• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
So... anyone have anything to say about how WWE has now copied off AEW twice now?
Impact copies WWE, ROH and AEW.
ROH copies Impact, WWE and AEW.
AEW copies Impact, WWE and ROH.
WWE copies Impact, ROH and AEW.

That’s what competition does. No different when Coca-Cola introduced Coke Zero. Pepsi copied and made Pepsi Zero. Also no different when one fast food place introduced a 4 for $4 options. And others respond with their own version of it.

So the copy is nothing new in the world of business and honestly not all that exciting.

The Mega Champion

I still don't understand the point of letting Charlotte be NXT Women's Champ.

My best guess is they thought it would get NXT more ratings, it FAILED MISERABLY (it did), and now she's dropped it.

So now they may have her go crawling back to RAW where they will probably have her reignite her fued with Asuka for the RAW Women's Title.

Thumps up WWE. (/sarcasm)

Nodqfan

So Wrestling's kinda going through its own version of the #MeToo move right now called #SpeakingOut. Basically it started when a woman accused David Starr of sexual assault, and it's growing to include names like Jordan Devlin, Matt Riddle, Wolfgang, Jim Cornette, Dave Lagana, Joe Coffey who've all been accused of abuse in some way and they'll probably be more coming.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#SpeakingOut&src=trend_click

If this does not change wrestling as a whole nothing will.

WalesNote

Love wrestling. Nothing better than watching big lovely dudes strip down to their underwear and share extended durations of physical body contact with each other. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Det. Viper

So Wrestling's kinda going through its own version of the #MeToo move right now called #SpeakingOut. Basically it started when a woman accused David Starr of sexual assault, and it's growing to include names like Jordan Devlin, Matt Riddle, Wolfgang, Jim Cornette, Dave Lagana, Joe Coffey who've all been accused of abuse in some way and they'll probably be more coming.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#SpeakingOut&src=trend_click

If this does not change wrestling as a whole nothing will.
There is some change happening for wrestling when it comes to this topic. Sammy Guevara was suspended without pay and ordered to take classes for his comments (I am happy to see that his pay is being donated to a charity while he is away), multiple wrestlers are being suspended while an investigation is being conducted and the big one is that wrestlers are actually being fired outright for the substantiated claims made against them. Joey Ryan of Impact and Jack Gallagher of WWE being the two biggest names so far. It’s important that they are all being held accountable for their actions.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This Randy Orton/Edge feud has been fire.

It looks like the Undertaker is retired for sure now. Honesty, the match he had against AJ Styles is a great way to go out. It might not get any better than that.

The Mega Champion

I can't defend this ****. I seriously can't. In all my years as a WWE fan... this is the most atrocious, disgusting, and abhorrent thing they have ever done.

Not only is there now a COVID outbreak in WWE... it was preventable. But did they? No. Because Vince McMahon is the god damn Trump of WWE.

There's only one thing to do at this point. I suggest it's done. NOW.

SHUT

IT

DOWN

I can live without WWE for a couple of months or however long it takes.

There is no defense to this. AT ALL.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I haven't watched WWE since Becky Lynch left. And with many staying home I wonder who they still have wrestling in the promotion right now.

Det. Viper

I haven't watched WWE since Becky Lynch left. And with many staying home I wonder who they still have wrestling in the promotion right now.
Based on what they have listed on their roster on their website and then disregarding injuries, Lesnar and those that live in Canada there is only two people electing to stay at home: Sami Zayn and Roman Reigns.

NXT UK wrestlers that live in the US are working NXT right now while the ones that live in the UK are getting paid to stay home and safe at this moment. So, yeah, only two have decided to stay home for the time being.

(Kevin Owens was going to stay home but decided to continue working after the mask mandate that WWE has put in place recently.)

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
This Randy Orton/Edge feud has been fire.

It looks like the Undertaker is retired for sure now. Honesty, the match he had against AJ Styles is a great way to go out. It might not get any better than that.

I personally think he should have retired after losing the Streak to Lesnar.

Wrestlemania is/was the only time he showed up and i figured it was only because of the Streak. Once he lost it, what was the point in any more Wrestmania matches.

The Mega Champion

From my observations, since I'm still watching both RAW and SmackDown (mostly because there's nothing else on to watch)...

Both the RAW and SmackDown roster are about half the size of what it was before the pandemic hit. Possibly more.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Randy Orton has been on absolute fire!!! I'm definitely looking forward to his match with Drew Mcintyre. I can't wait to see how things play out when Edge returns because I know they aren't done with him and Orton.

The Stowman and Bray/Fiend storyline has been entertaining as well.

Det. Viper

So... about that 2020 Draft... clearly Raw won the draft pool taking The New Day (minus E), Bray Wyatt, Alexa Bliss, AJ Styles, Miz/Morrison, Braun Strowman, Jeff Hardy among others from SmackDown. While SmackDown gets the pleasure of saying it took Seth Rollins, Rey Mysterio, and Kevin Owens as their notable names from Raw. Huge loss of star power to the show that’s on an OTA channel broadcast to more homes than Raw.

One thing that makes no sense to me in the draft is splitting up some of these teams. If you could draft Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods and Big E together then why wouldn’t you? Or picking both Otis and Tucker instead of just one of them? Maximize your picks and get the 2-for-1 deal (3-for-1 in New Day’s case). Another thing is that the rosters are supposed to be separate starting with today’s Raw (last two weeks it was basically unbranded). And The Riott Squad and Otis (under a mask) were on the show and the three of them are SmackDown wrestlers. I mean, I just want to see some logical storytelling. Is that too much to ask?

The Mega Champion

Well it's Royal Rumble season so you know what that means. Honestly... I still feel like it's going to be far worse than it normally is with it in the Thunderdome and no live fans. It also makes me think that there will be absolutely no 'surprise' entrants to the Royal Rumble matches either (other than NXT people I guess but that kind of thing just makes me facepalm more than cheer)

But it is what it is I suppose. Hopefully 2022 will be back to normal with Royal Rumbles that are far better in front of live crowds.

Either way here are who I want to win and who I think will win the respective Royal Rumble matches this year.

Who I want to win:

Men: Daniel Bryan or Edge
Women: Honestly... idk. Charlotte Flair I guess. Though that would make a 2 year in a row winner but it would make sense story wise so she can backstab Asuka (come on we all know it's coming). Other than that the only winner that might make me smile and cheer would probably be someone like Bianca Belair and maybe Rhea Ripley (she's disappeared from NXT from what I've heard so it makes me feel like they'll try to get her over by winning the Women's Rumble)

Who I think will win:

Men: Daniel Bryan or Goldberg (yes I'm aware he's fighting for the WWE title against McIntyre but I can't help but feel like he'll end up in the Rumble anyway and WWE will let him win so he can fight Roman again)
Women: Again... idk. Pretty much the same as above really. Charlotte Flair would make sense. Bianca Belair potentially as well as Rhea Ripley. There's one possibility that I'm scared out of my mind about though. Potentially anyway. Which is... a 'surprise entrant' occurring after all and they end up winning it. Not only that... it could potentially be the most controversial thing WWE has done since they let Batista win the Rumble after he came back that one year. I'm of course talking about that controversial woman................ named Tessa Blanchard.

UGH

help

Laser Shuckle

On this day... I decided to post again too. Well Edge did win, wasn't expecting that. Christian returning was really cool aswell. Otherwise this felt like a by the numbers rumble match.

I have to say though, and this goes for Raw & SD in particular, I can't stand the LED audience and the crowd noise means nothing when I have no doubt they're manipulating the audio at every turn. (The crowd counting down the numbers to the next entrant in the rumble sounded especially fake...) I remember lamenting on how overproduced the shows were years ago, well now with the LED screens and those Cheesy 3D graphics they do during the entrances along with the absurd Alexa Bliss/Wyatt stuff It's pretty unwatchable right now and I don't know how others are doing it.

Shame because I'm interested in what they're doing with Mcintyre, Sheamus and Edge.

Det. Viper

I personally enjoy the stuff with Wyatt and Bliss. They are taking advantage of the situation and turning them more into a supernatural mystique like Undertaker.

I would suspect given this past week that Edge is going to wind up on SmackDown taking our Roman Reigns. (Speaking of: I’m surprised The Mega Champion hasn’t spent the last 6 months telling us to acknowledge him.)

The LED audience and the artificial crowd noise is the best they can do right now. Not a good idea to pack 30k people shoulder-to-shoulder in an arena yet. It looks better than having nothing there like with Impact.

-Raiga-

I personally enjoy the stuff with Wyatt and Bliss. They are taking advantage of the situation and turning them more into a supernatural mystique like Undertaker.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the new Bliss character.

She's essentially the new, old Bray Wyatt. She does a bunch of random "spooky" things each week, but none of it has any continuity or purpose. Instead of the writers using a character with supernatural powers to write better stories, it's instead used an excuse to not write anything and instead do wacky false finishes 24/7.

Look at how in the span of less than a week, Randy went from having 2nd degree face burns to none at all by the Rumble. It's clear they have no plan for anything Bliss/Bray do.

Laser Shuckle

New, old Bray Wyatt sums it up perfectly.

I don't see the point anymore to what they're doing with him myself. Why take Wyatt off TV if Alexa is just gonna do his schtick for him? And overexpose the gimmick to the point of melted cheese in the process?

I liked the firefly inferno match, but they should've dialed it back down from there. Typical WWE, they are overdoing it instead. Dropping Bray Wyatt and just calling him the Fiend is mind numbingly stupid as well. He's supposed to be two separate characters after all.

Oh well, what can you do... The show is difficult for me to watch anyway even when the stories aren't being written 2 minutes before the show every week.