• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I can't even be excited for a Punk vs Undertaker match as it's pretty much nailed on to be an Undertaker victory. I'm just curious what would have been the basis of the feud had Paul Bearer not died as Punk seems to be bringing up Paul Bearer far too often for my liking.

psychonerderer

uh... i know its called the wwe thread, but... lets hear ir for bubba dudley, aka bully ray, tna heavyweight champion! i always knew he had it in him. best part is, they didnt even have to break up the dudz. i know marking out for tna can stir up the ****, but wwe can seriously learn from tna how to run tag and cruiserweight divisions. its nice to actually have a wrestling promotion that focuses on developing wrestlers, not movie stars.

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

Jericho trying to order movie tickets from Fandango was hilarious.

Also was it a coincidence Cena had one of the worst segments of the night?

-Raiga-

uh... i know its called the wwe thread, but... lets hear ir for bubba dudley, aka bully ray, tna heavyweight champion! i always knew he had it in him. best part is, they didnt even have to break up the dudz. i know marking out for tna can stir up the ****, but wwe can seriously learn from tna how to run tag and cruiserweight divisions. its nice to actually have a wrestling promotion that focuses on developing wrestlers, not movie stars.

In the meantime WWE can continue to stay relevant and get 3 times the ratings TNA does.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate TNA like most do, but WWE's lofty goals of TRYING to bring you a new product and aiming it at a new audience, is far better then TNA's end goal of "rehash the attitude era and maybe compete with WWE". Bascially TNA doesn't understand that if the wrestling that's existed and been done for 50 years doesn't work, that they actually have to try something new.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
In the meantime WWE can continue to stay relevant and get 3 times the ratings TNA does.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate TNA like most do, but WWE's lofty goals of TRYING to bring you a new product and aiming it at a new audience, is far better then TNA's end goal of "rehash the attitude era and maybe compete with WWE". Bascially TNA doesn't understand that if the wrestling that's existed and been done for 50 years doesn't work, that they actually have to try something new.

and that's why I don't watch TNA. those people need to get out of the 90s. but they have that theory that reviving the Attitude Era will put them over WWE. and like Communism, that theory hasn't panned out

celestial phantom

That Jericho/Fandango segment was one of the better parts of raw. For what we've been having, it was pretty good. Also just let Jericho do what he does, and I will be satisfied. Maybe some of the other talents can learn from Jericho on charisma and being funny from adding their own flare on segments. Jericho segments always brighten my viewing.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The Chris Jericho segment was pretty good. Y2J always makes me smile. Also, did anyone besided me totally predict CM Punk was going to drop the urn when he was tossing it around? I don't know if that was planned or not but hearing him curse and be blerted out did make me chuckle, despite how disrespectful the whole thing was, but I knew it was coming so I was prepared for it. It does make me wonder how the Punk vs Taker feud would have been if this tragedy didn't happen. The Triple H/Paul Heyman/Brock Lesnar segment was alright. The whole "If Triple H loses he loses his career" thing was meh. I was expecting if Triple H loses then Paul Heyman becomes the new chairman of WWE. That would have been a great way to get Vince in on this feud to counter Heyman but whatever. Rock wasn't on again, such a amazing title reign. But at least they aren't throwing Cena and Rock II in our faces like last year. Thank goodness.

Also Booker T is going in the Hall of Fame. Yay!

-Raiga-

Dude watch his match vs. Ricochet in Dragongate, the home based one in Japan. It's a high spot fest really, but it shows what both guys are capable of. It's a close to 10 minute match, and after watching it I realized I went holy **** like 5 times easily. You can easily find it on Youtube like I did.

I've just watched the first two minutes and its the most ridiculous intro to a match I've seen haha. Its more like a circus act then a wrestling match.

Edit: Watched the rest, and it got a lot better towards the end with the slower pace in my opinion. Thanks for the reference!

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I wouldn't say it was disrespectful for Punk to drop the urn. it's not like Paul Bearer's ashes are in it. Really, anything Punk does involving specifically the urn isn't disrespectful because it has nothing to do with Bearer's death and everything to do with his gimmick

celestial phantom

Yeah no problems man, that match is just crazy. Huge spotfest in the beginning, then gets more high flying to the end with some technical stuff in the middle, but it's just a huge spotfest of aerial attacks. Yet, the reason I picked that is for how fast paced and athletic those guys are. Think if a crowd in the WWE saw this type of match on RAW or SmackDown. It'd be insane for one thing, and two it's be pretty damn awesome if they would allow this type of match every so often. well not like this exactly, but a fast paced match with some risk and nicely planned out spots on RAW/SD. The cruiserweights had matches like this a lot with the high flying offense, and of course with the tough road schedule of the E they should totally let the guys involved has a short while off to recover if it did some damage so as not to burn them out. They have enough guys on the roster, it's not like they'd be missed for several days to a week or so.

-Raiga-

Yeah no problems man, that match is just crazy. Huge spotfest in the beginning, then gets more high flying to the end with some technical stuff in the middle, but it's just a huge spotfest of aerial attacks. Yet, the reason I picked that is for how fast paced and athletic those guys are. Think if a crowd in the WWE saw this type of match on RAW or SmackDown. It'd be insane for one thing, and two it's be pretty damn awesome if they would allow this type of match every so often. well not like this exactly, but a fast paced match with some risk and nicely planned out spots on RAW/SD. The cruiserweights had matches like this a lot with the high flying offense, and of course with the tough road schedule of the E they should totally let the guys involved has a short while off to recover if it did some damage so as not to burn them out. They have enough guys on the roster, it's not like they'd be missed for several days to a week or so.

I'm kinda split on whether they should have the cruiserweight division or not. I'm against it because it divides who's can make it to the heavyweight scene and who won't. For instance for at least the first 3 years or so Punk was basically labeled as a "high-flyer" and a face, and I think if the cruiserweight division still existed, someone like him might have been relegated to that for the majority of his career.

With that said, WWE could stand to get a bit looser with their rules on what moves can be done and let the wrestlers do what they want to their body. I remember on the new ECW Zack Ryder was doing Moonsaults and Tiger Bombs....now the most they let him do is a misplaced boot the head.

celestial phantom

Well I'm on the fence about it. Because I look at TNA and their "X-Division" some of their top stars were labeled in that group and broke free of it. I look at their top stars in AJ Styles and Austin Aries who are just so good that they broke free of the label. I have no doubt that given the proper handling, guys like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk would break free of that mold too really. They just would have had to show they are the main event talent they are is how to break free of the mold. Guys like Evan Bourne, Hunico, Justin Gabriel, Primo, Epico would be lucky to really hold titles from time to time. They'll never reach a WWE main event talent, and that's pretty obvious, and would be lucky for a IC/US title run. At best with their current status, they'd be lucky for a tag title run or appearing on TV. Having that Cruiserweight division would get them noticed and on TV and it'd be up to WWE to take notice of the real talent they have there to move on to bigger and better. Jericho/Christian were pretty much in that boat at one point in time. Yet they kept being pushed to move up at times with midcard/upper midcard success. It's all up to how WWE handles them and them to find a way to break the mold when they are ready.

-Raiga-

Well I'm on the fence about it. Because I look at TNA and their "X-Division" some of their top stars were labeled in that group and broke free of it. I look at their top stars in AJ Styles and Austin Aries who are just so good that they broke free of the label. I have no doubt that given the proper handling, guys like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk would break free of that mold too really. They just would have had to show they are the main event talent they are is how to break free of the mold. Guys like Evan Bourne, Hunico, Justin Gabriel, Primo, Epico would be lucky to really hold titles from time to time. They'll never reach a WWE main event talent, and that's pretty obvious, and would be lucky for a IC/US title run. At best with their current status, they'd be lucky for a tag title run or appearing on TV. Having that Cruiserweight division would get them noticed and on TV and it'd be up to WWE to take notice of the real talent they have there to move on to bigger and better. Jericho/Christian were pretty much in that boat at one point in time. Yet they kept being pushed to move up at times with midcard/upper midcard success. It's all up to how WWE handles them and them to find a way to break the mold when they are ready.

That's understandable, but I would say that TNA actually did a good job labeling it the X-division, because people with the height and build of Styles and Kaz are in there, which makes for a larger group of people. Maybe if WWE reimagined the cruiserweight division to entail more people, I would be more open to it.

On a sidenote, I wouldn't put Bourne and Gabriel on that list. Maybe as of right now I would, but before the injury bourne made it to the main event with cena, and gabriel was red hot as the number 2 heel in the nexus.

-Raiga-

Saw bits of smackdown today. I'm glad the company has not lost faith in Fandango.

While its a little ridiculous to have someone like Johnny curtis be in the wrestlemania card and people like kingston on the sidelines, I think its cool that they are having someone debut at mania, against jericho nonetheless. Especially when you factor in the top three matches are absolute abominations of booking.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Saw bits of smackdown today. I'm glad the company has not lost faith in Fandango.

While its a little ridiculous to have someone like Johnny curtis be in the wrestlemania card and people like kingston on the sidelines, I think its cool that they are having someone debut at mania, against jericho nonetheless. Especially when you factor in the top three matches are absolute abominations of booking.

but does that mean that they're gonna make a veteran like Jericho lose to a complete n00b on the ”Grandest Stage of them All"? yuck. WWE treating Jericho like a midcard jobber...

-Raiga-

but does that mean that they're gonna make a veteran like Jericho lose to a complete n00b on the ”Grandest Stage of them All"? yuck. WWE treating Jericho like a midcard jobber...

....Jericho came back to put over talent.

And like I said, this is quite possibly the most forgettable mania in existence, so I don't really think this match matters much in that regard.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
....Jericho came back to put over talent.

I don't see why Jericho would want to do that. if I were him, I would use my veteran status to put myself in some of the more important storylines every now and then. new talent is important, but Jericho's millions of returns to the WWE is undermining is amazing career

Armando Payne

^ Because if he did that he'd be exactly the same as every other person who returns.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

I kind of agree with this. I mean, it's great that Jericho would put over young talent like Jack Swagger and the Shield, but Fandango? The guy is currently a nobody in WWE and just generates heat by not wrestling. I'm not saying he's not a good wrestler, I don't think I have ever seen Johnny Curtis in the ring before, but I find it amusing that two guys could be debuting in Wrestlemania such as Fandango and Big E. and both will probably go over (unless Ziggler gets pinned). I'm sorry, but even though Jericho has become a jobber, I still think he's to big a name to job to someone who's making their debut at mania. Then again this is Fandango's debut and I don't see him losing. I of course am saying all this as a Chris Jericho fan. I just don't want Y2J to start jobbing to any and every wrestler they put in front of him. If they have Fandango beat Jericho at mania, then I expect him to be a big name in WWE and get a early title shot.