• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

I'm just glad that two halves of the Wyatt Family are back together. They should have won the tag team belts at one point. So now we have them and the comedy team of Macho Mandow and Axelmania as new tag teams. This could work. I hope they feud against each other. Now we just need Adam Rose and Fandango to team up and form Team Theme Music. Because their theme songs got more over then they did.

It also looks like Bad New Barret is going to run with this King Barret thing for awhile, like how Booker T and Sheamus did. Is he even Bad News anymore?

I love that Harper/Rowan are together they bring a great dynamic that was lacking, since the Acension is horrible they needed a monster tag team. Axel/Sandow is probably the worse thing going right now, it's using two credible guys gimmicks and just makes them look weak in the long run since they can't get over by themselves. You would think after the Miz feud he would've just been Sandow.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Geez, this show is just stale, repetitive and patronising. But let's look at the positives, Neville vs Cena was an amazing match. The finish even made sense because it protects both competitors.

One day a city will actually chant "New Day Rocks" and I will be pleased at that.

As for the rest of the show, it ranged from 'barely okay' to 'absolute crap' to 'Seriously? We're having Money In The Bank two weeks after Elimination Chamber? Which is two weeks after Payback?'

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So who do you guys think will be the next IC Champion and who do you think will dethrone John Cena? I've always thought it would/should be someone from NXT coming up. I enjoyed how they had Cena vs Neville. I've also enjoyed Cena better as the US Champion rather then in the WWE title hunt. I'm still not really a John Cena fan, but I never hated the guy. I've hated the things he's done at times but not him. So I've enjoyed Us Champ Cena. This is the first time in years that belt actually felt important. It feels more important then the WWE World title right now at least.

ger9119

So who do you guys think will be the next IC Champion and who do you think will dethrone John Cena? I've always thought it would/should be someone from NXT coming up. I enjoyed how they had Cena vs Neville. I've also enjoyed Cena better as the US Champion rather then in the WWE title hunt. I'm still not really a John Cena fan, but I never hated the guy. I've hated the things he's done at times but not him. So I've enjoyed Us Champ Cena. This is the first time in years that belt actually felt important. It feels more important then the WWE World title right now at least.

Neville should win the IC title, think Kevin Owens will be the one to beat Cena at some point.

Laser Shuckle

Yeah, he'll lose the belt in the flukiest way possible and will find a way like he always does to make whoever "defeats" him look second-rate regardless. I suppose it doesn't matter much at this point though because the chances of any of these "challenges" leading to something for anyone are about the same as me getting attacked by a shark and struck by lightning at the same time while typing this post.

Sorry but watching the most stale character on the entire show (And this is WWE we're talking about, so that's saying something) run through the midcard without an ounce of storytelling or uncertainty involved in who's winning isn't even close to enjoyable for me. Remember when everyone was gushing over how Cena was going to make the WHC title relevant again and move down to the midcard? I guess the fans are so conditioned now to WWE's usual mindless garbage that stuff like Cena's open challenge seems great in comparison...

Last edited:

ger9119

Yeah, he'll lose the belt in the flukiest way possible and will find a way like he always does to make whoever "defeats" him look second-rate regardless. I suppose it doesn't matter much at this point though because the chances of any of these "challenges" leading to something for anyone are about the same as me getting attacked by a shark and struck by lightning at the same time while typing this post.

Sorry but watching the most stale character on the entire show (And this is WWE we're talking about, so that's saying something) run through the midcard without an ounce of storytelling or uncertainty involved in who's winning isn't even close to enjoyable for me. Remember when everyone was gushing over how Cena was going to make the WHC title relevant again and move down to the midcard? I guess the fans are so conditioned now to WWE's usual mindless garbage that stuff like Cena's open challenge seems great in comparison...

He's made everyone look great whose faced him so far in these US title challenges, they made Neville look like he was going to beat Cena clean before Rusev came out and all the matches have been pretty damn good. If you don't like the show don't watch it, it's pretty simple imagine how better your life will be if you stop complaining about WWE and did something more productive with your time that you used watching WWE. No one is forcing you to watch a stale show, if you truly feel that way you shouldn't be watching it go watch LU, ROH or NJPW there's other options . Actually Cena really isn't a stale character at the moment, there's been notable tweaks in his character if you actually pay attention to whats going on in the ring and not worry about the promos or storylines.

Even if it was a fluke win over Cena, that's fine. Your top guy isn't supposed to be losing all the time and the majority of the time they will win that's how it's always been in Wrestling and that's how it always will be. The challenges are leading to them continuing building this title up , they are taking a page out of New Japan's book and building up a midcard title with a legit main eventer whose one of the companie's biggest stars . Crowd likes it and there's been actually more positve Cena chants as of late because of it.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I missed Smackdown last night. I probably shouldn't be asking this but did I miss anything good or worth watching?

ger9119

I missed Smackdown last night. I probably shouldn't be asking this but did I miss anything good or worth watching?

Sheamus vs Ambrose was pretty cool, Reigns vs Kane was a decent brawl other than that it was very forgettable.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I see. Did Ambrose really close the show with a tray of cookies? Because this is the same guy squirting ketchup and mustard so it's not that surprising lol.

ger9119

Tonight looks like a pretty solid card overall chances for some really good matches.

Kidd/Cesaro vs New Day has a chance to be a really special tag team match.

The fatal four way main event should be an awesome match, four really good workers in that one.

Cena vs Rusev should be better than their chain match was last month.

Wyatt vs Ryback should be a nice physical match.

The other half of the card i'm not looking forward too since i'm not really interested in any of those feuds, hoping we see a Red Arrow tonight though.

ger9119

Do we know why Bray Wyatt is facing Ryback? For what purpose?

Something about Ryback is a child and is hiding behind his muscles that was the first promo, but then he actually cut a promo on Raw saying he attacked Ryback because he can and that sometimes the bad guys win and that he's the new face of fear stuff

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Something about Ryback is a child and is hiding behind his muscles that was the first promo, but then he actually cut a promo on Raw saying he attacked Ryback because he can and that sometimes the bad guys win and that he's the new face of fear stuff

The whole face of fear stuff would actually mean something if he like actually won his match at Wrestlemania. So basically in other words this feud really has no purpose other then to see Wyatt vs Ryback. I'm telling you guys we should have got Wyatt vs Reigns. That would have made sense.

celestial phantom

Still hoping that Bo helps Bray win tonight. Reunion of Harper and Rowan happening too. Maybe we can get a reunion of the Wyatt Family, add in Bo as the leader's annoying brother so he can take all the losses they get. Hell, having Bo come out and do his shtick, followed by Bray saying that their all doomed anyway, so Bo need not waste his energy on lost souls, or reverse it with Bray's shtick followed by Bo coming down telling his brother not to be such a debbie downer to everyone.

Not all that interested in tonight's PPV, should be alright probably the main event will stick out. New Day vs Team Best Ever (Kidd/Cesaro) will probably be the workhorse match of the night. No sense of urgency to watch, kind of hard to get hyped with them having to look towards EC in 2 weeks, and still find a way to only a 2 week build to MITB.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Found this on the WWE site, gonna copy/paste it:

BALTIMORE — Before a sold-out crowd at the Royal Farms Arena, WWE Payback Kickoff saw The Ascension reign supreme over “The Mega Powers,” “Macho Mandow” & “AxelMania” Curtis Axel.

Though Mandow, WWE’s beloved equivalent of a chameleon, and Axel, a Hulkster-mimicking former Intercontinental Champion, are no strangers to reinvention, forging their powers against Konnor & Viktor ultimately proved futile.

The retro-charged throwback to the ’80s super-tandem seemed to present a promising assault on their opponents at the start of the action, melding a flashy combination of their own technique with that of the WWE Hall of Famers they emulated. However, the vicious combination of brute force and lethal precision from the former NXT Tag Team Champions ultimately stomped out their efforts — first by hurling Mandow off the top rope as he geared up for a “Macho Man” Elbow Drop, then laying the contest to rest with the Fall of Man.

The explosive Tag Team Match and the rest of WWE Payback Kickoff aired live on the award-winning WWE Network and streams for free on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Pheed.

BALTIMORE – Action inside the Royal Farms Arena began with a clash between R-Truth and Stardust, with The Rapping Superstar scoring a victory over his interstellar foe.

The evening’s first WWE Payback Kickoff bout was the culmination of longstanding issues between the two Superstars, including Truth knocking Stardust out of the opening round of The King of The Ring tournament.

Although Stardust looked strong with two near pinfalls and a series of insulting slaps with his glove, R-Truth battled back with a boot to the mouth. With Stardust reeling, Truth delivered a hard-hitting Lie Detector to plant Stardust to the canvas for the win.

New subscribers, get May for free, including WWE Payback. Try the award-winning WWE Network and see what you've been missing!

I get that the kickoff matches are to "try" to get new people to subscribe, but dedicating a quarter of the paragraphs specifically to that seems a bit ridiculous.

Edit: Found more wwe.com gold!

When Brie managed to jump over Naomi and tag her sister back into the contest, it seemed as though momentum had swung back in the twins’ favor. Nikki left her opponents reeling with a devastating Alabama Slam to Nikki and a brutal forearm smash to Tamina.

Last edited:

ger9119

I don't get it Mye, do you want them to undersell it? That's dumb and no company should do that.

Solid Ppv, tag team match was awesome along with the cena match(he didn't bury rusev) rusev came out looking stronger than he did coming in. Main event was good, loved the shield stuff. The divas match didn't deliver because Tamina and Brie are horrible would rather seen Naomi and Nicki go at it, Neville and Bnb was bad too mainly since Barrett can't keep up anymore

Mye

Someone has to win..
No, I just want them to use the kickoff show for what it was supposed to be for and get people invested in the pay per view. While Sandow/Stardust "were" good, noone's gonna be watching either of those preshow matches and immediately think "wow, this is so entertaining I may go spend $60 on this!". Kinda a sad day when I'm wishing they'd put the tag teams on the kickoff show instead of this meaningless fodder.

ger9119

If you're spending 60 dollars on it, I doubt the preshow will sway you one way or the other. Just because they had filler matches this month doesn't mean it's like that all the time, Neville was last month and tag team was the one before that. And really spending 60 for a pay per view when you can use that on the network and get six is the better deal whoever is spending 60 on a single Ppv should get RKOed