• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Why the hell did cena win.....and i told ya'll that Jericho was going to win just cause Edge won the rumble doesn't mean anything.

Aleast they got the man event right this year, best match on card, and what class from Taker at the end, good job, props.

Night_Walker

wow. Good thing I didn't buy this. What a complete disappointment...
Must disagree.

I bought Mania 25 and only Undertaker vs Michaels stopped me thinking I'd totally wasted my money - as every other match didn't quite come off or had the wrong winner.

But this year so many matches came off much better, in fact most of them at least came off well without being stunning and a couple where a lot better then I expected, and there was less time wasting.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I'm not sure if WWE would suck more. I mean, they have NXT airing and some of their matches were entertaining, but not as good as any random 5 star tag team matches in TNA.

DragonDance

thrasher
Well, for me, MitB was very average. Also, Swagger taking as long as he did to get the briefcase completely killed the finish for me

The tag match was decent, and had a good finish, but was way too short.

The triple threat was 100% predictable, except maybe for Orton bringing back the punt

Trips vs. Sheamus was boring, and should have had Sheamus win.

Cena vs. Batista was, well... Cena vs. Batista. My expectations for that were already low.

The other two could have been so much better than what they actually were.

Night_Walker

Well, for me, MitB was very average. Also, Swagger taking as long as he did to get the briefcase completely killed the finish for me
It was a solid match and I thought it was more enjoyable then last year's which never clicked for me.

The tag match was decent, and had a good finish, but was way too short.
The tag match was actually pretty good, given how the tag-titles have have been handled lately.

The triple threat was 100% predictable, except maybe for Orton bringing back the punt
And Randy being the winner wrecks the match how?
The performances from all three men were definitely solid and the story they told worked very well.

Trips vs. Sheamus was boring, and should have had Sheamus win.
Er did we watch the same match?
It was a great match, wonderful back and forth wrestling from two guys who're more renowned as brawlers. Sure Sheamus didn't win but he proved he's up there with the very best.

Cena vs. Batista was, well... Cena vs. Batista. My expectations for that were already low.
I was actually surprised with this one, I think it was better then most of us would have expected - but yeah it was a weaker match.

The other two could have been so much better than what they actually were.
Er which 2 of the other 4 you haven't commented on?

Punk vs Mysterio was the dark horse of the night for me, turned out a lot better then I expected it would.

The Divas tag-team match was... well exactly what I expected of it.

Edge vs Jericho was a pretty good match, perhaps not a classic but definitely a lot better then a lot of title matches I've seen before.

Undertaker vs HBK was another classic. I think it was just as good as the first one, sure it had a slowish start but that's exactly how the first one got going. What made them both great was the talent of the two men, especially once it got to the "near-fall after near-fall" stage.

firestar319

The Marauder
I'm really gonna miss Shawn Michaels. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. That farewell speech of his was really moving...

rocky505

God I hate Cena he's had the title too much. I knew edge would have lost for some reason. I see the hart dynasty being the next tag champs after what happened on Raw tonight.

Astus

One thing's for sure, the WWE is currently a much better product than TNA. A much more coherent product. While TNA may have better matches, they're mostly random or end up leading back in a loop. Momentum is lost nonsensically and the promos are garbage for the most part (not to mention the constant face/heel turns and so on). Random assaults 85% of the time are very tedious and the immense time spent on segments is pretty bad. Bischoff is obnoxious and having him on most of the show is unnecessary as much as seeing Hogan and Flair tumble around.
Whilst the WWE isn't perfect and somethings are very annoying, it's far more engaging in my opinion.

firestar319

The Marauder
I just want to be sure about something: Is Randy Orton a face now? IT just seems like it to me since the crowd was behind him WM and he teamed up with Cena on RAW last night and they didn't try to kill each other.

Camcam

I am pretty sure that Orton is in fact a face now. Shame, he was an amazing heel. And once again we are left with fewer good faces. Outside of Sheamus, Punk, and Jericho there really aren't any good heels. I don't think ShowMiz are good heels nor do I think Batista is an amazing heel. Orton and Edge and HHH are great heels, but now they are faces. Maybe HHH could get drafted to SD and turn heel and go after Undertaker for ending HBK's career. Here's hoping. Oh, and Drew McIntyre is a pretty good heel.

firestar319

The Marauder
I am pretty sure that Orton is in fact a face now. Shame, he was an amazing heel. And once again we are left with fewer good faces. Outside of Sheamus, Punk, and Jericho there really aren't any good heels. I don't think ShowMiz are good heels nor do I think Batista is an amazing heel. Orton and Edge and HHH are great heels, but now they are faces. Maybe HHH could get drafted to SD and turn heel and go after Undertaker for ending HBK's career. Here's hoping. Oh, and Drew McIntyre is a pretty good heel.

If Triple H does get drafted to SD, then him going after the Undertaker does sound like a good feud. If such a thing happens, then I would want things to play out differently than with HBK and Batista when HBK ended Flair's career.

Speaking of which, I wonder how this year's WWE draft will play out.

Vernikova

Champion
Seeing Orton turn Face just makes my desire of seeing Heel-Cena ever so stronger.

Personally, I am glad that Shawn is finally gone since I did find his recent obsession with the Undertaker quite annoying.

Recently though, Sheamus has recently been going down from a legitmate opponent to annoying guy. But that's just me.

Night_Walker

If they do Orton right as a face, in a sort of Stone Cold or Trips vein (ie the audience is meant to cheer him, he's a reasonable seeming character, but he'll RKO anyone who messes with him), it could really work- heck he's always been over and at Mania he got some of the biggest pops.
Orton's learnt so much since his last run as a face, he's matured physically and mentally since that time.

But yeah we need something to happen to Cena... title lose or injury take your pick. I still maintain they should have had Batista lay him out after the match as revenge and then had Swagger come and cash in. Lets the Cena-mafia have their moment of feeding Batista to Cena then the company can have a proper champion, and creates a cool angle that could lead to Cena finally turning heel - that of repeatedly losing the title just after getting it.

Undertaker and Shawn were all class at mania, put on a superb match and closed with a wonderful show of sportsmanship.
I'll miss HBK but I think his time was definitely coming, and it's good for him to have gone out on a note like this.

I think Sheamus is actually getting bigger and bigger all the time. He's always been a solid promo cutter and always worked solidly in the ring, but now the feud with Trips is helping to smooth off the rougher edges.
And the Mania match was a great thing for him cause it proved he could hang in there with one of the best on the grandest stage - heck I didn't notice him botch or slightly mis-time anything while several more experienced superstars did.

rocky505

I believe this is Orton's first time being face since 04.

DragonDance

thrasher
It was a solid match and I thought it was more enjoyable then last year's which never clicked for me.
But less enjoyable than the other one I saw, at WM23.

The tag match was actually pretty good, given how the tag-titles have have been handled lately.
Exactly. Perhaps we'll get a real division soon if the Hart Dynasty are indeed getting a push.

And Randy being the winner wrecks the match how?
The performances from all three men were definitely solid and the story they told worked very well.
I never said it did. It was a good match, only that most people could see mostly everything coming.

Er did we watch the same match?
It was a great match, wonderful back and forth wrestling from two guys who're more renowned as brawlers. Sure Sheamus didn't win but he proved he's up there with the very best.
I guess not, but then again, my stream cut out for a bit for a couple minutes during this, so I may have missed something.

I was actually surprised with this one, I think it was better then most of us would have expected - but yeah it was a weaker match.
Admitably I was also surprised by this one.

Er which 2 of the other 4 you haven't commented on?

Punk vs Mysterio was the dark horse of the night for me, turned out a lot better then I expected it would.

Honestly, I can't remember what happened in this one, other than that Rey won :/

The Divas tag-team match was... well exactly what I expected of it.

piss-break match?

Edge vs Jericho was a pretty good match, perhaps not a classic but definitely a lot better then a lot of title matches I've seen before.
I didn't like the finish, but yes, it was a good match, if a little below my expectations from both of them. What happened after the match was cool, too.

Undertaker vs HBK was another classic. I think it was just as good as the first one, sure it had a slowish start but that's exactly how the first one got going. What made them both great was the talent of the two men, especially once it got to the "near-fall after near-fall" stage.

Probably the main/only reason I was as let down by this as I was, was other than the moonsault, they barely utilized the whole "no dq's" stipulation.