 good reviews medal
- For join avenue, you can only have the same person come to your avenue once a day but you can pass them multiple times a day. To clear the pass-tag/C-gear you just need to save the game and restart it
- If you have a shiny from a previous gen game or B1/W1 and transfer it to B2/W2 it will count towards the Lucky Color medal
- To get Never Give Up medal, just simply keep battling wild pokemon to use up all the PP
- To get the Battle institute medals, simply forfeit every match, there's no loss to you nor do you win any prizes. It greatly speeds up the process
- To get pin point and quick clear medals for WhiteHollow/BlackTower, save game at start first of level. Start clearing the trainers to find out who the gate trainer is and the gate itself. Once you have the info. Restart game, take the shortest routes to the gate and the trainer.
- You can change the internal clock to get the Diamond Dust medal, 31st Dec 2011 worked for me
- You can change the internal clock to get the birthday musical prop
- Mini games on Xtranceiver are only playable with another player over local wifi. Cant play solo

Added 9-11-12
- Trading pokemon via Global trade counts towards the 100trade medal

Added 10-11-12
- Beating the E4 with two or more pokemon with the same types you will net you medals for both types. Eg. Two Tyranitatrs (ground/dark)

Added 12-11-12
Twist Mountain Quiz
Which city has the old rusty crane - Virbank
Something about the colour of trucks on route 4 - Yellow
Which question is this? - Was 3rd for me

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Signboard Starter
Easy
Read 5 different “Trainer Tips” signs.

Signboard Savvy
Medium
Read 15 different Trainer Tips signs.

Below as the Locations of all the Signs:
Nimbasa City x2
Opelucid City
Striaton City
-More LOCATIONS NEEDED-

Route 9 has 2, iirc. Then there's 1 in Route 4, 1 in Route 5, and 1 in Route 14.

I can't remember any other locations at the moment, though.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
i acctually liked the medal system idea in the game, and im soon done with it i think maybe 10-20 medals left :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Correction

There Are more than 15 Signs. ?

Below as the Locations of all the Signs:
Nimbasa City x2
Opelucid City
Stration City
Route 9 x2?
Route 4
Route 5
Route 14
-More LOCATIONS NEEDED-

1. Yes, there are more than 15 signs in the game.

2. Route 9 only has 1 sign not 2, sorry.

3. Route 7 has one.

4. It's Route 14 that has two.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
Micle berries are good for money, which will help with the spending money medals. You can get them in the Dream World*, and the berry maniac will buy them for P30,000 each. They take like a week to grow, but if your patient enough (and have played the DW enough so you have a decent amount of rows), you can end up with a lot of money. After about a month you can easily end up with 100, which is P3,000,000! The annoying thing is though you have to sell them one at a time.

*They were given to Japanese players for participating in a Wi-Fi tournament, so you have to find them on share shelves

Insenence

After attempting to complete the Signboard Savvy medal these were the locations where I was able to discover Trainer Tip signs. There is a total of 16 together,and while looking on other routes or cities I wasn't able to discover any others but there may be more than this as Shine mentioned. As Shine also mentioned, Route 9 has only 1 sign which is located next to the vending machines by the shopping mall. Striaton City does not have a sign in its area, though there is one close to it on Route 3 in front of the Daycare which must have been mistaken for it.

Nimbasa City x2
Opelucid City x1
Pinwheel Forrest (Inside) x1
Route 1 x1
Route 3 x1
Route 4 x1
Route 5 x1
Route 6 x1
Route 7 x1
Route 9 x1
Route 12 x1
Route 13 x1
Route 14 x2
Route 19 x1

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Subway Accelerator
Easy
Reach a streak of 10 wins or more in the Battle Subway./Use the battle Subway 10 times(?)

I didn't get this medal for a 10 win streak. This one required entering the Battle Subway 10 times. I'd assume the 50 and 100 battles ones would be the same, though I haven't tried them myself.

Feeling Master
Easy
Play Feeling Check a certain number of times.

I got this medal after doing 5 Feeling Checks, so I think it's fair to assume that's how many you need. It could be less, though I wouldn't see why it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.