• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Everyone put their bodies on the line during that Money In The Bank match, and they put on an absolute show....

That MITB match was shaping up to be a terrific match. Unfortunately, it was ruined by Brock Lesnar. He didn't take a single bump, and he won the briefcase. Let me guess. Vinnie Mac wants Brock to cash in on Kofi, so Brock can be WWE champion and hold the WWE Title hostage. What a terrific idea Vince.....

I can't wait for AEW.

I'd rather Kofi keep the title as well. My guess though is Brock will cash in and win at the Super ShowDown in a few weeks

To think i used to like Brock back in 2002 when "Here Comes the Pain" was New.

The WWE Title only showing up 2-4 times a year helps nothing,

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'd rather Kofi keep the title as well. My guess though is Brock will cash in and win at the Super ShowDown in a few weeks

To think i used to like Brock back in 2002 when "Here Comes the Pain" was New.

The WWE Title only showing up 2-4 times a year helps nothing,

I couldn't agree more! I would like to see Kofi hang on to the strap much longer. He's a great in ring performer, and I would love to see him have many more great title matches with other guys on the roster.

I used to like Brock back in the day, but I don't enjoy seeing him hold the belts hostage. Now we'll never see the WWE Champion every week if Brock wins the belt. I like seeing the champion on their respective shows every week. I'm all for a fighting champion who's there every week. Not only that, but does Brock really need another title reign right now? I don't think he does, but that's just me.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Everyone put their bodies on the line during that Money In The Bank match, and they put on an absolute show....

That MITB match was shaping up to be a terrific match. Unfortunately, it was ruined by Brock Lesnar. He didn't take a single bump, and he won the briefcase. Let me guess. Vinnie Mac wants Brock to cash in on Kofi, so Brock can be WWE champion and hold the WWE Title hostage. What a terrific idea Vince.....

I can't wait for AEW.
When I was watching the match I was definitely at the edge of my seat after the Andrade/Bálor bomb spot. Everybody got their spot and looked great. At the end I thought Mustafa Ali was going to win and it could have been a great launching point for his career. He is a great athlete and can have a great match with anybody. It would give him a role that has been vacant since Kofi won the title... someone consistently great, legit mid card title holder that can jump into the main event and put on a great show when needed.

Nope. We got Brock Lesnar that gains nothing for winning the match. Who will also gain nothing if he wins either title for cashing it in. We’ll never see him or whichever title he has. Hopefully he will be one of the few that loses his cash in match.

Also, AEW is a lot of hype right now and I think they may be setting expectations that they may not be able to meet. Yeah they have a great roster and a tv deal but that doesn’t translate to success. WCW had both but couldn’t survive. So AEW really needs to figure out what it is and deliver it at the super high standards of their fan base.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Who knows maybe New Day will distract Brock long enough for Kofi to defend the title?

or Brock will go after Seth Rollins for some reason.

The Mega Champion

*sighs*

Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley just joined AEW. I'm legitimately beginning to worry for the future of WWE. I really am. I grew up watching WWE. I've pretty much been watching it all my life. Or, at the very least, as long as I can remember.

Even back during the 'WCW' days (never watched ECW but I knew about it I think) and during the original 'Monday Night Wars' I always auto-defaulted to WWE. Although, admittedly, I tried to watch WCW as well and would even sometimes watch both. Well... at least until it started 'deteriorating' I guess.

Regardless... I've been a 'WWE lifer' or whatever you want to call it and I'm not going to stop anytime soon. Despite what everyone else seems to have done in this thread, I refuse to give up on WWE and I won't be giving up on it anytime soon. Because it has been, and probably always will be, my favorite.

But I'm worried. Extremely worried. All of this 'bad news' is just not good and even I have to admit. Which I hate to do.

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to end up being FORCED to watch AEW. I really don't. In fact I won't. Unless... the absolute worst-case scenario happens I guess.

What I mean by that... is WWE going out of business. Yes I'm that worried.

Is it really getting to this point? Where WWE is on the verge of actually going out of business and it being another 'WCW' scenario except with WWE instead?

Someone please make me feel better or just say I'm overreacting or something. Or just continue bashing WWE and say 'lol they screwed watch AEW' or 'took you long enough to realize it' or just troll responses in general. Seriously don't do that. That's not what I need right now.

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. BE. FORCED. TO. WATCH. AEW.

:(

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
*sighs*

Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley just joined AEW. I'm legitimately beginning to worry for the future of WWE. I really am. I grew up watching WWE. I've pretty much been watching it all my life. Or, at the very least, as long as I can remember.

Even back during the 'WCW' days (never watched ECW but I knew about it I think) and during the original 'Monday Night Wars' I always auto-defaulted to WWE. Although, admittedly, I tried to watch WCW as well and would even sometimes watch both. Well... at least until it started 'deteriorating' I guess.

Regardless... I've been a 'WWE lifer' or whatever you want to call it and I'm not going to stop anytime soon. Despite what everyone else seems to have done in this thread, I refuse to give up on WWE and I won't be giving up on it anytime soon. Because it has been, and probably always will be, my favorite.

But I'm worried. Extremely worried. All of this 'bad news' is just not good and even I have to admit. Which I hate to do.

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to end up being FORCED to watch AEW. I really don't. In fact I won't. Unless... the absolute worst-case scenario happens I guess.

What I mean by that... is WWE going out of business. Yes I'm that worried.

Is it really getting to this point? Where WWE is on the verge of actually going out of business and it being another 'WCW' scenario except with WWE instead?

Someone please make me feel better or just say I'm overreacting or something. Or just continue bashing WWE and say 'lol they screwed watch AEW' or 'took you long enough to realize it' or just troll responses in general. Seriously don't do that. That's not what I need right now.

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. BE. FORCED. TO. WATCH. AEW.

:(

No one is forcing you to watch AEW. -face palm-

With AEW on the rise WWE really needs to step up their game instead of relying heavily on Brock Lesnar.

The Mega Champion

No one is forcing you to watch AEW. -face palm-

With AEW on the rise WWE really needs to step up their game instead of relying heavily on Brock Lesnar.

I get that but are they on the verge of going out of business or it being another 'WCW' scenario except with WWE instead with all of this recent bad news?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I thought Double Or Nothing was highly entertaining. It was a great PPV. AEW is off to a good start thus far, and I can't wait to see more. That Dustin vs Cody match was very entertaining, and so was the Kenny vs Jericho match. The Young Bucks and Lucha Bros put on a terrific tag team match. I was even impressed with the womens matches. It's also great to see good ole Jim Ross back at a commentary table. I missed him so much.

Hopefully AEW gets Vinnie Mac to step up his game, but I doubt it. He's too out of touch and ignorant. He doesn't care what the fans want and never will. I feel like the company will be in better hands if Triple H gets to takeover it full time. We shall see when the time comes.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I get that but are they on the verge of going out of business or it being another 'WCW' scenario except with WWE instead with all of this recent bad news?
Well WWE really needs to get their head out of their asses and start producing some quality shows instead of half baked segments. I think you're just overreacting.

I thought Double Or Nothing was highly entertaining. It was a great PPV. AEW is off to a good start thus far, and I can't wait to see more. That Dustin vs Cody match was very entertaining, and so was the Kenny vs Jericho match. The Young Bucks and Lucha Bros put on a terrific tag team match. I was even impressed with the womens matches. It's also great to see good ole Jim Ross back at a commentary table. I missed him so much.

Hopefully AEW gets Vinnie Mac to step up his game, but I doubt it. He's too out of touch and ignorant. He doesn't care what the fans want and never will. I feel like the company will be in better hands if Triple H gets to takeover it full time. We shall see when the time comes.
I haven't watched Double or Nothing but heard a lot of praises coming in (not from Meltzer lol).

Meekmahan too focus on his pet project XFL lol. With all the bloody money coming from the Saudis and the TV deal with FOX, you can tell he doesn't give a s--- about what the fans want. If I remember correctly that Meekmahan's family did a segment (I believe 2 months ago) saying the fans- I mean the WWE Universe are the "Authority" of WWE or some crap like that. But it turns out to be the same ol' s--- later on the night lol.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1097755-wwe-main-roster-competed-tv-two-weeks

According to the article above about 50 main roster wrestlers haven’t been on TV for two weeks. This includes the Raw Tag Team Champs, The Viking Experience, Asuka and Kairi Sane, among others. If we exclude names like Kane, Rhyno, Shelton Benjamin, etc., it is still an insane amount of talent not being utilized. The main problem is obviously the “Wild Card Rule” giving Kofi Kingston, Roman Reigns and others time on Raw and Drew McIntyre, Sami Zayn, Lacey Evans and others having time on SmackDown. The brand split is supposed to alleviate this issue and give more time to the lower card talent. This Wild Card is taking time away from talent the could be the stars of tomorrow because they are too focused on the stars of today. I was okay with some crossing over leading up to WrestleMania but after the hard line between shows should be in place. This is going to become a continuing issue as long as this dumb Wild Card Rule is a thing.

-Raiga-

You know what the funny thing is, is that WWE is hording talent so they don't jump to AEW right? But incrementally releasing only a couple talent at a time is what allows AEW to hire said talent and capitalize on their momentum.

If WWE just outright released 30 unused roster members at the same time, what could AEW do? They could only hire 3-4 of them at most, and the ones they don't hire then and there would lose their momentum by the time they could.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm surprised that with all of the criticism going on, I haven't seen any comments about Mox's interviews with Jericho/Wade Keller/radio shows, etc.

It really put the creative process in perspective, as in highlighting the biggest problem with it. For all the times people say "People get paid to write this stuff???", he actually pointed out how the writers know a segment is terrible, the biggest problem being how they're forced to write for an audience of one. Vince has all of them by the balls and they can't do anything about it, so they'll write the segments he wants and nothing else because WWE is his plaything and only his.

And that's why the only thing I pay attention to these days is the two things I find entertaining, Firely Fun House and 24/7 title segments, through social media. Nothing in this company is ever going to change, so another "off season" has begun. I'll probably hop back in to watch at some point(DON'T FORGET, YOU'RE HERE FOREVER) but eh who knows when that'll be.

Nodqfan

I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm surprised that with all of the criticism going on, I haven't seen any comments about Mox's interviews with Jericho/Wade Keller/radio shows, etc.

It really put the creative process in perspective, as in highlighting the biggest problem with it. For all the times people say "People get paid to write this stuff???", he actually pointed out how the writers know a segment is terrible, the biggest problem being how they're forced to write for an audience of one. Vince has all of them by the balls and they can't do anything about it, so they'll write the segments he wants and nothing else because WWE is his plaything and only his.

And that's why the only thing I pay attention to these days is the two things I find entertaining, Firely Fun House and 24/7 title segments, through social media. Nothing in this company is ever going to change, so another "off season" has begun. I'll probably hop back in to watch at some point(DON'T FORGET, YOU'RE HERE FOREVER) but eh who knows when that'll be.

I feel as though if Vince wasn't involved in the creative process with the tv shows they would be better, not sure by how much though.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That Goldberg/Undertaker match was hard to watch. Once Goldberg busted his head open, the match was all downhill from there.

Then again, what did we expect? A 54 and a 52 year old were wrestling in 100 degree heat. Not only that, but both men are way past their primes. This is a match that should have happened back in 2004 at least. This match was botch mania. It's hard to believe that Goldberg once jackhammered Big Show. However, that was back in the WCW days, though....

I had a bad feeling about this match from the get go. This match was a major cash grab. I love the Undertaker, but he needs to hang it up. He has done enough for this bussiness. Hopefully he gets a proper retirement match soon. I really hope that wasn't his last match....

Det. Viper

That Goldberg/Undertaker match was hard to watch. Once Goldberg busted his head open, the match was all downhill from there.

Then again, what did we expect? A 54 and a 52 year old were wrestling in 100 degree heat. Not only that, but both men are way past their primes. This is a match that should have happened back in 2004 at least. This match was botch mania. It's hard to believe that Goldberg once jackhammered Big Show. However, that was back in the WCW days, though....

I had a bad feeling about this match from the get go. This match was a major cash grab. I love the Undertaker, but he needs to hang it up. He has done enough for this bussiness. Hopefully he gets a proper retirement match soon. I really hope that wasn't his last match....
I agree that the match needed to happen about 10 or 15 years ago but the botch fest wasn’t entirely either of their faults. From the reports I read Goldberg was knocked unconscious when he busted his head open on the turnbuckle resulting in a concussion. He was unable to regain his composure during the match and after enough botched spots Undertaker called the match just before his final choke slam. If you see Taker’s face just after the pin fall he is visually upset about the match. I knew something was up then. So at least that explains why the match was so painful to see.

Det. Viper

Elias, Daniel Bryan, Erick Rowan, R-Truth, Carmella, Kevin Owens, Kofi Kingston, Big E, Xavier Woods, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Roman Reigns and Bayley. All the SmackDown superstars I saw on Raw tonight. That’s definitely more than the 4 Wild Cards allowed per show. 9 more to be exact. They should just tell us the brand split is over already since everybody is just appearing on whatever show they want.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The brand slit is over, they just aren't saying it. This Wild Card rule makes a brand split pointless. I hope AEW puts the pressure on WWE to make them actually try to put on a good show. Right now AEW is the only interesting thing about wrestling as far as I'm concerned. WWE is just unwatchable. Even Becky Lynch can't save it for me anymore :(

Nodqfan

Actually felt that RAW was pretty good this week with a show long arc of Rollins taking out everyone with the potential to be the ref for his match vs Corbin. Firefly Funhouse was excellent as usual. The Five-way match was okay, I personally would've preferred Braun, Cesaro, or Miz to win. Looks like a version of the Club might be forming. Personally, they should've done this ages ago, the rest of the was meh, I don't like that Roman vs Shane is still going and Bliss is going to turn on Cross when she loses.

When they want to WWE can put on a good show, can they keep it up? Probably not but it's nice to know that it can happen every once in a while.

Bencif

What did everyone think of Stomping Grounds? I personally really enjoyed Joe v Ricochet. A bit surprised to see Ricochet win the title but hopefully it means Joe will move on to other things. Looks like AJ will be sniffing around for a title shot. That match should be great.