• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Camcam

I don't necessarily think that he is jobbing to the Hart Dynasty. Every once in a while someone has to take a back seat to help someone else get over. Right now they are trying to get Hart Dynasy over, and they just don't have anything better to do with Matt. Especially now that Maria has been released. Although I do find it dumb that no matter how many people Hart Dynasty try to get over on. They just don't seem to get over at all. Natalya made more of an impact in the women's division than the Hart Dynasty has on the dead Tag Team Division.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Camcam

Matt Hardy does not need to lose any weight. He is in great physical shape. If you don't believe me try watching The Hardys Show episode Golden Return on youtube or on the Hardys Show website.
In fact he was cruiserweight champion before. Granted that was 7 years ago.

Wilkimania

To be honest I think Matt's at that stage of his career, where he realises he isn't going to win a worl championship, but will be a intercontinental/United states/Tag team scene and whilst he's picking up a decent cheque I don't think he's really that bothered. Agreed matt is a better mat wrestler than Jeff (There's got to be some sort of pun with that, but the kids are always going to enjoy crazy diving around to hard work. Spot monkeys generally do well even without good mic skills. E.g. Jeff. Not E.g.Shelton
As for the tag team titles they're trying to breathe life back into the division by giving main guys the belts, but until you have teams like Cryme Tyme and Hart Dynasty with title reigns it'll mean nothing.

Camcam

I think he can still win a world championship. If Hogan and Flair can still wrestle, Matt can be world champion.
As far as tag teams go the division is dead if since the titles are basically always held by two singles competitors who just happened to be getting along at the time, and the division only gets one championship for 2 different brands. The unified tag team bull crap has done nothing but stop great up and coming tag teams from proving that they can be good tag champions. and for what helping single stars get more title reigns for his resume and propel them into main event status. To be fair this is coming a lot from my complete hatred of that reality show reject The Miz.I hate that guy. I feel so bad for Bryan Danielson. He has to put up with that crap.

Wilkimania

CamCam, I respect you as you seem to have a good knowledge of what's actually going down, instead of just random hating like a few others in this thread.
Matt won't win a world championship though whilst Jeff is linked to TNA. And you're comment on Hogan and Falir, the point is they CAN'T wrestle anymore they're just coasting through on their names, which TNA benefit from as well. And yes the tag team division isn't being helped by single competitors holding the belts, but I think if we can get some good feuds going between the champs and some proper tag teams then there will be some credability to the belts. And with single wrestlers to the team, can we please have guys tag for a reason not like "I can't win a singles belt, lets tag!!!" more like "I want the tag belts due to the prestigue and honour they bring, and I believe you're the guy to help me".
And Bryan Danielson isn't going to be kicking himself when he leaves NXT to have a few feuds booked already. I can see him taking the miz's united states belt before the end of the show or a few weeks after it finishes and eventually move on to our current world champion Chris Jericho.

Camcam

Man I would love it if "Daniel Bryan" (whatever I know his name) would win the US title from the Miz. You're right Hogan and Flair can't wrestle when I said that I meant as long as they could move maybe Matt had a chance. I don't think he really needs any links with his brother to be successful in fact he is very well remembered for the Mattitude Era which he did by himself. I loved Mattitude that was awesome and most importatntly entertaining. Matt is a great entertainer period.
Back to tagging, you're right we need more teams who want the titles for the prestige behind them, but that doesn't change how both shows need their own tag division right now it seems good to have one tag championship due to the lack of tag teams, but I think right now Cryme Tyme is doing nothing but progressing stereotypes and Legacy is about to start what is sure to be beautiful singles careers just like their mentor Randy Orton. Right now I'm looking for Hart Dynasty or Croft and Beretta to impress crowds.

Wilkimania

I think Daniel's going to do something big soon. After all he is the best wrestler in the world. I think the NXT series will be Danielson versus the main heels why everyone fights eachother. I expect a few shocks with Danielson losing to a few of the other rookies in odd matches to try and show how even it all is. I think the first episode got enough storylines down so far and that was only seeing half of the rookies.
With the tag titles, I honestly change me mind every five minutes about how the WWE see the tag division. I'll wait to see after the draft to make my latest idea. I see Shameas and Rhodes both going to Smackdown

Camcam

Danielson is definately the greatest if not one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. WWE was very successful with helping Danielson get over in just one episode. He will definately do big things in WWE regardless of what brand he would wind up on. WWE knows exactly what they have with him, and I hope they won't ruin it(stuff like that has happened before).
Maybe you're right the draft may set up for some good tag teams and it will definately set up great rivalries as every draft has done so far. I don't know about Sheamus going to SD unless HHH does since he's supposed to be facing him at Wrestlemania and there is potential for a good feud there. After Mania it will definately be time for Dibiase or Rhodes to fly solo and show us how good they can be.

Wilkimania

I know WWE have an impressive record messing up sure fire hits in the past. But to be honest with the way they were hyping him recently (Even calling him names that a certain censored superstar was called before the incident).
With Sheamus going to Smackdown I just see it happening as Smackdown is light on the heel front only having Punk and Jericho at the moment and one of them will probably get traded (Jericho I think). Possibly the Miz for the guy that gets sent to Smackdown in order to break into the main event.

Camcam

I see where you're going with Sheamus going to Smackdown. That show does need a few more heels. Batista is too busy being Raw's World Champion, CM Punk is too distracted cleaning everyone's morals(good promos though). Jericho is definately SD's top heel right now that Edge has turned face(ashame, he's an amazing heel). There is talk of Morrison making a heel turn, so things should get better for the heel side over on SD. Its wierd I say the heel side needs help when there are currently no face champions right now in WWE.

Wilkimania

I thought Batista officially moved back to RAW now?
I think Morrison may stay face long enough to feud with the Miz. But yeah Smackdown needs to pick up some top heels and I'm going to suggest, a heel John Cena. Crazy but they tried it with Austin

Camcam

Batista may have moved back to RAW I don't really know, I'm not that big of a Batista fan heel or face. I hope Morrison stays face he is currently my favorite superstar. We know from back in 2002-3 that Cena can be a pretty good heel as long as he can freestyle it would be interesting to see how today's Cena would do as a heel since dropping the white rapper gimmick. They did try it with Austin, but everything I've seen that he has commented on his heel run he says he didn't like being a heel. Especially turning heel in what was his favorite match at Wrestlemania to join his nemesis Mr.McMahon. A heel Cena would be crazy but the crowd would take to hating him pretty quickly seeing as how they loved him and he betrayed them. He's not Jeff Hardy so it would be possible for him to be hated.

Wilkimania

Yeah I know what your saying about Austin/Cena, and Austin did indeed hate his heel run. I may have to disagree with you about Batista (I don't know why, I realise he's not a great Wrestler or even a particularly good one, but for whatever reason I like him). I miss freestyle Cena. In fact I miss non PG WWE, sadly whilst Linda wants to run for senate or whatever she's doing we won't get to see anything like what we used to have. A heel Cena could instantly go against the crowd, especially as all the little kids love him and the internet smarks hate him. Vince seems to be listening to the IWC alot more now than he used to.

Camcam

I don't hate Batista I think he's a damn good athlete and performer I guess I just got tired of seeing him as the hero for SD and he was for a while the only person challenging the World Champion no matter who it was and losing only to get the title shot at the next PPV. Freestyle Cena was fun to watch but probably not the best for this PG rating WWE is going for. I think that with Cena having a big kid fanbase him going heel would very similar to Andre the Giant's heel turn. Internet people do tend to hate Cena, but I don't think they see how good of a performer he really is. His character is the guy who stands for all that is good and kids can look up. I think he does that well. I mean was there any reason given for him coming out of nowhere and defending Bret Hart. And look at the stuff kids where at the shows They love Cena.

Wilkimania

Yeah I know what you mean about Dave. He was always my favourite superstar for years, odd considering my usual preferance of superstar. But that run where he was in the title match 14 PPV's on the bounce was rediculous. John's turn can be done over time or swiftly. Swiftly-Get him to betray Hart, but I can't see Hart willing to be screwed again. Over time-Get him to taken out by heel. Get someone to come down and save him E.g. Kingston. Get Cena and Kingston to team up to take out heel star, and then when they stand tall get Cena to take him out. Then get Cena on the mic and explain that he only needs himself and everybodies out to get him as he's the best thing in the business Kingston's pushed. Kingston's really elevated to the main event. Cena's heel or in the worst case senario tweener. And all's good in the world of WWE

Camcam

That would be an excellent way to turn Cena heel. That way they could really push someone that they've been trying to push for a long time like Kofi Kingston. I think his push so far has gone ok but he needs to step up himself. I have read that he is the one they are considering to win MITB. Which if you think about it that is practically a title match since everyone who has cashed in has won the championship.

Night_Walker

Matt Hardy hasn't been worth watching for a long time. He's actually quite pathetic now.
I must disagree with you.

Matt has adjusted his style well over the years, I mean when he started he was just as much of a high flyer as Jeff was but his knee injuries meant he couldn't continue wrestling that way. So he's become more of a mat-based wrestler, who does the occasional rope move, and realistically he's very solid - if not always stunning.

I think the problem for Matt is it's been a while since he was booked properly.

Last edited: