• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
Back in the winter, Randy Orton said he's unstoppable and he's the best in the company. Now, Brock Lesnar is here gloating about he's unstoppable. Clearly there are plot holes in the WWE storyline. Why hasn't Randy Orton got his rematch yet? Cena cashed his rematch clause right away, but shouldn't Randy Orton get his rematch? I know he's a heel, but WWE isn't making any sense.

New plan : Have Reigns vs Orton No Hold Barred at NOC (Which Orton loses, of course *facepalm*). Then the next night, have Stephanie Mcmahon yell at Orton for failing the authority and slaps him which causes Randy to RKO Triple-H's wife (FACE TURN :) ). At Hell In A Cell, the director of operations Kane goes 1-1 with Randy and Orton DOMINATES him (The return of the ruthless legend killer). Then, at Survivor Series, Orton cashes in his rematch clause vs Lesnar. And Orton's feud with the authority continues 'till Wrestlemania, when Randy Orton goes 1-1 with Triple-H (Orton is losing his credibility in Wrestlemania matches, so that match would be a MUST-WIN match for him.)

BROCK LESNAR'S PATH :
Survivor Series : Randy Orton
TLC : Dean Ambrose
Royal Rumble : Daniel Bryan
Elimination Chamber : Sheamus
Wrestlemania : Roman Reigns (BROCK LESNAR WINS)
Extreme Rules : Roman Reigns (Brock Lesnar loses)

I'm assuming the IC and US title would be unified by the Elimination Chamber PPV so that title would be defended in the annual Elimination Chamber match. No chance in hell Lesnar is put in that match.

And why do people keep saying Lesnar will lose to Reigns at W31? Makes no sense at all. Lesnar just beat the Undertaker. WHOEVER beats the Undertaker becomes Mr. Wrestlemania. Lesnar losing the first Wrestlemania after he beat the deadman just ruins the entire concept of the streak.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Roman Reigns losing to Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania and then winning at Extreme Rules will not have the same effect of pushing Reigns. A part timer holding the belt until Wrestlemania is already pushing it, but afterwords? Reigns will have already lost the big match at Wrestlemania, the show that actual matters. If Roman Reigns is going to go over Brock Lesnar, it needs to be at Wrestlemania or another important PV like Royal Rumble or Survivor Series. WWE needs to go all the way with Reigns if he is going to beat Brock Lesnar. And Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, or Survivor Series are the shows to do it.

-Raiga-

New plan : Have Reigns vs Orton No Hold Barred at NOC (Which Orton loses, of course *facepalm*). Then the next night, have Stephanie Mcmahon yell at Orton for failing the authority and slaps him which causes Randy to RKO Triple-H's wife (FACE TURN :) ). At Hell In A Cell, the director of operations Kane goes 1-1 with Randy and Orton DOMINATES him (The return of the ruthless legend killer). Then, at Survivor Series, Orton cashes in his rematch clause vs Lesnar. And Orton's feud with the authority continues 'till Wrestlemania, when Randy Orton goes 1-1 with Triple-H (Orton is losing his credibility in Wrestlemania matches, so that match would be a MUST-WIN match for him.)

Uhh sorry but those are some.....REALLY boring matches that nobody wants to see. HHH vs Orton? At WRESTLEMANIA?! AGAIN?!

Now, on topic, here's something that I don't understand. Why does the end all be all Lesnar vs. Reigns match need the WWE title involved? I understand its a logical feud starter, but I'm sure creative could come up with another reason for beef between the two. I mean I'd like to think the prestige of being the streak ender is equal to that of the current WWE title anyways.

This way the title is freed up to give another feud some fire underneath it. And that means Cena holding it more than likely, but that's not a bad thing considering Cena seems a helluva lot more likely to lose when the title is on line as oppose to a blood feud where he can lose face.

Optimus Prime 44

Follow The Buzzards
Roman Reigns losing to Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania and then winning at Extreme Rules will not have the same effect of pushing Reigns. A part timer holding the belt until Wrestlemania is already pushing it, but afterwords? Reigns will have already lost the big match at Wrestlemania, the show that actual matters. If Roman Reigns is going to go over Brock Lesnar, it needs to be at Wrestlemania or another important PV like Royal Rumble or Survivor Series. WWE needs to go all the way with Reigns if he is going to beat Brock Lesnar. And Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, or Survivor Series are the shows to do it.

Is Survivor Series STILL being considered part of the "BIG 4 PPV's"? Ever since Extreme Rules debuted, it's constantly been the better PPV. In 2012, it was John Cena vs Brock Lesnar at ER. In 2013, it was HHH vs Lesnar. In 2014, it was Shield vs Evolution. Reigns beating Lesnar at the 4th best PPV of the year won't hurt him AT ALL. Especially with the big push he's getting.
Uhh sorry but those are some.....REALLY boring matches that nobody wants to see. HHH vs Orton? At WRESTLEMANIA?! AGAIN?!

Boring matches? Do you know how many people wanna see Lesnar vs Orton? Or Lesnar vs Bryan? Or Lesnar vs Ambrose? Hell, a match vs Sheamus at Elimination Chamber would be cool since it won't even be the main event match. And I really do wanna see FACE Randy Orton vs the corporate HEEL HHH. The fans loved Orton when he was face. He got huge pops. RKO'ing Stephanie McMahon would be an amazing face turn. Destroying the most annoying superstar in the WWE today (Kane) would put him over.

I know social media doesn't mean much, but Orton gets so much respect on his Instagram and Twitter account, unlike Steph and HHH (It's scripted, so they all should get respect, but idk or idc). Face Orton has soo many people to feud with. After Orton's feud with Reigns, who else does he have left? NOBODY. And I still wanna see Wyatt attack the Viper for saying he belongs in Duck Dynasty back at the Rumble.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Is Survivor Series STILL being considered part of the "BIG 4 PPV's"? Ever since Extreme Rules debuted, it's constantly been the better PPV. In 2012, it was John Cena vs Brock Lesnar at ER. In 2013, it was HHH vs Lesnar. In 2014, it was Shield vs Evolution. Reigns beating Lesnar at the 4th best PPV of the year won't hurt him AT ALL. Especially with the big push he's getting.

Boring matches? Do you know how many people wanna see Lesnar vs Orton? Or Lesnar vs Bryan? Or Lesnar vs Ambrose? Hell, a match vs Sheamus at Elimination Chamber would be cool since it won't even be the main event match. And I really do wanna see FACE Randy Orton vs the corporate HEEL HHH. The fans loved Orton when he was face. He got huge pops. RKO'ing Stephanie McMahon would be an amazing face turn. Destroying the most annoying superstar in the WWE today (Kane) would put him over.

I know social media doesn't mean much, but Orton gets so much respect on his Instagram and Twitter account, unlike Steph and HHH (It's scripted, so they all should get respect, but idk or idc). Face Orton has soo many people to feud with. After Orton's feud with Reigns, who else does he have left? NOBODY. And I still wanna see Wyatt attack the Viper for saying he belongs in Duck Dynasty back at the Rumble.

Um yes, it still is. Since it hasn't gone the way of King of the Ring, it's still a pretty big show. Maybe not as big as a Wrestlemania, Summerslam, or Royal Rumble, but it still has a place. Regardless Lesnar should not hold onto the belt after Wrestlemania. I hear he's not even booked after Wrestlemania. He beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania, so whoever slays Brock Lesnar needs to do it at Wrestlemania to get the big rub and become a new top main eventer in WWE. Whether that's Roman Reigns or not remains to be seen by WWE.

Lets just assume for the sake of this conversation it is Reigns who will beat Lesnar. It will be bigger to do it at Wrestlemania then Extreme Rules, after Brock Lesnar has already beat Roman Reigns on the biggest show of the year. If you're really going all the way with Reigns and going to give him a major top spot, then Wrestlemania is the place to do it. Brock Lesnar already has made his mark in WWE and doesn't need the win here. Reigns does.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
So I just watched the three episodes of The Monday Night Wars (on the WWE Network for just $9.99!), and... damn. I would give anything for there to be a viable, competitive #2 organization to be able to compete with WWE again. Just another company to put on quality shows, have the money to compete on WWE's level, and cause both itself and WWE to think outside the box and have to evolve and change.

-Raiga-

Boring matches? Do you know how many people wanna see Lesnar vs Orton?

I'd bet you both my bank accounts you can't find a single person who wants to see this.(minus yourself lol)

He got huge pops. RKO'ing Stephanie McMahon would be an amazing face turn.

You seem to have a revisionist history with Orton. He got huge pops because the RKO is a badass finisher and WWE capitalized on it by force feeding the ENTIRE roster to him week by week. And for the stephanie thing, that's what irks me the most here. You have fans who desperately want NEW storylines and characters(and to get stephanie/hhh out of every storyline possible), and now you want to rehash mildily successful ones?

And as far as respect goes, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone defend Orton more than I have throughout the course of this thread. But let's face it, they had an opportunity to give orton's character a much needed facelift at MITB last year and instead gave us a further watered down version of the so called "viper", who has been treading water ever since. At this point, Orton is best used in a RVD capacity, as in putting over up and coming talents like reigns and only picking up enough wins to make it mean anything.

So I just watched the three episodes of The Monday Night Wars (on the WWE Network for just $9.99!), and... damn. I would give anything for there to be a viable, competitive #2 organization to be able to compete with WWE again. Just another company to put on quality shows, have the money to compete on WWE's level, and cause both itself and WWE to think outside the box and have to evolve and change.

Agreed. Unfortunately the reason another company can't compete is that there is absolutely no demand for pro-wrestling. The WWE networks terrible subscription rate is proof of this.

And honestly, if WWE didn't aim the product towards children, they'd probably be out of business right now(as TNA is unfortunately looking to). The way I see it, the only reason WWE's constantly dwindling rating has stagnated at 3.0 is because for every kid who grows out wrestling a younger one is there to take their place.

It sucks, but pro-wrestling really has no business existing in 2014 when you think about it objectively.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'd bet you both my bank accounts you can't find a single person who wants to see this.(minus yourself lol)

You seem to have a revisionist history with Orton. He got huge pops because the RKO is a badass finisher and WWE capitalized on it by force feeding the ENTIRE roster to him week by week. And for the stephanie thing, that's what irks me the most here. You have fans who desperately want NEW storylines and characters(and to get stephanie/hhh out of every storyline possible), and now you want to rehash mildily successful ones?

And as far as respect goes, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone defend Orton more than I have throughout the course of this thread. But let's face it, they had an opportunity to give orton's character a much needed facelift at MITB last year and instead gave us a further watered down version of the so called "viper", who has been treading water ever since. At this point, Orton is best used in a RVD capacity, as in putting over up and coming talents like reigns and only picking up enough wins to make it mean anything.

Agreed. Unfortunately the reason another company can't compete is that there is absolutely no demand for pro-wrestling. The WWE networks terrible subscription rate is proof of this.

And honestly, if WWE didn't aim the product towards children, they'd probably be out of business right now(as TNA is unfortunately looking to). The way I see it, the only reason WWE's constantly dwindling rating has stagnated at 3.0 is because for every kid who grows out wrestling a younger one is there to take their place.

It sucks, but pro-wrestling really has no business existing in 2014 when you think about it objectively.

The RVD route is actually something I'd enjoy a Randy Orton in. The last time I really enjoyed Randy Orton was when he was feuding with Wade Barret back on Smackdown. Trying to salvage Wade Barret after the crumbling of Nexus. I did enjoy that midcard feud. I thought Orton was actually used well there.

And cheer up. Surely Jeff Jarret's Global Force Wrestling will provide the competition for WWE in the future...right? Yeah, I'm just grasping at straws here. I do wish there was a 2nd wrestling company though. TNA might not be around for much longer on TV anyway.

Armando Payne

Allegedly Vinnie Mac wrote the whole John Cena is God bits because he's a senile old man who doesn't understand how the world works.

-Raiga-

The RVD route is actually something I'd enjoy a Randy Orton in. The last time I really enjoyed Randy Orton was when he was feuding with Wade Barret back on Smackdown. Trying to salvage Wade Barret after the crumbling of Nexus. I did enjoy that midcard feud. I thought Orton was actually used well there.

Precisely. And that's what I wish WWE would do, to make actual feuds. Because when you have a feud you don't need any other reason for the match to exist, and to be popular for that matter. As of this year the only thing I'd say classifies as a feud is Ambrose/Rollins, and surprise surprise its one of the hottest storylines they have right now.

Everything else are just matchups with a championship as an excuse for them to fight. Heck, most wrestler's "characters" are derived from titles nowadays. Don't know what to write for a wrestler? No worries, their gimmick is that they never lose the championship and that they are great(see punk, ambrose, Aj).

celestial phantom

I wouldn't mind Lesnar vs Orton in a match honestly, but it's the fact there would be no feud surrounding it. If they didn't make Orton seem like a whiny b***h, I'd actually enjoy the possibility more. As far as not having feuds over anything, that's all creative's fault for not being creative. 10 years ago we had a WM feud of Edge vs. Booker T fighting because one was mad about not getting to star in the japanese shampoo commercial the other did. Both men deserved better for getting a WM match (as both were more of the more entertaining guys on the RAW roster in those years), but ended up with a shitty feud. Add they put together what I remember as a somewhat entertaining 7 minute match at Mania 18, and I just blame creative for not giving today's superstars any form of feud or character.

Looking at guys on the roster, there's rarely any character given to a lot of people or there are too many people sharing the same gimmick.

Lesnar, Sheamus, HHH, Orton, Mark Henry, Big Show, Cesaro, Roman Reigns, "Big E" : Badass type characters with little to no edge or humor to them. They beat down opponents, but unless you are hunter and allow yourself to show any personality, it's not there.

Any diva not named Paige, AJ, Nattie, and currently the bellas: Dancers.

Former Divas I named: 2/3rds crazy, 1/3rd b***hes.

John Cena: John Cena. At this point he is a character that is stronger than superman.

Most lower midcard/jobbers: Musical type characters or dancers. This kind of includes the Usos a bit, at least I think.

Miz: Arrogant Movie star
Dolph: Arrogant Face / Showstealer
Seth Rollins: Some Marvel character (jk, Arrogant Heel)
Dean Ambrose: Psycho Face
Wyatts: Backwoods cult
Rusev: Evil Foreigner
Swagger: Patriot
Dustbrothers: Weirdos
Sandow / BNB : Comedic / "Witty" heels, except that Sandow is getting the jobber treatment with his schtick.

Too many guys feel the same, and there isn't any diversity to their entertainment skills right now. Been that way for a while. Wish we got kind of Attitude/Ruthless aggression type guys again.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
LOL. I remember that fake hair shampoo feud between Edge and Booker T. It was quite strange. I liked that they feuded but the reasoning was kinda weird. Well whatever. It's all in the past now. And neither of them are wrestling anymore :(

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
LOL. I remember that fake hair shampoo feud between Edge and Booker T. It was quite strange. I liked that they feuded but the reasoning was kinda weird. Well whatever. It's all in the past now. And neither of them are wrestling anymore :(

The Kane/Jericho spilled coffee feud was probably better haha.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Bo Dallas is too good.

Laser Shuckle

Well, Raw was absolute trash last night. And Steph having that staredown with AJ was evidence that they should have never even bothered with the Bellas and gone with AJ vs Stephanie instead of Brie.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
No Brock Lesnar last night. What a shock. Not even a updated video package of him. The only thing we got was Paul Heyman as always. They could at least let Heyman have the belt whenever he talks. The only feud I'm interested in right now is Bo Dallas and Jack Swagger. The AJ Lee and Paige feud just got dumbed down if they add the Bellas. I'm not at all interested in a Stephanie and AJ feud if that's what they are setting up for. Have the run out of Divas already?

Still not interested in John Cena vs Brock Lesnar round 3. Well round 4 if you count their 2003 match years ago. They are finally going with Rusev vs Mark Henry. I bet the person to beat Rusev is John Cena. I can see them set it up after Cena vs Lesnar 3. Not interested in that either. RAW was boring last night. At least we had Y2J on the mike.