• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

I think Sandow is just overrated, the only reason why the stunt double thing worked was because of how over as a heel Miz is. In ring wise he's average at best, and while he can cut a nice promo that's about all he really excels at, I can't think of one Sandow match ever that was memorable and good except for the Cena one and I think that's more Cena than Sandow.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
For me, the problem with Sandow is the same problem plaguing the divas: whenever they have something that works brilliantly (in the divas case, Paige being the "anti-diva" and emma being the Zak Ryder of social media) they screw it up horribly. Sandow had a chance to be great, but rather than turning him into WWE's improv king (where he impersonated superstars he was facing/tried using their moves against them) he was stuck into a stupid team with Axel and has since fallen into obscurity. Him appearing on these youtube videos isn't helping him either, as unlike Cesaro who seems to be a cool person Sandow just seems like a try-hard who talks too much.

-Raiga-

Oh I don't disagree, I've though Sandow was overrated the second he walked in the door. Everybody fawned over the savior of the masses gimmicks, but to me he just never seemed like the guy who should play that gimmick, it didn't fit him.

I think the stunt-double gimmick was gold though, WWE really should have ran with it and made it like the 3-4th biggest event on the WM card, imo. Which sounds ridiculous now, but if they continued on a path of making the feud more serious with every week they could have done it.

Also on a side-note, I'd like to point out how great Miz is in the ring too. While I think he would flounder in say Roh or other federations, he has the WWE style DOWN to a science, and frankly that's all he needs to. I mean, he doesn't have any 5 star matches on his resume, but I think if they gave him an opportunity to do so with a really solid opponent who could help him out, like say rollins or neville, he would surprise a lot of people.(I also love that he does the big boot, despite being a relatively smaller guy)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I enjoyed Sandow's stunt double gimmick while it lasted. But I knew when it ended Sandow would be in trouble. He's not even on TV anymore. At least not RAW. A character I was worried would share his fate was Lana. Lana got cheered with Rusev, like how Sandow got cheered with Miz. Then they split her from Rusev and she's just kinda there. I hope she doesn't get Sandowed.

Mye

Someone has to win..
For Lana, it all depends on how she can do in the ring. Female managers have (despite common misconception) done pretty well when given time to shine in the ring. Vickie Guerrerro is a huge example, as she not only developed a signature move that made a ton of sense (in homage to eddie's frogsplash) but when she was in the ring she furthered quite a lot of feuds to the point in which they actually became memorable. As long as they focus on her mic skills and don't give her any nonsense like title shots, she should do decently well especially if she incorporates both Ziggles and Rusev's movesets (like a zig-zag into the camel clutch).

ger9119

For Lana, it all depends on how she can do in the ring. Female managers have (despite common misconception) done pretty well when given time to shine in the ring. Vickie Guerrerro is a huge example, as she not only developed a signature move that made a ton of sense (in homage to eddie's frogsplash) but when she was in the ring she furthered quite a lot of feuds to the point in which they actually became memorable. As long as they focus on her mic skills and don't give her any nonsense like title shots, she should do decently well especially if she incorporates both Ziggles and Rusev's movesets (like a zig-zag into the camel clutch).

Lana would need to be trained as a wrestler first off, Vickie didn't do anything in ring (wrestling) for most of her WWE run except for a few times towards the end of it she was mainly a heat magnet as a on screen character. If she's going to be in the ring it should be going for title shots if not there's no point in having her wrestle, I think she should stay as someone's manager, and when they had Vickie wrestle it wasn't impressive at all and did more harm than good. They should put her back with Rusev somehow, since those two were/are great together, this whole thing with Ziggler has been boring and while it made Rusev look great it's made Ziggler/Lana look horrible since their whole thing makes no sense really, they're supposed to be playing the face in the feud but i'm feeling more on Rusev's side of things and that's not how it's supposed to be done. She doesn't need to do Rusev's moves and Ziggler's, the only reason why Vickie was using frog splash like once or twice was homage to Eddie you can't compare that whole thing to the kayfabe thing with Ziggler or the non kayfabe thing with Rusev. Lana is best served without wrestling, a catfight here and there is okay having her working a match in the ring just brings down all the divas on the roster now and the girls in NXT who are trying to improve the woman's wrestling perception to the general audience.

-Raiga-

Lana is already ruined imo. WWE just does NOT, seem to understand the very simple concept of when you turn a heel who the crowd is cheering for, YOU DON'T CHANGE THEIR CHARACTER! Randy is proof of this, he continued to be mega over as the guy who'd RKO anybody face or heel after his face turn(after his major heel stint with the punt kick and whatnot), but then as they slowly made him pander more and more to crowds and making him only target heels, and the crowd found him bland because of it. The Miz is another example. Consistently cheered while a heel for his self-centered mannerisms, but was absolutely unlikable as a clean cut babyface.

Now while that's harder to do with Lana, since that would mean she would have to be an American hating Russian, I actually find that appealing if written well enough. Something like the Team Hell no therapy comes to mind, where they are booked as heels and act like it but are cheered despite it simply due to the humor. Hell they could have done something where Lana stayed with Rusev and every week they tried to pass an American citizenship test and high jinks ensued.

ger9119

Have any of you been watching Tough Enough? If so who are your favorites so far?

celestial phantom

Now while that's harder to do with Lana, since that would mean she would have to be an American hating Russian, I actually find that appealing if written well enough. Something like the Team Hell no therapy comes to mind, where they are booked as heels and act like it but are cheered despite it simply due to the humor. Hell they could have done something where Lana stayed with Rusev and every week they tried to pass an American citizenship test and high jinks ensued.

Procter/Tester: "In preparation for your citizenship test, can either of you tell me what the second amendment is?"

Rusev: "Uh....*Yells stuff in Russian, and goes off on a rant*"

P/T: "Ok...Lana how about you?"

Lana: "The right to own bear arms for your safety.

Rusev: *Stops rant* "Lana, we get bear arms for being a citizen? They will give us bear arms to protect ourselves? LANA, GO FETCH ME MY BEAR ARMS!!!!!"

Won't lie, this was the immediately first thing that popped into my head imagining a skit with Rusev/Lana being forced to take a like pre-test/studying for one with a tutor. Only other idea I could think of directly is the fact that like a good 20% of the US citizenship test answers are like The President, and replacing them with Russian historical figures/Vladamir Putin.

Mye

Someone has to win..
http://www.wwe.com/inside/the-bellas-nominated-for-2015-teen-choice-award-27639356

Thought I'd point this out, because of how much I enjoy it. The Bellas (yes, two different people) were nominated yet again for a solo award. I get that it's the teen choice awards so noone with intellect will be watching and I get that the bellas are "popular", but really? After seeing this, I'm thinking two things: the Bellas are getting away with a lot and I'm really slacking when it comes to being in co-contention for awards (should really think about becoming a co-olympic athlete and co-winning some gold co-medals).

Also, figured I'd share this. Really glad they added Rusev to the mix (he may be a heel in the WWE universe, but he still seems pretty mellow). Also kinda wish they'd remove Sandow, as that guy is making much of this stuff unwatchable.

[video=youtube;-nMgjHxDIXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nMgjHxDIXw[/video]

ger9119

Rusev is pretty cool in those videos, Sandow really makes them hard to watch though the rest of the guys on it are good.

Raw was pretty good , the stuff with Lesnar/Rollins was good, the NXT divas thing was great and hopefully we get to see them actually get the time they deserve. The Triple Threat match was outstanding, Owens leaving was great since he is the same way on NXT and Cesaro was awesome like always, Rusev however was the one who really showed a lot it's probably his best match he's had in WWE so far and he showed a lot with how he sold the moves against Cena, the only thing heel about him is the whole anti-american thing he's one of the few heels they have who isn't cowardly and doesn't try to "cheat" to win (Owens, Wyatt) are the other two. Neville vs Stardust should be a solid feud too, their first match wasn't very good so let's hope they build chemistry up, i can see Nevillle/Arrow vs. Stardust/Miz happening at Summerslam.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I almost fell asleep during RAW. There's no point in trying to make Seth Rollins cut this bad*** promo when he's been a coward this entire time facing Brock Lesnar. Now I'm suppose to believe he can beat Lesnar? What was the point of Kane and J&J helping Rollins take out Lesnar before if Rollins is going to fight him alone in the end anyway? You might as well have kept Kane and J&J out of this completely. I don't expect a clean finish if Rollins wins. Maybe Sheamus will run in. But you know if Brock Lesnar gets the belt back, I'll mock it if he doesn't appear like last time, but frankly John Cena's does a better job with the US belt then both Lesnar and Rollins with the World title, so who needs it? Never thought I'd praise John Cena holding a belt.

Finally some new Divas in the division. Now that the Bellas have passed AJ Lee's record. Whatever. But finally new Divas. Hopefully they take the belt of Nikki soon. You erased AJ Lee WWE, so get the belt off the Bella.

ger9119

I almost fell asleep during RAW. There's no point in trying to make Seth Rollins cut this bad*** promo when he's been a coward this entire time facing Brock Lesnar. Now I'm suppose to believe he can beat Lesnar? What was the point of Kane and J&J helping Rollins take out Lesnar before if Rollins is going to fight him alone in the end anyway? You might as well have kept Kane and J&J out of this completely. I don't expect a clean finish if Rollins wins. Maybe Sheamus will run in. But you know if Brock Lesnar gets the belt back, I'll mock it if he doesn't appear like last time, but frankly John Cena's does a better job with the US belt then both Lesnar and Rollins with the World title, so who needs it? Never thought I'd praise John Cena holding a belt.

Finally some new Divas in the division. Now that the Bellas have passed AJ Lee's record. Whatever. But finally new Divas. Hopefully they take the belt of Nikki soon. You erased AJ Lee WWE, so get the belt off the Bella.

Well he still is a coward cause he cut the promo when Brock was gone, he's the cowardly champion thats what hes supposed to do. The point was to take the guys out to make Rollins be forced to fight Lesnar alone, if they didn't help Rollins it wouldn't make sense because why wouldn't they help him against Lesnar? This storyline has been handled perfectly there's no way Rollins wins clean he shouldn't be getting the beat Lesnar clean rub cause he doesn't need it as a heel. If Lesnar is champion he'll only appear once in awhile like before thats how his contract is set up, his reign was still pretty good and provided some nice moments/matches, the US Title is now important but it can all be for a waste if they book it wrong for whoever beats Cena (most likely Owens). I think Seth somehow survives but gets turned on in the end, or whoever Lesnar is fighting at Summerslam costs him the match.

They haven't erased her name, are we going to do this anytime someone we likes title reign gets passed? They mentioned AJ multiple times, and let her go over at Mania and the Raw afterwards knowing she was retiring. Nikki is just as good as AJ was when she held the title, it's not her fault they booked her against the same person for eight months or whatever it's been. This run with the belt is actually better than AJs honestly, cause other than the pipebomb she did and the match at mania when she beat everybody the belt and her were an afterthought on raw sadly. In ring wise they are pretty equal and Nikki is pretty good cutting promos so the only reason to complain is that it's John Cena's girlfriend beating CM Punk's wifes reign.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well he still is a coward cause he cut the promo when Brock was gone, he's the cowardly champion thats what hes supposed to do. The point was to take the guys out to make Rollins be forced to fight Lesnar alone, if they didn't help Rollins it wouldn't make sense because why wouldn't they help him against Lesnar? This storyline has been handled perfectly there's no way Rollins wins clean he shouldn't be getting the beat Lesnar clean rub cause he doesn't need it as a heel. If Lesnar is champion he'll only appear once in awhile like before thats how his contract is set up, his reign was still pretty good and provided some nice moments/matches, the US Title is now important but it can all be for a waste if they book it wrong for whoever beats Cena (most likely Owens). I think Seth somehow survives but gets turned on in the end, or whoever Lesnar is fighting at Summerslam costs him the match.

They haven't erased her name, are we going to do this anytime someone we likes title reign gets passed? They mentioned AJ multiple times, and let her go over at Mania and the Raw afterwards knowing she was retiring. Nikki is just as good as AJ was when she held the title, it's not her fault they booked her against the same person for eight months or whatever it's been. This run with the belt is actually better than AJs honestly, cause other than the pipebomb she did and the match at mania when she beat everybody the belt and her were an afterthought on raw sadly. In ring wise they are pretty equal and Nikki is pretty good cutting promos so the only reason to complain is that it's John Cena's girlfriend beating CM Punk's wifes reign.

This storyline has not been handled perfectly. In no way did I believe that Rollins could take out Lesnar just because he had Kane and J&J with him. So to build it like that is crazy to begin with. Rollins should have been booked better if they were going to have him face Lesnar. I know he's a coward heel but even coward heels need some moments where they are legit. This feud isn't believable. I don't want Rollins to retain but I certainly don't want the belt back on Lesnar and disappear again until next year. John Cena's US title run has been handled way better then Rollins run as champion and even Brock Lesnars. I almost want Cena to get the belt back. Yeah, it's that bad. At least the belt will be in good hands of someone who will actually show up.

I didn't mean AJ Lee's name was erased. I meant her long title run. They gave Nikki this long run was to get the record off AJ Lee. Now that she passed it, she'll probably have a chance at losing it.

Laser Shuckle

...She hasn't passed AJ's record yet. And who cares anyway? The divas division and that belt are a joke.

As for Seth, I find it hard to care about the guy anymore to be honest. Why exactly is Seth even facing Lesnar to begin with? The whole authority storyline has generated nothing but apathy for the past 6+ months. For me if it weren't for Lesnar and Heyman this angle would be dead in the water.

You want John Cena to have the belt again? Boy would that be exciting...

celestial phantom

I won't lie, but I enjoyed Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha putting team bella in submssions in the middle of the ring. I don't like how it happened, because Steph coming out there for once and trying to be all GM like, was dumb, since it seems she and trips only now due stuff when someone tries to cross them or something. I'd have rather some other way of introducing them slowly, but hey they are here, so let's see what happens. Also, Plat, Nikki won't surpass AJ's record for like another 2 months minimum, so if they intend to have her beat it, she's keeping that title til almost all the way through September. I hope what we get out of this is them doing a rotation of at least 1 on 1's and trading victories now. I don't mind Naomi and Tamina being the sacrificial ones, as long as Becky doesn't eat a lot of losses for her little group, since she's my favorite of the three.

Other than that, the triple threat was good, and well the booking of the match that followed was interesting, since there was actually some good psychology to it. US division is certainly getting to be interesting to say the least.

Also, I liked that comic book style graphic for Stardust vs. Neville. Looked cool, the match itself was more eh, but if it's a way to help set up Stardust with something including Stephen Amell, then I'm game. I wouldn't mind a cross promotion with a show I like, a celeb that actually likes and follows wrestling, and it could be interesting.

Most of raw was fairly good, but I do ask....why the heck are they trying to use Ax handles to beat Lesnar? I mean why not use Kendo Sticks or baseball bats....why Ax handles?

ger9119

The think is you're not supposed to think Rollins has a chance against Lesnar, if he needed help to beat other guys he would need it for Brock and with Brock taking them all out it proves that Rollins even with help can't beat him so how can he possibly beat him now? This is where they can introduce a bodyguard for him to help him maybe someone like Baron Corbin, or have someone attack Lesnar to cause a DQ or have Heyman turn on him (unlikely), Rollins may get absolutely destroyed and leads to a face turn built off the Authority thinking he's not good enough, or they can have a classic match with either one winning but being beaten up leading to a cash in. There's a few ways they can go with this match. I think they did axe handles cause they are supposed to hurt more idk though i think bats would've made more sense.

I think the main reason why that title feud is stale and bland is because the authority aspect, no one wants to see that angle run any longer they should've ended it at Survivor Series or at Mania. It's just lazy booking and an easy way for creative to get the crowd to not like someone.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I won't lie, but I enjoyed Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha putting team bella in submssions in the middle of the ring. I don't like how it happened, because Steph coming out there for once and trying to be all GM like, was dumb, since it seems she and trips only now due stuff when someone tries to cross them or something. I'd have rather some other way of introducing them slowly, but hey they are here, so let's see what happens. Also, Plat, Nikki won't surpass AJ's record for like another 2 months minimum, so if they intend to have her beat it, she's keeping that title til almost all the way through September. I hope what we get out of this is them doing a rotation of at least 1 on 1's and trading victories now. I don't mind Naomi and Tamina being the sacrificial ones, as long as Becky doesn't eat a lot of losses for her little group, since she's my favorite of the three.

Other than that, the triple threat was good, and well the booking of the match that followed was interesting, since there was actually some good psychology to it. US division is certainly getting to be interesting to say the least.

Also, I liked that comic book style graphic for Stardust vs. Neville. Looked cool, the match itself was more eh, but if it's a way to help set up Stardust with something including Stephen Amell, then I'm game. I wouldn't mind a cross promotion with a show I like, a celeb that actually likes and follows wrestling, and it could be interesting.

Most of raw was fairly good, but I do ask....why the heck are they trying to use Ax handles to beat Lesnar? I mean why not use Kendo Sticks or baseball bats....why Ax handles?

I thought I heard Nikki say she passed it or something on RAW. I must have misheard her then. The comic book style thing for Stardust vs Neville was cool. I know many don't like the Stardust gimmick and want Cody Rhodes back, but I thought that comic vs intro was kinda cool. Though I do hope Stardust becomes Cody Rhodes again at some point. But until then just do that comic book vs screen.

ger9119

Big rumor that Taker and Sting both going to have matches at Summerslam, and that both could be on Monday's Raw. What matches would you want them in other than the obvious Taker/Sting match.

celestial phantom

Big rumor that Taker and Sting both going to have matches at Summerslam, and that both could be on Monday's Raw. What matches would you want them in other than the obvious Taker/Sting match.

Wait....we're possibly getting TWO Taker matches in one calendar year on PPV? That hasn't happened for a little while. Brothers of Destruction vs Seth and HHH vs Sting and John Cena vs Brock Lesnar and the WWE Title/Paul Heyman in a fatal four way Tag Team Match? If Taker/Sting ever happens, that should be entirely saved for WM. If they really want to do that, it's Mania, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Better reality, Sting and Taker against Seth and HHH in a tag team match. If Lesnar wins, the authority can have "lost" a lot of power b/c of Lesnar, and Seth basically threw Kane out and on his own b/c of the failed ambush on Lesnar, and berated the hell out of him. Trips can be pissed at Rollins for losing the title and forces him to partner up to show that they are still dominant, Taker can show up being pissed at Rollins for Kane, Sting can show up laughing at how pathetic the authority has gotten. Sting can get his redemption for losing to Trips this past Mania, Rollins eh another loss wouldn't hurt him any worse than he looks now, and it can set up the seeds for a Taker/Sting WM match come Mania season. Also, hopefully just dissolve the Authority after this, and do something new altogether please.

Really a Summerslam card that finds it way to be:
Lesnar vs Orton/Sheamus
Trips/Rollins vs Taker/Sting
Cena vs Owens (final match of the series)
Roman vs Bray (I expect another match here), OR Roman + Dean vs Bray + Harper in some gimmick style match (TABLES WE WANT TABLES!)

Would not be so bad overall as the three top matches. One stronger undercard match, and fill in the rest with people who should be on the show. Find a way to put Cesaro and Rusev in matches. I really want Neville + Stephen Amell vs Stardust in some capacity to happen. They can sort something with the Divas. Maybe Sasha vs Paige vs Nikki with the other two of each group in their corners? Logically WWE can put off Seth having his "rematch" clause for a month, since Lesnar would logically keep the title, and he can try for it again after Summerslam on his own.

Last edited: