• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CvxFous

Hi dudes,
For Heavy Machinery Pro medal, the answers are:
1.Virbank
2.Yellow
4.Driftveil City

I'm stuck with Rail Enthusiast. I'm in the same situation that another member in this thread, i can't find the "Future Train", any clues on how to find it?

Bathrezz

I know that we all know that we can get 2type medals for clearing the E4 but I want to clarify that the types do not have to be in the same order such as grass/poison or poison/fighting. As long as there is one common type between them all you will get that medal. Not long till I have the Supreme Challenger medal :) Just normal and ghost to go

ynony

Flash of Lightning
I'm stuck on the Rail Enthusiast medal as well. I've been visiting Anville every day for 2 or 3 weeks now. Does anyone know if any more trains appear after the elite 4 or national dex? I've done neither so I don't know. I've been visiting around the same time every day, so has anyone tried going many times on the same day to see if anything changes? Or maybe changing seasons? Every time I've been there it was Autumn.
Also, I've seen several people say they can't find the "Future Train". If no one has seen it, how do we know that is the train we're missing? Let's all compare notes. These are the ones I've seen:
Single
Double
Multi
Super Single
Super Double
Super Multi
Anville
Hyperspeed (empty turntable)
Wi-Fi
Old

silicon

Swordsman
I've earned the medal. Honestly, I think the last one I got was the Wi-Fi Train, I think I saw the "Future" Train twice before I saw that. My only tip is: go every day and talk to the guy. It seemed to progress in such a way for me that I think I could have gone for 11 straight days and gotten it. I missed one or two in there and had to continue going for more than that. I'd suggest trying to SR the train, but people have mentioned it doesn't seem to be SR'd.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Same here. I've seen all 10 trains, but still no "future" train, even after going to Anville every day. And I haven't beat the E4 either.

I googled a bit, and apparently someone who found it said the future train is a "sleek blue train". Still haven't seen any pic, though.

I'm guessing the "future" train just has a much lower chance to appear compared to the other trains. I wonder if that was intended or not.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Same here. I've seen all 10 trains, but still no "future" train, even after going to Anville every day. And I haven't beat the E4 either.

I googled a bit, and apparently someone who found it said the future train is a "sleek blue train". Still haven't seen any pic, though.

I'm guessing the "future" train just has a much lower chance to appear compared to the other trains. I wonder if that was intended or not.

I always assumed that the trains followed a certain order, since the last one I needed was the Double train, I believe. I had no trouble with any future train, though I don't remember what it looked like. I know that one "train" involved there being NO train on the turntable, and if you said there was something there, the guy starts parading about some amazing hyper-speed train or something along those lines that he can only imagine. I feel this is that "future" train, though I honestly don't remember if this is the one.

Last edited:

CvxFous

I know that one "train" involved there being NO train on the turntable, and if you said there was something there, the guy starts parading about some amazing hyper-speed train or something along those lines that he can only imagine.

Nope, that is Hyper Speed Train. I guess I'll just keep on trying.

Also, I check for the "Use the battle Subway X times", it's not consecutives streak, it's just entering into one subway, as I get the medal description:
"Médaille décernée aux Dresseurs qui sont passés à la vitesse supérieure et ont pris 10 fois le Métro de Combat" (In my french game)
which means:
"Medal earned by Trainers who speed up and took the Battle Subway 10 times"

But I don't know if you can loose on purpose and reenter the train to raise up that number faster.

EDIT:
I just got the medal from xtranceiver game, and the difficulty should be changed.
Balloon Rookie -> Very Easy -> just play once
Balloon Technician -> Easy -> 2 or three plays
Balloon Expert -> Easy -> 5-6 plays
Balloon Conquerer -> Medium -> 10+ plays
Just 10 min to get all 4.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Nope, that is Hyper Speed Train. I guess I'll just keep on trying.

Darn. Then all I can say is I'm sorry I didn't pay attention when I saw it. :/

Several types of moves have no effect on the Elite 4 and the Champ, so be prepared and build parties take down their teams. Using Pokémon that are at Level 100 can help for this challenge as you could be facing Pokémon in the early Level 80s. If you have a party that all have the same two types, you can earn two medal for that run if you have not obtain them both yet. Your Party does not have to be full, it can be done on one Pokémon.

Concerning this note, I think it may be important to add you won't fight anything that's level 80 unless on Challenge Mode, and Easy Mode would make this less difficult to complete, I'd assume.

CvxFous

Easy Mode would make this less difficult to complete, I'd assume.
Yeah, but when you're not in challenge mode, you may feel lame, because it is...

It would be great if you can reorder the main topic by putting medals order by way to get them instead of types.
I mean, three categories:
- Solo: can be obtained with one game and one DS, no Wifi or friend.
- Wifi OR IRL: can be obtained via dream world, gts etc, OR IRL, like trade or battle.
- IRL ONLY: annoying medals which need friend or money to buy a second ds and pokemon game, like feeling check, bypass, etc

EDIT: Annoying spin trade must be done EXACTLY 10 times before getting the medal.

EDIT2: Day-care faithful? How is it possibru? I put tons of pokemon in there, and still no medal yet.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, but when you're not in challenge mode, you may feel lame, because it is...

EDIT2: Day-care faithful? How is it possibru? I put tons of pokemon in there, and still no medal yet.

Well, I personally don't want to spend so long training nearly 17 teams I'll rarely use after, so having slightly lower levels does help. Getting all 17 of those medals does take quite some time to get even when you have all the pokemon ready for battle. As for Day-Care Faithful, it's definitely possible. Time-consuming, but I got naturally when trying to hatch pre-evo pokemon for the pokedex.

CvxFous

Time-consuming, but I got naturally when trying to hatch pre-evo pokemon for the pokedex.

That's weird, I already got every pokemon that is possible to obtain with one cartridge only, including the pre-evo i got with ditto-ing...
I already have the 50egg medal too... I dunno what else to do to get that medal, maybe an hidden specific condition?

Charoshi

Charmander is best
yeah uh... I dont have the daycare medal either... And I've bred well over 300 different eggs....

judgemick

Thank god for this thread. Has been a huge help with the medals so far, nearly hit 220, won't be fully done till at least February though obviously cause of Dream World Pokemon.

Just wanted to say I was having the same trouble with the egg one as I was only leaving high level Pokemon in to breed eggs so they weren't really in long enough to gain any levels. After putting a few lower level Pokemon in the Medal popped up quite quickly. Just a theory but I think you need to leave the Pokemon in for a few levels/certain number of steps for each one to count. Hope that helps.

And yeah if anyone figures out the Anville town train Medal that'll be a big help :s

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Finally got Day-Care Faithful. I just picked up and deposited my ditto a few times.

I'm willing to bet that you have to leave a certain Pokemon there about 10 times and pick it up for you to get the medal.

Bathrezz

I want to confirm that the more musicals you perform the more fans you will get. At 79musicals i finally got my 8th fan. Hopefully 10 musicals per fan.

BESSI

Has someone figured out something that would help us to get the information about the train of the future?I found this nearly impossible

BESSI

Finaly i got the rail enthusiast medal.that is a blue train.change your ds clock to february 1st 2013.and there you go!!!! good luck guys!!!!

CvxFous

Finaly i got the rail enthusiast medal.that is a blue train.change your ds clock to february 1st 2013.and there you go!!!! good luck guys!!!!

Amazingly, THIS IS WORKING, f*** yeah!

A medal were you need to cheat to get it -> gamefreak trololo

Status
Not open for further replies.