• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Laser Shuckle

You guys are missing my point. Stupid decisions, whether they are all the champions losing at a show, having punk lose the title to a part-timer, jobbing out superstars to NXT rookie Bo Dallas just to take him off t.v., etc. are all stupid decisions under the same umbrella.

My problem with WWE is that they can still put on an awesome show while aiming it at kids, but are seemingly trying to put on the worst show they can. I can say one thing for sure, if I were a kid in the this day and age, I would NOT be a fan of wrestling.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you there. I was just giving a reasonable explanation for all the negative posts here towards this week's Raw in particular.

Also CM Punk is supposed to be out on injury possibly until Summerslam so that's another big blow right there...

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Also CM Punk is supposed to be out on injury possibly until Summerslam so that's another big blow right there...

f*** that, that's like 90% of the reason why I watch RAW. idk how committed I'm gonna be to WWE now

Nightmareisalive

I just wish everything wasn't so watered down. There's a lot you can get away with while keeping it PG. Seems like WWE forgot that.

I seriously don't see what the kids like in Cena, I mean when I was a kid I liked all the cool people, (Kane,Mankind/Taker/Hardys/Lita/Rock/Austin/Brood/Godfather and so on) I seriously couldn't see myself being a fan of the current, even if I still a kid. I think parents force their kids to like him lol.

If I was still a kid today I'd probably like wrestlers with a gimmick, not the generic hulks running about today. I miss when everyone was Kofi/Miz sized or had defining features like Taker/Kane/Show. It made the generic people stand out more(Austin/Rock(look wise)). They were damn good on the mic though.

I blame the writing really, gimmcks really need to come back, even if they are a little cheesy.

The whole PG thing is the reason I went of WWE for a while. They have tried to hard to make it "safe" for kids that they forgot about the older fans. Why don't they realize that its better for the product to be more violent than it already is. It keeps older fans happy and attracts younger fans you want to see what all the hype is about.

It needs more gimmick wrestlers to add a bit of flair to the show. I watched WWE for Taker, Kane and all the other freaky gimmicks because they were fun and when compared to the "normal" gimmicks stand out far better and look more scarier.

It needs to drop all this PG c*** and get back the better story-lines and stop all this advertising stuff that WWE do outside the ring.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
The whole PG thing is the reason I went of WWE for a while. They have tried to hard to make it "safe" for kids that they forgot about the older fans. Why don't they realize that its better for the product to be more violent than it already is. It keeps older fans happy and attracts younger fans you want to see what all the hype is about.

It needs more gimmick wrestlers to add a bit of flair to the show. I watched WWE for Taker, Kane and all the other freaky gimmicks because they were fun and when compared to the "normal" gimmicks stand out far better and look more scarier.

It needs to drop all this PG c*** and get back the better story-lines and stop all this advertising stuff that WWE do outside the ring.

they're literally doing the same thing as the Pokémon anime. kids watch WWE. by the time they grow up and get tired of it, there's already a new generation of fans

-Raiga-

Well, I disagree with most all of this. Like I said in my previous post, being PG has next to zero to do with the crappy product. Being PG at the end of the day really only means lighter toned stories and no blood, that's about it.

Anything else like predictable booking, every wrestler having an arsenal of 3 moves, and no character development are facets of writing, or as I'm more inclined to believe, vince/HHH/Stephanies vision of how the writing should be done. As I've said in posts a few months ago, no one makes their career writing and writes "Antonio cesaro say 5 words in a different language and gets massively over".

Personally, I quite liked the era right around Randy Orton's historic heel turn, because it put the focus back on wrestling and not 30 minute promos, and yet we didn't get stupid stuff like Kane electrocuting Shane's balls too. And while people had gimmicks, they were logical, like MVP or John Morrison.

Last edited:

celestial phantom

Yeah the focus at the end of the day is the almighty dollar. With a growing group of wrestlers on their actual roster, they really needed to add more in terms of wrestling. That's why we're getting 6 hours of wrestling a week on TV + the half hour saturday morning slam, and then the hour long or so Superstars that are done with the smackdown tapings. That's just too much waiting around for shows for the audiences to actually be invested in especially when superstars/smackdown usually not having much going on. Main Event might have something worth while at times, but honestly it's just a waste to have that much wrestling in a short span and even then the live events on the weekends. Basically I think WWE has grown too big for it's own good. They have too much to really do, to get their writers to get a lot of consistent stories going or gimmicks to get in addition to the amount of traveling they do, with the guys they are trying to push on the roster. It's just a burn out, and really limits how well they can be with the product.

Looking at TNA, Dragongate, Ring of Honor, and several other smaller indy companies, they just need to have about an hour or two of wrestling a week, can focus on multiple guys or stories withing the upcoming months and relatively have it easy to create gimmicks/storylines/plans without worry of stress. WWE has around 100 active "main roster personel" about 30 or so who make regular appearances or so, and about 30 or so guys who make random appearances on superstars/main event and the rest not really at all anymore except live events. It's kind of hard for WWE to really get it together without trimming a lot of fat, especially with that discounting future roster call ups, signees, and all that.

Basically, not enough real focus to actually focus on the product, must do 1 million other things b/c publicity is too great to pass up for more money. Add in kayfabe is dead and people will still come to watch for some superstar at a wrestling event, and well they still make money regardless. So they don't really have a reason to improve the product unless people smarten up and actually stop watching.

Laser Shuckle

For the most part just the writing is flat out garbage and the social media pandering and self promotion has gotten WAY out of hand. Like if they push it anymore Raw will just be one long commercial with the occasional Cena promo about how he's the underdog and anyone who disagrees with him should be stoned to death.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It's not the PG era that bothers me, I just want to see new faces get into the main event. I'm tired of seeing Cena feud with the same guys. How many times have I see John Cena fight Big Show? I'm sure the have a feud once a year. That's all I want new guys in main event. It's to bad Wade Barret seems stuck in mid card, Kofi as well. I'm not sure what kind of WWE Champion Kofi would have been, but for all he's done I wouldn't have mind seeing the belt on him, even if it was a blink and you missed it title run. The World Heavyweight title is basically the new IC belt and the IC and US belts really just need to be unified at this point, and what happened to the Divas division? That belt wasn't even at Wrestlemania. How sad. So yeah, basically what I want in WWE is new faces in the main event.

abrar14

Statter Master
Breaking away from the current discussion, I am so exited about Raw in London on Monday. It's my 2nd live event and the freaking Undertaker is gonna be there.

-Raiga-

Breaking away from the current discussion, I am so exited about Raw in London on Monday. It's my 2nd live event and the freaking Undertaker is gonna be there.

Nice. If there is any shows I'd still go to, it would be a live Raw taping, or a house show event that would be in a city VERY close to me. Paying $60 to see Raw recap...I mean smackdown, is just too much for so little.

The end of the brand split also kinda turns me off from buying tickets. When it was in effect it was easier to pick a house show you wanted to go to, since you knew who to expect.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
More importantly, the fans will sing Fandango's theme song at an appropriate level. The South Carolina crowd deserved to be shot after their abysmal performance.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
More importantly, the fans will sing Fandango's theme song at an appropriate level. The South Carolina crowd deserved to be shot after their abysmal performance.

I actually hope that happens. New Jersey worked hard to make post-WM RAW be interesting. not only was the SC crowd abysmal, but so was last week's writing. for the sake of me still being interested in WWE, I hope neither the writers nor the crowd “f*** up" tomorrow

-Raiga-

Could be stop acting like the new jersey crowd was "trying to make something awesome"? They were insulting how terrible the show was, hoping that WWE would take it as criticism, but of course instead WWE took it as something they can make a character out of.

There was nothing even special about the crowd.

I mean, compared to a TNA crowd yelling "No more twinkies!" to Sting, this is a blip on the radar.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Could be stop acting like the new jersey crowd was "trying to make something awesome"? They were insulting how terrible the show was, hoping that WWE would take it as criticism, but of course instead WWE took it as something they can make a character out of.

I mean, compared to a TNA crowd yelling "No more twinkies!" to Sting, this is a blip on the radar.

I'll admit I got carried away with NJ but I wasn't being so serious about that. I was able to infer that the crowd cheering for the cotton candy guy was another way of saying that they didn't give a damn about what was going on in the ring. but when I was there, I had way more fun than watching it at home; yes the crowd had something to do with it, but it wasn't entirely because of them. it was exciting. the attacks felt real. the promos grabbed my attention more easily. so if I was able to enjoy myself, along with everyone else who was there, why couldn't SC? the superstars feed off of that, so a dead crowd stimulates a dead performance. all jokes aside, NJ was very hyper, and that's not a typical crowd (but it's a very typical post-WM RAW), but if crowds could make an effort to show some enthusiasm- I mean, you paid money to go; make the most of it- then maybe the superstars will sell things better, and I can get excited miles away from them at home

Laser Shuckle

Which is what made the show awesome (other than WWE taking it the way they did, which was laughable) It's sad when that's the case but I guess it shows like you said how bad Raw was...

Didn't you just say WWE was akin to a big mac and TNA a normal hamburger? The crowd was special because most of the time they aren't openly rioting against the terrible writing and one dimensional matches like what we saw after Rematchmania.

-Raiga-

Which is what made the show awesome (other than WWE taking it the way they did, which was laughable) It's sad when that's the case but I guess it shows like you said how bad Raw was...

My point is that people are hoping for more crowds like NJ's, when NJ's crowd wasn't trying to be appealing. We shouldn't be wanting more insulting crowds, we should be wanting WWE to fix what they are complaining about.

Didn't you just say WWE was akin to a big mac and TNA a normal hamburger?

This was way back in the Christian Cage Era, when the company had a shred of originality. And my point is not that TNA crowds are better(and if you look at who makes them up, they certainly aren't....), its that this crowd was nothing special. EVERY attitude era crowd was like this, that's how things like cheering You Suck during Kurt Angles entrance got started. The difference being that the crowd respected Angle's gimmick and played along, but is doing things out of sheer boredom now.

Laser Shuckle

My point is that people are hoping for more crowds like NJ's, when NJ's crowd wasn't trying to be appealing. We shouldn't be wanting more insulting crowds, we should be wanting WWE to fix what they are complaining about.

Do they have to be mutually exclusive? Maybe if more crowds were like the one we saw in Jersey WWE would be more inclined to change. Like with how Cena is supposed to be their top face, and yet half the fans in attendance clearly hate him. It's appealing because nowadays crowds aren't as vocal. I want them to focus more on putting on a better show but since it's not likely to happen anytime soon what's wrong with wanting the audience to pick up some of the slack?

This was way back in the Christian Cage Era, when the company had a shred of originality. And my point is not that TNA crowds are better(and if you look at who makes them up, they certainly aren't....), its that this crowd was nothing special. EVERY attitude era crowd was like this, that's how things like cheering You Suck during Kurt Angles entrance got started. The difference being that the crowd respected Angle's gimmick and played along, but is doing things out of sheer boredom now.

The intent may be different but either way it helps to make the show more entertaining. Like I said it's special because nowadays crowds aren't usually as into the show as they were a few weeks ago.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, right before commercial break aj called ziggler her "ziggly puff". Congrats to wwe for coming up with a nickname that offends people, food, and pokemon.