• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Official" UnOfficial Medal Guide (Incomplete)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Changing the date is not really cheating....though it IS unexpected that the future train's appearance depends on the date (just like the diamond dust).

I wonder if there's another date for the future train, as the diamond dust appears on several different dates.

judgemick

I want to confirm that the more musicals you perform the more fans you will get. At 79musicals i finally got my 8th fan. Hopefully 10 musicals per fan.

Yup, I despise the Musicals with a passion so all I did was dress my Electivire up in 4 props fitting the theme (went for cool) two fitting another style and a couple different ones for the other styles then spammed the same musical all night at work. Did nothing but play them and with the above set up won everytime and eventually got ten fans. An easy medal, time consuming but not so bad if you're doing something else whilst the musicals play out.

Finaly i got the rail enthusiast medal.that is a blue train.change your ds clock to february 1st 2013.and there you go!!!! good luck guys!!!!

Thank you so much for this. Tried changing the date when I first wanted this medal but never knew it was a specific one. Much appreciated.

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT TO ANY UK FANS ON HERE...

If there's no mass Pokemon events coming up anytime soon I'm gonna try and rent a room out at some point early next year so people can get the 1000 points Funfest Medal and 30 person Funfest Medal. Gonna see about putting a few things on like a tournament and anything else that comes up in suggestions. Gonna be a non profit event for myself so will cost a small entrance fee to cover room and prizes and anything left over I'll spend on more prizes. I live in the North West of England and I just wanted to give people a bit of a heads up, anyone in the UK whose interested please send me a PM so I have a better idea of how big a place to rent out.

That's all the details I have, also if I'm breaking some kind of rule by posting that on here please could one of the admins let me know the proper way to go about it. Not trying to rattle any cages here, just hoping to get a few peeps from the community together :)

CvxFous

I wonder if there's another date for the future train, as the diamond dust appears on several different dates.

I guess future train is just somewhere in the future, maybe it has not to be exactly on february, just some months past the current date?

R_N

From there, you're basically guaranteed to get the second highest rating (Which is sufficient for the medal) as long as you appeal at a good time.

I think this is wrong?
I've done 10 musicals and did the accessories properly and everything. I kept track and of the 10 musicals I definitely won 8 of them but the other 2 I came in second place.

But I only got the medals for the 1st good review and the 5th.

Bathrezz

Finaly i got the rail enthusiast medal.that is a blue train.change your ds clock to february 1st 2013.and there you go!!!! good luck guys!!!!
Do i need to change it to Jan 31st 2013 and then wait for the day to roll over?

judgemick

Do i need to change it to Jan 31st 2013 and then wait for the day to roll over?

Nope, changed my date to 1st Feb 2013 and it appeared right away. Only downside is that it resets your internal counter so you gotta wait an extra 24 hours for join avenue visitors and dream world game sync.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT TO ANY UK FANS ON HERE...

If there's no mass Pokemon events coming up anytime soon I'm gonna try and rent a room out at some point early next year so people can get the 1000 points Funfest Medal and 30 person Funfest Medal. Gonna see about putting a few things on like a tournament and anything else that comes up in suggestions. Gonna be a non profit event for myself so will cost a small entrance fee to cover room and prizes and anything left over I'll spend on more prizes. I live in the North West of England and I just wanted to give people a bit of a heads up, anyone in the UK whose interested please send me a PM so I have a better idea of how big a place to rent out.

That's all the details I have, also if I'm breaking some kind of rule by posting that on here please could one of the admins let me know the proper way to go about it. Not trying to rattle any cages here, just hoping to get a few peeps from the community together :)

I'm really wanting to get this medal, I live in the South of England and was thinking about attempting to set up an event. My idea would have probably involved the London Expo which wouldn't be until next May. If I can make my way to wherever this is in the North West, assuming it's incredibly likely that I'll get it then I'd be happy to join this event. How many people do you think would be required?

Rakurai

I think this is wrong?
I've done 10 musicals and did the accessories properly and everything. I kept track and of the 10 musicals I definitely won 8 of them but the other 2 I came in second place.

But I only got the medals for the 1st good review and the 5th.

By "second highest rating", I was referring to what the musical rater says to you not, not what place you got (Which is the "Your Pokemon were just like actors" comment).

In any case, it seems like it doesn't matter what your rating is, just that you get first place.

judgemick

I'm really wanting to get this medal, I live in the South of England and was thinking about attempting to set up an event. My idea would have probably involved the London Expo which wouldn't be until next May. If I can make my way to wherever this is in the North West, assuming it's incredibly likely that I'll get it then I'd be happy to join this event. How many people do you think would be required?

Basically I'm just going to rent a fairish size room somewhere within walking distance of a train station so UK people can reach it and set everything up so people can either Battle, Trade or do Funfest missions but the first event of the day will be the 1000 point Funfest to help people get that medal along with the 100 point, 10 person and 30 person Funfest medals.

My personal record on the Find Items mission is 28, CvxFous said something about getting 50 points in one mission so would like more details on this as on the Find Items missions we'd need around 50 people (average of 20 points x 50 people = 1000 points) but with so many people in the UK unable to get this medal easily I'd like to see around 100 people show up on the day. Must admit I'd like to be involved with a 100 person Funfest, must be nice living in Japan lol.

CvxFous

For the "get all "the funfest medal", you can do it by yourself with no one else, you just have to do at least once every 1 star mission.

So it's really a lot easier than get 100 funfest succes.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Basically I'm just going to rent a fairish size room somewhere within walking distance of a train station so UK people can reach it and set everything up so people can either Battle, Trade or do Funfest missions but the first event of the day will be the 1000 point Funfest to help people get that medal along with the 100 point, 10 person and 30 person Funfest medals.

My personal record on the Find Items mission is 28, CvxFous said something about getting 50 points in one mission so would like more details on this as on the Find Items missions we'd need around 50 people (average of 20 points x 50 people = 1000 points) but with so many people in the UK unable to get this medal easily I'd like to see around 100 people show up on the day. Must admit I'd like to be involved with a 100 person Funfest, must be nice living in Japan lol.

How can you be sure 100 would show up? It seems a little niche and placing it randomly in the North West may not get much attraction. Have you ever done anything like this before?

For the "get all "the funfest medal", you can do it by yourself with no one else, you just have to do at least once every 1 star mission.

So it's really a lot easier than get 100 funfest succes.

Yeah, I think so. Are the 100 and 1,000 the only problematic medals?

judgemick

How can you be sure 100 would show up? It seems a little niche and placing it randomly in the North West may not get much attraction. Have you ever done anything like this before?

No guarantee's that 100 people will show up but there's no guarantee's on anything yet as I'm not doing anything properly till next year. People usually come to events with prizes and I've already got 8 people I know locally without even trying so I'm not worried about making back the room fee.

Was the judge for a Yugioh Trading Card Game tournament for four years then took over as organiser for two years so yosh got plenty of experience with these kinds of things. Won't lie though, haven't done it since April 2010 so might be a tad rusty, will need lot's of planning and people other than myself involved with the organisation.

As for people not willing to travel we had Yugioh players show up every month without fail from Barrow in Furness which is a 90 minute drive away from our old tournament venue so I'm fairly confident we can pull in plenty of interested players for a one day event.

TBH I've had my eye on that new Pikachu 3DS as a top prize and if I can get enough people guaranteed I can add it to the prize pool.

Anywho appreciate the questions, helps me biuld a better idea of how I can organise this thing.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
No guarantee's that 100 people will show up but there's no guarantee's on anything yet as I'm not doing anything properly till next year. People usually come to events with prizes and I've already got 8 people I know locally without even trying so I'm not worried about making back the room fee.

Was the judge for a Yugioh Trading Card Game tournament for four years then took over as organiser for two years so yosh got plenty of experience with these kinds of things. Won't lie though, haven't done it since April 2010 so might be a tad rusty, will need lot's of planning and people other than myself involved with the organisation.

As for people not willing to travel we had Yugioh players show up every month without fail from Barrow in Furness which is a 90 minute drive away from our old tournament venue so I'm fairly confident we can pull in plenty of interested players for a one day event.

TBH I've had my eye on that new Pikachu 3DS as a top prize and if I can get enough people guaranteed I can add it to the prize pool.

Anywho appreciate the questions, helps me biuld a better idea of how I can organise this thing.

Hmm, well I've never organised an event myself but I know that there are a lot of people that go to the London Expo which is in May. There generally seems to be a lot of community events which happen there so that might be possible. I'd be happy to donate some sort of prize in order to increase the likelihood of getting this medal. If there are actual Pokémon events that come up, maybe liaising with them might be an idea. I don't know how feasible that is though since it would probably be quite corporate.

judgemick

Was thinking over the idea at work last night and it definitely feels like it could work as a one off. Wouldn't want to go back to doing anything monthly as it can be quite stressful but I've already got the system in my head and if we could get 100 people at £5.00 entry each that pays for the room and a decent amount of prizes. Appreciate you volunteering a bit of prize support but I can handle that side of things. What I really need is an admin or two who live in the UK so I can ask whether they mind me using a thread to advertise, if they would be interested in getting onvolved as volunteers or judges, etc. And of course word of mouth to see how many people would be interested.

Anyway back on topic... Ferris Wheel Fan Medal. Still haven't got this and I've tried going on with lot's of different people in every season. Anyone any ideas? Currently on 227 Medals so only a few easy ones I've been too lazy to do and the tricky ones left.

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Was thinking over the idea at work last night and it definitely feels like it could work as a one off. Wouldn't want to go back to doing anything monthly as it can be quite stressful but I've already got the system in my head and if we could get 100 people at £5.00 entry each that pays for the room and a decent amount of prizes. Appreciate you volunteering a bit of prize support but I can handle that side of things. What I really need is an admin or two who live in the UK so I can ask whether they mind me using a thread to advertise, if they would be interested in getting onvolved as volunteers or judges, etc. And of course word of mouth to see how many people would be interested.

Well, I'm hoping that there would be enough. If it is indeed in the North West of England then there would have to be some sort of notice for someone like me, since I live all the way to the South of the country. I'm sure you're already aware of that in terms of advertising though.

CvxFous

Anyway back on topic... Ferris Wheel Fan Medal. Still haven't got this and I've tried going on with lot's of different people in every season. Anyone any ideas?

Have you catch all N's pokemon? I heard there is a seasonnal battle at the ferris wheel once you do, maybe that's it?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can we NOT arrange meetups in this thread?
For legal reasons, some events especially ones with little or no info, we won't promote on this forum. Actually, the staff may be required to remove the info from posts.

Yes, I am aware that the FesMission Medals for that one is a pain to do.

I'm can be convinced promote certain events, however they must be either official or "known" "repeating" events. For reasons same

Official events such as the Video Game Championships can be promoted. Officially sanctioned such as those by on this site: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/play-pokemon/play-pokemon-leagues/ I can also promote. For DS give away event like almost all the UK instore events in 4th Gen, where it was 1 day for a store, may also be promoted, as many people will be there.

For unoffical Events that I'm happy to promote include known Store events, like HMVs Gamerbase events, and several major "Gaming events," such as Mulitplay's iSeries, or DreamHack or even the London Expo. (Admittedly several of them there are PC based events, but I got 14 3DS owners with Spot Pass at i46, and there was no DS or 3DS event.)

I personally have No issue with Promoting i48 or i49* as they're big events, well, actually quite safe until night time when we let Ruskydoo out. *i47 is this weekend and all that is left is £5 Day tickets but you can't "play" BYOC games. I attended i46, sadly I was not on many of the KK videos, I can't remember where I was for most of those videos, and I'm hoping the are plans for Kritzkast next year at i49. (I'll be in their group again.) It's in Telford, England.

I may consider creating Google Calender or several of them (UK/Europe, Austraila/NZ and US), if people are really interested having a idea what events are available. Pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.