• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

So what do you guys think are some of the best possible main events/big matches for WrestleMania 32? I have some ideas, and I'd like to hear yours.

1) Triple Threat match for the WWE WHC: Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns.
-This writes itself, and has been EVERY fantasy booker's dream since, oh, approximately 8 minutes after Seth cracked Roman with a chair to dissolve The Shield. Let's say that Seth is either still the champ or again after the champ (after a Lesnar/Sheamus detour) going into 'Mania next year. Reigns and Ambrose have a Hart/Luger ending to the 2016 Royal Rumble (or Reigns wins AGAIN, but on the Road to Wrestlemania, Ambrose turns on him, and Reigns angrily gets him inserted into the main event as revenge).

2) WWE WHC match: Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens
-This match gives me chills. Brock reclaims the belt in the next few months. Owens wins the Rumble. One of the greatest WrestleMania main event matches of all time, easy peasy.

3) Retirement Match: John Cena vs. The Undertaker
-There won't be any drama, but Cena will be 38 and possibly looking to transition to film, so they could at least pretend. And there's no way Taker lets his LAST MATCH be a clunker like his last two outings (and if it's all-but 100% confirmed as his last go-round, everyone will have high expectations). This would be great.

What else can you think of?

I would put the WHC title on the triple threat match, with Ambrose winning the rumble. And just let Owens vs. Brock be a non title match. I still think we'll see Sting vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 32.

Here's some matches I'd like to see along with the first two you mentioned, and this is if they bring all these guys/girl up from NXT by then.

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt
Hideo Itami vs. Big Show
Samoa Joe vs. John Cena
Ryback vs. Rusev (IC Title)
Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Fatal Four Way Ladder Match for the Tag Titles
Nikki Bella vs. Sasha Banks (Divas Title)
Triple H vs. The Rock
Sami Zayn vs. Sheamus (US Title)

It depends Sid, are we allowed to include people who aren't signed by WWE but might be before WM 32? If so, I'm thinking we could see Seth vs Kenta vs AJ Styles for the main championship just to add something interesting. Seth could beat up Lesnar/possibly Reigns/Ambrose (starting a 4-way feud for the championship survivor series). After rollins wins, he'd come on raw and make a speech about how he's defeated EVERYONE on the main roster and really has nothing left to prove. Kenta would then make his main roster debut (forgetting the whole crapshow at the WM battle royal), not say anything, and possibly tease a GTS on rollins with him running away scurred. At the rumble, they'd do it normally but after the 30th entrant enters the clock would continue to run with the commentary team suggesting that it's probably glitched after being used so much over the years. AJ Styles would be the 31st entrant, win the Rumble, and boom: WM triple threat.

Also, if you read the results of the shows phantom it makes the divas even more confusing. Over the past 2 months, all of Naomi, the Bellas, Paige, Alicia Fox, and Summer Rae have been given negative adjectives/adverbs (usually evil) when referring to their actions. It really makes me wish the whole Awesome Kong thing didn't screw up, as we could really use her right now if only to destroy all of them and make us forget all about them. Or wait, I should probably rephrase that: the divas division needs Awesome Kong and Will Smith's character from MIB with one of those memory-wiper thingies.

There's no way AJ Styles is getting that monster of a push from the start, and the same with Hideo Itami whose still hurt and really hasn't finished his run on NXT. I don't think AJ Styles signs to WWE tbh, we'll see after his title defense with Okada and even if he does they'll put him on NXT first to establish him to the general WWE fans. While when Hideo gets called up I think he'll be built up as a giant slayer (Henry/Show/Kane) to show the crowd how strong his fighting spirit is, since they teased that at Wrestlemania 31 . if Kong never messed up she wouldn't have lasted long in WWE either, she wasn't going to be put in feuds to elevate the divas title she would've been there for a bit and then left because of 2-5 minute matches (If that).

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, he said "best possible" main events, not the "best possible ones that WWE will be forced to do because they don't put accomplished guys on the main roster like they used to". Whether he does or doesn't sign with WWE I really don't care tbh, as if he does and doesn't get immediately put into the main event then it'll be a waste of everyone's time and if he doesn't then he'll be one of the only top wrestlers (sorry Jeff Jarrett, you don't count) to never wrestle a match with them. If Kong hadn't messed up and they had actually given her matches/feuds proper time she could've easily been one of the top-3 divas of all time (with the list aside from Trish and Lita being pretty slim). She would've also had a lot of good talent to work around as well as dozens of fascinating angles, and could've formed a team or rivalry with Paige (two "divas" who aren't like the others) and even Bayley (with Kong being the misunderstood face who just wants to be treated normally).

Oh, and you're kinda off on the whole Kenta thing. If WWE really wants to establish their dominance over New Japan, they have to show that they're at least willing to incorperate talent from other places to make their brand good. That, and their main event is looking (how can I phrase this without sounding "racist" ) rather ivory as of late.

ger9119

Yeah, he said "best possible" main events, not the "best possible ones that WWE will be forced to do because they don't put accomplished guys on the main roster like they used to". Whether he does or doesn't sign with WWE I really don't care tbh, as if he does and doesn't get immediately put into the main event then it'll be a waste of everyone's time and if he doesn't then he'll be one of the only top wrestlers (sorry Jeff Jarrett, you don't count) to never wrestle a match with them. If Kong hadn't messed up and they had actually given her matches/feuds proper time she could've easily been one of the top-3 divas of all time (with the list aside from Trish and Lita being pretty slim). She would've also had a lot of good talent to work around as well as dozens of fascinating angles, and could've formed a team or rivalry with Paige (two "divas" who aren't like the others) and even Bayley (with Kong being the misunderstood face who just wants to be treated normally).

Oh, and you're kinda off on the whole Kenta thing. If WWE really wants to establish their dominance over New Japan, they have to show that they're at least willing to incorperate talent from other places to make their brand good. That, and their main event is looking (how can I phrase this without sounding "racist" ) rather ivory as of late.

Jeff Jarret had two sucessful stints in WWE though, they will not just throw a guy in the main event right after signing them. So if AJ did sign he will be on NXT for awhile, and then brought into the fold like Owens has been. AJ on NXT and the show being built around him would be great, and then bring him on the Main Roster. They are doing that with every major name they've signed so I don't see AJ getting special treatment over Joe/Itami/Owens/Zayn/Balor etc. This isn't a Sting sort of thing with AJ, he has plenty of good wrestling left and could get used to the WWE camera angles and stuff in NXT just like Joe is and just like everyone else does. I understood the question, but an AJ/Hideo/Rollins match literally makes no sense at all and doesn't sound like the best possible match you can have. They wouldn't have given Kong extra time at all so it would've flopped, they signed her because she built up a name in TNA it's why they resigned Gail Kim and that flopped also. Also there's at least five guys who will go down in history as better guys to never go to WWE if AJ doesn't go, don't get me wrong AJ is great and all but there's plenty of better wrestlers who never signed to WWE.

And you say the title picture looks a lot of ivory but their champion isn't white and one of the guys whose a top contender is Samoan so you're really reaching there, and overall the talent roster has a lot of American wrestlers just like Mexican promotions have mainly Mexicans and Japanese promotions have mainly Japanese. They've proven numerous times that they can book people from different places well, so you're really reaching. The only bigger reach is you saying WWE has any sort of dominance or a chance of dominance of New Japan. And can you stop calling him Kenta, it's Hideo now and it's just annoying to call people by their previous names/gimmicks. Don't see people calling Rollins Tyler Black or Ambrose Jon Moxley. They incorporate people from other places all the time, and they've built Hideo up pretty good right now and honestly his run has been a lot more seriously done than any other Japanese wrestler signed to WWE ever as he hasn't been booked as a joke (Tajiri, Funaki etc) and he's not built as some guy who can't speak english and is used for comic relief (Kenzo Suzuki) they've built Hideo as a legit threat and as a credible performer. I mean Owens is french Candian and Balor/Sheamus are from Ireland so I don't see you reaching for it other than to justify that weird main event you think is good.

WWE can't establish that since they aren't dominate in Japan and never will be, and when they've gone head to head they have lost to NJPW on their own soil. NJPW has a better roster, better storylines, better booking and just as much history as WWE has. If you look in Japan, the venues WWE books are small compared to what NJPW does there, and if WWE was able to book the Tokyo Dome they wouldn't be able to sell it out. And I don't think Hideo Itami by himself can make WWE bigger than NJPW is in Japan, maybe if they lured away a Nakamura or Okada maybe but that's highly unlikely. I think building up Hideo by having him beat bigger superstars is a lot better on building him up than throwing him in the main event of Wrestlemania in his first main roster feud that's just horrible and it will flop hard . He's already a star in Japan, the test is to build him as a star here in the states to market him in America and in Japan. They brought Hideo in to help ticket sales in Japan, not to overthrow the top promotion there thats been running since 1972 and the only legit threat anywhere in the world to WWE since that's an impossible task to ask a talent to do. Hideo can win the WWE title tomorrow and it wouldn't do anything to harm NJPW in Japan since Nakamura/Okada/Tanahashi > Hideo Itami by himself, I prove this point with the big tokyo show on july 4th isn't sold out with lesnar/cena/jericho/owens/balor/hideo/neville etc all on the show so that's with a bunch of guys who either worked for NJPW or have wrestled in Japan previously at some point barring John Cena.

Last edited:

celestial phantom

There's no way AJ Styles is getting that monster of a push from the start, and the same with Hideo Itami whose still hurt and really hasn't finished his run on NXT. I don't think AJ Styles signs to WWE tbh, we'll see after his title defense with Okada and even if he does they'll put him on NXT first to establish him to the general WWE fans. While when Hideo gets called up I think he'll be built up as a giant slayer (Henry/Show/Kane) to show the crowd how strong his fighting spirit is, since they teased that at Wrestlemania 31 . if Kong never messed up she wouldn't have lasted long in WWE either, she wasn't going to be put in feuds to elevate the divas title she would've been there for a bit and then left because of 2-5 minute matches (If that).

Everyone basically has to go through NXT anymore, and Owens at his pace took 6 months to make this main roster appearance. So gonna have to agree if AJ Styles were to show up, he'll end up there for a while, and most likely wouldn't be up on the roster in time for WM 32 unless it was say in the next 2-3 months, it's one of the longest shots imaginable in the current landscape. Though, I would love it if they do build Hideo up as a "Giant Slayer", you need some of these unbelievable types as characters. It's what makes manga/anime/comics/fantasy TV so interesting and cool. The main character isn't always the biggest guy, or the most talented, but when he's put up against an unwinnable challenge, they rise up, and win in such a cool convincing, and possibly overpowered fashion.

So, I bothered to use last night to catch up on the last 5 episodes of NXT since, I haven't actually bothered to watch it weekly for the last month. I'm actually interested by a fair amount of things that happened. Just a quick rundown:

- 2 Matches, and Mojo Rawley is already less annoying than when he went away. He also looked to slim down the muscle, but he looks smaller overall...which feels weird. It seems he's taking a more comedic/entertainer type style in his two appearances with Ryder (won't lie that hammer time random thing is better than him just jumping around all over the place and having the flying stinkface finisher). Also, Ryder + Mojo's finisher is a double team Rough Ryder Spinebuster type thing, so I like it.

- We had a lot of appearances over the last few weeks of guys I don't remember seeing in months....MONTHS. Like not 2 or 3, but like 6+ months. The vaudevillians showed back up (THANK YOU FOR THIS WHOMEVER). Former frenchman turned mini Kane from having his hair "balded" off, Marcus Louis looked like he was some psycho that went feral. I want him back on NXT TV more. Even if he's taking losses, he can be like NXT's Gollum. The announcers even treated it like he was locked in some attic, and he was like Nosferatu.

- It seems with Bliss costing Enzo and Cass the tag titles, the audience actually enjoys more Carmella now. I wasn't sure at first of Bliss going heel, but this works out for both so far. I like it.

- They are actually trying to give a character to Bull the fatman Dempsy. I won't lie, I like this more than him saying he's a "throwback" to a "dying breed" of out of shape men. More funny how he interrupted Regal while eating Doritos, Regal takes the Doritos, and he has more stored in his singlet. Gross...but, maybe we gonna get some comedy from it.

- Full Sail crowds are actually calling Emma, "Evil Emma". I love these guys.

- Owens is just a damn good heel. I'm glad he's doing so well.

- Having Rhyno around I've said before, but Rhyno is a fricking cool guy to have around again. Credible, and he's fun to watch. Joe is in pretty damn good shape, and he and Owens put on a hell of a match, also hasn't had to really change his style either. They are starting to incorporate new people on the show, that way some talents might be phased to the main roster, or help fill the void as new lower card fodder.

One of the biggest things that got me thinking was like one the first or second episode, and it was actually the opening match. It was Tyler Breeze vs. Adam Rose. The match itself was pretty average by far, but what got me thinking was the fans of Full Sail were actually split on chanting for Rose. Felt like half of them (a bit more) were chanting "We Want Krueger", but the other half were chanting "No We Don't". It started getting me thinking, despite the bad booking since his main roster call up, why can't we get both? Tyler Breeze is obviously your snarky model, egotistical pretty boy, but the closest thing we compare it to in any daily/modern way today would probably be the movie Zoolander. Tyler Breeze is pretty much Zoolander, but with more of a brain than those bumbling models.

Why can't Adam Rose, be both Adam Rose and Leo Kruger, and instead of having to choose between one or the other, be both? It made me think of a classic novel, that I'm pretty sure everyone reads at least by the time they are a 10th (maybe 11th) grader (can be anytime from middle school to high school), and actually was recently made into a 2013 movie adaption. Why can't Rose pull a Jay Gatsby? Gatsby was from a poor family, quit college because he didn't want to have to work a poor man's job to support himself the entire time, and wanted to live an extravagant lifestyle, which he did from a man who became his mentor. He changed his name from what it was originally to become Jay Gatsby after learning from a wealthy man who taught him the ways of the rich, got an "inheritance" from the man, and after the world war which he was a part of came back, and lived the life he wanted to live. Holding extravagant parties, enjoying the money he makes from shady methods, and not having to worry about his "former" life.

Adam Rose just wants to party, just enjoy the life that he never would have enjoyed as a survivalist "Leo Kruger", where every day was just a fight for survival. What he caught was how he made his living, and everything was based on him being successful in a harsh environment. Enter some random bs, where he could have met some rich person, became friends with, or the rich guy and donated him some money for a huge catch (or repeated catches), he was basically set, and became Adam Rose to live the life of a party animal. But, true to his roots, he wanted to enjoy competition again. He didn't need to hunt...but he wanted to show off his skills, thus he entered the WWE the world's largest wrestling stage (being a hunter, would be logical he could wrestle his prey into submission). To fight on the grandiose stage, and show the people his party persona, but hasn't tapped into his survivalist persona at the same time. Kruger as a character for the masses is hard to sell, Adam Rose is not. However, why can't he just pull a Jay Gatsby, take the party persona of Rose in everyday things, but when he's threatened, in a state of peril, or need to pull of intimidation, channel his inner Kruger. And he can even state that in a promo. I really think that Adam Rose might be a form of Jay Gatsby, but no one on creative or Rose himself realizes, that's how they can work the character.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I've no desire to watch NXT right now which is a shame because it's the best WWE product. I'll catch up on it soon enough though. Caught up with Lucha Underground though and who would have thought that John Morrison vs Alberto Del Rio would be a thing I'd actually be excited to watch! Cannot wait for ULTIMA LUCHA!

ger9119

Raw was decent tonight, Cesaro/Cena was great and it made Owens even more of a heel as he ruined a quality match. Sheamus/Neville was fun, the main event was okay but we've seen it a bunch on Smackdown lately they're trying to make the authority unstoppable as they can this leads me to believe that the title may change hands at Battleground (I still think Seth winning somehow is the better option). The eight man tag was cool, Kalisto and Titus are stars of their teams and both deserve single runs after they finish up tag teaming, I think a Bo/New Day stable can work too. The opening segment was really cheesy but that's what it was intended to be, Rollins trying to buy loyalty makes sense but they shouldn't be so accepting of him, The Ziggler/Lana stuff is bad because it's like they want people to cheer Rusev but at the same time still cheer Lana/Dolph I don't know and I won't get into the divas match or bnb since both of those have no direction at all. The one thing i disliked is they barely promoted the show in Japan, it's supposed to be this big show and they barely mentioned it on the show. They had Balor backstage (he posted pictures in DC on Instagram) but didn't use him at all which is disappointing. I think they'll change Kofi/Brock to Kane/Brock well hopefully, I understand it's a glorified house show but let's at least try to have it matter for the main roster shows.

-Raiga-

I highly doubt they'll change a match they've been advertising for like, 2 months at this point. Not to mention I know I'd be pissed if I paid to see Kofi vs. Lesnar and got Kane instead. Even if it's a squash match it's safe to say they'll make it more entertaining than your average big guy destroys little guy schtick.

Also I'm happy Balor didn't "just show up" just for the sake of it. Personally I think Neville's/Owens/Paige are the only successful call-ups so far imo. If you just throw somebody onto the main roster for no reason like hideo/emma/ascension/dragons/etc. it doesn't work out to well. I do understand it's a different era and everything, but to me it'd be the equivalent of say during the monday night wars, chris jericho jumping to WWE and just showing up and having a match with someone rather than the whole Y2J stuff. I think you should either make their debut be impactful or not do it at all, especially for someone WWE clearly has high hopes for.

ger9119

The Shield and Wyatts were both pretty sucessfull call ups from NXT, then there's midcard guys they've called up that have been great and added depth to the roster not every guy they bring up from there needs to be in the main event. The Lucha Dragons have been pretty steadily pushed on the main roster, Acension and Emma Failed but you can't throw Hideo in that bunch, it was only a appearance on Mania and it wasn't for no reason as he won an tournement to get the spot it wasnt meant to keep him up but to have a NXT guy at Mania. Y2J's debut was good, but like after that big moment he flopped for the better part of a year before he gained any traction in WWE,that's a poor example. How would it be for the sake of it when it will help further his feud with Owens? It's not like Balor is an unknown on the show where you can do a whole who is this for promo packages, they mentioned him on Raw also.

They haven't advertised that match really, they mentioned Brock will be there but they didn't mention his opponent, and because the arena is advertising it doesn't matter since all the cards are subject to change. I don't think it willbe big guy destroys little guy since Brock Lesnar isn't really a little guy, I rather a match that adds to a storyline than a thrown together squash match as the second main event of the show. The only match actually talked about on TV is Owens/Balor other than that everything can be flipped around to make it a better show, i have zero interest in a Lesnar squash match with Kofi Kingston a match with Kane is something we haven't seen and it builds more to Battleground i'm sure no one is paying just to see that match, they're paying for the whole show no one buys tickets just to watch a squash match, they may pay to see Lesnar but they want to get their money's worth as well especially since they're in Japan where the big promotions there (NJPW,Noah) don't use Squash matches for the most part to maximize the show WWE should have the whole card have quality matches as they haven't sold out the show yet and it's less than a week to the event.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
[video=youtube;Sc7EzGNUMSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc7EzGNUMSE[/video]

If they do more videos like this, then I'll be able to enjoy the channel more (although they did incorporate what I mentioned a while ago about adding guys who aren't in feuds). Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: Kofi is to gaming as JBL is to "wrestling".

celestial phantom

Last night was really a 2 match show. Cesaro and Cena just had an amazing match, and it goes to show this is probably the year of Cena having boss TV matches across the board. I mean in the span of what, 4 months, he's improved his moveset from 5 moves of doom, to 10 moves? Added that rope stunner, does a Tornado DDT, that momentum flip thing, just last night he added a swinging facebuster. Dude must be getting lessons from someone secretly. Also, they really need to translate these matches with Cena into momentum for the other guy. People really wanted the swing and almost everyone in the rows from where the camera was, was doing the whirl motion. Let Cesaro win management, dude would be a good midcard face, also would be a good challenger for Owens if he wins the title off Cena. Even though it was a no contest match, let him start winning now, so people will care if Owens does win the belt.

As for Cena/Owens. I hope they go to a draw at Battleground, and save the real rubber match for SummerSlam. They can even add a stipulation of like No Countouts, so the only way to win is by making the opponent pin or submit. I'd rather not go through the list of stupid gimmick stips that we know Cena won't lose at.

Neville/Sheamus was good too, though it was a bit hard to get into it. I don't like it when they have these points as both guys really should be racking up wins, and not be taking on each other without a win streak going on. They put on a good match at least. Everything else was really hard to get into for me. Even the main event, which wasn't what I was hoping for as I wanted a No DQ Tornado Tag match. It randomly went to a traditional tag style match (ofc minus being able to be DQ'd), then refs removed Wyatt for what reason? It was no DQ, thus he could have stayed out there as long as he wanted. It felt like a time shorted main event, that need more time to develop, as well as more spots that hit on the no DQ stipulation (like why couldn't that Table Powerbomb spot of been used in the match?).

As far as call-up success, from the time FCW became NXT, I'd go that the Shield (despite Roman/Dean not appearing in NXT when it became NXT as far as I know), Paige, Kevin Owens, and Rusev have been successful so far. The Wyatts while cool and all, they really didn't do a hell of a lot of note when together, and their really didn't have a feud to sink your teeth into outside having those two matches with the Shield. These guys should of had a longer damn feud imo, but otherwise they really lost momentum and creative never gave them a winning bone. I feel it's too early to call on Neville and Lucha Dragons, but they have an easy spot where they can put on good matches, be easy to cheer for, and not have to speak a lot right now. Hideo and Sami have made like an appearance so not even call ups, at all, so we can't say it'd be successful or failure for them. I feel Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, Emma, Ascension are the obvious failures so far. Big E and Xavier were in limbo and failure territory, but the New Day going heel has started to redeem that, so it's gonna be a tough call until the whole thing with the New Day is all said and over with.

Also, on Balor, they have to save his debut for something big. Dude has a fricking cool entrance, and they can't waste that with any old call up. I hope that when he shows up, it'll be something big that capitalizes on the "Demon" entrance. Like save someone in the main event from a beat down/randomly showing up to challenge the world champ or something to match big. Imagine Seth goes on to keep the title from Brock, he's running out of people to face, he can get the demon next. Something like that, though I full feel that if Seth keeps the title, they're gonna hot shot it to Cena sometime in the post-summerslam time.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
The end of RAW had me laughing so hard. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose have steamrolled Seth Rollins, Kane, and J&J Security so many times in the past, but because the Authority got lucky one night against Brock Lesnar, suddenly they are untouchable. The same Kane that Reigns has beaten so many times...or is that Big Show? I was laughing. Oh no, they laid out Brock Lesnar, so now they have to lay out everyone until Brock Lesnar gets his revenge, then they'll go right back to sucking. But I am enjoying the Bray Wyatt vs Roman Reigns feud. I'm also enjoying Ryback and the Owns vs Cena feud.

Dolph Zigglers thing with Lana was weird and got even weirder with Rusev and Summer Rae. I didn't even know Summer Rae was still in WWE. Last time I saw her she and Layla were Dolph Ziggler's dancers to spite Fandango. I guess we are suppose to forget about that. I have no idea what's going on in the divas division. Oh Monday Night RAW.

ger9119

I'd say Big E is a sucess, he's been featured decently since his debut won the IC Title and Tag titles and Xavier Woods is a sucess as he looked to be a jobber from the start but has since elevated himself through his mic skills. I don't think Bo is a failure, he's just filling the role he was meant to be in as a the midcard heel guy to make the good guys look good he wasn't really heavily pushed to be the man in NXT and the fans rejected him and once NXT got hot he had already lost the title and was booked as a joke on there so he's doing pretty well. Adam Rose, Emma and The Acension are failures because they did it to themselves (Emma), Crappy Gimmick (Rose) and were just really overrated (Acension)

tumblr_nqrrabT36Y1rqb7j5o1_500.gif

The Hippo that gravity forgot doing his signature Red Arrow

Last edited:

-Raiga-

I feel like you guys took my post out of context. I didn't say a bad introduction ruins a character forever, nor did I say Hideo was ruined forever. And to be more specific, I'm considering call ups since NXT became it's latest incarnation, the one that will be the model for introducing people to main roster for the inevitable future.

I'm saying that the impact a wrestler has during their debut is GENERALLY a good indicator of where they'll end up. If we're using pre-network nxt call-ups, the shield was thrown into the main event scene from the get-go and look where they ended up. Big E debuted as mid-card muscle for ziggler, and that's where he's comfortably stayed ever since. Paige made quite an impact obviously, etc.

So I just hope they give a guy like Balor the 'neville" treatment(I mean in his call up, not losing his first name :p) as bare minimum for his introduction. Yes he's getting youtube videos but so did Owens and it was blatantly obvious the majority of the audience didn't know(or care as the case may be) who he was. It took a good 2-3 weeks for the crowd to truly acclimate to him.

Edit: As for the Beast in the East thing, ger, if you can honestly say you want to watch Kane vs. Lesnar more than Kofi vs. Lesnar I think all hope is lost already. I can't promise anything, but I simply can't see Lesnar just doing a straight squash match. He's put over everyone's he's fought since coming back(in one way or the other) and I can't see him showing up to a house show to not have some entertaining conflict with new day and stuff mixed in. But I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

ger9119

I feel like you guys took my post out of context. I didn't say a bad introduction ruins a character forever, nor did I say Hideo was ruined forever. And to be more specific, I'm considering call ups since NXT became it's latest incarnation, the one that will be the model for introducing people to main roster for the inevitable future.

I'm saying that the impact a wrestler has during their debut is GENERALLY a good indicator of where they'll end up. If we're using pre-network nxt call-ups, the shield was thrown into the main event scene from the get-go and look where they ended up. Big E debuted as mid-card muscle for ziggler, and that's where he's comfortably stayed ever since. Paige made quite an impact obviously, etc.

So I just hope they give a guy like Balor the 'neville" treatment(I mean in his call up, not losing his first name :p) as bare minimum for his introduction. Yes he's getting youtube videos but so did Owens and it was blatantly obvious the majority of the audience didn't know(or care as the case may be) who he was. It took a good 2-3 weeks for the crowd to truly acclimate to him.

Edit: As for the Beast in the East thing, ger, if you can honestly say you want to watch Kane vs. Lesnar more than Kofi vs. Lesnar I think all hope is lost already. I can't promise anything, but I simply can't see Lesnar just doing a straight squash match. He's put over everyone's he's fought since coming back(in one way or the other) and I can't see him showing up to a house show to not have some entertaining conflict with new day and stuff mixed in. But I guess we'll see.

Don't get me wrong i would love to see Kofi vs Lesnar in a competitive match but let's be real here that's not happening, Kofi has spent the past few weeks losing to Lucha Dragons and PTP so by what logic would he be able to last any amount of time against Lesnar? It's more than just a house show at this point they don't put house shows on the network and they don't promote house shows on their TV programs. , and while Kane is old and a bit washed up it's still a better matchup than a squash with Kofi would be and would make a lot more sense to the Authority vs Lesnar feud more so than Kofi vs Lesnar would and it's not like Kane's a bad worker by any means either.

Laser Shuckle

and while Kane is old and a bit washed up it's still a better matchup than a squash with Kofi would be and would make a lot more sense to the Authority vs Lesnar feud more so than Kofi vs Lesnar would and it's not like Kane's a bad worker by any means either.

You've got to be kidding me... And Kane is a more credible opponent? The Big Red Jobber who's won like 5 singles matches in the last two years? Let's not try and pretend like anyone involved is a legitimate threat towards Lesnar. So with that in mind they might aswell go with the more entertaining route which would be Kofi vs Lesnar in this case. And if you seriously think Kane is better because of this lazy storyline where the weakest champion ever and his 3 jobber lackeys are able to subdue the most credible and strongest guy they have then I think you need to wake up here...

ger9119

You've got to be kidding me... And Kane is a more credible opponent? The Big Red Jobber who's won like 5 singles matches in the last two years? Let's not try and pretend like anyone involved is a legitimate threat towards Lesnar. So with that in mind they might aswell go with the more entertaining route which would be Kofi vs Lesnar in this case. And if you seriously think Kane is better because of this lazy storyline where the weakest champion ever and his 3 jobber lackeys are able to subdue the most credible and strongest guy they have then I think you need to wake up here...

Kane has won more recently then Kofi has recently , I think you need to wake up if you think Kofi having any moves in against Lesnar is somewhat credible also it's not going to be entertaining at all when it's suplex + suplex + F5 goodnight Kofi. I rather it go with the lazy storyline then just to have Lesnar face some random person picked out of a hat on a live special that's being shown on the network as the second main event. But this is coming from the people who said Kofi should've won MITB lmao. How is Rollins the weakest champion ever? When Miz needed help to beat Jerry Lawler, or Del Rio's first runs with the WWE title or Sheamus's first run with the title or when Jericho won the wwe title against rock and austin, i can name more if you want me to. You need to wake up if you think Kofi is somehow credible to do anything against Lesnar when he loses to Sin Cara on the regular, when Kane at least has years of built up credibility and has been "winning" matches recently more so than Kofi has. It's like everyone expects Kofi vs Brock to go 10 minutes or something lmao, whoever he faces would be squashed and i rather it be Kane for storyline reasons. I mean 4 guys attacking one guy and attacking his knee with a steel chair should subdue someone even a brock lesnar can go down from multiple attacks on his knee and 3 chokeslams multiple strikes a flying knee to the head and then a pedigree, did you really expect him to no sell and pick up all four at once and F5 them lol you're funny. They couldve had Lesnar destroy them and you would've complained that they are making Rollins look weak and that Lesnar keep dominating everyone, cause no matter what WWE books you complain.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Personally I would rather have seen Big E vs Brock Lesnar. But Kofi is cool too. I don't know how long the match will be though. But it's good to see Brock Lesnar working a match. Honestly if Kofi comes out of the match okay for the next show in RAW, then that's a victory in itself. Fighting Brock Lesnar and living to tell the tale. But a Big E. vs Brock Lesnar match would have been cool to see. Maybe we will see it one day. At least the potential Sheamus vs Brock Lesnar match is now on the table. It's a match I always wanted to see.

Laser Shuckle

"Let's not try and pretend like anyone involved is a legitimate threat towards Lesnar" - I'm guessing you missed that part of my post. If you'd rather watch Kane work a slow plodding match than by all means; but arguing that he's slightly less of a jobber than Kofi is beyond ridiculous when neither one has much in the way of credibility. The difference is Kofi vs Brock has the potential to be far more entertaining than Kane vs Brock.

And no, I wouldn't be complaining about Lesnar destoying them because he's consistently been booked to be unstoppable and legitimate in that regard where as Rollins and friends have very little to no credibility. Hell half of them don't even really wrestle much and Noble didn't even join in on the beatdown, But whatever...

-Raiga-

AGAIN, nowhere in my post did I ever say I was expecting a competitive match. But there are certainly ways of making a squash match entertaining or last 10+ minutes. Lesnar's suplex match against Cena is a testament to that. In this case it will more than likely consist of how many ways Kofi can run and evade lesnar until Lesnar catches him, and than New day high jinks will fill the rest of the time until they all get laid out.

Edit: Seen that Becky Lynch is injured. While I don't have the network and ergo don't watch NXT, I've always been a fan and she's my favorite women's wrestler right now(also she's really really really hot so that doesn't hurt too...). Hopefully when she returns charlotte and Banks have moved up to the main roster and she can have a good 2-3 month reign as the top dog.

Last edited:

ger9119

Anyone catch ROH last night? Quality four star matches two weeks in a row Nakamura/Strong last and this weeks AJ Styles vs. Adam Cole match was special. Ring of Honor killing NXT right now.

The big rumor coming out of Japan is that Nakamura and Okada had a WWE tryout or will be having one, if it's true this is big for WWE as they get two huge draws and main event guys. For NJPW it would suck since Nakamura is one of their biggest draws ever and Okada was on his way to becoming one of the biggest draws in Japan. Will be interesting to see if these rumors or true, Nakamura is more likely than Okada i've always thought as he's done it all in Japan and is a better english speaker. Okada is more of a project stateside and can be on NXT to polish his english, while Nakamura should be put into feuds from the start and at the top of the card but if he did sign NXT would be cool just because of the matches he would have, in ring wise no one in WWE touches these two. Signing one of these two or both pretty much seals the deal that WWE is the top company in the world, New Japan will be second to them and will have to build some new stars fast since Tanahashi is aging.

Last edited: