• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
When I first saw Mahal win the #1 contenders match I wasn't ready to accept him in the role he was being pushed into. But the weeks that followed that win changed my mind. Is he a perfect champion? No. But I think it works right now. WWE needs a good heel to be their champion and Mahal has the potential to be a great heel champion. I want to see where this program with Randy Orton will lead to.

Perhaps. I just hate the fact that WWE is pushing the whole anti-american BS on to him, it's too easy to get heated on.

Another thing, JBL needs to go. I wish they would've ousted him during the whole Mauro "scandal". His constant loud ranting and raving like a lunatic is obnoxious and incredibly annoying, even heel cole was never this bad. Literally ruins every segment he starts going off on.

I doubt WWE is gonna do anything to JBL anytime soon and he's one of Meekmahan's boys , gives financial advices to that megalomaniac I heard.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Perhaps. I just hate the fact that WWE is pushing the whole anti-american BS on to him, it's too easy to get heated on.

I understand using anti-USA to get his initial heat but I want to see his character evolve and change into something that doesn't need to be so anti-USA. At this point I want to see where the character is going to go.

-Raiga-

I mean, to be perfectly honest, the Jinder character has actually been absolutely brilliantly booked and positioned. Because they actually managed to frame his push where it plays off the current racial debates in America. Like, a Jinder promo from an American's perspective is a typical anti-USA promo, but technically from an Indian's perspective he'd be a face.

And by combining that with a push to the moon out of nowhere, it sparks a big divide between fans, causing interest. Like if an American fan says "Jinder doesn't deserve this push", then an Indian fan can be like "why, he doesn't deserve it because he's indian?". It's a very interesting dynamic they've created, whether that be by luck or not.

Certainly I agree that the character has to evolve from this point though. And while I am no fan of Jinder, I hope they stay on pushing him and don't just quit a month from now. If they're going to do something, they should do it right. Especially because if they let Jinder just become another Jack Swagger and immediately fall down the card after holding the title, all that does is devalue the championship.

Laser Shuckle

^ Having sat through the coronation or whatever the hell that was on Smackdown, I think your write-up has more of an interesting dynamic than this angle. Vince wants that indian money, and we're getting the stereotypical anti-american nationality push/character as a result.

That being said hopefully we get more than just that in the coming weeks. Jinder needs to trash Randy in his hometown atleast.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
While I still have a hard time buying that Jinder is the "Champion" on Smackdown I'm going to try and enjoy it. After watching Smackdown I'm still neutral on the whole thing but I will admit this is more interesting then Orton's last run. We'll just have to see. Hard to believe Jinder became champion before Rusev.

Also Becky better win her title back! I have waited long enough. They'll probably just give it to Charlotte. I bet they're itching to give her the belt at Summerslam or sooner.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Out of the two shows I do enjoy Smackdown more now. I'm willing to give Jinder a chance. I want to see where this goes. I've been one of the fans complaining that WWE does nothing new. Well, now I have shut up. Jinder being champion is something different. Plus it's not like Randy Orton was having the most entertaining title reign anyways.

Det. Viper

We don't need to see John Cena back to challenge for the WWE World Championship. Mahal is better off facing the other top SmackDown names like Jericho, Owens, Zayn, Ziggler, Styles. Cena in a program for the championship does not interest me. Cena is better off trying to use his name to put over the next generation of wrestlers (Zayn, Owens, Nakamura, etc.). I wouldn't mind seeing the two face each other if the purpose is to put over Mahal. But another Cena title program is not interesting to me at all.

-Raiga-

You can't put over people if all you do is lose. Jericho tried that a couple years ago and, no one bought any of it because they knew Jericho was losing from the get-go.

And then on the flip side, Cena literally MADE Owens in Owens debut main roster match, with Owens going over. Know why it worked? Because Cena was undefeated as US champ for months straight.

Laser Shuckle

If I recall right Owens lost that feud and tapped out to Cena in their rubber match. Sure he felt like a big deal at the time but afterwards his momentum fizzled away just like with Rusev, Bray, etc. So like that crappy Jericho run people will also know who's losing from the get-go here aswell... Because other than AJ nobody on the SD roster is anywhere near Cena's level. On the one hand I'm sick of both Raw and Smackdown feeling like house shows or an episode of Superstars because Cena is all they have left and he's MIA, but on the other watching him return to elevate someone only to have them fall back down right after losing the feud to him isn't very attractive either. We've seen that millions of times already.

But then there's another option: John Cena putting over the likes of Sami Zayn, Jinder Mahal... xD Is that what things have come to now? John Cena losing to someone like Jinder Mahal? He might aswell stay gone at that point.

The Mega Champion

Did I miss anything on SmackDown last night?

My cable provider had an outage in my area and I was unable to watch it due to that.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I haven't watched Raw in weeks, but I heard Somoa Joe just became the number 1 contender for the Universal title.

The Mega Champion

Okay that's it. I'm not holding back anymore.

I am so SICK AND TIRED of this Braun Strowman BS. IT NEEDS TO STOP. NOW.

The only thing this ***hole deserves is to be thrown down into the hellhole he crawled out of.

PLEASE STOP THIS. NOW.

kthxbye

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑

The only thing this ***hole deserves is to be thrown down into the hellhole he crawled out of.

PLEASE STOP THIS. NOW.

kthxbye

LOL this statement just made my day

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Braun Strowman is WWE's biggest babyface right now, lol. He got a heroes welcome when he returned the other night on RAW.

Det. Viper

PLEASE STOP THIS. NOW.

kthxbye

Braun Strowman absolutely deserves the push that he is receiving right now. Go back and watch the YouTube video of him returning. The crowd went crazy when he appeared. Sure, he's fighting "the guy" but that's only going to help him get even more over with the crowd. I understand that WWE is trying to position Reigns as the next "face of WWE" but he still needs to prove himself. It's not about wins and losses, it's about his actions in the ring. Possibly someday he will get there. Until then, these two have nothing to lose from working together. It is a win-win for them. Reigns slays the monster which leads to his eventual overtaking of the top spot where he can actually call it his yard and Strowman gets to look like this unstoppable monster that will destroy everything in his path. I really wish the both of them nothing but the best for working together. This is only one of two storylines on Raw that I'm actually interested in and I want to enjoy and watch how it plays out.

Laser Shuckle

I like how when Joe came out half the audience was apathetic, when Roman came out he had a divided reaction, but when Braun returned he got the entire crowd to pop lol..

They need to go all in with Strowman. Now that Kane, Undertaker, and Big Show are done we need someone new who isn't a generic 2K create-a-wrestler like Reigns, who's been atop the card for almost 3 years now and aside from some of his matches has entertained a grand total of no one.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
LOL did anyone saw Lavar Ball on tonight's Raw? You know he's gonna run his mouth saying stuff like "beat that n****s a**" twice.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I missed it. I was watching Ninja Warrior during that segment as I was flipping between shows and I normally find celebrity guest boring on RAW so I skipped it. Sounds like it had some controversial words said in it?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I missed it. I was watching Ninja Warrior during that segment as I was flipping between shows and I normally find celebrity guest boring on RAW so I skipped it. Sounds like it had some controversial words said in it?

Well supposedly the younger son says it and Lavar was going off-script.