• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

Well, Owens could have won by cheating. A thumb to the eye or a kick to the groin or a handful of tights or a shot with an object... then Cena has a beef that Owens took the easy way out this time, but Owens avoids the Cena Revenge Aura of getting all his wins back and still looks like a winner. Instead, they had him job out and then just throw a big baby tantrum sneak attack as a lame attempt to save face.

Also.... why do they NEED to fight again? Owens should have won last night, and that would be the end of it. He moves on to feud with Joe and Balor to finish up his NXT run before returning to the main roster in a few months to do... whatever; Cena moves on to defending his title and being completely unfazed by the losses because he's 37 year old made-man John Cena and losing a feud every other year doesn't impact his legacy. Why do we need 3-4 repeats of the same match?

So let him beat Cena twice and then sit down on NXT for a few months? That's how you totally lose momentum from beating the company's top guy, and him coming back to do whatever doesn't make sense either because he'll float around in random feuds. Him cheating to win defeats the purpose of Owen's character and would've done more harm than good in that situation, so he can beat Cena fair and square and then he needs to cheat to beat him again. If that happened you would've been complaining just like you are now, "Owens looked so weak he had to cheat to beat Cena this is like Rusev and Wyatt all over again". They didn't have him job out at all, jobbing out is him losing in less than five minutes and looking horrible at that but instead they wrestled an evenly matched match that was as close to five stars as you'll get from WWE. A third match is needed, just from a match quality standpoint why not? Also once he drops the title to Balor or Joe, he can say I have a new prize to fight for and that's the US Title. They teased it last night.

See I would've liked Mye's idea more, if they were going to do something different. Don't think Owens losing the third match buries him at all, but I think he'll win the third match whenever that happens. Don't think a New Day vs. Harper/Rowan feud would've made sense cause the crowd would cheer Rowan and Harper against them because of the new day's x-pac heat. PTP is a better choice to get the titles over to the dominate heel team.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well yeah; Owens cheating to win would be a stupid way out. But it's INFINITELY better than staring at the lights so John can get his win back. Because if Cena loses, all those kids with cancer will die, ya know?

And going back to NXT wouldn't hurt his momentum; he'd only be there for a month or two, and could still make appearances on the main roster. But as it is, he still has the belt and two feuds/storylines going on there, so it's obvious he's not completely done with it. The point is, Owens should have won and moved on. If not because of the fact that he NEEDS to be put over Cena, then because I'm absolutely sick of WWE's insistence that every PPV match has to happen 3-4 times before it's over. Why can't two guys just wrestle once and MAYBE twice if it's a big-deal feud and then go on?

No way does Owens win a rubber match in this series. To think so would deny a decade-plus of Cena Foe History 101. Cena wins the next match (maybe next two if they do that), no doubt in my mind. So Owens loses out after a win that no one will remember happen, and then he can go on to have the same pointless, directionless career that other such Cena Foe luminaries as Umaga, Bray Wyatt, Wade Barrett, Ryback, and others have had.

Last edited:

ger9119

Well yeah; Owens cheating to win would be a stupid way out. But it's INFINITELY better than staring at the lights so John can get his win back. Because if Cena loses, all those kids with cancer will die, ya know?

And going back to NXT wouldn't hurt his momentum; he'd only be there for a month or two, and could still make appearances on the main roster. But as it is, he still has the belt and two feuds/storylines going on there, so it's obvious he's not completely done with it. The point is, Owens should have won and moved on. If not because of the fact that he NEEDS to be put over Cena, then because I'm absolutely sick of WWE's insistence that every PPV match has to happen 3-4 times before it's over. Why can't two guys just wrestle once and MAYBE twice if it's a big-deal feud and then go on?

No way does Owens win a rubber match in this series. To think so would deny a decade-plus of Cena Foe History 101. Cena wins the next match (maybe next two if they do that), no doubt in my mind. So Owens loses out after a win that no one will remember happen, and then he can go on to have the same pointless, directionless career that other such Cena Foe luminaries as Umaga, Bray Wyatt, Wade Barrett, Ryback, and others have had.

I think Owens wins for sure. I agree with you with most feuds lasting to long, but this is one that after two matches still has traction and still has people wanting more so why not give it to the fans. We complain when they don't give us great feuds but when they do we want it cut off short like Ambrose/Rollins after the HIAC match. I thought you meant him staying in NXT and not being on the Main Roster. Him winning the third match is against everything Cena has built up over the past decade and that's exactly why Owens will beat him. Of all the guys who've named and all the guys you didn't mention they really aren't on Kevin Owens level at all, this is a guy who didn't need to sign to WWE as he was the biggest draw on the indies and making a lot of money and he's someone that Triple H handpicked to sign to WWE and has been built up so well up until this point when none of the other guys were relevent within the first six months after they signed to the company. Owens is a big name, big draw and he matches Cena perfectly. He's the indy Cena and he's facing the perfect opponent for him. He'll beat Cena and continue the work Rusev and Cena have done for the US title while Cena moves onto a stage of his career where he has to see if he's still as good as he's been the past decade.

Umaga- One sided gimmick that didn't have any long term future , got hooked on drugs/painkillers and got released because of it because he refused rehab.
Wade Barrett- After the Nexus thing ended he was given multiple gimmicks that failed because he's not that good and is someone whose really just a midcarder
Wyatt- I'll give you Wyatt, but losing to old man taker has been way worse for Wyatt than the Cena loss. The whole i'm the new face of fear thing doesn't work when you lost to the old guy who got destroyed the year prior to that match.
Ryback- He was dead in the water way before Cena got to him, he lost to the Shield and Punk numerous times when he wasn't over enough to be able to lose feuds and then lost to Mark Henry at his first Wrestlemania for no reason. So it wasn't Cena's fault there, their booking of Ryback for the months prior to the Cena feud was the cause.

Last edited:
I rarely watch WWE anymore these days, but hearing that Sheamus won MITB really annoyed me. The MITB PPV is one of the more important PPV's of the year, basically (usually) guaranteeing a new World Champion. A Kofi or even a Roman win would've been cool but Sheamus!? Really annoying. The main event wasn't too exciting for me. I'm gonna rewatch the Cena/Owens match. I'm behind on the last few PPV's, I want to watch Payback (the main event) and Elimination Chamber for a few of the matches. Then I wanna go back and watch some of the PPV's of 2014, The TLC main event (rewatch) and the Ziggler/Harper, the Survivor Series main event, the Hell in a Cell Ambrose/Rollins match and the Shield vs Evolution matches from Extreme Rules and Payback and the Cena/Wyatt matches.

Mye

Someone has to win..
To be fair, one of the other reasons Wyatt fell from grace has much to do with the way they built him up. Barring Taker, they've had a really hard time over the past 5-10 years when it concerns making creepy guys over. Bray was no exception, as for much of his time on the main roster his entire deal has been "do promo that makes absolutely no sense, wrestle midcarder/jobber, then finally pair him up with someone 2 weeks off a pay per view". This whole routine became blatantly obvious when he was paired with Cena, as despite using every trick available it became a boring one-sided feud that people got tired of very quickly. The loss to Taker did hurt him as well, but not in the way you think. Barring 1 pyrotechnics display and 15 seconds of dialogue, Bray built that feud entirely on his own. The fact he didn't end up winning it actually put him more over with the audience, mostly because he took all the workload during the "feud" and in essence got robbed of a huge WM win.

This whole thing with WWE not knowing how to handle certain guys is one of the reasons I'm kinda afraid of what they have in store for Kevin Steen. After what happened with all their previous "imports" (Del Rio being a big one), Steen not becoming a bust in WWE is essentially a coinflip.

ger9119

To be fair, one of the other reasons Wyatt fell from grace has much to do with the way they built him up. Barring Taker, they've had a really hard time over the past 5-10 years when it concerns making creepy guys over. Bray was no exception, as for much of his time on the main roster his entire deal has been "do promo that makes absolutely no sense, wrestle midcarder/jobber, then finally pair him up with someone 2 weeks off a pay per view". This whole routine became blatantly obvious when he was paired with Cena, as despite using every trick available it became a boring one-sided feud that people got tired of very quickly. The loss to Taker did hurt him as well, but not in the way you think. Barring 1 pyrotechnics display and 15 seconds of dialogue, Bray built that feud entirely on his own. The fact he didn't end up winning it actually put him more over with the audience, mostly because he took all the workload during the "feud" and in essence got robbed of a huge WM win.

This whole thing with WWE not knowing how to handle certain guys is one of the reasons I'm kinda afraid of what they have in store for Kevin Steen. After what happened with all their previous "imports" (Del Rio being a big one), Steen not becoming a bust in WWE is essentially a coinflip.

I agree with your assessment on Wyatt, i think his longer feuds become boring because it's the same old routine and I can't really get behind him anymore until they change that. It was fresh at some point but between the PPV before the Rumble and Mania 30 he became quite boring. And we'll sit through another you're a lot like me and i know who you really are deep inside your being promos in this Reigns feud. I think him building that feud hurt him also to an extent, it was so much exposure and nobody to feed off of either. They should've captialised on people cheering him and making him face but they are missing that chance like they did with BNB when he came back from being hurt.

There's a lot more sucess with big name international imports and big name indy imports than their are failures. They did everything they could with Del Rio to get him over, he just wasn't able to connect with the crowd he's in the same boat as Sheamus and even then a multiple time world champion isn't really a failure compared to Cabana, Sydal, Mistico and Mistico's was his fault cause he didn't want to learn a new style/language. They know how to build up guys with more conventional characters, that's why Steen is so easy to book and has been since he started six months ago if we were talking Hideo Itami here and he was in the same spot rn instead of Owens then I would tend to agree with you but there's no real adjustment from ROH to WWE, he's playing the same character he played in ROH and it's doing wonders for him now on main roster. I'm not worried about him at all, he's an awesome worker/talent and has been pushed to the moon in a faster time than anyone ever has and he's over and he's moving merch. No guy has gotten this crazy of a push within the first six months of him signing to WWE that's a clear sign of where they value him as a performer. The only way he becomes a bust is if it's on his own doing, either by getting in trouble or suspended numerous times (Mistico, Sydal) because he's already super over based on his indy work and is well known to the American Audience which was the opposite of Del Rio who they unmasked and repackaged him and it didn't work long term while the Owens character works as a heel or face rather easily.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
See, I disagree with that. The biggest thing that hurt Wyatt from the taker feud (aside from the actual loss) was him not appearing on tv for like a month after it. People were left wondering where he'd go from there, and he kinda left them high and dry. If they really want to elevate his character, he needs to go after someone with a known troubled background (none of this dean ambrose abusive father sh't that only gets mentioned once) who he can take a few wins off of. It's why I'm hoping they do Bray vs Orton at summerslam with the idea being that Orton's lost that sadistic edge and Bray wants to change that.

I also completely forgot Alberto was a mask guy pre-WWE. That being said, booking him as a luchador would've been a near impossible task for WWE. At the time, Sin Cara was a complete bust Myserio (albeit self-inflicted) was a bigger bust and as a whole they haven't really had anyone from that background who has resonated well for long periods with the audience. Unmasking him was easily the safest option, and although it failed for them in the longterm (when they tried pushing him as a face and not as a rich a'hole) his original character for the first few months was pure gold.

ger9119

See, I disagree with that. The biggest thing that hurt Wyatt from the taker feud (aside from the actual loss) was him not appearing on tv for like a month after it. People were left wondering where he'd go from there, and he kinda left them high and dry. If they really want to elevate his character, he needs to go after someone with a known troubled background (none of this dean ambrose abusive father sh't that only gets mentioned once) who he can take a few wins off of. It's why I'm hoping they do Bray vs Orton at summerslam with the idea being that Orton's lost that sadistic edge and Bray wants to change that.

I also completely forgot Alberto was a mask guy pre-WWE. That being said, booking him as a luchador would've been a near impossible task for WWE. At the time, Sin Cara was a complete bust Myserio (albeit self-inflicted) was a bigger bust and as a whole they haven't really had anyone from that background who has resonated well for long periods with the audience. Unmasking him was easily the safest option, and although it failed for them in the longterm (when they tried pushing him as a face and not as a rich a'hole) his original character for the first few months was pure gold.

I would love a Wyatt vs. Orton, from a story standpoint it would be spectacular to watch, hopefully they do this I think they will hopefully Wyatt wins that feud after he loses to Roman he'll need a big rebound win . I agree with booking of Del Rio as a luchador wouldn't have worked either but they did invest a lot in Del Rio overall, the first few months of that character were amazing but there wasn't much follow through mainly because he couldn't get over as a face to make money off the hispanic market like they wanted him to. Del Rio is one of those big I don't know why it didn't work out, and even after multiple world title runs he had it just felt like it didn't happen. He's still far from a bust, between world title runs and using his WWE run to translate it to a much more impressive Mexican and Indy runs than previously.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Let's not forget that putting Wyatt in a feud with Orton would also put him into the main event (as Reigns/Rollins had feuds with him immediately before they had main title shots).

To me, Del Rio is a bust in the sense that he didn't do as much as I would've liked. He was put into the main-title picture almost immediately, and despite nabbing a few championships (which, let's be honest, is what everyone who is instantly put into that picture tends to get barring Ryback/Barrett) didn't really do much with it. WWE's inability to develop luchadors also hurt them a ton, as it meant that Del Rio was kinda forced into one role rather than going the whole "hurricane" route by having himself be a heel and him in a mask be a face, which if they had gotten Ricardo in on the gimmick would've been brilliant (imagine, Del Rio's in a feud with someone like Sheamus while "El Mil Ionaro" is beating up the bad guys and saving the day.

ger9119

So Cena did sell the injury/powerbomb from last night. Owens stole the show again tonight, his match with Ziggler was good and his stuff with MGK was great I love when they bring in a celebrity who isn't afraid to get involved in angles and isn't just promoting their album or show. If they keep building up Owens like this it's going to lead to a massive face run, Just like he did in ROH where he did the antichrist of wrestling when it got to a point where he was such a rebel that the crowd got behind him heavy.

Raw was pretty good tonight, the crowd was hot throughout so that helped. Sheamus vs Ambrose was good, Ziggler vs. Owens was good, PTP/Neville vs New Day was good also while Bellas vs Paige was solid. This was a segment heavy Raw but this Raw was still good with segments. Everything on the show seemed to be leading to somewhere and everyone used have some sort of directon which I liked.

Segment wise I felt this was one of the better Raws in awhile, the promos didn't drag out really and the backstage segment with the divas was good and the MGK performance + MGK getting powerbombed off the stage furthers the Cena/Owens feud. And Wyatt finally did something different for once with his promos, gave an actual reason and added a new motive for going after Roman so we didn't have to be guessing for five weeks on why he did it. Bringing Roman's daughter into it makes it more personal, maybe have her appear on one of the upcoming shows like Eddie/Rey with Rey's son. The Rollins segment's throughout were good and helped build to the Lesnar appearance we've all been waiting for. It was hilarious how Seth reacted to Lesnar's entrance and just the faces he made throughout were great too. Lesnar vs. Rollins should be awesome, as of now I think Rollins somehow survives with the title. There's also a Rollins face turn happening sometime before Summerslam or afterwards, the Authority is clearly going to turn on him soon.

celestial phantom

Wait....words Rey Mysterio and bigger bust in the exact same sentence as Sin Cara? I think you might wanna learn the name meaning of word "bust" in relation to value. WWE got 10 years out of Rey being the face of the cruiserweights when he showed up, had a good midcard tag run as part of the smackdown 6 (With Edge, Eddie, and Batista), got a main event run out of him even though it wasn't that good, and had a solid and over midcard worker for like 4 years after his "SD main event run". Also I used to hear that Mysterio was like top 5 in merchandise sales for a long while behind Cena, so he made them some money in merchandise sells I bet. Unless you mean "bust" in that he breaks down more often, then yeah at this point in his career he breaks down more lol.

But yeah, unless they have certain skills, Luchadores have an incredibly hard time in the US market, especially with the lack of talking and more focus on in ring aspects and tradition in Lucha Libre. It doesn't take much to have one or two on a roster to succeed, but it's all the flippy actions that usually gets it done to get them a reaction.

Anyway, I'm surprised, no Cena on RAW? They are selling his attack? Well that was unexpected for many people I bet. Dolph and Owens had a competitive match too? And Owens Power Bombed the rapper? Wyatt's promo wasn't as cryptic, and he just wants to take Roman down for taking away what he believed was his destiny? Better. BROCK IS BACK AND HE'S GOING TO RIP APART SETH AT....Battleground? This feels weird, and that makes me wonder what the Summerslam Main Event might be then.

Rest of Raw kind of felt boring. Orton vs Kane again? Miz vs Big Show? yawn. This Truth and Barrett stuff getting hammered into the ground? Ok, if Barrett recognizes that Truth good enough to be court jester, and Heath Slater can be the King's Bard, and then we bring in Mark Henry to be the King's knight, we might be onto something. Nothing says knight like dressing Mizark in a suit of armor asking why he's in a suit of armor before destroying someone, and Barrett saying that's why you muscle bound imbecile. I was really hoping for a debuting Charlotte to come to Paige's aid, and be her tag partner tonight, I guess they'll hold off on that as long as they can though. But, they really set it up as if we'd get a swerve debut tonight. I kind of wish now that Paige leads in all four of the NXT main divas now against the Bellas, they don't have to like each other....but they hate the idea that the entitlement twins are say "degrading women's wrestling" just by being allowed to be champ(s), and none of the other divas are actually doing anything about it.

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

Ok I'll admit I probably jumped the gun on calling Cena vs Owens. Cena actually sold his offense to an extent and there's a good chance Kevin wins at Battleground and doesn't end up worse for wear, seeing as he's already done the unthinkable in pinning Cena clean. I guess we'll see where this goes.

I don't mind Sheamus winning the briefcase either. I still like heel Sheamus it just sucks how they're booking him like a coward... A Kofi win would've been sweet but I don't see how Sheamus is a bad choice provided the writing team doesn't keep booking him like crap.

Oh and finally Lesnar returns. Hurray for Lesnar!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm fine with Sheamus winning the briefcase. Seems like heels have better chances of winning the briefcases then faces. As far as RAW goes. Well we're finally getting the Bray Wyatt feud with Roman Reigns that I wanted when Reigns was getting booed by the crowd. Now that isn't happening anymore but the feud can still work. But is this how all of Bray Wyatts feud are going to work now? He just randomly attacks a superstar and cost them a title match and bam we have a feud? And how many times are we going to see Paige vs the Bellas? I like seeing Paige but she's lost to them like three times in a row I believe. We have other divas who can fight the Bellas. Whatever happened to Naomi, who's now a tweener I guess, since the Bellas are back to being heels. The divas division is so messed up. And how does twin magic work anymore? You can tell them apart now, and shouldn't Niki have been dq'd once Brie clearly got in the ring during Paige's title match? That's bad ref call.

Kevin Owns continues to be a good heel. Having him do the things he did last night was a good way to try and get heel heat on him, because feuding with John Cena will only make him a hero. So send favorites like Dolph Ziggler at him to lose. Then there's Seth Rollins having to face a returning Brock Lesnar. I was disappointed that Paul Heyman didn't speak. But they are obviously saving that for next Monday, and I personally can't wait to hear his next promo for the one in 22-1. I actually can imagine Seth Rollins retaining. And this is why I am fine with Sheamus as the briefcase holder. I can finally get my Sheamus vs Brock Lesnar dream match I always wanted. Make it happen WWE.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
BROCK IS BACK AND HE'S GOING TO RIP APART SETH AT....Battleground? This feels weird, and that makes me wonder what the Summerslam Main Event might be then.

Rollins vs Brock again. Because DUSTY FINISH AT BACKLASH. :p

ger9119

Rollins vs Brock again. Because DUSTY FINISH AT BACKLASH. :p

Actually think it's going to be Rollins vs Triple H at Summerslam, they are clearly building to Rollins turning face. He'll somehow survive Brock, and then they'll turn on him and either have Sheamus cash in or have Triple H say he's going to end the future of Seth Rollins.

Ok I'll admit I probably jumped the gun on calling Cena vs Owens. Cena actually sold his offense to an extent and there's a good chance Kevin wins at Battleground and doesn't end up worse for wear, seeing as he's already done the unthinkable in pinning Cena clean. I guess we'll see where this goes.

I don't mind Sheamus winning the briefcase either. I still like heel Sheamus it just sucks how they're booking him like a coward... A Kofi win would've been sweet but I don't see how Sheamus is a bad choice provided the writing team doesn't keep booking him like crap.

Oh and finally Lesnar returns. Hurray for Lesnar!

Told you he'll sell the powerbomb ;) , and i'm sure Owens will beat Cena again, don't think it will be at Battleground though that should be a Summerslam match and I hope it will be. They need to book Sheamus as a tough guy who beats up people and give him a dominate run, instead of this whole bully people and then run away once they start fighting back thing he has going for him now.

Glad Lesnar's back, him and Rollins will provide another great match and the best part of it is we get Heyman on the microphone again.

----

Plat, Paige has lost to the Bellas for like 8 months straight now. They should change it up, but clearly they won't since on the main roster you can't have more than two divas get pushes at any time. That's why Naomi has been a non-factor in recent weeks, she's still a heel but they just won't use her at all except for on Main Event and House Shows. Twin Magic doesn't work at all but they want to make the Bellas heel all of a sudden just because they want to push Paige so that's how they think they can get heat on the bellas. Even if they called a DQ it wouldn't have changed the match result at all. The Divas division is messed up because Vince and Kevin Dunn don't care about it except for two divas who get pushes because they have tons of merch of theirs to push, last time it was close to being "saved" was when AJ had that long title run and fought every diva on the main roster throughout the title run and even then the matches were super short and didn't matter. The NXT divas won't save it either because they'll be just there doing nothing like Emma or toned down in the ring like Paige is, until there's a change in booking there won't be a change in the main roster diva's booking. It's best to keep the crop of NXT divas in NXT where they can have classic matches and entertaining feuds, I don't want to see Becky or Sasha reduced to 30 second to 6 minute matches tops every week that end with a rollup and then get depushed when they want to push just two divas at a time.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Now that I've watched MITB and the Raw after as whole, I think they did an okay job with it. I don't think it was the worst PPV like some people are making it out to be.

The MITB match wasn't good and Sheamus winning it isn't such a terrible idea really. As much as I wouldn't have minded Roman Reigns winning it, they were right not to give it to him. When Reigns wins it, it shouldn't be due to a MITB contract. I would have liked a surprise winner but realistically, Neville and Kofi just isn't going to happen.

OH MY GAWD! Did Bray Wyatt actually clearly state his reasons for targeting someone in a feud? His promo on Raw was a breath of fresh air to the usual riddles we get from him.

The Divas championship scene is...........I don't know how I feel about it. Judging from MITB and RAW, this whole, "Bellas have controlled the Divas for 7 years" thing just seems to be a perfect set up to introduce some new Divas from NXT like Charlotte or Sasha Banks......Not getting my hopes up though. It certainly would revitalise the Divas scene.

Side note- Ell oh ell at Alicia Fox lecturing Paige about turning on other Divas. -_-

This is exactly what I was afraid of with the Intercontinental Title scene. We talked once about how Ambrose/Bryan/Ziggler/Harper/Neville would make for a great IC title scene. Now we have Ryback/Big Show/Miz...not exactly going to set the stage on fire methinks. I'll wait and see what Ryback's next feud is before making judgements.

My problem with Cena vs Owens wasn't even that we were getting a rematch, or even that Cena was getting his win back, but rather that they announced it so soon after the first therefore not letting people savour the moment and reflect on what just happened. Cena/Owens II was even better than the first, the whole feud is really enjoyable especially with Owens speaking logic after logic. It's a shame that speaking sense makes you a heel in WWE eyes but whatever.

I'm cool with the Prime Time Players winning the titles even though it really should have happened during their first run (but Team Hell No and all). I wish there was a bit more build up before the New Day lost it though.

Mye

Someone has to win..
See, if Rollins does turn face then I really hope that Lesnar remains a face too (as him being the "bad guy" is arguably what made his last character too boring) and Reigns turns heel in the mix of this. If they really want to do a Rock v Trips match at next year's WM, they need an angle that isn't as pathetically weak as Trips' last WM match against sting (which as I pointed out in earlier posts, was full of so many plotholes/questions both before and during the match that it ended up making zero sense whatsoever). The idea that Reigns not only turned on his montra (one vs all) but on his own family could allow them to use the hero angle on Rock and significantly boost Reigns because of it (like by having Reigns vs Rock at Rumble or a ppv before WM, with the winner facing Trips).

While I do think Rollins will turn face eventually, I just can't see it happening at summerslam with the whole Trips/Orton screwing over DB still fresh in everyones' minds. Perhaps at hell in a cell or the rumble, after Lesnar has the 2 or 3 rematches we know he'll get from this feud.

ger9119

See, if Rollins does turn face then I really hope that Lesnar remains a face too (as him being the "bad guy" is arguably what made his last character too boring) and Reigns turns heel in the mix of this. If they really want to do a Rock v Trips match at next year's WM, they need an angle that isn't as pathetically weak as Trips' last WM match against sting (which as I pointed out in earlier posts, was full of so many plotholes/questions both before and during the match that it ended up making zero sense whatsoever). The idea that Reigns not only turned on his montra (one vs all) but on his own family could allow them to use the hero angle on Rock and significantly boost Reigns because of it (like by having Reigns vs Rock at Rumble or a ppv before WM, with the winner facing Trips).

While I do think Rollins will turn face eventually, I just can't see it happening at summerslam with the whole Trips/Orton screwing over DB still fresh in everyones' minds. Perhaps at hell in a cell or the rumble, after Lesnar has the 2 or 3 rematches we know he'll get from this feud.

Brock's really not a face or heel, he's Brock Lesnar like he's a special attraction who does whatever he wants. The crowd cheers him no matter who he's fighting, and if they boo him it's not because he's a bad guy and cheating it's because they want the other guy to win. All he does is beat guy's up and has Heyman talk for him, both are super popular so if they get positive reactions that's good and if they get booed that's also good. He's really a tweener, he pretty much fights whoever's in front of him and whoever has the WWE title or something that he wants. Right now his target is Rollins, So i'm guessing he'll be cheered throughout this feud.

Reigns is not going to turn heel anytime soon, they are building him up as the next top face in the company. He's already done his heel run, him turning heel just ruins any progress he has made over the past few months. That's literally the worse possible thing they can do for Roman is turn him heel, he's just getting a positive reaction from most crowds why ruin it? And using him turning heel to put over a match between two part time guys doesn't make sense either, let's wreck everything they've built up for Roman's character the past couple of months to set up The Rock's return for a single match at Mania. HHH and The Rock don't need Roman to elevate or build that feud/angle, The Rock and HHH are good enough to get the feud working without burying a young talent in the process. I don't think the Sting feud was weak at all, Sting didn't have a lot of appearances in his contract and they used them to further that angle as well as other angles, then they decided to do a monday night wars nostalgic match at Mania which was cool. The Sting feud made sense, Sting's reasoning was he lost WCW and wasn't going to let the Authority do the same to WWE that's why he showed up at Survivor Series and that's why he helped Cena get Ryback/Rowan/Ziggler their jobs back it was really just the standard Sting feud , and it turned into a WCW vs. WWE match at Mania which was great but didn't make sense for the feud it provided a great moment though. Maybe a few years down the line they turn Roman heel but I think it's as likely as a Cena heel turn, you've been calling for Roman to turn heel since before Mania and it hasn't happened.

That happened two years ago, it's not really fresh in people's minds anymore we all remember it happening but it's not a fresh thing that just happened . It's been rumored on various websites that Rollins is turning face to go against Triple H and even without websites it's pretty clear that's the direction their going in , and they've been teasing it for the past two-three months and even more so the last few weeks leading up to MITB and last night on Raw. Don't think Lesnar gets another two or three rematches against Rollins and I don't think Rollins holds the belt past Summerslam. It's either Lesnar beats Rollins for the belt clean at Battleground, and then Triple H turns on Rollins the next night on Raw or Rollins wins and then Triple H turns on him. I don't think Sheamus is cashing in at either of the next two PPVs, as he's feuding with Orton for Battleground and i'm guessing something with Ambrose for Summerslam. I've been pretty right on the money when it comes to these turns and stuff, so i'm thinking we'll see it at Battleground or in between then and Summerslam. Still got about two and a half months until Summerslam, that's more than enough time for a Rollins face turn, he's been a heel for close to two years, it's about time they turn him face.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-launches-up-up-down-down-youtube-gaming-channel-27497155

Not sure if it's WWE's way of trolling people, but if they are serious on doing this then I'm all for it. Kinda hoping they make Kofi a recurring guest, as apparently he's not only really good at fps but has also done a bunch of make-a-wish related to stuff like this.

Edit: Just checked it out, Kofi is making appearances in it, I finally have a reason to actually watch wwe-related stuff now.