• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

J Ken

RAVE
Does anyone else think that Swagger is gonna be buried even harder for injuring another superstar?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Does anyone else think that Swagger is gonna be buried even harder for injuring another superstar?
Even as a Barrett fan this seems more like an injury based on how Wade took the bump than Swagger's fault but knowing WWE...
I mean we have a storyline that writes itself in the Real American Jack Swagger vs. The Russian Hero and Superathlete Rusev but WWE insults us by not going with it so I just know they'll use this as an excuse to screw over Swagger even more

celestial phantom

I'll probably watch it later, but it will either be A) swagger's fault for the injury or B) barrett's for how he took the bump. Honestly, I hope that he's not out for a lot of time and it's just something simple, he's been on fire recently because the weekly BnB segments got people into it. When he returned under his "Barrett Barrage" thing, they didn't even promote it worth a damn. To be fair his "heat" under the Nexus, I'll attribute it to both him + Otunga mostly. Ryback went out with injury too early, D-Young got the axe from the group kind of early, did anyone ever take Slater seriously in the Nexus?, Tarver was blah, and I for the life of me could not see Gabriel really fitting in with the group so much because he's such a more natural face. Barrett led the charge on mic skills, while Otunga was just bad that I wanted to see his face get punched in.

As well, I think Swagger's never been a face in his entire WWE run. Rusev vs newly turned face Swagger. Sells itself. Hell, Rusev can even win it, but in the future if rumors on his contract are true, and wwe is willing to have him back, we get to see this return:
tumblr_mp8ub7BaqS1rt4k5qo8_250.gif

and the possible match up between them. If anyone would ever be capable of making Rusev over in some force that isn't just based on evil foreigner gimmick, it's this man.

-Raiga-

I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. I never said Barrett "made" the nexus or gathered all the heat. Ironically I think the heat each of them made followed their NXT rankings quite well. Wade got the most, then Otunga, then Gabriel(I still don't get how he played such a good heel while doing a 450 splash), etc.

On a different note, I'm finding the possibilities at MITB to be very interesting. As, WWE doesn't even have to do a swerve finish for either match for the result to be cool.

For instance even though it would be obvious, Bray winning the title and Harper/Rowan winning the tag titles would give the group some much needed material for new scenarios as far as match-ups and storylines are concerned. Much the same Evolution winning both matches, who cares if its obvious? The prospect of Rollins gaining Ortons trust while always being one second from cashing in on him is worth it.

Honestly, the biggest shame is that just about anyone but Cena winning the WWE World's Heavyweight Championship would be great one way or the other, but more than likely they'll have Cena win it just for the fact Lesnar will probably be main eventing summerslam.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I wish people would stop putting words in my mouth. I never said Barrett "made" the nexus or gathered all the heat. Ironically I think the heat each of them made followed their NXT rankings quite well. Wade got the most, then Otunga, then Gabriel(I still don't get how he played such a good heel while doing a 450 splash), etc.

On a different note, I'm finding the possibilities at MITB to be very interesting. As, WWE doesn't even have to do a swerve finish for either match for the result to be cool.

For instance even though it would be obvious, Bray winning the title and Harper/Rowan winning the tag titles would give the group some much needed material for new scenarios as far as match-ups and storylines are concerned. Much the same Evolution winning both matches, who cares if its obvious? The prospect of Rollins gaining Ortons trust while always being one second from cashing in on him is worth it.

Honestly, the biggest shame is that just about anyone but Cena winning the WWE World's Heavyweight Championship would be great one way or the other, but more than likely they'll have Cena win it just for the fact Lesnar will probably be main eventing summerslam.

It's because when he did all his most memorable heel moments, he wasn't talking (sorta like what WWE did with the shield and should've done with rusev but didn't because apparently standing on a box is talent worthy, which reminds me, I should probably stand on this shoebox to train should I want to become the next Cena). After seeing the poster, and realizing that it wasn't faked, I'm a bit annoyed. Rather than keep MiTB suspenseful, they pre-blew it much like that guy in the first american pie movie. Now, either cena will win or they'll have some 'splainin to do with that poster. Chances are the former, but in either case, uh, yeah:

(Also, don't worry mods, this video has no nudity yet clearly illustrates my point quite well)

[video=youtube;8m3h1sRI_zg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m3h1sRI_zg[/video]

Edit: Also, I just saw an "episode" of that slam city thing. Is it sad that sheamus has a mexican accent?

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
If Barrett is still banged up, what they should do is not officially rule him out, but him to come out late and be on commentary, then, when everyone is down and Ambrose/Rollins take each other out, he sneaks in and climbs the ladder to win the briefcase.

Mye

Someone has to win..
If Barrett is still banged up, what they should do is not officially rule him out, but him to come out late and be on commentary, then, when everyone is down and Ambrose/Rollins take each other out, he sneaks in and climbs the ladder to win the briefcase.

Yeah, they were discussing that on aftermath (the only canadian tv show that discusses what happens on WWE programming). While that would be a good idea, I'd much rather see someone like Ziggler (or Bryan, should they squeak him in there) only to have that person lose the briefcase to Barrett should he return. Then someone else can get a massive win on a pay per view, Barrett can get the briefcase without seeming weak, and if they do it right (make it an "all or nothing match" with the ic title also on the line) they can make the title seem way more important equating it to what is essentially a free main card match.

J Ken

RAVE
I'm as much of a fan of Roman Reigns as anyone else but it's kind of annoying how all they've done with him is take everything that belonged to Shield and changed it to just be for him. I mean it's like they're trying to put all of the Shield's success and pin it all on Roman.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Cana Wins lol. Worst MITB of all time. An we all know he's dropping the titles to Brock at Summerslam.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Brock is even more worthless than Cena. At least Cena is a full-timer. If he drops the belt to Brock then we'll only ever see the World title once every four months or so.

Whatever happens there, I'm just happy Orton didn't win.

rocky505

Brock is even more worthless than Cena. At least Cena is a full-timer. If he drops the belt to Brock then we'll only ever see the World title once every four months or so.
GOOD! That means Cena won't have a chance to get them. Cena doesn't deserve at least half of those title reigns. He's making Rick Flair's record look like a joke for crying out loud.

Mye

Someone has to win..
To be fair, if you added up all the time cena had meaningful title reigns it'd probably only total a few months or so (as half of them have basically been him subbing in trying to get the championships to a heel/bryan/rock). Chances are brock will win the titles in a last man standing match, only to have rollins cash in and put him way over by beating the guy who beat taker earlier this year.

charizardfan

I don't see it as a bad thing, personally. If someone needs to hold the title in order to be a sacrificial lamb for Brock Lesnar, I'd rather that be John Cena or Randy Orton than someone like Dean Ambrose. And between those two, I'd much rather see another Cena reign over the next couple months instead of another Orton one.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
John Cena winning shouldn't surprise anyone. Whatever, is what I say. I'm more interested in the fact that he's supposedly going to drop it to Brock Lesnar. I'm curious how that's going to work. Lesnar rarely appears on TV. The champ will never wrestle on TV, and I don't see the point of giving him a short title reign like the Rock's in 2013. Brock Lesnar ended the streak, so I thought he'd be untouchable for awhile. I can't see his title reign being long because he's a part time guy. And with only one major belt now, I would think they'd want their champion. So we'll see what happens with this.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I wanted Brock to stay gone after he broke the streak. Not because he did it, but because everyone on tv would keep reminding people he did. I was fine if he did, and just faded away but it looks that's not going to happen.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
To be quite honest, I cared less who won that match. I mean everyone knew who wouldn't win.
Handing the title to Lesnar would be a stupid idea, do they realize that there will be an obvious rating drop?

I wouldn't say it would be a rating drop. If Lesnar wrestled on TV, I think more people would tune in to see that. But that is unlikely to happen. I've heard that the plan was having Lesnar win the belt from Cena. I guess we'll see if it's true.