• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

celestial phantom

True, I would rather see a superstar cash it in and have it announced, and be an actual normal match on a PPV or show. The only guy to legitamately do this was RVD at One Night Stand back in 2006. And, the crowd at the famed Hammersteinball Room were all over that match too. Gosh, they need to have another situation like that, that place loved the matches, and were all over with the Cena hate back then. Throwing his shirt back at him like 5 times, the constant RVD chants, and the cheers of THANK YOU EDGE when he screwed Cena over, such a great was to cash in the money in the bank.

The only other guy to actually say so in advance was CM Punk when he cashed in on Jeff Hardy after Hardy/Edge went through like a ladder match or TLC??? in 2009. Of course, it wasn't a full planned out match, which they were really able to build up for a few weeks, but it didn't really help Punk out except start his road as being a pretty good heel character for most of 2009-11 before his "imfamous" summer of punk 2 promo that lead to MITB vs Cena for the Title.

I'd like a face superstar to win it, announce it in advance, and win through a clean, hard fought match. I was really thinking that DB would have done this when he said he intended to cash in at WM, however I think that because of plans changing and putting it on him at TLC....that has worked out way better for his career. However, I'd like someone like Ziggler to win and announce it in advance and maybe it'd give him a run as a face or something, because I don't want to see Ziggler get in MITB, win it, and have to resort to the "cheap" method of cashing it...he's too good to do so, and he's been proving it in all the matches he's had as of late, since late last year.

REL720

The Elusive Man
Am I the only one who thought Rey was going to come out and face Alberto Del Rio?

celestial phantom

Nope...I thought it was Rey going to be the surprise opponent, but Cara would have done nicely had the match started properly. Not a bad raw overall, however I felt they did mess up part of the show with some overbooking. The 8 man tag was just hell of a poor booking.

Doink...the...f'ing...clown was on my TV why? I honestly hate Doink with a passion now and forever. This is one match I was glad Slater won...and afterward DDP comes out and DIAMOND CUTTER'S Slater...so over good night.

TV went out in Show/Kane, but i hear it was pretty good, and from the parts that came in and out on my tv looked like a good kane/show match. Also Kidd beats Tensai in a quick match...I really hope this is a legit push for Kidd.

Finally we get Cena/Punk vs Jericho/DB in the main event. Not only was Punk finally back in the main event, but we got a good match here. Although we didn't get an ending...we got AJ playing her hot role perfectly...and she plays a hell of a role. Kissing Punk then pushing him off into the table and into DB....that was unexpected. And that is what WWE should be, unexpected.

REL720

The Elusive Man
Nope...I thought it was Rey going to be the surprise opponent, but Cara would have done nicely had the match started properly. Not a bad raw overall, however I felt they did mess up part of the show with some overbooking. The 8 man tag was just hell of a poor booking.

What do you expect when Teddy is the GM, PLAYA? Nonstop tag matches.

Finally we get Cena/Punk vs Jericho/DB in the main event. Not only was Punk finally back in the main event, but we got a good match here. Although we didn't get an ending...we got AJ playing her hot role perfectly...and she plays a hell of a role. Kissing Punk then pushing him off into the table and into DB....that was unexpected. And that is what WWE should be, unexpected.

I honestly thought AJ was going to jump off onto the table just to see who cared about her the most. But what she did was unexpected. So props to the creative team.

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

Kane vs Show was just ok. Show won by slamming Kane onto a steel chair.

Sucks Sin Cara got annihilated by Del Rio. but Cara was only interesting when he first debuted anyway. Plus the lighting during his matches is annoying.

Main event was great. finally CM Punk is in it and Cena is nowhere to be seen. AJ continues to steal the show by laying out the WWE champ and Daniel Bryan.......... Maybe AJ should face Big Show.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I want to see AJ as the WWE champ for one night. No really between her biting off roses and attempting to put herself through a table out of sheer insanity it would be very entertaining for one RAW night. Honestly she's the highlight of this CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan feud for me and if not for her I probably would have grown bored with this feud, similar to Cena vs Orton.

RAW was pretty fun for me. With so many guys gone for the moment like Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Miz, and Wade Barret, new stars get time to shine. Tyson Kidd for example, defeats Tensai not "Lord" he's just Tensai now. Tensai beat Cena and Punk, the two big superstars of RAW so a win over this guy is huge for Tyson Kidd. I hope they push him till he earns a IC or US belt. Looking forward to it.

David Otunga lost to Christian, Santino, Kofi, and R-Truth. Mainly because his tag team partners bailed on him and Da Funksaurus came out and made sure he would lose. Maybe if Otunga came out to his own awesome theme music he would overcome the odds and win. I guess Otunga might enter a feud with Brodus Clay, since Big Show is still feuding with Cena for some reason. Speaking of Big Show he defeats Kane, no real surprise and Kane is regressing more and more to what he was before putting back on his mask.

The one man jobbing band, Heath Slater defeated the clown Doink. The right man won. Heath Slater doesn't job to just anyone. I have to say Heath Slater if done right could be the next Santino...or a anti-Santino. Santino was a heel at first but he got over with the crowd and is now a popular midcard hero face. Maybe Slater can do that do. Oh and DDP came back and gave him a RKO...I mean Diamond Cutter.

Dolph Ziggler and Vickie, who slowly seem to be falling apart lose to Sheamus and AJ. But Punk didn't watch the match and this didn't sit well with AJ. So during the main event Cena and Punk vs Jericho and Bryan she skipped out and tried to get attention, and when this failed AJ got angry. So angry that she set up a table and was prepared to jump through it. I love her face when she's setting the table up and I actually wanted her to do it, simply for her to enjoy the pain and really sell that she's insane. Instead she puts both Punk and Bryan through the table, screwing them both. Seriously I want AJ as champion at least for one night. It would be so interesting.

RAW was entertaining and I can't wait for the 1000 episode. I hope Rock and Undertaker make appearances.

Vernikova

Champion
And a few months after my last viewing of anything WWE related, I see the same people in the main event picture and a lot of boring plot lines. Looks like it'll be another couple of months until I check in again to see if they improved in anything.

Laser Shuckle

I want to see AJ as the WWE champ for one night. No really between her biting off roses and attempting to put herself through a table out of sheer insanity it would be very entertaining for one RAW night.

Lol where would that leave the crappy Divas belt? plus it would ruin the championship belt's credibility.

I guess AJ will feud with Eve after this Bryan/Punk angle is over.

RAW was entertaining and I can't wait for the 1000 episode. I hope Rock and Undertaker make appearances.

Undertaker is a given, Don't know about Rock or Stone Cold.

Undertaker is supposedly going to appear at a FCW event sometime in August too.

abrar14

Statter Master
My ones are the Rock, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, New Age Outlaws, Rikishi, Ron Simmons, Mick Foley, Bobby Heenan, Edge, Trish Stratus :):):), Stacy Keibler, and Lita

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Lol where would that leave the crappy Divas belt? plus it would ruin the championship belt's credibility.

I guess AJ will feud with Eve after this Bryan/Punk angle is over.

Undertaker is supposedly going to appear at a FCW event sometime in August too.

Layla would still be Divas champ, obviously. I never expected her to drop that belt to AJ. As far the WWE Championship credibility goes, the belt already plays second to John Cena storylines anyway unless he's aiming for it himself. Even though Punk's held the belt for a long time and had a good run with it he's still second to John Cena at nearly all the PPV's. Granted WWE will never put their biggest belt on a female wrestler no matter how good she is in the ring, it would make for a interesting story at least for a single night.

celestial phantom

Honestly...I didn't mind seeing some tag team matches on Raw. Especially when one had the tag/IC/US champ in a match against four other guys, 2 of whom the tag champs are supposed to be feuding with. However, they completely overbooked it and made it worse than what it could have been. Otunga's entire team walks out on him, then they add the funkasaurus Brodus Clay...ok that's complete overkill right there.

The other was the main event, and OMG CM PUNK was in it along with DB, jericho, and cena...also AJ makes an appearance. This one wasn't really that overbooked. The guys beat the hell out of each other, AJ shows up and pretends like she'll jump off into a table with Punk/DB watching and they make game time decisions involving their storyline on that, especially because it led to something completely unexpected. By far this tag match had the better booking and wasn't as overbooked as the first one.

charizardfan

As the only remaining guy on the roster who was there when Raw first aired, it'd be weird to not see 'Taker on Raw #1000. I can't imagine Stone Cold not being there either. And I remember reading that Rock was being advertised on that show, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Laser Shuckle

As the only remaining guy on the roster who was there when Raw first aired, it'd be weird to not see 'Taker on Raw #1000. I can't imagine Stone Cold not being there either. And I remember reading that Rock was being advertised on that show, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Well Brock was supposedly advertised for Monday's Raw, but never showed up... I hope it's a different story for the Rock.

Smackdown was pretty awesome. better than the last few live Tuesday episodes anyway. surprised Ryder won the battle royal. And Alberto had a good segment too.

The AJ segment was pretty bizarre. Cole talks down to AJ then hits on her? Cm Punk finally got serious but I guess getting kissed by AJ can really mess with your brain. It looks like my earlier prediction might be correct with AJ being against all of them. Hopefully they don't go to far out there with this angle because it's starting to tread the nonsensical line.

Punk and Bryan were the real winners of this episode though. their faces when AJ was leaving the arena were priceless.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I wanted Kane to win Smackdown's Battle Royale. I mean come on, think of all the twisted insane matches Kane could think of. The only reason Kane lost is because it's PG. But the Battle Royale itself was good. Many superstars who were rivals at one point or another got to touch again like Kane vs Ryder, Big Show vs Cody Rhodes, heck even small ones like John Cena vs ADR. In the end I guess it's cool that Zack Ryder won. I mean at least this gives him focus and hopefully he'll enter a real feud with Damien Sandow soon. Loved how he tried to throw punch on him only to miss and hit Eve and the Great American Bash party, it was also cool to see Kane start the fire for the barbeque.

Did Micheal Cole actually hit on AJ? My how things changed, thankfully Daniel Bryan stopped that weird segement but when CM Punk came out I loved how AJ's expressions change from that crazy smile to being unpleased.

The matches for Smackdown were more or less all the same but I was entertained. Alberto Del Rio got one over on Sheamus by slamming him in his car, The backstage party was entertaining especially with Da Funkasaurus and Zack Ryder seemed to lead the party, it's good they are using him. Cody Rhodes is finally in the MIB as is Ziggler. I predict one of them to win. Overall a pretty cool super Smackdown.

celestial phantom

The live SD was pretty cool really. I liked how Ryder won the battle royal and becomes the GM for next week on SD. It at least shows that creative hasn't totally forgotten about him especially because A) he got shots in on Sandow B) got payback on eve and C) went over Kane in the battle royal. Boom 3 people he has a problem with and he gets payback in 1 night. I hope this turns into a feud with Sandow though.

The part with DB, AJ, and Punk was just cool. I could have done without cole trying to hit on AJ...as that was just downright scary...especially with cole being married. However, Punk telling Cole to get the hell out of the ring brought back some good old nostalgic days of Rock/Stone Cold/DX picking on Cole. AJ kissing both guys and leaving them with those confused looks was priceless too. Pretty much left the guys with a "huh....what just happened" look on their faces that most guys have when something unexpected happens with women.

Really, just fun segments all over as expected for this kind of episode. Guest appearances by Hacksaw and the Sgt. which was fun as it's the 4th of July time of year. However, I hate seeing Drew Mcintyre job like that nor Hunico either. Also...is it me or did they just magically appear out of nowhere? Jobbers = magicmen

Only problem with the night was Khali/Layla vs Cesaro/Aksana...literally no one gave a damn, and that's a bad sign. I'm hoping Cesaro rebounds to get over with the crowd, being an big name in the indies like Punk/Bryan as Claudio Castanogli, and really hope good things happen for him.

charizardfan

Austin Aries won in a great PPV, if anyone watches TNA here.
Yeah, that was a pretty awesome match. Surprising, too. I thought for sure that Roode was holding the belt all the way until BFG. I don't think Aries' reign is going to be that long, though. After Roode, the only other main event heels for him to face would be Bully Ray and Chris Daniels. But they established him in the main event, so that's good enough for me.

I've been watching TNA ever since Impact went live and it's been a pretty fun and fresh product. They're on a roll right now. Great television shows (that horrible AJ/Daniels/Dixie/Claire storyline nonwithstanding) and two awesome pay-per-views with Slamiversary and Destination X.

Last edited: