• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

celestial phantom

Hopefully the injury thing is minor, and things just keep going up. I mean look at how many times BNB's been injured and they at least keep trying a bit each time he comes back to push him up, until he gets injured again sadly. Talent doesn't get to the main event overnight, and I think with doing the smart thing and letting Sami go out there live in front of his hometown, and with NXT becoming such a bigger product, Sami and Neville both have a pretty good start. I'm actually enjoying how they've played up both men as big deals in NXT and show that in the transition to the main roster for their matches so far. I know last night I marked out when Sami pulled out the Koji Clutch and Blue Thunder Bomb, and Cole actually got the move names right, to the point I actually yelled out a bit, "BY GAWD COLE, YOU CALLED A MOVE RIGHT.....TWICE!" Even if he doesn't rise to the main event, I'm sure he'd be a welcome addition to the midcard if they actually devoted time to it and developed organic feuds just over titles or really got into the hate of each other.

As far as the next NXT special, I do hope that Owens wins, and despite his loss Sami realizes that NXT is full of great talent, and he lost to one of the best, and wants to continue fighting great talent....on RAW and Smackdown against other great WWE talent, and that he'll be coming to show them to fear the wave of guys ready to step up from NXT, or something like that. Ya know big fish jumping from a small pond to a bigger ocean.

ger9119

Yeah, it's kinda a weird thing with Zayn. If he ends up becoming the next DB, I'm pretty sure the audience will not be able to handle it especially since both were/are capable of being huge main eventers. That, and with how packed the mid-card is (excluding potential NXT call ups) they'd have a hard time fitting him in with all the good talent that's there.

Daniel Bryan won't be around for the 7-10 years, Sami Zayn will. Also they can fit him in just fine, he's a special talent that will find room on the show. Midcard faces will be losing time in favor of Sami.

Last edited:

celestial phantom

So after catching up on the last few NXT eps, and the latest one that aired tonight, I'm psyched for the next special if Zayn will be able to wrestle. Sasha and Becky is a refreshing thing for the Divas picture, can't wait to see if Enzo and Cass get a run with the tag titles, a good #1 contender triple threat (Finn is the obvious to win, but if they swerved Hideo, that'd be interesting), and looks like their actually gonna give Corbin a match that lasts longer than like 2 minutes, and it isn't against Bull, but RHYNO. I will never get tired of seeing Rhyno around, and am glad to be able to watch him on NXT at least, it feels so weird to know that I started watching him back in ECW so long ago as a 5 year old, and come a good 15-16 years I get to watch him again with WWE in some capacity.

Also, best thing about being caught up, is watching the somewhat vignette for Uhaa showing up on NXT soon, they aren't wasting time getting him onto NXT, so that's something else to be psyched about. Next thing I know they'll have Moose from ROH signed and down there too, lol.

ger9119

So after catching up on the last few NXT eps, and the latest one that aired tonight, I'm psyched for the next special if Zayn will be able to wrestle. Sasha and Becky is a refreshing thing for the Divas picture, can't wait to see if Enzo and Cass get a run with the tag titles, a good #1 contender triple threat (Finn is the obvious to win, but if they swerved Hideo, that'd be interesting), and looks like their actually gonna give Corbin a match that lasts longer than like 2 minutes, and it isn't against Bull, but RHYNO. I will never get tired of seeing Rhyno around, and am glad to be able to watch him on NXT at least, it feels so weird to know that I started watching him back in ECW so long ago as a 5 year old, and come a good 15-16 years I get to watch him again with WWE in some capacity.

Also, best thing about being caught up, is watching the somewhat vignette for Uhaa showing up on NXT soon, they aren't wasting time getting him onto NXT, so that's something else to be psyched about. Next thing I know they'll have Moose from ROH signed and down there too, lol.

I think it's fairly obvious Hideo wins, he's the only one in that match who hasn't gotten a title match. Also it feels like there's nothing left for Breeze and Balor to do on NXT and should be moved up especially with Balor whose probably pretty frustrated being down there still when he gave up such a big spot in Japan, while Hideo still has that Owens match that needs to happen and it gives him more time to work on adjusting to America. This match will be the best match of the night.

This match with Rhyno is pretty important for Corbin's career. He's been more protected than even Reigns was with the Shield, and no one knows if he's any good and it's with an established vet so if he can't deliver the good i can see his character going flat for awhile while he gets better. If the match flops it will be on Corbin, and I can see him getting the negative reaction from the NXT crowd leading to a heel turn

Enzo and Cass must win the titles, Blake and Murphy just are pretty boring and generic. Enzo and Cass are so entertaining.

Both divas matches on the show look good, and have been presented well. I think their working on feuds down in NXT since Vince doesn't see women as draws except as eye candy.

Sami Zayn vs. Owens has been good, but with Zayn's status in question who knows how this could go. It was obvious Owens will win, and if they do the match and zayn's not 100% i can this being a fairly quick dominate match.

Uhaa is great, and he'll be a big part of the next crop of international guys to make an impact on NXT ( Don't really consider him, balor, itami as indy guys) , think we'll be seeing ACH and Samoa Joe also but they should sign Adam Cole and Zack Sabre Jr both of those guys have world champion written on them and will be two of the best guys since they can't get Okada or Nakamura from NJPW a longshot would be picking up Kota Ibushi . Moose just signed with GFW and will still be working ROH so that won't happen plus he's still pretty green.

Last edited:

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
when Bailey started to help Emma back up after the match on NXT I was thinking it had to be a setup. and I was not disappointed. didn't understand Charlotte pulling Bailey off during the beatdown really because it was well deserved and Emma had it coming. her presence post-match wasn't needed at all, she should of just walked to the back and let Bailey get her shots in and out of her system.

ger9119

Oh, I bet he doesn't. He's out 6-8 MONTHS.

Crap, Just saw the news story. This sucks. NXT taking big blow with Zayn, Itami and Riley all hurt at once. Still think Zayn wrestles Owens, because now both featured matches lost big components and Sami's is less bad so he'll be on show. Maybe they throw Uhaa Nation into the triple threat, can say it's apart of his contract he signed.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, it's amazing how a single week can go from being the best WWE has to offer for one of the most awkward things. Kenta going down to injury for that long is a HUGE shot in the foot for not only NXT but WWE in general, as it not only completely destroys the NXT title picture (noone wants to see Owens face Fergal Devitt/Tyler Breeze) but also at least pushes him out of any sort of Royal Rumble buildup which is just a letdown. I don't want to say that it forces WWE's hand as far as pushes are concerned, but barring Rhyno there is no legitimate contender to Owens right now left in NXT.

ger9119

Yeah, it's amazing how a single week can go from being the best WWE has to offer for one of the most awkward things. Kenta going down to injury for that long is a HUGE shot in the foot for not only NXT but WWE in general, as it not only completely destroys the NXT title picture (noone wants to see Owens face Fergal Devitt/Tyler Breeze) but also at least pushes him out of any sort of Royal Rumble buildup which is just a letdown. I don't want to say that it forces WWE's hand as far as pushes are concerned, but barring Rhyno there is no legitimate contender to Owens right now left in NXT.

Baron Corbin
Soloman Crowe
Tyler Breeze
Finn Balor
Rhyno
Brian Kendrick
Big Cass
Samoa Joe
Uhaa Nation
Kalisto/Sin Cara

They legit have plenty of options, the title picture doesn't revolve around three guys. Corbin hasn't lost except for that Neville match, Crowe is also credible. Breeze/Balor are easy to put in those spots. Established vets like Rhyno and Kendrick can also be used. Big Cass is a sleeper option for a quick match. Samoa Joe if he signs is instantly fit for that role. Uhaa Nation is already credible enough to be in line for a title match. They can also have Kalisto or Sin Cara wrestle a match also. So right there that's 11 guys. Do you watch the product or just read spoilers fast? Cause any of those guys can be booked into a match with owens and make sense. It's not like Owens is Brock Lesnar or anything lmao.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Baron Corbin
Soloman Crowe- Too new
Tyler Breeze- not in this lifetime
Finn Balor- already saw
Rhyno
Brian Kendrick- meh
Big Cass- because he isn't winning the NXT tag titles?
Samoa Joe- Not actually in NXT yet
Uhaa Nation- Not actually in NXT yet
Kalisto/Sin Cara- LOL

They legit have plenty of options, the title picture doesn't revolve around three guys. Corbin hasn't lost except for that Neville match, Crowe is also credible. Breeze/Balor are easy to put in those spots. Established vets like Rhyno and Kendrick can also be used. Big Cass is a sleeper option for a quick match. Samoa Joe if he signs is instantly fit for that role. Uhaa Nation is already credible enough to be in line for a title match. They can also have Kalisto or Sin Cara wrestle a match also. So right there that's 11 guys. Do you watch the product or just read spoilers fast? Cause any of those guys can be booked into a match with owens and make sense. It's not like Owens is Brock Lesnar or anything lmao.

Yeah, in order to look like an actual threat to the title they need a contender with prior buildup (which itami had). Out of all of these guys, Rhyno is the only actual threat due to their styles fitting so well together as well as Rhyno having an almost Ryback-ey undefeated streak there. Also, do you even watch WWE? (Figured I'd toss that in, seeing as you use it whenever you're bested in an argument ;) )

ger9119

Yeah, in order to look like an actual threat to the title they need a contender with prior buildup (which itami had). Out of all of these guys, Rhyno is the only actual threat due to their styles fitting so well together as well as Rhyno having an almost Ryback-ey undefeated streak there. Also, do you even watch WWE? (Figured I'd toss that in, seeing as you use it whenever you're bested in an argument ;) )

How was i bested in an argument? Pretty sure Rhyno lost to Sami Zayn, so you're wrong and he has no undefeated streak on NXT. Corbin however has only lost to Neville on taped shows, and even then that wasn't clean and overall he's been dominate and was undefeated for awhile up until that point and has been built strong since then. So if Corbin doesn't look like a threat to Owens i don't know how you think Rhyno looks any better. Their in ring styles don't bring anything to the argument, if thats the case Zayn isn't a threat to Owens. Breeze and Balor both have had title matches, and have been booked strong so they can be credible challengers. Your argument is Rhyno has a style similar to him and beat three jobbers and lost to Zayn so he's the only legit threat that's really stupid. Corbin, Breeze and Balor are all far better options for Owens after this Zayn stuff is over. I'll even include Crowe in there as he's faced tougher opponents than Rhyno and hasn't lost yet (won't include upcoming spoilers). And before you bring up what Rhyno has done in the past that doesn't make him instantly better than anyone else, because than Jason Albert or Regal may as well challenge Owens.

You LOL at Kalisto but he's won NXT gold and has looked credible on NXT and on the main shows, Uhaa Nation is in NXT if you watched any of it at all you would've seen he signed his contract on the show in a backstage segment with Regal. Why wouldn't Breeze count as viable? He's beaten Itami multiple times and he's been built as a contender numerous times. Balor/Owens still has more life in it too. Your logic with Big Cass also kills your Rhyno argument since he's fighting Corbin. Crowe is too new but Rhyno just came back what makes him credible when he got beat clean by Zayn and hasn't beaten anyone relevent. I clearly watch a lot more WWE/NXT than you do since you don't realize any of this and think Rhyno is the only legit guy on that roster.

[video=youtube;pldDOzWSQyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pldDOzWSQyk[/video]

Since you don't watch the show here you go. And before you go oh he's too new not credible arguement with Uhaa, pretty sure Owens signed and won the title within the first two months of him being with WWE. This big name guys like Crowe, Uhaa don't need six months of build up to be considered a threat with the NXT fanbase.

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

Well I don't watch nxt myself but I'd imagine 2 months of buildup on NXT would mean more than 6 months of management phoning it in on the main shows. (Big Show vs Reigns anyone?) Hell, outside of Brock Lesnar the last 6 months of WWE have been an absolute blur for me. Seth is boring as champ, Sheamus SHOULD be top heel but instead is now floating around in midcard purgatory, and frankly I just don't care about Reigns or Ambrose... (Which is sad, given the talent involved and in Roman's case their willingness to keep pushing the guy instead of halting him like they usually do with everyone)

You would think putting Cena in the midcard would make them less reluctant to push "new" guys into the main event, but of course this is WWE, and now it feels like the entire show is just a midcard spotlight affair with Cena dominating everyone as usual just with a different colored belt and less credible challengers in a fraction of the time. Maybe it's just me but the show feels so devoid of star power right now friggin AJ could return and instantly main event... Man the divas division really is empty without her.

ger9119

Well I don't watch nxt myself but I'd imagine 2 months of buildup on NXT would mean more than 6 months of management phoning it in on the main shows. (Big Show vs Reigns anyone?) Hell, outside of Brock Lesnar the last 6 months of WWE have been an absolute blur for me. Seth is boring as champ, Sheamus SHOULD be top heel but instead is now floating around in midcard purgatory, and frankly I just don't care about Reigns or Ambrose... (Which is sad, given the talent involved and in Roman's case their willingness to keep pushing the guy instead of halting him like they usually do with everyone)

You would think putting Cena in the midcard would make them less reluctant to push "new" guys into the main event, but of course this is WWE, and now it feels like the entire show is just a midcard spotlight affair with Cena dominating everyone as usual just with a different colored belt and less credible challengers in a fraction of the time. Maybe it's just me but the show feels so devoid of star power right now friggin AJ could return and instantly main event... Man the divas division really is empty without her.

I'm actually enjoying the show a lot more than i did 4-6 months ago.

celestial phantom

Lot of weird stuff happening within this last week, and dunno what to think.

DB ended up vacating the title again, and will be out indefinitely again. I really hope that he still will be able to wrestle in the future, but for now, he should just focus entirely on resting, rehabbing, and getting to 100% full force before trying to come back at all. As last night proved, he's still over as hell, despite not being on the show for like 5-6 weeks, and I can only imagine how big a surprise return would be somewhere down the line, and him being really back full force. So, here's to DB and hopefully a full recovery and return one day.

First random KOTR return, and now Elimination Chamber returns 2 weeks after Payback? I really feel the WWE are trying to force a hand to get network subscribers. Though apparently they are putting a new twist on it, and the vacant IC title AND the Tag titles will be defended in the chamber. Heaven knows people have been wanting to see some Tag Team matches in the chamber for some time. Speaking of tag teams, seems they're trying to spotlight two man teams again with some more time. Rowan randomly pairs with Harper again, but after not doing much as a face or expanding, I don't mind, and helps to have two dominant giant guys in the tag division, waiting to actually see the PTP wrestling instead of impressions, Axel-Mania and Macho MANdow (I honestly....I honestly don't know what to think about this at all), obvious Cesaro/Kidd, and New Day. More teams, more tag wrestling please. Also, Cole really needs to learn the difference between Kofi and Xavier (or at least Vince in the headset), I'm pretty sure this is the third week in a row, he's mixed them up...as if he can't tell them apart.

Also, the weekly US JCOC, is really becoming my favorite part of each raw. US Title match, people getting to fight Cena, and not entirely look like chumps beating him for a long time before he just 2-3 moves them. Last week we got SAMI, this week we got Neville. And not only that, but damn they teased Neville winning it, and protected both guys with the Rusev interference. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Neville a shot at the EC mini-view and he wins it off Cena or something. Or better yet, do what Cena did against Benoit or Booker for the US title back in the day with a best of 7 series over it.

Divas, Main Event stuff with Seth, Orton, Reigns, Ambrose, as well as the stuff with Sheamus, Dolph, and Barrett all feel like it is on cruise control and just weekly repeats. So....boring.

ger9119

Lot of weird stuff happening within this last week, and dunno what to think.

DB ended up vacating the title again, and will be out indefinitely again. I really hope that he still will be able to wrestle in the future, but for now, he should just focus entirely on resting, rehabbing, and getting to 100% full force before trying to come back at all. As last night proved, he's still over as hell, despite not being on the show for like 5-6 weeks, and I can only imagine how big a surprise return would be somewhere down the line, and him being really back full force. So, here's to DB and hopefully a full recovery and return one day.

First random KOTR return, and now Elimination Chamber returns 2 weeks after Payback? I really feel the WWE are trying to force a hand to get network subscribers. Though apparently they are putting a new twist on it, and the vacant IC title AND the Tag titles will be defended in the chamber. Heaven knows people have been wanting to see some Tag Team matches in the chamber for some time. Speaking of tag teams, seems they're trying to spotlight two man teams again with some more time. Rowan randomly pairs with Harper again, but after not doing much as a face or expanding, I don't mind, and helps to have two dominant giant guys in the tag division, waiting to actually see the PTP wrestling instead of impressions, Axel-Mania and Macho MANdow (I honestly....I honestly don't know what to think about this at all), obvious Cesaro/Kidd, and New Day. More teams, more tag wrestling please. Also, Cole really needs to learn the difference between Kofi and Xavier (or at least Vince in the headset), I'm pretty sure this is the third week in a row, he's mixed them up...as if he can't tell them apart.

Also, the weekly US JCOC, is really becoming my favorite part of each raw. US Title match, people getting to fight Cena, and not entirely look like chumps beating him for a long time before he just 2-3 moves them. Last week we got SAMI, this week we got Neville. And not only that, but damn they teased Neville winning it, and protected both guys with the Rusev interference. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Neville a shot at the EC mini-view and he wins it off Cena or something. Or better yet, do what Cena did against Benoit or Booker for the US title back in the day with a best of 7 series over it.

Divas, Main Event stuff with Seth, Orton, Reigns, Ambrose, as well as the stuff with Sheamus, Dolph, and Barrett all feel like it is on cruise control and just weekly repeats. So....boring.

They really made Neville look strong, he had Cena beat and they made Cena look vulnerable for once. Raw was very good all around again. DB didn't get his normal big time pop it was very toned down other guys got bigger reactions, but when he said he may not wrestle again everyone gave him a huge reaction. Honestly he's best retiring, even if he's 100% WWE can't invest in someone whose had to vacate titles in his last two title pushes. I wouldn't call it boring, they are building up torwards title matches you can't expect them to randomly change the direction of the storylines. Pretty sure Neville wins the IC title at the chamber ppv they need a workhorse to rebuild that belt and give it prestige and he'll do it just like he did with the NXT title . Ambrose attacking Reigns is kinda a big thing, pretty much offically ending the whole Shield thing since they've been allies this whole time.

Only thing i didn't enjoy was Acension vs Axel/Sandow (Not calling them by the stupid gimmicks they got), I don't know how anyone can enjoy or cheer that stuff at all.

Mye

Someone has to win..
They really made Neville look strong, he had Cena beat and they made Cena look vulnerable for once. Raw was very good all around again. DB didn't get his normal big time pop it was very toned down other guys got bigger reactions, but when he said he may not wrestle again everyone gave him a huge reaction. Honestly he's best retiring, even if he's 100% WWE can't invest in someone whose had to vacate titles in his last two title pushes. I wouldn't call it boring, they are building up torwards title matches you can't expect them to randomly change the direction of the storylines. Pretty sure Neville wins the IC title at the chamber ppv. Ambrose attacking Reigns is kinda a big thing, pretty much offically ending the whole Shield thing since they've been allies this whole time.

After seeing this, I'm really hoping they use it to turn reigns heel. People haven't had good reactions on the guy for a while, and at least now they have a legitimate reason to turn him (especially with him getting TWO shots at the championship and not being able to do much with them). Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would absolutely love a Rock vs Reigns match at some point, so having him heel could technically make that work.

ger9119

After seeing this, I'm really hoping they use it to turn reigns heel. People haven't had good reactions on the guy for a while, and at least now they have a legitimate reason to turn him (especially with him getting TWO shots at the championship and not being able to do much with them). Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would absolutely love a Rock vs Reigns match at some point, so having him heel could technically make that work.

He got a huge pop last night and has gotten more cheers on shows overall is pop was second only to Cena last night , and people have only been booing him in smarky crowds and even then Chicago got behind him durning his match with Big Show, the whole let's boo Roman thing is played out and stupid . Ambrose attacking him first really doesn't make sense for him turning heel if anything that should be building up to Ambrose turning heel if anything . I don't think we will see Reigns turn heel at all he's going to be the face of the company a heel turn at this point is counter productive towards getting him to that point , he's really good at what he's doing right now not talking a lot and having good matches . I wouldn't want to see it, The Rock is a really bad worker at this point. Reigns next feud will be with Kane/Demon Kane, who will cost him the title match on Sunday and Reigns will get the best out of Kane like he did for Big Show, they are slow building him towards winning the title which everyone wanted in the first place. Him losing title matches will just get more people behind him and happy for him when he finally wins.

celestial phantom

They really made Neville look strong, he had Cena beat and they made Cena look vulnerable for once. Raw was very good all around again. DB didn't get his normal big time pop it was very toned down other guys got bigger reactions, but when he said he may not wrestle again everyone gave him a huge reaction. Honestly he's best retiring, even if he's 100% WWE can't invest in someone whose had to vacate titles in his last two title pushes. I wouldn't call it boring, they are building up torwards title matches you can't expect them to randomly change the direction of the storylines. Pretty sure Neville wins the IC title at the chamber ppv they need a workhorse to rebuild that belt and give it prestige and he'll do it just like he did with the NXT title . Ambrose attacking Reigns is kinda a big thing, pretty much offically ending the whole Shield thing since they've been allies this whole time.

Only thing i didn't enjoy was Acension vs Axel/Sandow (Not calling them by the stupid gimmicks they got), I don't know how anyone can enjoy or cheer that stuff at all.

Well this week ended the almost exact same as last week. Dean, Roman, and Randy all beat up on Seth, before Reigns spears Orton, then Ambrose plants Reigns. Just last week Orton RKO'd Reigns, and Ambrose planted Orton after. I know they're building up to a title match and stuff, but repetition like this is boring. Especially since Seth is eating 3 finishers, and there isn't that feeling of surprise of will the faces turn on each other or won't they, just to tease tension, because we know they will each week. Somewhat same feeling on Barrett, Sheamus, and Zigglers. They don't have to change it drastically at all, just not do repetition with guys reversing roles ever so slightly. Changing up what they do, and how they do it will make it more memorable.

ger9119

Well this week ended the almost exact same as last week. Dean, Roman, and Randy all beat up on Seth, before Reigns spears Orton, then Ambrose plants Reigns. Just last week Orton RKO'd Reigns, and Ambrose planted Orton after. I know they're building up to a title match and stuff, but repetition like this is boring. Especially since Seth is eating 3 finishers, and there isn't that feeling of surprise of will the faces turn on each other or won't they, just to tease tension, because we know they will each week. Somewhat same feeling on Barrett, Sheamus, and Zigglers. They don't have to change it drastically at all, just not do repetition with guys reversing roles ever so slightly. Changing up what they do, and how they do it will make it more memorable.

I see that point of view that's certainly understandable and i feel like that too except for the Fatal 4 Way stuff they are trying to hide the fact that Kane will help Rollins and make Rollins look he will lose the belt , I'm not a fan of BNB so seeing him featured on TV is annoying.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm just glad that two halves of the Wyatt Family are back together. They should have won the tag team belts at one point. So now we have them and the comedy team of Macho Mandow and Axelmania as new tag teams. This could work. I hope they feud against each other. Now we just need Adam Rose and Fandango to team up and form Team Theme Music. Because their theme songs got more over then they did.

It also looks like Bad New Barret is going to run with this King Barret thing for awhile, like how Booker T and Sheamus did. Is he even Bad News anymore?