• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Laser Shuckle

Absolutely absurd how they've booked themselves into the same corner yet again with Lesnar holding the title hostage, and just like last time they have nobody credible left to face him. >_< Just one guy who's now injured.

Good job WWE. Not to mention after Strowman who is left to feud with Lesnar? Cena again? Reigns again? The GM of Raw!? Ugh...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The moment Goldberg won the belt, and they announced Goldberg vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania, I knew we were doomed. I knew what was coming. I knew once Lesnar won he would run off with the title since we've seen the same song and dance before. KO should have never dropped the belt in the first place, and I'm a Goldberg fan since childhood saying that.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The moment Goldberg won the belt, and they announced Goldberg vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania, I knew we were doomed. I knew what was coming. I knew once Lesnar won he would run off with the title since we've seen the same song and dance before. KO should have never dropped the belt in the first place, and I'm a Goldberg fan since childhood saying that.
More like it was doomed when they announce Goldberg vs KO for the Universal title and we already know Goldberg is going to win it to setup against Lensar for Wrestlemania. I mean WWE can't have another damn squash match between the two on the biggest stage. The match needs to have something on the line like the Universal title. But you know Meekmahan loves big sweaty men going at it.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

I don't get worked up about WWE stuff much anymore, but THAT really grinded my gears. Lesnar vs Goldberg at mania gained absolutely nothing from the Universal title added to it, literally nothing. The same type of people that that kind of match appeals to, were already interested in it, and people who didn't like the match didn't suddenly care about it thanks to the title.

On the opposite hand, Jericho vs. Owens not having the Universal title on the line damn near killed the match's intrigue. Yes it had a personal element to it, yes it had the completely irrelevant US title. But Owen's losing the Universal title, in the way he did, instantly demoted the match from a heavyweight match to a mid-card match, for no reason.

Not to mention that fact that a 5 minute Owen vs. Goldberg match, with Owens winning via a lesnar distraction, could have made Owens on the spot.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I don't get worked up about WWE stuff much anymore, but THAT really grinded my gears. Lesnar vs Goldberg at mania gained absolutely nothing from the Universal title added to it, literally nothing. The same type of people that that kind of match appeals to, were already interested in it, and people who didn't like the match didn't suddenly care about it thanks to the title.

On the opposite hand, Jericho vs. Owens not having the Universal title on the line damn near killed the match's intrigue. Yes it had a personal element to it, yes it had the completely irrelevant US title. But Owen's losing the Universal title, in the way he did, instantly demoted the match from a heavyweight match to a mid-card match, for no reason.

Not to mention that fact that a 5 minute Owen vs. Goldberg match, with Owens winning via a lesnar distraction, could have made Owens on the spot.

All of this. I completely agree.

Goldberg versus Lesnar did nothing for the Universal title. Ugh, Owens vs Jericho for the Universal title would have been so much better in my opinion.

Goldberg came back so his son could see him wrestle. That's great. I commend Bill. I hate being that guy that complains, especially in situations like this. It makes me sound like a jerk. However, there's no reason the Universal title had to be involved. A Brock Lesnar/Goldberg match doesn't need a belt involved for it to be considered "a big match" this was just another case of Vince McMahon being Vince McMahon. Vince is so out of touch.

There was no reason to have another Goldberg/Lesnar match anyways. Goldberg could have faced someone else, and same thing with Brock. I wasn't excited for this match AT ALL. That's just my opinion, though.

-Raiga-

And Jericho/Brock would have been interesting too. They have the built in backstage beef from a couple months ago over the Randy situation. Plus it'd be interesting to see how they book it. Because by all means a guy like Brock should murder Jericho, but Jericho obviously has Vince's ear and probably wouldn't just want to lose in a minute.

Laser Shuckle

And Jericho/Brock would have been interesting too. They have the built in backstage beef from a couple months ago over the Randy situation. Plus it'd be interesting to see how they book it. Because by all means a guy like Brock should murder Jericho, but Jericho obviously has Vince's ear and probably wouldn't just want to lose in a minute.

Brock has been phoning it in with the whole suplex city gimmick aswell.. His match with Goldberg was fine for what it was but he hasn't had a very good match since Punk wrestled him. (Ironic, because I think that was Punk's last great match too) He hasn't talked much at all since then either (Paul, say something stupid!) which I think is a big mistake because Lesnar is one of the very few guys in a position where he can say whatever he wants more or less without repercussions and I think he's incredibly underrated as a talker. At the very least, we need more amazing video packages from him..

Bringing it back to Jericho, He's one of the only guys who's close to Vince and could stand up to Brock. (Hell, he already did as you mentioned with that whole Randy fiasco) According to Ambrose when him and Brock had their match Dean had tons of ideas for it but Brock shot them down, hard to believe he could do the same if it were Jericho. So it's a shame because this could've really been a great feud and the shot in the arm Lesnar's current run and the show as a whole right now needs. I mean sure Jericho would get wrecked but from an entertainment standpoint it would easily be better than anything happening now.

Which is, pretty much nothing.. Sorry but I don't care one bit about Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, or any of the other interchangeable WWE 2K create-a-wrestlers we have nowadays. Hopefully Strowman returns soon and they keep pushing him because he's the only one on the roster who really looks like a future star.

-Raiga-

Wait what? Lesnar vs. Cena was phenomenal. People like to say that that ending the streak is what made Brock into "the beast", but it was actually that Cena match that did it. Shortly after, one of my favorite matches of modern times happened, in the triple threat between Brock, Cena, and Rollins.

Imo I don't think Brock is lazy, I think he's one of the few wrestlers left who truly understands the business. Sorry, but people who think that Lesnar or Goldberg only do a couple moves is "lazy" have completely forgotten what wrestling's about. It's supposed to be a fight, wrestlers are supposed to trying to be ending a match in the quickest and most effective way possible. If in kayfabe, Brock has a move that has turned his career around and is winning him matches, why would he stop doing that?

If only doing a couple moves is lazy, that's basically admitting to the viewers bluntly that they're not even going to PRETEND that wrestling is real anymore, and that all we're going to put on are 20 minute indie 5 star wrestling matches. That's boring to me. I want shows where every match offers something different on it.

The Mega Champion

So apparently...

Cageside Seats is reporting a rumor that WWE is at least considering allowing Jinder to beat Randy for the title as a so-called 'test run'

You know...

I knew WWE didn't have much common sense... but... I wasn't aware that they had ABSOLUTELY NO COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Please save us Sami Zayn.

Laser Shuckle

^Well, It's not like Randy is setting the world on fire as champion. Jinder can't be any worse can he? It's hard to care either way..

Wait what? Lesnar vs. Cena was phenomenal. People like to say that that ending the streak is what made Brock into "the beast", but it was actually that Cena match that did it. Shortly after, one of my favorite matches of modern times happened, in the triple threat between Brock, Cena, and Rollins.

Imo I don't think Brock is lazy, I think he's one of the few wrestlers left who truly understands the business. Sorry, but people who think that Lesnar or Goldberg only do a couple moves is "lazy" have completely forgotten what wrestling's about. It's supposed to be a fight, wrestlers are supposed to trying to be ending a match in the quickest and most effective way possible. If in kayfabe, Brock has a move that has turned his career around and is winning him matches, why would he stop doing that?

If only doing a couple moves is lazy, that's basically admitting to the viewers bluntly that they're not even going to PRETEND that wrestling is real anymore, and that all we're going to put on are 20 minute indie 5 star wrestling matches. That's boring to me. I want shows where every match offers something different on it.

I don't really think he's lazy either and of course I loved the mauling of Cena as well, but in the last couple years since the suplex city gimmick caught fire ALL his singles matches have been just suplex + F5. When was the last time he even used the Kimura lock? It's frustrating because Brock's a freak athlete who's capable of so much more. I'm not saying he needs to be jumping the hell around like Kalisto, It's still entertaining here and there watching him suplex the crap out of someone and the fact that it's only just getting old is a testament to Brock, but a little variety instead of the same two moves for like 2 years now every match would go a really long way.

Same goes for his segments/promos. Can't even remember the last time Brock actually talked. Again, frustrating because he's criminally undervalued here. And I'm sick of just listening to Heyman in the ring for 10 minutes at a time.

Regardless I hope for his next feud we atleast get a few UFC style video packages and some stuff like when Lesnar destroyed that car along with J&J security, rather than just the usual Heyman promo.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So apparently...

Cageside Seats is reporting a rumor that WWE is at least considering allowing Jinder to beat Randy for the title as a so-called 'test run'

You know...

I knew WWE didn't have much common sense... but... I wasn't aware that they had ABSOLUTELY NO COMMON SENSE WHATSOEVER.

Please save us Sami Zayn.

If Jinder becomes WWE Champion then anyone on the WWE rooster is championship material. I wouldn't have had any problem with Jinder as champ if they did it right. Have him win a middle tier belt first like the IC or US Belt and have him be dominate there and if it goes well then by all means give him the WWE belt. But again he was a jobber not that long ago and now I'm expected to believe he can beat champion level guys because he's got two lackeys? Yeah sure.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Djinder Unhindered. Don't think he'll have too long a reign. Could see him feuding with Zayn when he's done with Orton. Hoping Rusev wins the title next though.
Still I'm not mad about Jinder being Champion. Its something new and he's getting great Heel reactions and its far better than Randy Boreton (I stg I hate Randy Orton as a Face s much) with yet another title reign.
I don't really think he's lazy either and of course I loved the mauling of Cena as well, but in the last couple years since the suplex city gimmick caught fire ALL his singles matches have been just suplex + F5. When was the last time he even used the Kimura lock? It's frustrating because Brock's a freak athlete who's capable of so much more. I'm not saying he needs to be jumping the hell around like Kalisto, It's still entertaining here and there watching him suplex the crap out of someone and the fact that it's only just getting old is a testament to Brock, but a little variety instead of the same two moves for like 2 years now every match would go a really long way.

Same goes for his segments/promos. Can't even remember the last time Brock actually talked. Again, frustrating because he's criminally undervalued here. And I'm sick of just listening to Heyman in the ring for 10 minutes at a time.

Regardless I hope for his next feud we atleast get a few UFC style video packages and some stuff like when Lesnar destroyed that car along with J&J security, rather than just the usual Heyman promo.
I blame management. They always run something good into the ground. And Suplex City is no exemption. I don't mind it but you are correct Brock is a beast in ring. And with all his limited appearances let him be a beast to make it worth it. At least the benefit of a potential Reigns/Lesnar feud is to hype up Reigns Lesnar would surely have to bring out his whole arsenal.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

People are misinterpreting him being booed as heel heat though, and that's not true. People are booing him because they genuinely don't want to see him. At least that's the case for me. I didn't think Rusev was interesting as an overpushed evil foreign heel, and I certainly don't find it interesting with Jinder either.

And if people do think he's interesting, or that him being more interesting than Randy(which isn't a hard feat to accomplish) is worth watching, to each to their own. I myself however probably won't be watching SD for the first time in a long time. Not due to soley to Jinder, I'm not that petty :p, but just because ever since the superstar shake-up, it's felt like SD has been getting progressively worse, and even messing up the parts that were, or should, be interesting about it. Such as Styles isn't really doing anything interesting, Cena is non-existent, Owen's new gimmick is a complete bust, etc.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well it looks like Jinder is now a main event guy in WWE. It's that easy. I won't boycott Smackdown or anything but it won't change the fact that a jobber became WWE champion/main eventer with little to no push. Guess I'll give it a chance at least it's something new. I guess anyone can be champion. I had legit doubts about Sami Zayn ever being WWE Champion but after this he's more then qualified.

Laser Shuckle

Jinder got a good reaction because it's Chicago... Plus as stated above he gets mostly go away heat, not actual heel heat.

Still it's something rather than just another borefest orton title reign.

-Raiga-

I actually thought of a pretty crazy idea that would get me to watch the Jinder Reign. So, The New Day are due to arrive on smackdown as soon as Kofi's injury is completely healed. And, I feel like even though they've been getting solid reactions still, that if they just come to smackdown doing the exact same thing with no changes, it's really going to wear the stable dry pretty quickly.

SO, while I don't think they should turn heel again, I think they should be going after a different goal, in particular, trying to see Kofi Kingston to winning the WWE Championship. And I have couple reasons why I think a Kofi/Jinder feud could work well. Firstly, there is the trio vs. trio dynamic of the New Day against Mahal/Singh Brothers. Secondly, New Day is very much a comedy group, and one thing Jinder does do fairly well with is comedy thanks to his stint in 3mb, he'd know how to sell it. And finally, it'd just be a nice mish mash of style. Because Jinder and gang would be trying to be overly serious, while New Day would handle the entertainment side of things.

....plus I just really want to see Kofi win the big one ;p

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
When I first saw Mahal win the #1 contenders match I wasn't ready to accept him in the role he was being pushed into. But the weeks that followed that win changed my mind. Is he a perfect champion? No. But I think it works right now. WWE needs a good heel to be their champion and Mahal has the potential to be a great heel champion. I want to see where this program with Randy Orton will lead to.

Laser Shuckle

I actually thought of a pretty crazy idea that would get me to watch the Jinder Reign. So, The New Day are due to arrive on smackdown as soon as Kofi's injury is completely healed. And, I feel like even though they've been getting solid reactions still, that if they just come to smackdown doing the exact same thing with no changes, it's really going to wear the stable dry pretty quickly.

SO, while I don't think they should turn heel again, I think they should be going after a different goal, in particular, trying to see Kofi Kingston to winning the WWE Championship. And I have couple reasons why I think a Kofi/Jinder feud could work well. Firstly, there is the trio vs. trio dynamic of the New Day against Mahal/Singh Brothers. Secondly, New Day is very much a comedy group, and one thing Jinder does do fairly well with is comedy thanks to his stint in 3mb, he'd know how to sell it. And finally, it'd just be a nice mish mash of style. Because Jinder and gang would be trying to be overly serious, while New Day would handle the entertainment side of things.

....plus I just really want to see Kofi win the big one ;p

Too bad Kofi is black and not indian.. That sounds like a cool program though.

Christ if Vince is coming up with this crap for Jinder he really has gone senile.. Anyone with half a brain already knows he's only getting pushed because India, but do you HAVE to make it blatantly obvious to everyone and their satanic uncle? We get it, there's 1.3 billion people in India and they're all very proud of Jinder... Anything else to this character/angle? Really hard to believe they have any sort of creative team when we get stereotypical pandering crap trash like this. I'm trying to like Jinder because it's something a bit different and I think Mahal has potential too, but if this is the best they can come up with he's going to sink fast.

Another thing, JBL needs to go. I wish they would've ousted him during the whole Mauro "scandal". His constant loud ranting and raving like a lunatic is obnoxious and incredibly annoying, even heel cole was never this bad. Literally ruins every segment he starts going off on.