• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Har har har, your so incredibly witty and creative. A sport is anything that makes you physically active and that is a game with set rules. Guess what, acting or not thats what wrestling is. By the way, thanks for putting "a sport" in parenthesis, I couldn't have figured out what you meant otherwise...

Three cheers for more ignorant people! If you actually decided to read the rest of the thread, you would realize I just explained this in my last post. Almost any sport has either oily or sweaty men touching each other(basketball, football, MMA, the list goes on), so your point is...?

Now on to the people with comments who actually know what they are talking about.

Well in all fairness, wrestling isn't a sport because there are no set rules. It is all planned ahead: the moves, the timing, everything including who will win. That's kinda why it sucks so bad. It's really bad acting.

Btw, quotation marks aren't used for parenthesis. They are used for speech, quotation, and irony. Things used for parenthesis are brackets, dashes and commas. Also short sentences, lists, exclamations - these can also be used.

I do agree with what you said about ignorant people. Discrimination shouldn't be tolerated anywhere including this forum. Whatever it is: being racist, agist, sectarianist, Islamophobic, or Homophobic - it just shouldn't be done!

Jb

Tsun in the streets
bret,rock,austin,ken shamrock,folley, lesner,goldberg left then they took of kanes mask now the keep reforming DX. they add people like eric ecscabar and dolph ziggler who are complete azz. they have the sterotypical blacks dude name cyrime tyme and last but not least that kids toy that cant enterain with that crap wannabe peoples elbow john cena.

thats why it sucks now atleast we still got HHH Taker and HBK

Last edited:

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Ehh... Only Monday Night RAW is making WWE more worse, IMO. Smackdown and ECW are trying to make things better, TBH.

Professional ninja

hulk-a-maniac
lol the y fudged up on TNA's last PPV lol during the abyss vs foley match ref jumped in taped 1 on right hand then 2 on left hand ref said 2 lol

BigDaddy D

You're on thin ice
Woo, woo, woo = ***, ***, ***

Yes, good job on oh I don't know, actually giving a reason or example why its better other than calling WWE crap would be nice. Just because you don't like the fact that wrestling is scripted doesn't automatically make mma a better product. Both of them are great products, and without a doubt in my mind MMA is still going to be on the rise for quite some time. However what you have to realize is that wrestling goes in patterns, quite some time ago wrestling was popular, then boxing took the majority of its viewers away till the attitude era. I think the same thing is going to happen here, once people inevitably get tired of MMA, they'll accept WWE again.

It is scripted, so it can be considered more like a soap-opera than a sport.

Treeconator11

Ultranumb

I prefer the term "Rope Opera"

I like wrestling, mainly cause it's putting on a show, unlike MMA, which is actually fighting. You have to respect wrestling as sort of an art form though, you go out, trying to beat on your oppenent, and make it look good, but you have to be able to keep them safe enough so you can do it again the next week, it's harder than it looks, you gotta believe it.

DragonDance

thrasher
Yea okay, WWE is a shell of what it was even as much as 4 years ago, but TNA isn't any better. They always somehow find a way to ruin everything they do that seems good.

ROH is where it's at, but of course I don't get any of that here.

Also, MMA exists. But they need real judges. (see: Machida vs. Shogun last saturday)

-Raiga-

Well in all fairness, wrestling isn't a sport because there are no set rules. It is all planned ahead: the moves, the timing, everything including who will win. That's kinda why it sucks so bad. It's really bad acting.

I know what you mean, but that doesn't change the fact that wrestling does have rules within of its written parts. Such as pinning shoulders down for three count, and that grabbing the rope forces your opponent out of a submission. Keep in mind wrestling is based off of Greco-Roman wrestling, profesional or not.

Btw, quotation marks aren't used for parenthesis. They are used for speech, quotation, and irony. Things used for parenthesis are brackets, dashes and commas. Also short sentences, lists, exclamations - these can also be used.

They are called quotation marks, because they are used for quoting something, which is exactly what I did. Perhaps I still should have put the parenthesis in there, but teaching an english lesson wasn't the point I was trying to make.

For the third time I will expain what I wrote again. A series like lost is scripted, but that does not make a soap opera now does it? Nor does having drama instantly make something a soap opera. I really wish people who complain about wrestling would have more creative reasons than either.

A) Wrestling gay and its just sweaty guys wrestling each other
B) Wrestling is a soap opera.
C) Wrestling is fake and MMA rules!

Yea okay, WWE is a shell of what it was even as much as 4 years ago, but TNA isn't any better. They always somehow find a way to ruin everything they do that seems good.

ROH is where it's at, but of course I don't get any of that here.

A shell of what it once was? Need I remind you that despite what you remember of The Rock and Stone cold(who weren't exactly the greatest athletes), the attitude era had FAR worse things than what happens now. I mean, scotty too hotty, grand master sexy, Al Snow(he was decent, but still), and many more people are what cause people to demean wrestling to what most people think of it as, something that is all drama. Every person on that list could really only cut a promo, and they were lucky since the writers gave them good material.

I mean, look at how people like Road Dogg go to TNA as "BG James", and the second they get crappy material to use you realize they have no talent what so ever.

I've watched PWG, but not ROH. So I can sort of comment on it a bit as they are pretty similar. I would say no matter how good their wrestling is though, every wrestler knows they have to go to TNA or WWE to make it big. Just look at Nigel Mcguiness and Bryan Danielson, both left for TNA and WWE respectively, and they are some of the most well know wrestlers in the world(outside of japan I suppose).

Don Pachi

Banned
I watch bits of it and it seems kind of cheesy. Example:Like when that black old guy got in his 'limo' he relized it was the undertakers car limo.

For the third time I will expain what I wrote again. A series like lost is scripted, but that does not make a soap opera now does it? Nor does having drama instantly make something a soap opera. I really wish people who complain about wrestling would have more creative reasons than either.

I can't find the correct term for it, so I'm using soap opera for now.

The fights are scripted, so it isn't a competitive sport.
The scripts suck.

Night_Walker

I have to be honest in saying that I don't think people give Cena enough credit. The majority of the wrestling he does he does good, and I personally think its more WWE pushing him to do only the selection of moves he does in each match. If you look at his "I quit" match with JBL it shows he is very capable, and certainly he can get it done on the microphone better than many people.
I think Cena's good run was when he was fighting JBL all those years ago. Since then he hasn't really evolved as a wrestler, ie few new moves and hasn't really polished his current offence, nor has his program (I mean seriously aside from a few months here and there he's just been going for the World Title).

To me Cena is all about power, there's no technical skill in his work (especially when you compare him to most of the people he's feuded with, especially second generation wrestlers who are naturally more gifted then a first generation wrestler). So much of his offence is about emphasising how strong he is, finesse is perfectly acceptable too.
My chief complaint about him is that he can't sell, people like Orton HBK and HHH will get a 'second wind' and hit the moves they need to hit to win a match even after taking a ton of punishment, but they'll still show that an area that's been worked over is hurting. When Cena fought HBK at Mania several years ago HBK worked over his right leg for like 15minutes, not only did Cena not sell it when he got his second wind he wasn't selling it after the match and that's not a one of thing with him.

His mic work these days is pretty meh in my opinion considering his idea of being intense is just yelling. Whereas people like Edge, HHH, Orton they change their tone of voice for different effects (eg ice cold to show contempt or dropping to low and quiet to be threatening) as well as yell.

Sheltons one of my favorite wrestlers(and I think J.R. calling him possibly the best pure athlete may not be far off), and I think he does still have what it takes to be as good of a champion on ECW as Matt Hardy was, but I think WWE really dropped the ball with him when he was in his absolute prime with charlie haas.
Shelton is by far and away the best pure athlete in the WWE, I have yet to see anyone who can do half the things he can (Evan and Kofi are probably as close as you'll get). And the other thing is that he's not just able to do the freaking spots he's famous for he's also an extremely solid mat wrestler.
They certainly dropped the ball, but then Shelton has stuffed up in the past too (been in the doghouse for having the wrong attitude) so it's not all management's fault.

Which is probably for the better. There is no doubt in my mind he needed to get the jamaican gimmick when he started(as he has came a long way since he started in both promos and wrestling). However I also though that Kofi had what it took to be the next rock or cena, and if they manage to get both Randy over as heel while getting Kofi over to the main event scene right now I think he has that opportunity.
Kofi's gimmick definitely needs changing if he's going to become a main-eventer. The Jamaican one was fun and all but it's a mid-carder's gimmick, not a main-eventer.
I'm still not sure if Kofi's gonna be the next Rock, cause the Rock was probably a one of a kind guy (not to mention one of those pure naturals as a Third Generation wrestler), I think the next 'big' guy in the company who isn't an established main-eventer is Morrison.

But they do need to push Randy now to make up for wrecking yet another of his title runs. The problem for Randy is that he's at a stage where he can't go back to "The Legend Killer" gimmick cause he's no longer the brash young up-and-comer.
"The Viper" just doesn't seem like a good gimmick or one that really works. I'd advocate something like one of HHH's old heel gimmicks, cause I think that'd fit best.

I myself am one of the few who like the idea of the Guest hosts, its just too bad they are handling it in the wrong way. Certainly hosts who have nothing to do with wrestling or even remotely watch it doesn't help. But I think the problem is that people watch wrestling to get into the storylines and forget about what else is going on. Then once someone from the real world comes in it sort of ruins what they had going. However thats just my personal opinion.
Gotta say I want the idea to end. It does interrupt the flow of storylines, instead of a steady flowing storyline it's just a show a week with less connection to others then there was in the past. Plus too many of the guest hosts are basically faces, I think we've only had like 1 heel guest host in the whole run of the concept (Dusty did set up John but he was basically a face for the whole show).

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
Im really pissed off... Haow in any fucking way can The Miz beat John Morrison? The Miz isn't good enough to tie up Morrisons boots, Morrison will rule to WWE within 5 years, and the Miz will either be sucking in the Tag team division, or completely out of the WWE...

Night_Walker

Im really pissed off... Haow in any fucking way can The Miz beat John Morrison? The Miz isn't good enough to tie up Morrisons boots, Morrison will rule to WWE within 5 years, and the Miz will either be sucking in the Tag team division, or completely out of the WWE...

I must confess I thought it was a bit of a curve ball they threw with Miz getting the win rather then Morrison. I expected Smackdown to win Bragging Rights (though I wasn't aware that the "bragging rights" was gained with a 2 out of 3 or better from the inter-brand matches) but I sorta expected the RAW Divas to win with Smackdown winning the male matches.

My main complaint, aside from the typical "Show screws his brand/manager/whatever over for a world title shot" angle (he's done it SO many times), was that the tag match wasn't an elimination tag team match (like the usual Survivor Series ones).
Cause they could have easily done a tag match with 5 on each team or less, instead of this 7 on 7 nonsense that was bound to lead to chaos.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
WWE is only going to get worse because they are marketing their product at tweens, try watching TNA if you want to see something remotely decent.

Night_Walker

WWE is only going to get worse because they are marketing their product at tweens, try watching TNA if you want to see something remotely decent.

Having looked at WWE and TNA I have to say I prefer the WWE.

TNA has some excellent talent (AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley, etc) and turns out some awesome matches but their story-lines are basically at the same level.
In short they're pretty much just like the WWE; you can't really be sure what you're going to get from week to week. I prefer the WWE because I'm more familiar with their storylines and roster.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL

I personally think that TNA has better in-ring action and wrestlers, but I think that the storylines are worse in TNA, a lot of the time they make no sense, but I'm happy that Angel is no longer a heel, I like him so much, I think he plays 'the good guy' a lot better. Him and Morgon should make a tag-team.

-Raiga-

Gotta say I want the idea to end. It does interrupt the flow of storylines, instead of a steady flowing storyline it's just a show a week with less connection to others then there was in the past. Plus too many of the guest hosts are basically faces, I think we've only had like 1 heel guest host in the whole run of the concept (Dusty did set up John but he was basically a face for the whole show).

I agree with you completely, it does need to end, I just thought the idea HAD potential. If they just stick with WWE legends for hosts like Dibiase and Dusty I think they could make it great, but Jeremy Piven won't cut it.

Also keep in mind that Sgt. Slaughter put on one of the best heel performances when they were in canada. And, if it really counts I suppose Jeremy piven did a heel turn on Cena when he said he was a fan of orton and "attacked" cena.

I personally think that TNA has better in-ring action and wrestlers, but I think that the storylines are worse in TNA, a lot of the time they make no sense, but I'm happy that Angel is no longer a heel, I like him so much, I think he plays 'the good guy' a lot better. Him and Morgon should make a tag-team.

I don't agree with better in ring action, but maybe wrestlers. The reason I disagree with in ring action is just that, there is too much action. There really isn't a well built flow in a match like you see in WWE or PWG. The wrestlers perform some crazy moves for seemingly no reason. However I just watched TNA for the first time last week in a few monthes and I have to say their idea for Desmond Wolfe was great, and has me much more excited for Nigel mcguiness than I would have if he went to wwe like originally planned.

Last edited: