• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

Can also do Taker vs Rollins for the belt if they want to keep the belt away from Lesnar for a bit, I'm very excited for Summerslam hopefully the card is amazing since i'll be there live

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Big rumor that Taker and Sting both going to have matches at Summerslam, and that both could be on Monday's Raw. What matches would you want them in other than the obvious Taker/Sting match.

Call me a old grouchy, but there's not many Undertaker matches I want to see right now. I mean who is left? Bray Wyatt would have been the only one I'd have been interested in and they already wrestled and the build up was surprisingly bad, at least for me.

ger9119

11737004_731711523607685_1243671605_n.jpg

Cross off another legend who never wrestled in WWE, it's been announced Jushin Thunder Liger is facing Tyler Breeze at NXT Takeover in Brooklyn. Just got my tickets for the show, I'm so happy to be seeing Liger live. Both confirmed from WWE and New Japan's twitter accounts and websites. From what i translated from NJPW's website it looks like it's a special one time thing, and that WWE has been trying to make this happen multiple times and NJPW finally agreed to it as well Liger wanted to wrestle one match for WWE. This is major news, as this opens up a partnership that has been broken since the early 90s and can lead to other New Japan guys making special appearances at shows and maybe some WWE talent going there for a show, I think Jericho should go for a show to make it fair bringing a legend whose barely in Japan work a match.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

If its a two way road then I'm all for it. But between rumors of WWE trying to get nakamura/okada and this happening, honestly I don't really like it. WWE is already far ahead as the big fish in the pond and they don't need any help staying there, what they need is competition. Personally I've liked the fact that New Japan has stayed as far away from WWE in every regard as possible so far, and in my mind that kind of thinking has allowed them to stay WWE's main competition overseas at the very least.

I mean, I'm sure I'm over playing the implications of this, after all it's not like Jushin is a New Japan creation or anything like that. I just don't like what COULD happen if stuff like this starts to steamroll(I.e key talents leaving for WWE)

ger9119

If its a two way road then I'm all for it. But between rumors of WWE trying to get nakamura/okada and this happening, honestly I don't really like it. WWE is already far ahead as the big fish in the pond and they don't need any help staying there, what they need is competition. Personally I've liked the fact that New Japan has stayed as far away from WWE in every regard as possible so far, and in my mind that kind of thinking has allowed them to stay WWE's main competition overseas at the very least.

I mean, I'm sure I'm over playing the implications of this, after all it's not like Jushin is a New Japan creation or anything like that. I just don't like what COULD happen if stuff like this starts to steamroll(I.e key talents leaving for WWE)

Jushin Liger is actually a New Japan creation, the character was made by them based off an anime as the way to get kids watching the product, he's 100% a New Japan creation and it's been his home promotion for 25 or so years . I think this is more of a thing for Liger's career, and New Japan would be silly to not let one of the all time best talent's they created be showcased on the WWE Network, people will want to see what Liger does now and will find current New Japan stuff. The rumor of Okada/Nakamura that I posted about and what you're referring to was totally false, since Okada won the heavyweight title the night after that and stuff. New Japan knows they won't dominate here in America so having the NJPW guys shown on ROH TV and WWE Network while they are getting paid for it is a smart move for New Japan, they are number one in Japan and that's going to be the prime focus of what they do. WWE wouldn't be #1 in Japan ever, I think cross promoting helps both sides, and when they go back to Japan next summer they should do a cross promotional event for the network and New Japan version of the network.

I think this will lead to Liger being inducted into WWE Hall Of Fame within the next few years, he's been great every where he's been and is the greatest light heavyweight of all time and is one of the reasons why the little guys are used in wrestling in general. I think this is mainly for reasons I stated above, and to make the first show in NYC for NXT even more memorable and special along with help ticket sales even further they needed another big name and they got one as Liger in WWE is a once in a lifetime kind of thing that won't happen again. I think a partnership with NJPW sending young talents to NXT/Performance Center to build "superstars" while WWE can send some young guys to train in the dojo to build "wrestling" skills can also be a solid thing they can do.

Overall we'll see if this will be a one time deal between the companies or a start to them being more friendly with eachother, I would like to state that DB mentioned working a interpromotional match with Nakamura around Mania 31 season so maybe that was the spark that turns into them doing a talent exchange. I mean they had Hogan and Andre work shows with New Japan and had some Japanese wrestlers work here, I'd love to see it again as they are both two great promotions with the two most storied histories. I don't think we'll see the aces of the companies showing up and doing shows but I think having young guys trade places from time to time will be good, sending someone like a Corbin to train in Japan will be great for careers and having Japanese wrestlers learn how to present a character will be great as only a few guys really excel in that aspect in New Japan.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So does anyone have any prediction on this Sunday on who wins what? Will we see Kevin Owns win the US title from John Cena? Will Ryback retain the IC belt? Will Seth Rollins retain or will Brock Lesnar get the belt and hold it till 2016? Or maybe Sheamus comes in. Either way the title match looks like a lose/lose situation. And what of Reigns vs Wyatt and the Divas division? Ole Platinum fan is not looking forward to this PPV. I'm not even sure who to root for in all these matches. The evil part of me actually wants Brock Lesnar to get the belt and do a repeat of last year, just to show the state of the WWE today. I think the thing I'm most interested in is the Divas feud with all the new NXT girls.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Kevin Owens tapped out to the STF.

LOL. Cena wins.

Blah.

Brock Lesnar ragdolls Seth Rollins like a small, helpless child for several minutes until DONG! Undertaker interrupts to beat the hell out of Brock.

Seriously, this show sucked. The last two results were awful.

Last edited:

rocky505

The show didn't suck >_> You're just ticked off that Owens didn't beat Cena like everyone else hating on the PPV.

Laser Shuckle

Wow, Owens taps to that horrid looking STF? It's like they wanted him to lose in the worst way possible. It's still too early to call this one but you have to wonder what was the point of giving him a clean win over Cena if Kevin's just going to end up as another white chalk line on Cena's list of victims.

Oh, and Undertaker's back. I don't see the reasoning here but whatever...

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
The only good part of the whole night was the Womens' match. The rest of this is a top contender for Worst Event Show Of The Year.

I don't know why I EVER expect WWE to focus on newer, fresher talent. Like... I keep thinking they are rounding the bend, and then we get shows like this and Money In The Bank.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wait, wait, wait! Are we really going to have Eldertaker vs Brock Lesnar at Summerslam? On one hand it's nice to see Taker work something other then Wrestlemania. On the other hand, I don't think he should be facing Brock Lesnar. Lesnar broke the streak. No matter what it stays broken. Unless their match has a stipulation where if Taker wins Wrestlemania 30's results are erased. Well either way Brock Lesnar should win regardless. As far as Kevin Owns tapping out to John Cena...and I wonder why we can't have new main event guys in WWE. I was really looking forward to a Kevin Owns win.

ger9119

Wow, Owens taps to that horrid looking STF? It's like they wanted him to lose in the worst way possible. It's still too early to call this one but you have to wonder what was the point of giving him a clean win over Cena if Kevin's just going to end up as another white chalk line on Cena's list of victims.

Oh, and Undertaker's back. I don't see the reasoning here but whatever...

I think owens losing was to make the nxt title rematch at the barclays more unpredictable it's heavily promoted but it would've been more predictable if Owens had the belt , and you're making it seem like Cena buried him it only took 4 AAs to beat Owens lmao. Owens is a better talent than Rusev or Wyatt also who have both rebounded after the Cena loss except for confusing booking of Wyatt over the past few months , he got a clean win over Cena that's a big deal as it should be since the top guy shouldn't be putting everyone over, so i doubt Kevin will end up like everyone else plus they were all classic matches the result may not be what we wanted but the matches delivered. Taker's reasoning lets see, Brock injuring Kane and well you know Taker lost the streak to Brock that's more than enough reasoning there to have him want revenge.

The only good part of the whole night was the Womens' match. The rest of this is a top contender for Worst Event Show Of The Year.

I don't know why I EVER expect WWE to focus on newer, fresher talent. Like... I keep thinking they are rounding the bend, and then we get shows like this and Money In The Bank.

They do focus on young talent, just because Cena wins they don't focus on young talent? Roman, Seth , Wyatt , Ambrose etc and Owens beat Cena clean which no one has done since Brock did it and lost to him twice in classic matches you can't complain about it when Owens was super Owens the entire match but lost at the end and it's not like he hasn't lost before that Balor and Joe have wins over him already. I don't like the ending and thought Owens should've won but you're certainly overreacting here about young talents when the majority of the guys/girls featured at the last two shows are young guys. Other than Cena and Nikki all the titles are held by people who are young and in their first reigns as champion, and the people in the title picture except for the IC title are mostly young/fresh talents. Sheamus winning MITB which was stupid, and Cena retaining does not mean they dont focus on young talent, seems like you want them to not use a proven draw like Cena whose a great worker to get young guys over and he's certainly done that in the past few months mainly with Cesaro and Owens one guy who needs a face run and a guy in his first feud on the main roster how many guys feud with Cena in their debuts that just tells you what they think about Owens.

And Plat believe it or not you can be established as a main event guy by losing too, Owens is a main event talent already, and we have a lot of newer guys in the title picture. A few days ago everyone was applauding Cena, and talking about he got Cesaro over by beating him but making him look great and he's done the same for Owens. Owens should've won but this loss doesn't hurt his credibility like it did for Wyatt or Rusev, since Owens didn't need the win since he's already beaten Cena and taken him further to the limit than most of Cena's feuds the last four years. It's more of Taker looking for revenge for him and his brother, I mean Heyman been trashtalking Kane about beating Taker and Lesnar took Kane out. This PPV was good, one result I would've changed but everything else I enjoyed I think this whole show was used to set up storylines for Summerslam with The Wyatts reuniting to Taker returning.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Now while I am still very optimistic about Owens beating Cena at summerslam to end their feud once and for all(though they are scarily treating this like the end of the feud), I really can't possibly find a positive way to spin this finish.

Any possible storyline purpose for it, for instance "Kevin Owens goes crazy because of the loss and becomes more dangerous than ever", is perfectly achievable with a normal loss, or better yet a cesaro dq or something.(yes I know he's a face, but still)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I think owens losing was to make the nxt title rematch at the barclays more unpredictable it's heavily promoted but it would've been more predictable if Owens had the belt , and you're making it seem like Cena buried him it only took 4 AAs to beat Owens lmao. Owens is a better talent than Rusev or Wyatt also who have both rebounded after the Cena loss except for confusing booking of Wyatt over the past few months , he got a clean win over Cena that's a big deal as it should be since the top guy shouldn't be putting everyone over, so i doubt Kevin will end up like everyone else plus they were all classic matches the result may not be what we wanted but the matches delivered. Taker's reasoning lets see, Brock injuring Kane and well you know Taker lost the streak to Brock that's more than enough reasoning there to have him want revenge.

They do focus on young talent, just because Cena wins they don't focus on young talent? Roman, Seth , Wyatt , Ambrose etc and Owens beat Cena clean which no one has done since Brock did it and lost to him twice in classic matches you can't complain about it when Owens was super Owens the entire match but lost at the end and it's not like he hasn't lost before that Balor and Joe have wins over him already. I don't like the ending and thought Owens should've won but you're certainly overreacting here about young talents when the majority of the guys/girls featured at the last two shows are young guys. Other than Cena and Nikki all the titles are held by people who are young and in their first reigns as champion, and the people in the title picture except for the IC title are mostly young/fresh talents. Sheamus winning MITB which was stupid, and Cena retaining does not mean they dont focus on young talent, seems like you want them to not use a proven draw like Cena whose a great worker to get young guys over and he's certainly done that in the past few months mainly with Cesaro and Owens one guy who needs a face run and a guy in his first feud on the main roster how many guys feud with Cena in their debuts that just tells you what they think about Owens.

And Plat believe it or not you can be established as a main event guy by losing too, Owens is a main event talent already, and we have a lot of newer guys in the title picture. A few days ago everyone was applauding Cena, and talking about he got Cesaro over by beating him but making him look great and he's done the same for Owens. Owens should've won but this loss doesn't hurt his credibility like it did for Wyatt or Rusev, since Owens didn't need the win since he's already beaten Cena and taken him further to the limit than most of Cena's feuds the last four years. It's more of Taker looking for revenge for him and his brother, I mean Heyman been trashtalking Kane about beating Taker and Lesnar took Kane out. This PPV was good, one result I would've changed but everything else I enjoyed I think this whole show was used to set up storylines for Summerslam with The Wyatts reuniting to Taker returning.

But they didn't have to have Kevin Owns tap out. I don't think Owns is buried. This isn't like with Rusev, Barret, Sandow, or Wyatt. But Kevin Owns IMO should have won the belt. I guess they are holding off until Summerslam or I don't know. As for Taker, I'm not sure I want to see another feud between him and Lesnar. Least not right now, anyway.

ger9119

Well Undertaker has probably Summerslam and then Wrestlemania and then he's done, so it's now or never for the rematch that should happen. I think he should've won the belt too, i'm not in an outrage that Cena beat like so many people online are, I think it continues through Summerslam in some form maybe a fatal four way or triple threat for the title. There's more that they can do character wise and storyline wise with Owens losing than there is with him winning, this is fourth lost within the last two years so that's really impressive especially when you see the guys he's lost to. I know ROH stuff wouldn't count but for Owens it should as he's the same character he was in ROH and his fans followed him to WWE.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well Undertaker has probably Summerslam and then Wrestlemania and then he's done, so it's now or never for the rematch that should happen. I think he should've won the belt too, i'm not in an outrage that Cena beat like so many people online are, I think it continues through Summerslam in some form maybe a fatal four way or triple threat for the title. There's more that they can do character wise and storyline wise with Owens losing than there is with him winning, this is fourth lost within the last two years so that's really impressive especially when you see the guys he's lost to. I know ROH stuff wouldn't count but for Owens it should as he's the same character he was in ROH and his fans followed him to WWE.

Then I don't really want to see Taker vs Lesnar again at all. It's not that I don't like Undertaker, but unless Brock Lesnar's going to like retire him, I don't see the need for the rematch. Yes, there's what you said about Kane and avenging him and if that's the case it will at least make for some interesting storyline. But I'm kinda over part time guy vs part time guy.

ger9119

Then I don't really want to see Taker vs Lesnar again at all. It's not that I don't like Undertaker, but unless Brock Lesnar's going to like retire him, I don't see the need for the rematch. Yes, there's what you said about Kane and avenging him and if that's the case it will at least make for some interesting storyline. But I'm kinda over part time guy vs part time guy.

Summerslam is supposed to be on par with Wrestlemania, so there's a need to fill out the entire card and make it special from top to bottom, and I think they want to have Taker in front of the New York crowd one more time before he retires. This match has to happen, It wouldn't fit Undertaker's character for him to get decimated and then not come back looking for revenge. I'm fine with part timers as they've earned the right to be a part timer, ten years or so from now the full time guys we have now will be doing the same.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Summerslam is supposed to be on par with Wrestlemania, so there's a need to fill out the entire card and make it special from top to bottom, and I think they want to have Taker in front of the New York crowd one more time before he retires. This match has to happen, It wouldn't fit Undertaker's character for him to get decimated and then not come back looking for revenge. I'm fine with part timers as they've earned the right to be a part timer, ten years or so from now the full time guys we have now will be doing the same.

Summerslam is suppose to be on par, but it not always is. It's one of the big PPV's for sure though. And hey, the Rock got beat by Lesnar and still hasn't gotten revenge. I wouldn't expect Taker to get a win over Lesnar. That's going to probably be for a Reigns or Owns like guy to get the rub. I just don't have much interest to see Taker vs Lesnar anymore. And my only issue with part timers is WWE relies on them too much for these Wrestlemania, Summerslam PPV's instead of building the company around new guys. That's why they are at the mercy of Brock Lesnar's schedule and why we got a crappy 2014 title reign. Not saying we can't have part time guys, but have them work with up and comers not just each other.

-Raiga-

I think you mean he's the same personality that he was in ROH. He's not really the same character at all. His Ring of Honor character was stone cold lite version, more centered on that he doesn't care about what management thinks of him, he will not conform to what other people want from him. His current WWE character on the other hand is centered around doing anything for his family. In fact he rarely brings up his size/shape at all, its usually his opponent or commentary that brings up "unorthodox" every chance they get.

celestial phantom

I really don't have any "feeling" of seeing another Taker/Lesnar match. I really do not want this match at Summerslam, as I feel both men could be doing something with other talent. One of the things about Taker that is so rooted to the character is a sense of Respect, and that between him and Lesnar the better man won, so it wouldn't make too much sense for him to get retribution for that match, unless it's because Lesnar is flaunting he did it, and wants a rematch after all this time, having to do some soul searching, and beat the young gun Wyatt who called him out to find himself again. K, I'm fine with that, but if we get this match, can Sting go and be the referee for it then? We haven't had a special guest Ref match for a while that people would have actually wanted to see, so maybe set this one up here?

The PPV overall was fairly alright. Reigns and Wyatt were good, as was the Divas 3 way. Owens and Cena pretty much pulled off their last two matches, and I do think Owens should have gone over this one, but realistically the only way I think Cena is going to lose that title is shenanigans or in a multi-man match, which would make sense at Summerslam between Cena, Owens, Rusev, and Cesaro. Also, yeah I don't especially like the TapOut, they should of done a PassOut finish, since Owens wouldn't have technically gave up, and he was still fighting all the way. But, hell he took 3 AA's and a Super AA from the top rope, so he wasn't buried at all there. I like how we might be getting Reigns/Ambrose vs Wyatt/Harper if all goes well there, since that was one of my SS prediction matches. I can't get into a Sheamus/Orton match, sorry, but I can't. They have matches too often for me to care, tag match was decent, main event was weird, and while I marked for Taker, what this entirely means is just weird for me. Entirely the main event is getting a pass by people I bet solely on marking out for Taker, but it was Taker showing up that imo ruined the main event for me. It was building to something nice, but then he shows up and basically sets up a match I don't want to see again.

So many things are up in the air going to Summerslam, it'll be interesting how the card takes shape. Better question of who the hell is going to face Seth Rollins at SS for the title now? Please don't be HHH though, just don't. But, yeah there seems to be no real contender for his title, and I don't any repeats of recent challengers. Though I feel it's going to be Orton, gdi....it's going to be Orton isn't it? I have an idea on how 2 or 3 others could get into it, but that requires creative using their heads, which probably won't come to pass.

Oh, right almost forgot. St. Louis chanted "We want Becky" at the Divas match....thank you St. Louis, you and I are forever friends based on this development. More arena's take note, do this chant. Oh also for like the god damn first time in who knows how long, instead of dueling "Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks", it was finally "Let's Go Cena/FIGHT OWENS FIGHT". Management better take note of that right there. Someone managed to get them chanting something that isn't giving Cena all the reaction.