• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

celestial phantom

I wouldn't mind seeing Rusev vs Swagger as I think Swagger could work out as a Face, though he has a natural look towards being an arrogant type heel. He's got that athletic american background, and well we'd get Zeb vs Lana on the mic which would help Lana improve too working with a vet like Zeb.

Also, just to hear something similar to this by Zeb in a promo: "America was founded by foreigners seeking their own opportunities from oppression, we took the land and made it our own. Taking in the cold, hungry, and hopeless of other countries, and try to give them their own opportunity to succeed the right way. I don't care for those trying to take those opportunities illegally, but I will respect those coming over to show their potential in the ring. The potential....TO GET THEIR BUTTS WHOOPED BY A REAL AMERICAN LIKE JACK SWAGGER! That way when they return home, they will have a story about how a REAL AMERICAN NAMED JACK SWAGGER was superior to them. WE THE PEOPLE!"

It'd kind of let Zeb keep his xenophobia type ordeal, but welcome open competition. I mean I enjoy Xenophobic Zeb, it's pretty funny. In the build up let him face McIntyre and Jinder. Let Swagger interrupt something on Rusev, let Rusev take Swagger out the next week. Let 3MB laugh at Swagger's misfortune, and throw an insult about how McIntyre was supposed to be the chosen one, and Jinder was supposed to be like the next Tiger Jeet Singe, and where they are now. Let them go back to their previous thing even for a night, hopefully rally a WE THE PEOPLE over the two weeks. Rusev keeps being racist and wins over Mark Henry and JTG, so he's beaten them all. Fight at the Battleground PPV or maybe even do this inbetween Battleground and Summerslam. People wouldn't care about him in the long run, but it would be effective in the short run.

Laser Shuckle

Zeb is great, period. His rants like this one and his all-business attitude standout alot more than the usual by-the-numbers crap WWE pedals every week with Heyman and the like. Although I do wish they'd expand upon his character a bit. (fat chance that'll happen)

Even if they went ahead with Swagger vs Rusev though, we all know how WWE would have that play out... I imagine we'll either see him soon as the bulgarian breakdancer or better yet, he'll be putting over Cena like Wyatt before him.

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
Fans got what they wanted - a mid-carder became the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Funny how Daniel Bryan is always the after-thought nowadays. Even before he got injured, the Shield/Evolution gang war and Cena/Wyatt feud was more interesting than Daniel Bryan. Even if he was't injured, who would he feud with? Kane? #Boring..... The reason Daniel Bryan became so popular is only because of the stupid Yes chant. He's the new Cena. The Yes Movement is boring and corny. Isn't he the face of this franchise? How will it survive for the next 5 years? The Yes Movement will get boring in 1-2 years.

REAL wrestling fans liked Bryan because he was a good wrestler. His fast-paced action style made him perfect for the tag team division. And that's EXACTLY what he was put into with Team Hell No. Heck, it's not only tag team, but any match with 3-6 superstars in it. He's been in more triple-threat matches than anyone since 2012 because of his fast-paced style to take out anyone rapidly. He's only good in matches with multiple opponents. Whether it's tag team, triple-threat, or fatel four way. He's a weak champion.

If they wanted a mid-carder as a World Champion having legit feuds and promos, then they shouldn't have split the World Titles. Daniel Bryan could've been the WWE Champion while the World Heavyweight Champion could've been someone legit like Cesaro (What the heck as he been doing? I thought we'd see championship promos by Heyman by now.)

Isn't the Intercontinental Championship being pushed? How are we suppose to take a championship title seriously if it's being defended on shows like Smackdown and Main Event? WWE screwed up. Talents like Cesaro, RVD, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger are being wasted away by not being in the championship picture.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Holy cow! Zack Ryder is black!?

In all seriousness, I've never even noticed the trend, nor do I really think anything of it. If they bring Henry back immediately to face him, then that would be a different story.

Funny how I the moment I read this I then read how there's possibly going to be a Mark Henry vs Rusev match at Money In The Bank. Ah well...RUSEV CRUSH!

Aside from ryder, they've had him face african americans the entire time (first R-truth, then xavier woods, then big e/kofi, and now it's back to xavier).
...and Sin Cara

Isn't the Intercontinental Championship being pushed? How are we suppose to take a championship title seriously if it's being defended on shows like Smackdown and Main Event? WWE screwed up. Talents like Cesaro, RVD, Dolph Ziggler, and Jack Swagger are being wasted away by not being in the championship picture.
Why is it a bad thing if it's being defended on shows like that? Shouldn't titles be defended as often as possible? The alternative is the "Dean Ambrose" situation where you've got a champion but he doesn't defend it whatsoever.

I'm also not a fan of the "let's have a non-title match against the champions" either because it clearly signals who is going to win the match and unless it's the show before a Pay Per View and the champion already has a challenger then champions should be defending it all the time.

Laser Shuckle

Lol you're going to write Bryan off as champion when WWE has dropped the ball with his first title reign so far? not to mention the guy's injured...

Mye

Someone has to win..
Lol you're going to write Bryan off as champion when WWE has dropped the ball with his first title reign so far? not to mention the guy's injured...

To be fair, it's sorta hard to write storylines for a guy whose entire pre-championship run was "I have to overcome this oppression and basically hit the peak of mount everest". While I'm not saying it's impossible to do so (as illustrated by basically every pre-2006 jericho title run), Bryan was an odd case as he could never go heel to liven things up thus relegating him to either cheese or an even bigger challenge (namely lesnar/rock).

-Raiga-

I think your overestimating how hard it would've been to book Bryan better. Its as simple as going from "guy who is chasing after title" to "guy who is a fighting champion". The issue is the fact that Daniel Bryan, the character, has no goal. And that makes people lose interest.

If they simply had a single promo with Bryan explaining that whoever takes the title from him deserves it, it would add a lot more credibility to his filler feuds like this Kane one.(which frankly the fact they can't write an entertaining feud between these two of all people is an absolute joke)

Oh, and speaking of Team Hell No, as JBL alluded to on Smackdown, PLEASE WWE make some anger management segments with Dr.Shelby and Alicia Fox. I would take back every bad thing I've said about WWE....well, for the past few months at least.

Laser Shuckle

Oh, and speaking of Team Hell No, as JBL alluded to on Smackdown, PLEASE WWE make some anger management segments with Dr.Shelby and Alicia Fox. I would take back every bad thing I've said about WWE....well, for the past few months at least.

That would be very interesting. I hope they aren't just building her up to get torn down by Paige.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Thing is Bryan just doesn't have the "it" to maintain a top spot IMO. He's a terrific talent but he's too limited mic wise and I know it was part of his whole title run storyline but HHH is right he just seems too goofy to be repping the company. I think Bryan is a Main Eventer but he isn't THE Main Eventer and that aspect, along with some bad writing, is making his reign suck.
At least due to his injury that technically means the IC Title is the most prestigious active title ATM which means my boy BNB is the main man (not really I jest) for now

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Dr. Shelby was gold. Segments with him and Alicia would be golden IMO

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well, Daniel Bryan is no longer the champion. It's disappointing because it's been such a disappointing title reign. Who knows if they'll put it back on him. Was it all for nothing? Maybe. And what's with all the commentary mistakes tonight? Stephanie said ADR beat Ziggler on Smackdown when it was last weeks Raw. When they were announcing who qualified for MITB, Micheal Cole said Cesaro would meet RVD when he already beat RVD. And when Cole was advertising the Cena and the Shield vs the Wyatt Family he almost said Cena vs the Shield. Well I guess it is weird to say Cena and the Shield.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Well, Daniel Bryan is no longer the champion. It's disappointing because it's been such a disappointing title reign. Who knows if they'll put it back on him. Was it all for nothing? Maybe. And what's with all the commentary mistakes tonight? Stephanie said ADR beat Ziggler on Smackdown when it was last weeks Raw. When they were announcing who qualified for MITB, Micheal Cole said Cesaro would meet RVD when he already beat RVD. And when Cole was advertising the Cena and the Shield vs the Wyatt Family he almost said Cena vs the Shield. Well I guess it is weird to say Cena and the Shield.

Yeah, especially since cena has yet to team with them (albeit he's teamed with literally every other guy on the roster barring el torito). Raw was pretty horrible, not one noteworthy match with a few highlights (the superkick by harper being one of them). Also nice to see they're pairing the stereotypical crazy black lady with the muscly-armed gold digger. At least now some of what she does will actually make sense, if you can look behind the random screaming and theft of snacks.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yeah, especially since cena has yet to team with them (albeit he's teamed with literally every other guy on the roster barring el torito). Raw was pretty horrible, not one noteworthy match with a few highlights (the superkick by harper being one of them). Also nice to see they're pairing the stereotypical crazy black lady with the muscly-armed gold digger. At least now some of what she does will actually make sense, if you can look behind the random screaming and theft of snacks.

It almost feels like they are trying to make Alicia Fox the new crazy AJ Lee of some sorts. If that even makes sense.

Mye

Someone has to win..
It almost feels like they are trying to make Alicia Fox the new crazy AJ Lee of some sorts. If that even makes sense.

No, what they're doing is the kenny rogers logic of how to make a reality show. Paige was contestant one, tamina was contestant two, brie was contestant three, and now we have the crazy black lady.

[video=youtube;pvDdxmEkSBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDdxmEkSBI[/video]

celestial phantom

Man...I was hoping we were done with the Cena dynamic for now wrestling a main event match on RAW. I had really hoped that it wouldn't be him when it was announced that the Shield would have a mystery partner. Be it a returning guy, nxt call up, or some disgruntled face who don't like Trips, I just didn't want it to be Cena. Out of all this the only thing I'm interested in next week is if we'll get say Ambrose/Reigns vs Rollins/Trips at MITB or just Ambrose/Rollins and this surprises me to say it, but who Goldust's partner for next week might be. Unless it's like El Torito in a golden bull costume or Bo Dallas. I am kind of interested in the surprise it might be, because I can't think of anyone that fits the description they gave.

I enjoyed the Rollins promo, Dean hammed it up, and well Harper continues to be cool. Wished Barrett won over Sheamus, The Wyatts would win a clean one over Cena, did something with Sandow, and made Rusev vs Swagger a thing. I'm seriously waiting on Swagger and Zeb interrupting Lana/Rusev's normal thing. Pretty sure it could get a decent pop seeing as the WE THE PEOPLE thing was pretty over and still has some followers to it, and gives both men something to do. The angle sells itself, and makes sense seeing get advertised instead of makeshift matches with no backstory.

Also, I too support Dr. Shelby and Alicia Fox therapy happening. Also if, just throwing this out there, if they bring something I saw on the JBL/Cole thing a few days ago with her and Goldust in some skits. Goldust did his usual thing to "scare/freak someone", but she ignored it and latched onto him throughout the episode not letting him go. Every time they panned back to them it was all Goldy asking, "Please let me go", "I think your crazy", "Please don't hurt me, HELP!" while she's all "I think you get me" and "We're besties now!" If something similar makes its continuity way onto TV, it would honestly be pretty entertaining to see what they come up with. Maybe I've been watching too many Goldust comedy skits from him teaming with Booker or just having some of the funniest moments in the last 15 years of WWE, but I'd think it'd work.

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
For god sakes, please split the titles at Money In The Bank. They have the chance. When Daniel Bryan comes back, the stupid PG fans will want HIM champion no matter what and they'll boo whoever IS champion. Whether it's Cena, Sheamus, Reigns, or some other babyface. But he's an awful main eventer. The whole underdog persona is getting old and pathetic. He isn't the GUY. He could be World Champ, but just not the top guy. If I were running things, I'd have Cena and Cesaro each grab gold. Cena grabs the WWE Championship and Cesaro grabs the World Heavyweight Championship.

Oh, and Rusev will probably take on Mark Henry. It's his gimmick, a big Russian guy squashing black guys.

-Raiga-

Jeezus f'n christ. Daniel Bryan is the guy as much as the next wrestler.

You put Cena in that Kane storyline and nobody would care.
You put Punk in that Kane storyline and nobody would care.
You put anyone in that Kane storyline and nobody would care.

And if wanting to see the best wrestler on gods blue earth have a decent reign makes me a "stupid Pg fan", then by all means I'm for it.

celestial phantom

For god sakes, please split the titles at Money In The Bank. They have the chance. When Daniel Bryan comes back, the stupid PG fans will want HIM champion no matter what and they'll boo whoever IS champion. Whether it's Cena, Sheamus, Reigns, or some other babyface. But he's an awful main eventer. The whole underdog persona is getting old and pathetic. He isn't the GUY. He could be World Champ, but just not the top guy. If I were running things, I'd have Cena and Cesaro each grab gold. Cena grabs the WWE Championship and Cesaro grabs the World Heavyweight Championship.

Oh, and Rusev will probably take on Mark Henry. It's his gimmick, a big Russian guy squashing black guys.

The fact that Daniel has succeeded all over the world, and held major titles in almost every promotion he's been with in the US and over in Japan and has had high profile feuds with top stars in those promotions shows he can work as a Main Event talent anywhere if management and the booking team are behind him. I mean obviously it can work for anyone, but what makes Bryan so over to "Stupid PG fans" and any real wrestling fan is that he is one of the best pure wrestlers in the world and he's a genuine likable guy. It's the in-ring charisma he has that gets people buying into him, and why he is as over as he is. Because just like CM Punk, Bryan brought something different over the last 4 years rather than the same old s*** we've seen with Cena, Orton, Sheamus, and several others on this level. People have been entranced by what he's been able to show us, and get people emotionally invested in a match just by doing the little things, and feed off the reaction. I mean, if you haven't paid attention, just like Vince and the machine have done with so many other great talents, they started to limit his moves to what they want to see and market, become lazy with what they have to ride off momentum, and tried to emasculate him since they really don't see him as a top guy even though he can be a transitional top guy that carries the company for a bit like Bret Hart and HBK did from 93-97. Heck, I doubt they even understand why in the world he's as over as he is.

Jeezus f'n christ. Daniel Bryan is the guy as much as the next wrestler.

You put Cena in that Kane storyline and nobody would care.
You put Punk in that Kane storyline and nobody would care.
You put anyone in that Kane storyline and nobody would care.

And if wanting to see the best wrestler on gods blue earth have a decent reign makes me a "stupid Pg fan", then by all means I'm for it.

Agreed, I love the pure wrestling form that Bryan brings, because we want to see wrestling. Though I do argue that Kaz Okada, KENTA, and probably Shinsuke Nakamura have a good claim to being one of the best alongside Bryan. Heck, if he were a few years younger (hell maybe even now) Hiroshi Tanahashi probably has a good claim too. But, as far as best pure wrestler in america right now, very few get better than Bryan except Sami Zayn or Cesaro.

Laser Shuckle

^ Forget these guys, They're stupid PG fans. Hell, one of them is just upset that he can't watch Kane go under the ring and attack Brie Bella via the WWE App on his 3DS.

I couldn't agree more with what you said. (Optimus Prime 44) Daniel Bryan is getting old. WWE needs to liven things up and bring some excitement back into the show, and the best way to do that is to make John Cena champion again.

Here's what they should do: Have the Authority come out on Raw next week and announce that they are splitting/vacating the belts and bringing back the traditional MITB ladder match, one each for the WWE title and the World Heavyweight title. After this announcement have them schedule a last man standing match for the vacant WHC between Cesaro and the Great Khali, with Cesaro winning, and an I quit match later in the evening as the main event for the vacant WWE championship between John Cena and Bray Wyatt, with Cena coming out on top (and elevating Bray in the process)

After this at MITB they should have Orton win the WHC contract and cash it in that same night on Cesaro during his inevitable rematch with Khali to win the WHC. Then have Alberto del rio win the WWE championship contract and feud with Cena until the next PPV after Money in the Bank.

Finally, while Cena is celebrating his future victory over Alberto on the following Raw, Orton's music hits. Orton then explains that he is the best and that he, not Cena is the face of the company. These two will then feud in the coming weeks culminating in the ultimate champion vs champion bout at Summerslam!

What do you (stupid PG fans) think about that?

Last edited:

charizardfan

Optimus Prime 44 said:
For god sakes, please split the titles at Money In The Bank. They have the chance.
If they did that, there would just be one more title that doesn’t mean anything on the show. Do we really want that again?

When Daniel Bryan comes back, the stupid PG fans will want HIM champion no matter what and they'll boo whoever IS champion. Whether it's Cena, Sheamus, Reigns, or some other babyface. But he's an awful main eventer.
If fans are really that crazy over Daniel Bryan then he must be doing something right. He’s found a way to tap into something that the audiences love and has gotten a lot of support for it, enough that the company had him beat Triple H and Batista, and win the title in the main event of WrestleMania. CM Punk, popular as he could be, never got that kind of support. I don’t think Bryan’s the greatest main eventer, but he definitely cannot be considered an awful one.