• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

-Raiga-

Yeah, especially the lack of a triple threat makes no sense to me. Because if Punk isn't the draw that Cena is(which he probably isn't most of the time, but definitely was then), then what would it hurt to add him to the match when both of the big draws are already in it? I know for some reason I've seen some people say they don't like triple threat main events at mania, but I have no issue with them when the triangle dynamic works. Which it would in that case. Also WM 20's main event was one of the best in history, even with the the feel good finish aside, it was just a damn good match.

Also in 20/20 hindsight, just think of the prospect of no lesnar/HHH ******** feud, and instead getting the Lesnar/Taker match out of the way a year earlier? With a possibility of taker not getting the concussion, and Lesnar's status being further harmed simply by being in a match with HHH, it would have been great imo.

ger9119

Yeah, especially the lack of a triple threat makes no sense to me. Because if Punk isn't the draw that Cena is(which he probably isn't most of the time, but definitely was then), then what would it hurt to add him to the match when both of the big draws are already in it? I know for some reason I've seen some people say they don't like triple threat main events at mania, but I have no issue with them when the triangle dynamic works. Which it would in that case. Also WM 20's main event was one of the best in history, even with the the feel good finish aside, it was just a damn good match.

Also in 20/20 hindsight, just think of the prospect of no lesnar/HHH ******** feud, and instead getting the Lesnar/Taker match out of the way a year earlier? With a possibility of taker not getting the concussion, and Lesnar's status being further harmed simply by being in a match with HHH, it would have been great imo.

And if they still did Triple H vs Lesnar we could've got Team Hell No/Taker vs The Shield

Triple H vs. Lesnar
Shield vs Taker and Team Hell No
John Cena vs. CM Punk vs. The Rock

Sounds like an amazing card to me.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I would have rather have gotten a streak vs streak match between CM Punk vs The Undertaker. CM Punk ended up facing the Undertaker that year anyway didn't he? Best match of the night if I remember correctly.

So many things you could do with CM Punk vs Undertaker. If CM Punk were to win, he would have gotten so much heat for ending the streak. People were already getting sick of him whining as champion. Could you imagine how insufferable he would have been if he had beaten the Undertaker as well? I think people would have hated that more than Brock Lesnar ending it. Plus Punk wouldn't be showing up once every 4 months to follow up on it.

Of course, you could still have the Undertaker win it, that's not a problem. Consider it one last title run or something, he doesn't have to defend it all the time, or even show up to every show. Just give him one or two title defences before moving it onto the next guy.

Basically, I'm still mad that I never got to see an actual streak vs streak that mattered in the WWE.

Laser Shuckle

Well here's something insanely stupid even by WWE standards; Apparently they don't want Seth doing the curb stomp anymore. I honestly can't believe this... This is like taking the RKO away from Orton. First they strip Cesaro of the giant swing, then Barrett's bad news schtick, and now this... God forbid anyone manages to get over.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well here's something insanely stupid even by WWE standards; Apparently they don't want Seth doing the curb stomp anymore. I honestly can't believe this... This is like taking the RKO away from Orton. First they strip Cesaro of the giant swing, then Barrett's bad news schtick, and now this... God forbid anyone manages to get over.

To be fair, if you're getting over purely because of one move (which until we saw Rollins do that phoenix splash thingy was all that really separated him from anyone else) then you're not gonna win over many people unless you get a massive push or have insanely wyatt-ey esque mic skills. Seriously though, if Rollins loses the Curb Stomp then what is he gonna use to finish people? Everyone in the main card uses power moves to finish people, and barring Kofi the "lifespan" of high-flyers in WWE is scarily short. Unless he starts adapting some bs submission it's basically GG for him.

-Raiga-

I can understand banning the curb stomp, honestly the first time I seen him do the move I told myself "wonder how long till this gets banned". So that doesn't annoy me. But it just bring up two great questions.

1. Why the hell did they wait until Rollins and the move became synonymous with each other, and even further directly after he used the move to win the goddang title at their biggest event?! You could not POSSIBLY pick a worse time to ban it. Even if he can use it in certain approved situations, it still hurts him in a big way.

2. Just what IS WWE's policy on moves that target the head? You can use the sweet chin music, but not the punt kick. You can use the bull hammer, but not the curb stomp. The list goes on. The confusing part isn't that certain moves are banned, but there seems to be no pattern to it, like whether it's dependant on being a face bump, or if it's the amount of force by the user. The list is just random.

All I can say is Sami Zayn, you better not get too attached to the helluva kick...

Mye

Someone has to win..
I can understand banning the curb stomp, honestly the first time I seen him do the move I told myself "wonder how long till this gets banned". So that doesn't annoy me. But it just bring up two great questions.

1. Why the hell did they wait until Rollins and the move became synonymous with each other, and even further directly after he used the move to win the goddang title at their biggest event?! You could not POSSIBLY pick a worse time to ban it. Even if he can use it in certain approved situations, it still hurts him in a big way.

2. Just what IS WWE's policy on moves that target the head? You can use the sweet chin music, but not the punt kick. You can use the bull hammer, but not the curb stomp. The list goes on. The confusing part isn't that certain moves are banned, but there seems to be no pattern to it, like whether it's dependant on being a face bump, or if it's the amount of force by the user. The list is just random.

All I can say is Sami Zayn, you better not get too attached to the helluva kick...

To be fair, at least Zayn has like 8 other submissions and that powerbomb thingy he can use. Hell, if they want to be original they can give him the lucky-13 now that Corey Graves is no longer able to use it.

-Raiga-

Honestly I'd rather he uses a different finisher. The helluva kick is a great "almost 3 count" signature move like Randy's hangman ddt, but it just doesn't feel like a "the match has ended" move to me.

ger9119

Never liked the curb stomp anyways, the set up on it was horrible only a few guys made it look legit (Ziggler, Lesnar) the rest just stood there waiting for him to hit it or oversold it (Cena) . Ehhh, I love the helluva kick, if he doesn't use that as his finish they can use the Blue Thunder Bomb which is just as awesome. Speaking of NXT the special in a few weeks, Owens/Zayn 2 and the big triple threat match also which i think Hideo wins. Wouldn't mind Itami beating Owens for the belt either, I think he will use the GTS at the live special it will be like Kenta Kobahashi using the Burning Hammer in special matches they can also do this for Rollins with the curb stomp. Rollins new move looks alot like Dirty Deeds meets scorpion death drop, it's still the same face bump as a curb stomp so i don't think they banned it but more so told him to use something else and save curb stomp for later matches.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

So for the past few months every time someone said "Lucha Underground iz da best", the arrogant fanboy in me said "they just like it because it's not WWE and they want to feel special"....

AND THEN I WATCHED LUCHA F'ing UNDERGROUND. It really is everything people have said about it. It's operating at a whole different level than the other promotions right now, probably for a fraction of the cost too.

Unfortunately I don't have cable now, so I have to use the internet for all wrestling related things. Which, with WWE isn't a problem because they don't have exciting segments right now, and if they do, they post them on their youtube. As for LU, they seem to be really smart in the way they pick the matches they upload, but they still pick quality ones. The Johnny mundo/King Cuerno cage fight has to be the best cage match I've seen for instance.

Might be worth making a separate thread for it if(and I hope) they get a second season.

Edit:Holy crud, I reached 2500 posts, and the sad part is literally 500 of them, bare minimum are from this thread!

ger9119

So for the past few months every time someone said "Lucha Underground iz da best", the arrogant fanboy in me said "they just like it because it's not WWE and they want to feel special"....

AND THEN I WATCHED LUCHA F'ing UNDERGROUND. It really is everything people have said about it. It's operating at a whole different level than the other promotions right now, probably for a fraction of the cost too.

Unfortunately I don't have cable now, so I have to use the internet for all wrestling related things. Which, with WWE isn't a problem because they don't have exciting segments right now, and if they do, they post them on their youtube. As for LU, they seem to be really smart in the way they pick the matches they upload, but they still pick quality ones. The Johnny mundo/King Cuerno cage fight has to be the best cage match I've seen for instance.

Might be worth making a separate thread for it if(and I hope) they get a second season.

Edit:Holy crud, I reached 2500 posts, and the sad part is literally 500 of them, bare minimum are from this thread!

I feel we should just change this to the Wrestling thread, since a lot of us are watching different promotions and bring it up on here. I watched the most recent NJPW event, Nakamura lost the IC title to Hiroki Goto :(

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!

FINALLY, another believer!

Watching it only showed me just how bad the WWE has become with their storytelling, matches and how they portray the wrestlers. I honestly believe that if the WWE wanted to put on the best show ever, they could. They just aren't even trying anymore.

If you ever get the chance to watch Grave Consequences, between Mil Muertes and Fenix, I highly recommend it. I watched that match around the same time Daniel Bryan and Kane had their casket match. There is no question on which one was the better casket match.

I feel we should just change this to the Wrestling thread, since a lot of us are watching different promotions and bring it up on here. I watched the most recent NJPW event, Nakamura lost the IC title to Hiroki Goto :(

Someone should message a mod or something to ask them to rename it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So the Bellas are babyfaces now right? When they got attacked by Naomi and Tamina, the crowd booed them. So they must be babyfaces. Now that Naomi is a serious heel, can she get a better finisher to replace that stupid rear view finisher? It's dumb and anybody who gets pinned by that move looks dumb.

As far as RAW goes I did enjoy some stuff. King Barret was good. Seeing Sami Zane battle John Cena was cool, and even though he lost he put on quite a show. It reminded me of 2002 when Cena lost to Angle but made a impression. Lana is slowly turning face and will probably split from Rusev at some point. But two major things I did enjoy about this RAW. Number 1 was the New Day victory. I loved that they celebrated all through RAW even as the crowd heckles them. New Day as this heel team is entertaining. The second was Dean Ambrose getting a win and now getting a title shot. My only thing is if you are going to have a Shield Triple Threat at next years mania, why spoil it here? I mean sure Randy Orton's in this match too, but still all Shield members going for the belt. I would have thought they'd save it for a mania. Oh well, maybe plans changed.

I also got a chuckle out of R-Truth's fear of spiders. I don't blame the guy. They freak me out as well. And finally I'll say this. If WWE ever gets the courage to turn John Cena heel one day or let him be more edgy, I can't wait to see Cena insult the crowd. That will be a RAW to remember should it ever happen.

ger9119

I think Naomi should use that ground head scissors move she does as her main finish, like the pairing of her and Tamina. Could we see the Usos turn since they mentioned the family ties between the two. With Kidd/Cesaro building up some face momentum, turning the Usos heel works.

Found it funny that they cheered and booed Ryback turning his promo which was actually a good promo, but when Wyatt was doing his routine repeated stuff not a single boring chant. I think Wyatt goes over clean to make him look strong but match wise it should be great.

I enjoyed Raw top to bottom, some really good matches throughout from New Day vs. Orton/Reigns , Rollins/Ambrose , Cena/Zayn. They aren't spoiling a shield triple threat, they need someone to take the fall thats not Orton or Reigns and adding Ambrose brings more interest and a push that will lead him to winning MITB. They can still do a triple threat between the three Shield guys and it will still draw. The R-truth/Stardust feud shouldn't be on Raw and should be featured as low level show thing (Superstars/Main Event).

Ambrose getting a push like i've been saying on here is good for him, he's over and he's ready to take the next step up the main event card. Them bringing in Bret to put over Zayn before his match shows how much they value Sami, while having him look great against Cena and kicking out of the AA was awesome. He put on a great match, and i personally marked for when he made his entrance.

Loving the idea of a Fatal 4 Way for the title, should be a great match. Rusev won't quit against Cena, Lana will show concern for him and throw in the towel to protect Rusev and that will turn her face while keeping him strong.

Last edited:

celestial phantom

Nothing wrong with making a Fatal 4 Way involving all former SHIELD members, and I'm enjoying they actually are letting Dean in the match, though he'll probably be the one to take the pin, but nothing better than building up some tension, and reminding people all along for the next possible year we could end up with these guys main eventing Mania, if things work out.

I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming or in an alternate WWE Universe at the start of the show, because I mean c'mon who would have actually guessed that the Tag Team Champs would actually go over the mixed random pairing of two upper card guys? We don't get that normally, so it was cool to see.

Outside the R-Truth vs Stardust repeat...again, which even with plastic/fake spiders, seemed really stupid to me. But, it was a solid show, not all grand, but was decent. I really liked the hype for Sami, and damn injury bugs, since it seems he did get some legit shoulder injury from that match. I will make the prediction, Heath Slater is gonna be the guy who wins that US title off Cena. He's gonna lose his opportunities each week, but when he finally manages it, he's gonna be the guy who wins it through some shenanigans, and we'll never hear the end of it. Though, I kind of wanted Bret to actually opt to wrestle Cena last night too, and show Cena how you apply submissions and stuff, before winning the title, and taking it away from Cena.

ger9119

Nothing wrong with making a Fatal 4 Way involving all former SHIELD members, and I'm enjoying they actually are letting Dean in the match, though he'll probably be the one to take the pin, but nothing better than building up some tension, and reminding people all along for the next possible year we could end up with these guys main eventing Mania, if things work out.

I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming or in an alternate WWE Universe at the start of the show, because I mean c'mon who would have actually guessed that the Tag Team Champs would actually go over the mixed random pairing of two upper card guys? We don't get that normally, so it was cool to see.

Outside the R-Truth vs Stardust repeat...again, which even with plastic/fake spiders, seemed really stupid to me. But, it was a solid show, not all grand, but was decent. I really liked the hype for Sami, and damn injury bugs, since it seems he did get some legit shoulder injury from that match. I will make the prediction, Heath Slater is gonna be the guy who wins that US title off Cena. He's gonna lose his opportunities each week, but when he finally manages it, he's gonna be the guy who wins it through some shenanigans, and we'll never hear the end of it. Though, I kind of wanted Bret to actually opt to wrestle Cena last night too, and show Cena how you apply submissions and stuff, before winning the title, and taking it away from Cena.

Sami hurt his shoulder durning the first Owens match or the taping after it. He hasn't wrestled much the past two months or so, he rehurt it durning his entrance.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Hopefully this doesn't affect takeover, they've been giving him a lot of rest to get better since april.

Yeah, I want Owens to retain the belt, and he probably will since Sami proved he can be big on the main roster. But I definitely don't want him to be injured at any time.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, it's kinda a weird thing with Zayn. If he ends up becoming the next DB, I'm pretty sure the audience will not be able to handle it especially since both were/are capable of being huge main eventers. That, and with how packed the mid-card is (excluding potential NXT call ups) they'd have a hard time fitting him in with all the good talent that's there.