• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

charizardfan

-Raiga- said:
Why? Just look at Brock! He looks 8 times more capable of getting the job done than any of those candidates.
It’s got nothing to do with any reason of credibility or what may or may not happen in the future and everything to do with the fact that I don’t like watching Brock Lesnar. Never did. I didn’t like him when he debuted, I didn’t like him when he left, and I didn’t like him when he came back. Undertaker, on the other hand, is my favorite. So Lesnar being the one to break the Streak isn't exactly ideal.

Don't get me wrong - I’m way past the age where I’d get legitimately upset about something like this, but knowing this is how the Streak ends just killed my enthusiasm for WrestleMania in general.

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
The new Paul Heyman Guy Options

1. The Miz - A guy that can be HATED by the WWE universe and is not boring like Curtis Axel

2. Damian Sandow - A guy who can work with the mic when he needs to (Doesn't have to much if with Heyman) and his aggressive

3. Alberto Del Rio - He isn't in any feud, but he wrestles and talks like a top heel. He should be in more feuds because he is easily hated.

4. Randy Orton - WWE may have had enough with mid-carders with Heyman and stick it's top main eventer with him. Since Orton is a boring **** now when he talks, I wouldn't mind. But his character is still painfully boring....

5. Roman Reigns - After the Shield break up, the WWE should be legit about making ROman Reigns a top main eventer. This puts all his mic skills worries to rest. Doubt they go in this direction since they want him to be a top face.

Laser Shuckle

So I remember the announce team saying before Wrestlemania that the Undertaker has never beaten Brock... I guess that's still true.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So I remember the announce team saying before Wrestlemania that the Undertaker has never beaten Brock... I guess that's still true.

Undertaker has beaten Brock Lesnar on Smackdown in 2003. But never at a PPV. That is still true.

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
Welcome to the Antonio Cesaro era!!! He's the new Paul Heyman guy! Thank god! We finally get to see a major push for Cesaro! Can't wait for his new theme next Raw.

RIP Andre The Giant Memorial Trophy 2014-2014. Poor Swagger, now the ghost of Andre the Giant will haunt him forever.

Looks like Zeb Colter Guy Jack Swagger vs Paul Heyman Guy Antonio Cesaro at Extreme Rules! Can't Wait!!

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
This RAW was excellent from beginning to end and best of all, the show didn't drag on at all. I felt like the 3 hours weren't even over. Daniel Bryan opening the show with the WWE World Heavyweight Title was a surreal moment for me.
Cena/Sheamus/Big E Langston vs The Wyatt Family was awesome
Paul Heyman being a master of the mic
Bo Dallas and Adam Rose debuting on RAW soon (2 of my favorite NXT talent)
Bad News Barrett finally wrestling (and winning) was cool
Paige debuting from NXT to RAW to win the Diva's Title from AJ was a real shocker (and a good one unlike last night's surprise)
Cesaro being the latest Paul Heyman Guy (A little weird to get used to since Heyman is also managing probably the most hated man in WWE right now)
The Main Event in general
Hell, Alexander Rusev debuting in the ring and Emma/Santino vs Summer Rae/Fandango were't that bad.

A new era truly is starting in WWE.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
RAW tonight was really good! It brought back Fandangoing and invented...Cesaroing?

John Cena was so heavily booed tonight when up against Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family. One day Bray Wyatt will have to turn face. He'll can be the new Undertaker, without the streak. Speaking of which I was curious to see how they would play out Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar and it was beautiful. I loved that promo with Paul Heyman. He shattered the WWE. It reminded me of 2002 after Lesnar defeated the Rock. The very next night on RAW they were like "We told you so! And you didn't want to listen!" classic Paul Heyman.

The heels were mainly cheered tonight. Bad News Barret wrestled Rey Mysterio and he got a big babyface cheer. Wade Barret I mean got the cheers. Especially when he was about to announce some bad news. AJ Lee lost her title to Paige from NXT. Paige's move to beat AJ looked pretty cool. Cesaro became a Paul Heyman guy and is probably going to feud with Jack Swagger for awhile. Rob Van Dam was back on RAW against Damien Sandow. You can guess who won the match.

Daniel Bryan however made the night with the opening of RAW. It was wonderful to finally see Daniel Bryan with the belts. Triple H of course ruined it as he got Evolution 2.0 now with Kane, Randy Snoreton, and Boretista. Yes, Evolution version 2.0 is here. But it evens out that the Shield fully turned face and saved Daniel Bryan from a Evolution 2.0 beating. I really loved the opening with Daniel Bryan's history. He's come a long way. So a good RAW for me. Guess that thing about Sting and CM Punk showing up were rumors after all. I also enjoyed Emma power walking to the ring with Santino. They crack me up. The crowd wasn't as good as the New Jersey one for me, but were very lively. I think they were the best with Bray Wyatt when they were singing "He's got the whole world in his hands" Fun RAW.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I really enjoyed Raw tonight. The ending was pretty cool. I loved how the Shield stepped up to Triple H and the authority.

Guess that thing about Sting and CM Punk showing up were rumors after all.

Unless WWE.com reports that Sting has indeed signed a contract, I wouldn't believe what these other websites are saying.

I really wanna believe that Sting has signed a contract though. I think Sting will debut soon.

This is just me speculating, but I have a feeling Undertaker will be on Raw pretty soon once he recovers from his injuries. I could see him getting ready to say he's going to retire, then Stings music hits.

Many people think these two would put on a crappy match since they are both way older now, but I disagree. They can both at least still move around. Taker might of looked bad against Lesnar in a lot of peoples eyes, but let's face the facts. Brock is just way too physical for Taker in the first place. Sting really isn't too physical for Undertaker. I think it's a good match up for both wrestlers.

As far as Cm Punk goes who knows. I think we will see Punk again I just don't know when. Punk will do what ever he wants. There's also that chance he might just be done with wrestling for good, but I don't wanna believe it.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I really enjoyed Raw tonight. The ending was pretty cool. I loved how the Shield stepped up to Triple H and the authority.

Unless WWE.com reports that Sting has indeed signed a contract, I wouldn't believe what these other websites are saying.

I really wanna believe that Sting has signed a contract though. I think Sting will debut soon.

This is just me speculating, but I have a feeling Undertaker will be on Raw pretty soon once he recovers from his injuries. I could see him getting ready to say he's going to retire, then Stings music hits.

Many people think these two would put on a crappy match since they are both way older now, but I disagree. They can both at least still move around. Taker might of looked bad against Lesnar in a lot of peoples eyes, but let's face the facts. Brock is just way too physical for Taker in the first place. Sting really isn't too physical for Undertaker. I think it's a good match up for both wrestlers.

As far as Cm Punk goes who knows. I think we will see Punk again I just don't know when. Punk will do what ever he wants. There's also that chance he might just be done with wrestling for good, but I don't wanna believe it.

With Undertaker's streak broken he's probably heading to the hall of fame now. Truthfully I would not be all that excited for Sting vs Taker. The streak is over, true, but they could still have a match for the heck of it. If they were both in their prime I would have enjoyed to see these two go at it. Now? I don't think it will be bad exactly. Like you said, it will be better then Brock Lesnar, because Lesnar was too physical. If it does happen then I'm very curious on what angle they go with Undertaker. With no streak it should be his last match.

And lastly about CM Punk. Those were just rumors the internet blew up over that he would be at mania to screw over Triple H or Daniel Bryan. I didn't expect CM Punk. I think Sting had a higher chance to appear then Punk. We'll probably just get random CM Punk chants during Boretista and AJ Lee segments. AJ's dating Punk, right? Well both were long reigning champions.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
With Undertaker's streak broken he's probably heading to the hall of fame now. Truthfully I would not be all that excited for Sting vs Taker. The streak is over, true, but they could still have a match for the heck of it. If they were both in their prime I would have enjoyed to see these two go at it. Now? I don't think it will be bad exactly. Like you said, it will be better then Brock Lesnar, because Lesnar was too physical. If it does happen then I'm very curious on what angle they go with Undertaker. With no streak it should be his last match.

And lastly about CM Punk. Those were just rumors the internet blew up over that he would be at mania to screw over Triple H or Daniel Bryan. I didn't expect CM Punk. I think Sting had a higher chance to appear then Punk. We'll probably just get random CM Punk chants during Boretista and AJ Lee segments. AJ's dating Punk, right? Well both were long reigning champions.

From what I have heard on numerous websites, is that Undertaker is most likely done with wrestling. Nobody can always take seriously what these websites report, but some of those guys do get inside information. Yeah Taker will be in the Hall Of Fame. He definitely deserves to be without a doubt! He has done so much in WWE, and has done so much for the company!

I'm such a huge fan of both Undertaker and Sting. They are my childhood favorites. I would love nothing more than to see both of them get in the ring with each other. Even though the streak is over, I would still love to see them have a match still. The way it's sounding though Undertaker is done with wrestling. Them having a match in like 1999 or something would of been a match for the ages! Both guys stayed so loyal to their companies, and their gimmicks are so fascinating.

I could see Undertaker beating Sting in his final match. Knowing the good man Steve Borden is (aka Sting) he will want Undertaker to go out a winner. However, even if Sting loses I don't think that's the only match Sting has in WWE. I think Sting would wrestle a few more times then retire. Yeah the Punk chants will never go away. They might go away over time, but as long as AJ is with the company we will never hear the end of them. AJ is dating Punk in real life that's indeed true.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Well, the show started off okay, but just got so much progressively worse.

That Paige segment was an all-time low for the divas division. Wasting AJ's reign on a talentless chick who is only liked because of her "unique look"(aka hot but doesn't have blonde hair) was the stupidest booking in a long time.

And the fact that they ended the show with such a lackluster cliffhanger compared to years past was the icing on the cake. Face shield is boring. The authority is boring(and weaker than hell right now, even HHH can't pick up a win lol), and Bryan is lost somewhere between.

I would have rather seen sting on raw in 2014, and that's just plain sad.

celestial phantom

Well, the show started off okay, but just got so much progressively worse.

That Paige segment was an all-time low for the divas division. Wasting AJ's reign on a talentless chick who is only liked because of her "unique look"(aka hot but doesn't have blonde hair) was the stupidest booking in a long time.

And the fact that they ended the show with such a lackluster cliffhanger compared to years past was the icing on the cake. Face shield is boring. The authority is boring(and weaker than hell right now, even HHH can't pick up a win lol), and Bryan is lost somewhere between.

I would have rather seen sting on raw in 2014, and that's just plain sad.

It's still a lot better than what we've been getting over the last few years, easily. It was meant for fun, and it was a night to basically hit the reset button. There were some boring/weird things like Fandango/Santino mixed tag, Batista and Orton just flat out diminishing/destroying the Tag Champs after a small offense (they could have used 3MB for that), and the Warrior segment. I'd have liked it if RVD came back and lost to Sandow as well to push more of a new initiative with guys on the backburner, but oh well. We got the debut of Rusev, Paige (who is better than any of the total divas, is from a wrestling family, and can wrestle) though I do agree she should have had a proper match with AJ for the title, and soon to be debuts of Adam Rose and well...Bo Dallas again. But hell, AJ basically buried all her challengers with that diva invitational anyway, so it's not like any of them should even be challenging for the strap any time soon.

Barrett is finally in the ring again and he dominated Mysterio of all people (just retire rey rey), Wyatts are still strong and the feud with Cena isn't over yet. Of course the authority look weak, hell why wouldn't they? They've been dominate for a good 8 months! Just dominating on guys that stand in their way, and face Shield has only been around for about 3-4 weeks, that's not really enough time to get interest as they should be exploring an expansion to their characters who normally just were to beat people down, and show a "vicious" side. It really feels like you want something to happen immediately instead of watching it play out, it's not like we can get answers right when the story is still playing out. Just sit back and enjoy the fact that unlike last year when the crowd was chanting for the fact everything was boring aside from Ziggler's cash in, for 3 hours they had reason to enjoy themselves, chant for the guys they wanted, and have a fun time that didn't hurt the image of guys not named daniel bryan in the ring.

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
I predicting we're only a month or two away when Bray Wyatt turns Cena into a monster (Thus resulting a Cena heel turn and maybe a Wyatt face turn).

After Cena, there aren't many faces for Wyatt to feud with. Bryan, The Shield, (face) Kane at Summerslam. CM Punk is gone, MAYBE he can feud with the Big Show or Sheamus. I don't think feuding with the Usos would work. And feuding with tweener and the new Paul Heyman guy Cesaro just doesn't seem appropriate. And throwing Wyatt with a mid-carder like Ziggler just isn't right.

-Raiga-

Paige (who is better than any of the total divas, is from a wrestling family, and can wrestle)

Lol. Paige is not remotely talented in the slightest. She's able to get through a match, and everything else is the Dolph Ziggler "overrated effect", whereby over-selling is replaced with hottness.

Honestly speaking, Natalya, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix are probably the only three truly talented women to EVER wrestle in the WWE/WWF. Some have been semi-capable in the ring like lita/trish/james/victoria/AJ/Kharma, but those three are really the only ones. Wrestling is just not a sport designed for a women's body, and the fact that WWE asks them to be twigs and wrestle like 4 year olds doesn't help the fact.

Of course the authority look weak, hell why wouldn't they? They've been dominate for a good 8 months!

I...just don't even know how to respond to this. Week after week after week of HHH/Kane constantly getting knocked out by Big Show/Bryan/Punk/shield etc. is not dominant. The only time they showed a FLASH of actual authority was when HHH fired Cody, but that was it.

and face Shield has only been around for about 3-4 weeks, that's not really enough time to get interest

I think you have it reversed. Face/Heel turns are the most exciting part of a plot twist, and usually its the following weeks that coast off that momentum. Instead we a completely lackluster face turn against Kane(who again has done nothing but get his *** handed to him) with no momentum.

It really feels like you want something to happen immediately instead of watching it play out, it's not like we can get answers right when the story is still playing out.

Well no ****, that's my point. There is NOTHING to play out. We've seen the same stale shield and authority for how many months now? Now their top story is those two feuding with each other in the most predictable story imaginable?

Paul Heyman said it best during an interview. His goal with ECW was to make you feel like if you missed even one show, you missed something and will be lost the next week. That doesn't happen on smackdown/Main Event/NXT/superstars, so you can bet I'm irate when the show that's usually the best show of the year introduced nothing captivating whatsoever.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Ugh, out of sheer pity I decided to watch the raw repeat, I'd may as well comment:

Paige's debut, Adam Rose/Bo Dallas "coming soon": these are three things I was actually hoping to see, at a later time when they were more well established. Don't get me wrong, Paige can be a good wrestler. The problem is that she's so -bleep-ing young right now and therefore lacks the experience/"knowledge" of other divas right now. If they had done this next year and had not immediately handed her a title, then it could've been so much better. Instead, we'll be forced to see two of their greatest female wrestling assets get buried by facing eachother while their third (Emma) gets buried in a crappy rivalry featuring fandango and Santino. As for Adam Rose/Bo Dallas, I'm at a loss for words. Adam Rose had a shot at having the greatest debut of all time if they had entered him in that Andre the Giant rumble thing (the idea being that he's an oddball party guy, and New Orleads is the home of oddball party sh't). Instead, we're forced to wait a few weeks for a guy who is looking to have about as much of an impact as Fandango. Bo is much the same, only that we've already seen him in WWE before. He did something a while ago with Wade Barrett, the audience didn't respond to him AT ALL, then he dropped to NXT and looked incredibly weak against the likes of Big E Langston and Neville. If Bo makes any sort of impact, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If he gets fired within the next 6 months/has the same debut as before, I won't be.

Authority/Daniel Bryan: I sorta have to agree with Raiga on this, which I think may be the first time I've ever said that on here. Week after week the authority have basically mirrored a combination of Bin Laden and a housecat in that they keep making a ton of semi-good speeches, only to be pushed further and further into a corner when someone bigger than them comes by. This is usually followed by a "cheap attack" the next week, which makes them look even weaker and doesn't do anything to really help them (see: the attack on daniel bryan in handcuffs, the shield being attacked by 3 different tag teams/outlaws/kane). Now the shield is entering a heavily predictable story-line with two of the three former main-title guys and Kane in his most boring role, with Triple H/Bryan facing eachother? Unless a member of the shield defects (which many people were predicting at WM) or they add competition to each storyline, I'm willing to bet that the shield wins on the next PPV and Bryan is put back in the underdog role just to milk every last drop out of what will easily be the most predictable feud in WWE history

*Bonus -Bleep-, Wyatts/the New Cesaro: for me, the episode of Raw brought along one amazing concept and one horrible after-thought. The amazing concept came when Cesaro was introduced as a new Heyman guy, mere hours after Heyman established himself as the best manager in history. Now, we'll be able to see Cesaro get the one thing he needed (a Mic guy) whereas Paul Heyman regains his flexibility by being able to have one person target the main card and another target the mid-card. If he didn't have to go through Jack Swagger, it'd easily be the best bounce off WM ever. Speaking of bounce-offs, the Wyatts predictably looked incredibly weak after Bray got beat in stereotypical fashion to Cena at WM. Much like I predicted at hell in a cell, it's only a matter of time before Cena kills off Bray's career much like what he's done to numerous other guys (see: ADR/Ziggler).

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
These past 3 days have been such a roller coaster for us wrestling fans. From Daniel Bryan winning the WWE World Heavyweight championship, Cesaro turning face and winning the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal, RAW ushering in a new era with the Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Alexander Rusev, and Paige's debut happening soon (the former 2) or last night(the latter 2), and Wrestlemania 30 being a successful, memorable, and entertaining show to (shockingly) The Undertaker's streak being ended by Brock Lesnar to (More Shockingly) The Ultimate Warrior passing away 2 days after being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Rest in Peace to The Ultimate Warrior. Even though I didn't grow up during the era were he was at his prime, his character was really full of energy that sometimes i felt like i got a little bit of that Ultimate Warrior energy inside me.

Last edited:

celestial phantom

Lol. Paige is not remotely talented in the slightest. She's able to get through a match, and everything else is the Dolph Ziggler "overrated effect", whereby over-selling is replaced with hottness.

Honestly speaking, Natalya, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix are probably the only three truly talented women to EVER wrestle in the WWE/WWF. Some have been semi-capable in the ring like lita/trish/james/victoria/AJ/Kharma, but those three are really the only ones. Wrestling is just not a sport designed for a women's body, and the fact that WWE asks them to be twigs and wrestle like 4 year olds doesn't help the fact.
I do see you leaving off Bull Nakano and Alundra Blayze off that list, because they were pretty capable in the ring though more in the semi-capable category. I mean the rest yes are capable of carrying a match, as they (except for Trish) intended to be wrestlers from the start. WWE just hires models now and thinks teaching them to “wrestle” will pass. Paige I can say is above the talentless ones easily, and no I’m not overrating this because she’s kind of attractive, she’s not really even my cup of tea for female beauty but not saying she isn’t would be bs’ing. It remains to really be seen where Paige stacks up in talent and match quality, though if you go back and look at the “match” against AJ, either AJ missed the cue on taking her finisher or Paige didn’t hit her hard enough on the upswing, so either one of the capable divas messed up just a small rookie mistake from a talentless girl right? But, hey I doubt AJ’s going to be sticking around long if Punk doesn’t return, she doesn’t have to. She’s been diva’s champ, as far as I can tell by the ring they do look to be engaged, and well it’s not the first time they hot-shotted a title to someone. I can see this being done if AJ isn’t going to be around next year or even 6 months from now. Have her lose to the rookie, then go on to lose the next few times as well, and then she can quietly leave if that’s what her plans entail. All I know is I’m happier Paige is the Divas champion over anyone that’s the cast of total divas except probably Natalya or Naomi (I guess), but I can see why they don’t put it on Natalya at this point.

I...just don't even know how to respond to this. Week after week after week of HHH/Kane constantly getting knocked out by Big Show/Bryan/Punk/shield etc. is not dominant. The only time they showed a FLASH of actual authority was when HHH fired Cody, but that was it.
So, using your power as Special Ref to get the title on the guy you want to be the face of the company, multiple beatdowns of the guy that everyone wants to see for several months usually standing tall over him to end shows, with him barely getting a big moment in despite all his underdog momentum staying, verbally abusing the big show (though they forgot the iron clad contract), and having him stand around at the risk of his job and getting beat up by their enforcers (the shield), and having Kane cost Bryan his shot at elimination chamber all the while having Kane + others beat up the shield a few weeks ago, as well as basically set up for them being faces by calling them expendable, all basically hiding behind numbers, cowardly attacks, and nefarious wins which is what is used to keep Heels strong? Especially, for the hero to rise up and give them their comeuppance once it’s all over? I mean Daniel Bryan’s won the title, beat HHH, defeated both Orton and Batista in one night, and they’ve lost their enforcers in the Shield. It’s time for new players to enter the game since it seems they are intent on keeping the Bryan story going for now (I’m hearing rumors and hopes of a War games-esq type of match, which I hope so). I mean if you go back and look at these last 8 months, until recently they were just beating up on Daniel Bryan week in and week out. I won’t disagree that the inclusion of Batista in the WWE, the side Wyatt story for DB, and Big Show’s inclusion made the story weaker than it should, but it’s still opened up possibilities down the line now for what we have. They presented themselves as a dominate force destroying Daniel Bryan most weeks, used the threat of the same treatment to keep others from helping him (Dolph and Show were subjected to this), had Kane or the Shield beat multiple people down for their own gain or make a showing of Bryan, and used their power as a shield for Randy Orton to remain champion. That’s kind of dominant as done by heels.

I think you have it reversed. Face/Heel turns are the most exciting part of a plot twist, and usually its the following weeks that coast off that momentum. Instead we a completely lackluster face turn against Kane(who again has done nothing but get his *** handed to him) with no momentum.
Well, it’s been 3-4 weeks of no direction at all except building tension for that momentum to finally burst. They haven’t shown us anything at all, except building up that they aren’t going to be helping the authority anymore which got cemented last night. Characters take time to build, and that’s what they are doing if anything. I honestly didn’t mind the beat downs and stuff, but was hoping they gave the guys more mic time as they did it. I’m annoyed at that, for the lack of progression. Honestly though, we might not even have faces or heels anymore as no one really gives a crud about face or heel alignments and chant and boo whatever works for them even if their tactics work better or are the opposite of what’s being cheered. All they’ve given us are bits of promo time with Kane or Stephanie or Hunter so far, which isn’t like it’s a 5 minute promo explaining any actions, intents, and just showing bits of personality if there are any to the 3. As well, Kane getting his *** handed to him was kind of the point to help build up the tension?

Well no ****, that's my point. There is NOTHING to play out. We've seen the same stale shield and authority for how many months now? Now their top story is those two feuding with each other in the most predictable story imaginable?

Paul Heyman said it best during an interview. His goal with ECW was to make you feel like if you missed even one show, you missed something and will be lost the next week. That doesn't happen on smackdown/Main Event/NXT/superstars, so you can bet I'm irate when the show that's usually the best show of the year introduced nothing captivating whatsoever.
Technically, any and all storylines are now stale, predictable, overdone. Anything and everything we’ve seen over the last 10-15 years, is a rehash! Wooo! As well, Paul is right, because back then if you missed one show, you actually would have missed something. They didn’t do replays (replaying a show) weekly as far as I can remember, they didn’t have DVR to record it if you were busy or missed an episode due to work or anything else. There was no internet use at the time to catch any clips, moments, or must see tv as it was presented! There also was no twitter, facebook, or worldwide way of keeping in touch with your favorite guys/gals. In an age where we spoil ourselves to the point of having to be up to date and immediately know or see everything it’s not hard to catch up on something we miss. WWE knows this, so why spoil or even go that extra mile they would have in the early 90s that Paul Heyman did? The other reason he was right and it worked, is that people were putting their opponents through tables, jumping off ladders, or lighting stuff on fire or using the most random weapons, girls showing their skin, or Bubba Dudley was inciting riots! I know, I watched that stuff with my brother, the reason we didn’t want to miss it was because of the “HOLY S***” moments, and not the stories or characters. WWE is trying to tell a story with their guys, Paul Heyman’s ECW was crash TV with barbaric weapons, trying to tell a bloodshed story, that was got over with people for the arcane nature and less of the story honestly being told. Not to say his stories were bad, but it was just how much you could trump the last thing you did! We don’t get that mystique anymore, and honestly it’s probably not possible. They just shut the book on the attitude era, basically completely.
We've seen the same stale shield and authority for how many months now? Now their top story is those two feuding with each other in the most predictable story imaginable?
Damn man, you would not have been a fan like the rest of America during the 80s and early 90s. Heck, guys had the same characters for years, and storylines drug out for years with minimal matches between the guys actually feuding. Honesty, I guess we’re spoiled again by the global entertainment system and weekly television with multiple shows.
Think, they just hit the reset button on talent and what’s next. They closed the book on the attitude era fully (ok 90%) with Kane, the NAO, Big Show and Undertaker losing. Randy Orton and Batista lost, and the storyline with John Cena winning (I feel Bray could have won, but this defeat isn’t going to hamper him) from the ruthless aggression period had starring moments with new stars. They need work with getting the Usos right, but they got Cesaro done right as well as Daniel Bryan. Bray Wyatt if you think this loss is the end of him, hell he wasn’t even trying to win last night. He was winning over the storyline, which is still going. He wanted Cena to show that he’s not a champion or hero, but really a monster, and he portrayed that attempt the whole match. On paper yes it’s a loss, but for anyone that followed or watched it, hell man it doesn’t matter at the moment.

That “usual” best show with nothing captivating, brought us new debuts to look forward to, placed the shield officially on Daniel Bryan’s side, setting up who knows what. $5 if they go coporate ministry and incorporate the Wyatt/Cena feud into the authority angle as well (calling it). Last year’s show didn’t even have anything beyond Shield/Taker and Ziggler’s cash in. I guess Henry/Cena, but the story a few months later did better for it. The point I’m making is that, we just had a long damn storyline come to a peak, an 8 month one at that. We can look to the potential future that some people wanted with debuts last year. And, honestly what was a good quality show entertainment-wise, though overall nothing too great wrestling-wise, have basically built some actual guys for the next 3-5 years as did Mania. All I know is, it feels good to be a wrestling/WWE fan at this point because at the end of the day they did both Wrestlemania and this show right (at least up to 80% of the stories).

Also...wow just saw something about Warrior dying. I honestly, am at a loss for words. Never liked him as a wrestler or anything, but to say I never marked out or went high octane to his entrance theme as a kid would be a lie. Just for how much of a superstar they pushed him as. I honestly thought he looked blown up or fatigued the last 3 days, but figured that was just a by-product of old age + drugs back in the day. I really hope it wasn't a contributing factor to his death. I'm honestly glad that I at least got to see him back on WWE tv once before he passed, and that he and vince were able to bury an old hatchet for him to be inducted to the HOF. Like him or not, he did deserve to be there at least.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
REST IN PEACE
ULTIMATE WARRIOR

The timing of his death is just sad...He just made peace with Vince and WWE after many years of misunderstandings...it was great that he got inducted to the Hall of Fame before his death.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever." -Warrior, this past Monday on RAW giving his last promo