• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

BlazingEnigma

Rockin' w/The 'Zard!
I couldn't agree more with what you said. (Optimus Prime 44) Daniel Bryan is getting old. WWE needs to liven things up and bring some excitement back into the show, and the best way to do that is to make John Cena champion again.

Ugh... Worst. Idea. Ever... Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest Daniel Bryan fan either, but at least him being champion was something new. The storyline between him and The Authority keeping him down, whilst an obvious and kinda old ploy, was still something the crowds fully got behind. But going back to someone who's held the Championship so many times, over so many years... that's old. We've seen it all before, Super-Cena, wins all his PPV's and championship matches with the same old moves and "kick out at 2" routine.
Personally, I'm more interested in seeing the newer talent, new moves and attitudes. The older guys who've been in it for years should be encouraging these guys, and bringing them through. Some of the best matches I've seen recently have been between some of these guys (Cena, Orton, etc) and the newer talent, because it's bringing something new, giving them fresh stuff to work with. I'd also love to see the Cena's and Orton's updating their moves a bit!! Whilst I still enjoy seeing an RKO from time to time.. that move is sooo old!

We've all seen these guys wrestle 100 times before, and we know what's coming. Updated movesets, having them in huge hard-fought battles with the newer talent, and more regular title defences with unexpected winners/outcomes - that's your way to bring back the excitement and unpredictability.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Ugh... Worst. Idea. Ever... Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest Daniel Bryan fan either, but at least him being champion was something new. The storyline between him and The Authority keeping him down, whilst an obvious and kinda old ploy, was still something the crowds fully got behind. But going back to someone who's held the Championship so many times, over so many years... that's old. We've seen it all before, Super-Cena, wins all his PPV's and championship matches with the same old moves and "kick out at 2" routine.
Personally, I'm more interested in seeing the newer talent, new moves and attitudes. The older guys who've been in it for years should be encouraging these guys, and bringing them through. Some of the best matches I've seen recently have been between some of these guys (Cena, Orton, etc) and the newer talent, because it's bringing something new, giving them fresh stuff to work with. I'd also love to see the Cena's and Orton's updating their moves a bit!! Whilst I still enjoy seeing an RKO from time to time.. that move is sooo old!

We've all seen these guys wrestle 100 times before, and we know what's coming. Updated movesets, having them in huge hard-fought battles with the newer talent, and more regular title defences with unexpected winners/outcomes - that's your way to bring back the excitement and unpredictability.

Yeah, way to ignore the sarcasm there. In all seriousness, I'm actually sorta shocked that Corey Graves wasn't who the shield picked to help them vs the wyatts. Cena/wyatt has lasted longer than anyone thought it would (I personally would've liked to see it end at the last PPV with cena pinning wyatt's legs underneath a large statue of himself for the win), and instead we're seeing this as well as a possible orton/rollins vs ambrose/reigns match at mitb. With graves in the mix, we could've had reigns vs rollins with graves/ambrose vs triple h/orton in what could've been the greatest tag team vs the worst tag team in history.

Also annoys me to see harper/rowan being used as tag-team fodder here, with them being the consensus #1 contenders due to them being more over than much of the division.

-Raiga-

Also annoys me to see harper/rowan being used as tag-team fodder here, with them being the consensus #1 contenders due to them being more over than much of the division.

I don't see how Harper is fodder. Every match he's in, rowan gets the **** kicked out of him, then tags in harper who destroys stuff.(until he gets beat down to build up to the hot tag that EVERY tag match apparently has to have now). Even the announcers put over Harper fairly frequently.

I actually feel pretty sorry for Rowan. He might have had a chance in the attitude era or whatever you want to call the pre-pg era, but in todays market, someone with his looks is just screwed. Especially when somebody comparable to him, Luke Gallows, had infinitely more talent and still got axed.

celestial phantom

^ Forget these guys, They're stupid PG fans. Hell, one of them is just upset that he can't watch Kane go under the ring and attack Brie Bella via the WWE App on his 3DS.

I couldn't agree more with what you said. (Optimus Prime 44) Daniel Bryan is getting old. WWE needs to liven things up and bring some excitement back into the show, and the best way to do that is to make John Cena champion again.

Here's what they should do: Have the Authority come out on Raw next week and announce that they are splitting/vacating the belts and bringing back the traditional MITB ladder match, one each for the WWE title and the World Heavyweight title. After this announcement have them schedule a last man standing match for the vacant WHC between Cesaro and the Great Khali, with Cesaro winning, and an I quit match later in the evening as the main event for the vacant WWE championship between John Cena and Bray Wyatt, with Cena coming out on top (and elevating Bray in the process)

After this at MITB they should have Orton win the WHC contract and cash it in that same night on Cesaro during his inevitable rematch with Khali to win the WHC. Then have Alberto del rio win the WWE championship contract and feud with Cena until the next PPV after Money in the Bank.

Finally, while Cena is celebrating his future victory over Alberto on the following Raw, Orton's music hits. Orton then explains that he is the best and that he, not Cena is the face of the company. These two will then feud in the coming weeks culminating in the ultimate champion vs champion bout at Summerslam!

What do you (stupid PG fans) think about that?

Can we get Big Show claiming he has an ironclad contract showing up and demanding a title opportunity as he believes he deserves one? Can we also find out that the actual signature on his "ironclad" contract isn't his own, but actually JTG's so we learn that he truly is invincible and is the only one that can combat supercena and save future generations? Meanwhile, the week this happens, Damien Sandow will be running around backstage making choo-choo noises because he thinks he's thomas the little train. All the while Alberto Del Rio will consult with a psychic to reveal that it is his destiny to once again become WWE champion by winning the WWE MITB briefcase. And, after their mega-anticipated showdown at Summerslam in which Randy Orton emerges victorious and claims both belts once again, CAPTAIN CHARISMA CHRISTIAN returns to demand one more match. I mean, that's what I think about it.

In all serious though, I'm highly expecting the MITB this year to be (ADR, Sheamus, Cesaro, and Orton because announced) with Cena, Bray, and some 3rd and maybe 4th unannounced person. They showed 7 spots this week on RAW, and one of those spots has to go to Cena. One of the other ones should be Bray because obviously we'll get the continuation in a ladder match of all things. Final guy is probably going to be KANE because why not? I'm expecting like Kane, Cena, or Orton to walk out with the belt if that's true, but we all would want Bray or Cesaro to win it. Honestly, it'd be pretty frickin cool to have either as WWE World Champ. Cesaro honestly should have continued his face push into something like this if it were foreseeable, because honestly he'd get a massive pop for a win of this caliber as a face honestly. Bray as WWE champ...oh the fun to be had, despite being fed to Cena, Bray as world champ could be really fun. Just please don't give us another Cena/Orton title reign or even think of letting ADR win it.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I don't see how Harper is fodder. Every match he's in, rowan gets the **** kicked out of him, then tags in harper who destroys stuff.(until he gets beat down to build up to the hot tag that EVERY tag match apparently has to have now). Even the announcers put over Harper fairly frequently.

I actually feel pretty sorry for Rowan. He might have had a chance in the attitude era or whatever you want to call the pre-pg era, but in todays market, someone with his looks is just screwed. Especially when somebody comparable to him, Luke Gallows, had infinitely more talent and still got axed.

Rather than facing tag teams/being the champions right now, they're basically being used as fodder whenever they want to drag a face into a tag team match (see: john cena/usos, shield, and daniel bryan). Instead of this, I'd love to see bray either get more followers/brainwash more people, or have him be behind the scenes while the two go on a massive title reign. Then we can hopefully avoid these incredibly predictable 6-man tag team main event matches that have been going on for all of the past year.

chalkus

If they did that, there would just be one more title that doesn’t mean anything on the show. Do we really want that again?

If fans are really that crazy over Daniel Bryan then he must be doing something right. He’s found a way to tap into something that the audiences love and has gotten a lot of support for it, enough that the company had him beat Triple H and Batista, and win the title in the main event of WrestleMania. CM Punk, popular as he could be, never got that kind of support. I don’t think Bryan’s the greatest main eventer, but he definitely cannot be considered an awful one.
Daniel Bryan was never really over. The yes chant was over and it propelled him to the main event. Most Daniel Bryan fans don't care about how talented a wrestler he is, all they care about is the chant and his underdog storyline. Once the chant loses its luster and his bed title reign goes on for a couple months, people will lose interest for the next fad.

charizardfan

Daniel Bryan was never really over. The yes chant was over and it propelled him to the main event. Most Daniel Bryan fans don't care about how talented a wrestler he is, all they care about is the chant and his underdog storyline. Once the chant loses its luster and his bed title reign goes on for a couple months, people will lose interest for the next fad.
Fads like that don’t last for two years, and Daniel Bryan is hardly the first main eventer to have a specific catchphrase for the audience to latch onto (see: The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin). While fans could easily lose interest in Bryan, it’s not going to be because Bryan was only over because of one chant that's been around for a very long time now.

It seems to me like the bigger problem - and I'm just going off the one post-WrestleMania storyline he's been in, so who really knows? - is that Bryan might start having trouble getting people interested in a variety of different storylines that's required of a main event talent. You can only be the underdog fighting champion for so long before audiences start getting bored of it. Say what you will about John Cena, but there's a reason he's been on top for so long, and part of that reason is that he can play most of the parts WWE needs him to play: he can be the underdog, he can be the dominant face, he can be the cocky heel, he can be the veteran, etc. Daniel Bryan has to be able to do that as well, and if he can't he's going to end up right back in the midcard and the title will be right back to either Cena, any of the other established talent, or whoever management happens to be high on at the moment. But then, I don't really know.

celestial phantom

Welp the WWE spring/summer clean up is here for probably for their losses in the investments for the network and them losing money. The following talents were released today:

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal
Aksana
Curt Hawkins
Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu
Marc Harris (referee)

I can understand most of these guys, but c'mon Brodus and Drew? They could have been useful somewhere on the roster if creative knew what they were doing. Might not have been true main event talent, but they could have made it through the midcard/jobber to the stars ordeal when needed. Bourne I was hoping to see back, but injuries + wellness strikes don't surprise me. Hawkins at least he can focus on his wrestling school and maybe teaching guys some useful stuff and make it to where he couldn't in WWE.

I'm still waiting on the offices to call up Hornswoggle now that 3MB is done for, Cameron, Bo Dallas and Khali. Sadly since he's actually a big thing in India they won't release him until he's ready not to collect a paycheck.

-Raiga-

Dang! They finally nabbed JTG. That joke about him somehow evading all the cuts was one of the few things I still read the dirtsheets for lol

Sad story for Bourne and Clay though, both incredibly underutilized. Saddest part is I'm sure WWE's logic for firing bourne was "Wait, so our NXT champion does Bourne's finisher AND spins while doing it?! Fire Evan now!"

Edit: HOLY CRAP JTG's release is trending on facebook/twitter. You heard it here first folks, JTG has gotten the most mainstream appeal that the WWE has gotten since Darren Young came out.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Welp the WWE spring/summer clean up is here for probably for their losses in the investments for the network and them losing money. The following talents were released today:

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal
Aksana
Curt Hawkins
Theodore Long
Camacho
Brodus Clay
Evan Bourne
Yoshi Tatsu
Marc Harris (referee)

I can understand most of these guys, but c'mon Brodus and Drew? They could have been useful somewhere on the roster if creative knew what they were doing. Might not have been true main event talent, but they could have made it through the midcard/jobber to the stars ordeal when needed. Bourne I was hoping to see back, but injuries + wellness strikes don't surprise me. Hawkins at least he can focus on his wrestling school and maybe teaching guys some useful stuff and make it to where he couldn't in WWE.

I'm still waiting on the offices to call up Hornswoggle now that 3MB is done for, Cameron, Bo Dallas and Khali. Sadly since he's actually a big thing in India they won't release him until he's ready not to collect a paycheck.

I wish I could say I'm surprised. But I'm not. As much as I chuckled at Da Funkasaurus gimmick, it was probably never going to go anywhere. And when he lost his theme music and went heel, that was the end of Brodus Clay. The name on the list that really disappoints me is Drew Mcintyre. I actually thought he was going to be a World Heavyweight Champion back when he was the "Chosen One" It seems foolish to even think that now, but long ago. I guess the three man jobbing band is over. Most of the guys WWE releases hardly ever came on TV anyway. So disappointing.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Sooooo is CM Punk still technically part of the roster?

Mye

Someone has to win..
For me, Jinder Mahal/Drew McIntyre/Aksana are the biggest surprises on that list, namely because of how much airtime they've had over the recent months. 3MB was in that feud with the matajobbers, and although it was heavily abusing midget-sploitation it did get all of 3MB on the radar. Wouldn't be surprised to see slater appear in nxt matches before eventually being released as well. Aksana on the other hand was a missed opportunity. They had a lithuanian bodybuilder, yet because she debuted at the same time as Beth Phoenix's push she was basically ignored. Yes she would've probably still been ignored for the next little while with a potential fox/paige/layla/summer rae title match in the future but, ugh.

Rest of them I'm not too surprised with. Hawkins and tatsu were NXT fodder for the past year, and theodore long had basically run out all options after being fired as booker's assistant. Camacho was fodder for adam rose at takeover (which gave little use for him afterwards with Rose being in a swagger feud now), and Brodus basically went the Shad Gaspard route by losing to a champion (in this case Neville) before being booted. Also, with JTG gone it is probably safe to say that noone will be graduating at Adam Rose's entrance.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I saw pieces of Smackdown last night. I guess that will be the final appearance of Heath Slater's three man jobbing band. I'll miss them. At least Heath Slater's still around. I like him. And they had Adam Rose and Fandago wrestle already? I was hoping for a storyline about who the audience loved to do more. Fandagoing or Adam Rosing...LOL. That's not a word but they did sing Adam Rose's theme music awhile ago on RAW. That would have been a amusing midcard level feud.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
RIP 3MB. I just watched NXT today, it was a great show. Bo Dallas is one of the new characters I am most excited about. I hope that he has more success in this (2nd) main roster run than he did in his first.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Until his contract expires, yes.

I was pretty sure that his contract expired this month which is why I was confused. Unless it expires in July.

celestial phantom

So, I had a thought coming off the inclusion of Bray Wyatt in the MITB now. What if instead of my idea of Kane in the match, they opt to put YOLO-Lesnar in the match. Lesnar + not caring about almost anyone's health in a match + ladders and the occasional table spot. Add in the fact we have Bray, Sheamus and Cesaro and the probability of Cena who are all hard-hitting brawlers at times. This would be one train wreck of a match for the world titles. As much as I love spot monkeys in ladder matches, this is just shaping up to be an all our brawl with the names announced so far known for working somewhat stiff on occasion. Even better would we'd get some over the top ham promos from paul heyman about how one of his two clients that had major wrestlemania moments will soon be the next WWE World Heavyweight champion because they conquered the streak or the conquered the Andre moment.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Anybody see RAW last night? Stardust and barf projecting. Hmm. And best of all we got to see John Cena vs Kane again. Yay! I so missed their rivalry about "Embracing the hate!" All you needed was Zack Ryder in a wheel chair and it would have been perfect. Overall RAW was boring for ole Platinum fan. They need to step it up.

Mye

Someone has to win..
For me, raw had a few moments. Rollins vs ziggler was a bit confusing for numerous reasons, namely that the preview of the match showed rollins shirtless despite him coming out in his normal ring attire. If ambrose hadn't interrupted that match it could've easily been match of the year, which wouldn't have been too surprising. Rest of raw, ugh ><. Adam Rose is continuing a random feud with no buildup vs fandango (that includes summer rae for some reason), rather than cody rhodes continuing along his heel trend he instead chose to come out in an outfit that'll probably give me nightmares for the next few months, and we saw cena and reigns enter that MiTB thing in stereotypical fashion. If they really want to make raw interesting, they need to add actual storylines rather than randomly pairing up people each week. While doing that has a rare chance of succeeding (ie: the fandango/sandow team from last week that was -bleep-ing hilarious), it more often than not makes the audience hate it (ie: random non-crazy black lady cameron vs paige, and the mini-feud I'm referring to as "bray-mus").

celestial phantom

RAW for me started off really weird. I mean after that whole auth segment, where they brought the stretcher out and stuff and Kane's music went off, I actually believed that was gonna start the show. Then, it didn't. After that well, for the rest of first half of RAW they had some really strong booking.

Rollins vs Dolph while having like 3 matches in a row this week, had a really great match. Regardless of the fact that it is his hometown, Ziggler is still getting some good pops wherever he goes, and he's a good strong hand. Enjoyed the Ambrose cause for DQ too. Lead right into our second match, we got a nice little Ambrose promo which hopefully leads to him challenging Seth at MITB. Then, Ambrose vs BNB, out of everyone so far he's faced in singles, I think Ambrose clicked with BNB the best so far. Was hoping for a distraction win for BNB over a count out, but it continued the Rollins/Ambrose feud. Segments with Roman lead to his expected win in the Battle Royal, but him starting down with Rusev was a nice thing. I'm enjoying the slow build they are doing with him. It'd just make it more exciting if we end up with Swagger turning face and coming out to take out Rusev. Stardust will be confusing me for a while, and will need adjusting. Paige should never have released her finisher on Cameron and continued until she was no longer willing to wrestle again. Cena/Kane = same old s***.