• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
New Day is getting Mizdow'ed out. They got over when they weren't supposed to, so now they're getting jobbed back down the card until we stop caring about them... like we weren't supposed to do in the first place. Within 2 months, they'll be all but off TV.

celestial phantom

While I agree that the PTP was more than likely a set up for the fall for Harper and Rowan to get them post Summerslam, I just hope that PTP and New Day trade the titles back and forth every 2 months or so. At least until other teams are healthy again. The one Uso is supposed to be back like in September or October right? Rowan's supposed to be out for like a few months so maybe November or December? Unless they start making tag teams of upper carders again, there's only the puerto rican bullfighters and luchadores right? I'd have liked the New Day to have a long reign, though they probably will let the PTP hold it for a little while longer just because they benefit more to having them, as the New Day can get at least a reaction with or without them. So, at least until they can get more teams healthy again, just have them switch back and forth for a couple more months, let the PTP retain at say Summerslam, but they can lose them randomly on a raw in a buildup to the next PPV.

rocky505

LOL Arnold Schwarzenegger is the WWE 2K16 Pre Order Bonus.

ger9119

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Summerslam is going to be 4 hours. Wow! RAW last night was boring. Neither Undertaker or Lesnar was there. Well not everything was boring. The Divas are doing much better. Are we really going to get Cena vs Rollins at Summerslam? After last night, do we need one?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Summerslam is going to be 4 hours. Wow! RAW last night was boring. Neither Undertaker or Lesnar was there. Well not everything was boring. The Divas are doing much better. Are we really going to get Cena vs Rollins at Summerslam? After last night, do we need one?

Seth is a young hot talent capable of carrying WWE into 2020 and beyond.

Somehow he slipped through the cracks and was not buried back down to the midcard by CenaWinsLOL. WWE is trying to rectify this situation.

Laser Shuckle

Well I for one find Seth to be extremely generic and boring...

His booking really is baffling though. Do they WANT him to fail? Oh right, I forgot this is WWE and you're not allowed to get over.

Just ask Zach Ryder, Bad News Barrett, Damien Mizdow, Heel R-truth, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, etc.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon

His booking really is baffling though. Do they WANT him to fail? Oh right, I forgot this is WWE and you're not allowed to get over.

Just ask Zach Ryder, Bad News Barrett, Damien Mizdow, Heel R-truth, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, etc.

Wow, really? I think Seth is one of my favorite people on the roster right now. Absolutely no lower than top 3, and he might be my overall favorite.

celestial phantom

Despite a night of firsts, a lot of the other night's show felt like no one was putting in a lot of effort and felt like "going through the motions". Divas are doing better at least, and the main event showed effort from Seth and Cena, so that was good. Didn't help that most of the night the crowd was dead except for Cena and Orton, the commentary as always was bad, but it was worse since I couldn't tell if Titus was actually being fine or just rambling on about whatever since no one was keeping up with what he was doing all that well. Literal best part of that whole tag team segment was the New Day interrupting and skipping....SKIPPING down to the ring with a sign that Kofi is the real mega dad of the year. New Day don't need the titles at all to get a reaction or be entertaining, heck they can fill in how Edge and Christian worked during 2000-2001 just by berating sports teams, and finding entertaining skits to do making fun of the crowd from where they are from. Still think they should have the titles again, but heck right now they don't even need to hold them to continue on what they are doing.

kofi.gif

Last edited:

ger9119

Seth is a young hot talent capable of carrying WWE into 2020 and beyond.

Somehow he slipped through the cracks and was not buried back down to the midcard by CenaWinsLOL. WWE is trying to rectify this situation.

Being put into the upper midcard / midcard is not being buried, please stop using that term if you have no idea what it means. It's pretty annoying now, being buried is being a main eventer / upper midcard guy or even sometimes the general midcard guy and then you suddenly become a dark match guy or a low card jobber, I don't see that happening to Rollins or Owens or anyone else that's constantly brought up with the Cena buried crap. It's just an easy way for smart fans to complain about Cena since they can't complain about his in ring work, when it's been the same with any top guy from Hogan to Austin to The Rock. WWE clearly has faith in Rollins, and the other Shield guys as they are slowly building the company around those three it's been pretty clear that Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns are the cornerstones of WWE for the next decade. And before anyone doubts Ambrose, they sure did add a whole bunch of Ambrose merchandise lately so they are invested in him just as much as the other two. Don't see you complaining when any other guy wins a bunch of feuds where's ReignsWinsLOL or BrockWinsLOL etc. I can't believe Wyatt buried Reigns after battleground and I'm glad Cena bounced back after Lesnar buried him after last years Summerslam but i think his whole career is ruined after that one feud.

You're saying guys not allowed to get over? They put them on TV to get them over, they aren't backstage like lets put tons of guys on tv just for the fact that they wont be over and only Cena will be over. Ryder sucks, BNB sucks, Mizdow is overated, and Heel R Truth flopped cause he caught a drug suspension. Owens is over, and Cesaro is over they are two upper midcard guys that can be main eventers at anytime. Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins , Orton , Wyatt , Rusev , Ryback , Ziggler , Miz , New Day , PTP , Luke Harper you name a few guys that are never on tv and two that can't get a reaction no matter what WWE gives them (BNB, Truth) and you name two guys who are totally over with the crowd.

It's crazy to even think that WWE doesn't want to get guys over and that they want them to fail. Rollins is the heel cowardly champion he's SUPPOSED to look as weak as he can for he can get even more heat when he cheats to win or manages to win when the face looks like he's going to win, it's wrestling 101 and has been done since the start of pro wrestling. Rollins is the best heel and most over heel they got, he's a big indy wrestler that somehow manages to get a full arenas to boo and hate him which is near impossible to do these days. Anyone they put on TV is there to get over, they wouldn't waste TV time to purposely not get guys over and to make them fail for you to think that is simply asinine.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Being buried is subjective; it depends on the wrestler himself, his talents, and what he is capable of vis a vis what is being done with him. Is Fandango getting buried because he loses every match and is never on TV? No, because that's his skill set, and the WWE LONG-SINCE missed the boat on advancing him. This is his role now.

Bray Wyatt has a MUCH better career than Fandango, but he IS getting buried because he's irrelevant. You could turn back the clock and have Bray Wyatt retire about 400 days ago and NOTHING IN WWE CHANGES for the past year. He is 100% directionless and purposeless. He serves absolutely no purpose other than to be a midcard placeholder in unexplained, meaningless feuds.

Is Rollins being buried? No. He's a cowardly heel, cheating champion. I'd prefer him to be booked SMARTER (because most cowardly heels with gangs to protect them are historically clever and cunning, and Rollins gets by 100% on luck and accident), but he's the champ and has been for quite a while. No matter how you cut it, his reign to this point has been a failure, but they are trying with him. The worry I have is that he jobs off to SuperCena at a few shows in a row and goes down to meandering nonsense feuds, away from the title picture. That would be burying because it's beneath what he is capable of.

Is Kevin Owens being buried? Good god, yes. When did he last win a match? I can't even remember. He's on something like a 0-for-ever slide. Name a single wrestler who ever got over from a Losing Streak angle early in their career; there are virtually none. And they took a guy whose mantra is "FIGHT OWENS FIGHT" and turned him into a COWARD. All he does is run away from EVERYTHING. It's ridiculous. He beat Cena clean what seems like forever ago, and now the guy can't friggin' tie his shoes without running away or being pinned.

There's not just ONE THING that is burying, like some one-size-fits-all glove for every guy on the roster. Although, if there is, it is Cody Rhodes' career. :) God, what they do to him is absolutely befuddling to me.

-Raiga-

Tbh I have less an issue with Cena beating Rollins on Raw, than I do with the simple fact that they are giving people a hypothetical PPV match for free, with a decisive victory, before it even happens on said PPV.

I get its to further drive home the "Rollins can lose at any time" thing, but that's just a pet peeve of mine.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
WCW: Uncensored 1995
-March 18, 1995
-Tupelo, Mississippi (the hell...?)
-Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan

-Man, RNG is sticking it to me with these mid-90's shows, right? But really... how bad could this be? It is the inaugural episode of UNCENSORED! Surely, they'd kick this event off right!

1. Dustin Rhodes vs. The Blacktop Bully - King Of The Road match

-Oh, god. The match in the bed of a truck. I've heard about this. All right, no big deal. We're going to just watch it and get through it...

So the point of this match is that Dustin and Bully are in the bed of a semi-truck that's just cruising around some podunk rural road. The bed of the truck is covered in bales of hay, and there is a truck horn attached to the top of a bar; the winner is the competitor who climbs up to the horn and blows it first. Seems harmless enough.

-Early on, Bobby Heenan (who I really shouldn't make fun of, because he is the bright spot of this whole show) tells us that "This match is what the Blacktop Bully is all about!". Really, Brain? Has he competed in many of these matches? Is he a notorious truck fighter on the independent circuit or something?

-The cameras SUCK for this match. There are two dudes on the back of the truck itself shooting into the bed, a camera crew following the truck shooting into the back, and a ****ing helicopter following the truck around and filming. None of them manage a consistently good view.

-Heenan is worried that the truck will have to stop to pay a toll or be weighed, and then states in a flabbergasted manner, "I don't know what truck drivers do!".

-The match itself is SLOW and CLUMSY. Neither guy can ever keep his balance for long, and there is a lot of silly falling over just because... it's hard to do athletics in the back of a moving truck, obviously. There are virtually no MOVES to speak of here; it's just "throw, punch, hit you with this item I found", and this goes on far too long. It's tedious to watch, really. Occasionally they cut from the action to the helicopter's camera to show us exciting things like "the truck is driving" or "the truck is making a turn" or "the truck has to stop to let a church bus pass" (and yes, that last one actually happens).

IIRC, both guys in this match ended up getting fired for using color. I might be wrong, but I'm sure I've heard that before. Because how dare you show blood on a program called Uncensored!

Bully wins the match after absolutely nothing special. Both guys get near the horn, he pushes Dustin away and honks it. The end.

RATING: 3/4* - Awful. Just abysmal. There's some perverse joy in the sheer silliness of it all, but it drags too long and has too little real action.

2. Meng (with Colonel Robert Parker) vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Martial Arts match

-After a short, boring interview segment with Parker, Meng, and Arn Anderson, we have our first match of the night in the arena, and it's... a martial arts match! Sigh, this is going to be a long show...

-So the referee of this match is a gi-clad Sonny Onoo, in his WCW debut, which is, at least, a cool bit of trivia.

Onoo tries to explain the rules of the match, but Duggan is far too busy yelling "HOOOO!" and "USA!" to listen at all. It's literally like we're watching his A.D.D. kick in, and he's going "Too many words, **** IT. HOOOOOO!".

The beginning of this match is dreadfully boring. Onoo wants Duggan to bow. Duggan won't bow! Duggan yells catchphrases. Onoo scolds him. Onoo wants him to bow. Duggan won't bow... For a solid 3-5 minutes. Finally, Duggan agrees to bow, and Meng kicks his teeth in for it.

-Duggan, like a good babyface, decides the key to winning a Martial Arts match is to take off his boot and club Meng in the face with it. Apparently this is a common martial arts move, because it does not result in a disqualification.

The match is even worse than the first. Duggan is lazy and sloppy; Meng does not nothing but restholds, nerveholds, and chokeholds. It's putrid to watch.

At one point, Meng has Duggan in a nervehold, and Onoo does the whole "raise the arm three times" spot. The idiotic part is that Duggan isn't selling the nervehold AT ALL, and is wide-eyed and moving his head to look around. SO HOW COULD HE BE UNCONSCIOUS, ONOO? I'm not even sure if that is Onoo's fault or Duggan's.

God, this match takes approximately two years too long to end. Meng no-sells the Three-Point Stance, superkicks Duggan, and that's the end of it.

RATING: 1/4* - It made me appreciate the truck match more, so there's that.

We chase that tussle with a weird video vignette of Arn Anderson driving a truck and talking about being tough, intercut with shots from his matches. I've never been an Arn fan, and I have always fond him to be wildly overrated by the IWC, and this spot does him no favors.

3. Arn Anderson (with Colonel Robert Parker) vs. Johnny B. Badd (with Rock Finnegan) - Boxer Vs. Wrestler match

-"Boxer vs...", of for the love of...

-Arn is the TV Champion here, but the belt is not on the line (a common thread of the night's events, which I'm guessing was done to promote the UNSANCTIONED aspect of Uncensored).

-Apparently, you can win by pin, submission, or KO (a ten-count). The match is set to have ten 3-minute rounds with a 1-minute rest period between each round. So already, this sounds positively GRIPPING. A match with built-in inaction time? Sign me up!

-Badd spends the first two rounds DESTROYING Arn. Just pummeling him and making him look incompetent. Arn tries some half-hearted takedowns, but Badd easily thwarts them, and the WRESTLER ON A WRESTLING SHOW is made to look completely helpless at the hands of a guy using boxing technique only. There's apparently no technical knockouts, either, as Badd plants Arn on his *** at least four times in the second round.

Arn goes Full Heel between the second and third rounds, and just DDTs the hell out of Badd in the rest period. To his credit, he yells at the referee "No Disqualification!" while doing it, so it IS pretty smart.

Arn gets the momentum of the third fall, but things kind of fall apart with this Rock Finnegan jabroney (apparently Badd's boxing trainer) interjecting himself in the match and trying to save Badd. Parker gets involved, too, but not as much as Finnegan, who maybe thinks he is the heel here?

Between rounds, there is another short brawl, but Badd gets the advantage this time. Finnegan puts the spit bucket on Arn's head, and Badd gives him the big left. With Arn stunned, Badd throws off his gloves and hits the left again, KO-ing Arn. Even though I'm not sure the 4th round ever "begins", the referee counts Arn down, and Badd wins the match.

RATING: * 3/4 - Compared to the first two matches, this was Rock vs Austin. On its own merits, it was... not very good. Kind of fun, but that's it. It is disjointed, oddly paced, and just off. But it had moments, I guess.

4. Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Avalance

-Heyyy... no stipulation. I can support this.

-It's a pretty standard Big Villain Guy Vs Plucky Hero match. After an early flurry from Savage (including a cross-body from the top rope to the outside), Avalanche gets the advantage and carries the match with Savage's remarkable selling. Lots of typical splashes and drop moves. Avalanche even busts out his dropkick at one point.

-I always really dug both these guys. I was a huge Earthquake fan as a kid. And Savage is a legend. I couldn't really HATE this match if I tried. And, oh, it will test me...

-Commentary spends almost the entirety of the match wondering where Jimmy Hart is or what became of him, because he was apparently MIA in the back, and Hogan was sad backstage about this. So we can't bother to care about this match; Jimmy Hart is lost!

That said, Heenan has typical great heel moment where he says "You know, an avalanche could bury Tupelo, Mississippi, and these people could apply for federal grants through FEMA. They could get... eighteen... twenty bucks!".

-Back to the action, a "woman" interferes to attack Savage, and it is revealed to be Ric Flair in drag. This allows Avalanche to hit the running vertical splash, but Hogan charges the ring to save Savage and run off Flair and Avalanche. After being told ALL NIGHT that this is Uncensored and there are no rules... Savage is awarded the decision by disqualification. So there is that.

RATING: ** - Like I said, I like both guys. And the MATCH portion of the match wasn't bad at all. The ending was a trifle, though.

5. Big Bubba Rogers vs. Sting - Anything Goes match

-Oh, an Anything Goes match? Hopefully this ends in disqualification, also.

-So, all right, Big Bossman had just recently ditched his Guardian Angel identity and had gone heel as Big Bubba Rogers (and this guy used a LOT of identities in WCW, but they never found anything that connected on the level of Big Bossman in WWF. I never understood why WCW didn't just give him the exact same gimmick and call him Big Cop Man or something).

-The match starts with Sting stealing and leg-dropping Big Bubba's hat, proving that Sting hated fedoras before it was cool.

-Sting spends a good while controlling the match on offense until what looked to be just a miscommunicated leapfrog sees Bubba clip Sting. The resulting knee injury allows Bubba to gain control and work the knee for a while. Good working by the announcers, as they call back to Sting's 1990 knee injury that had him miss several months of action. Think about that... wrestling referencing 5 years prior. That would NEVER happen now! Anything older than 15 months might as well be the 1700's as far as modern WWE goes.

Speaking of commentary, Heenan continues being glorious for this match with lines like "This town's prom queen's name was Big Bubba" and "They should tear down Tupelo, Mississippi and build a swamp". For some reason, I recalled WCW Heenan to be uninspired, but not here.

-There is really no reason for this to be an "Anything Goes match" because NOTHING happens. No weapons, no cheating, no nothing. It's just a complete mundane match.

At one point, Bubba climbs the ropes, but he just falls off, leading to a Sting rally. That was the second time of the night what looked to be a botch turned into a rallying point for the other guy. So I can't tell if they were making this match up as they went or if they were playing the smarks way back in 1995.

Another god damned weird ending here, as Sting picks up Bubba for a slam, but can't hold him. He falls backwards, and... Bubba gets a 3 count out of it? Sting went down that easy to Big friggin' Bossman? And clean? Wow.

RATING: * - These guys had no chemistry, the match seemed botchy, the ending was anti-climactic, and the stipulation added no value.

6. Harlem Heat (with Sister Sherri) vs. The Nasty Boys - Falls Count Anywhere Tornado match

-Again, Harlem Heat are the champs, but the titles are not on the line.

-The match starts with Heat jumping the Nastys from behind after failing to come to the ring with Sherri for their entrance, and they maintain early control.

An odd moment sees Jerry Saggs completely okay on the outside of the ring while both members of Heat have Knobbs in the ring. They set up a Spike Piledriver from the middle rope, and... Saggs just watches the whole thing. He makes the barest of efforts to get in the ring, and just displays no imperative whatsoever. Kind of kills the drama, you know?

Still outside the ring, Saggs just starts no-selling ****. He no-sells a double-team Big Boot (who no-sells BIG BOOTS?!), then ignores some kicks to the head from Stevie Ray. I really don't remember much Nasty Boys crap from my youth, but did they do this a lot? Just ignore the other team's offense and no-sell it? No selling a Big Boot from Stevie Ray is pretty damn hard to swallow.

The two teams (and Sherri) eventually make their way to what appears to be a fake concession area (just three little set-ups with such name-brand goodness as REFRESHMENTS, LEMONADE, and FUNNEL CAKE, even though there is no oil or fryer to make funnel cake). What little semblance of a match they were having completely degrades here, and it just turns into a food fight with condiments.

The best part of all this is that the floor QUICKLY becomes covered in lemonade and cotton candy and ketchup-and-mustard, to the point where no one can stay on their feet. So we're back to the first match of the night, seeing a match where guys can't even stand upright. This goes on for A WHILE, and they never make it anywhere else.

Suddenly, the match just ends. Out of nowhere, a bell rings, and the Nasty Boys are declared the winners, but nothing shown indicates why. I just assumed WCW went "Ah, screw this" and threw the match out, but apparently there was a pin off-camera. Typical shoddy WCW crew work, I guess.

RATING: 1/2* - Kind of fun silliness at the end, but a nightmare of a match in general.

-After wards, we get a promo of Flair and Vader together. Flair was still all dolled up, and you can see how much he put into his drag outfit because he still has mascara, eyeliner, and nail polish. At one point, Vader says he and Flair have combined for 23 world title reigns, and... that can't possibly be right, can it? At this stage, Flair had only won, what, 13 or 14 titles? And there's no way Vader had 10, is there? Ah, well. They eventually start "WOOO"-ing together, and Vader is remarkably bad at it. It sounds more like he is saying "OOOOOH!"

7. Hulk Hogan (with Renegade) vs. Vader (with Ric Flair) - strap match

-**** yeah, *****es. Mother****ing Renegade in the house! He was actually brand new at this point, having JUST been brought in as Hogan's "Ultimate surprise", and I still can't believe WCW had the testicular fortitude to even TRY to pull this off.

The worst part is that the first SEVERAL minutes of the match are ALL ABOUT Flair and Renegade at ring side. Flair wants in the match, but Renegade won't let him. And--oh yeah!--there is a match going on inside the ring, but the commentary and camera crew don't care about that.

-Again, Hogan is the World Champion, but the title is not being defended here.

-When the action DOES shift in-ring, we find that this match blows, too. Both guys are sloppy and seem to be operating at 50% effort (RNG is developing oan early trend if trying to make me stop liking Vader, I guess). Eventually, a beaten Jimmy Hart in a ripped shirt and no sunglasses makes his way to ringside. There is remnants of tape around his wrists and ankles, and I'm so glad we resolved that storyline for absolutely no pay-off whatsoever, as Jimmy adds nothing to this match.

-Hogan DOMINATES this match and just destroys everything Vader tries to do. He treats Vader like Bastion Booger. I get that WCW was enamored of the appeal of finally having Hulk, but HOW DID THEY SCREW THIS FEUD UP SO BADLY? Vader looked like a child against Hulk.

The tide finally turns a bit when a Masked Man runs down and distracts Hogan, allowing Flair to break a chair over his back. I guess Renegade missed that one.

Finally on offense, Vader piddles around for a while before missing a second-rope senton onto a steel chair (still... pretty impressive for a man of Vader's size, even though we already knew Vader was agile). This allows Hulk to Hulk-Up and beat up Flair.

... and then Hogan just attaches the strap to Flair and drags HIM to all four corners, WINNING THE MATCH. Jesus, this show.

-End of match hinjix: The Masked Man returns, and there is a face-off in the ring of Hogan and Renegade against Flair, Vader, and the masked man. Then, a bound-and-gagged Arn Anderson, wearing all but the mask of the Masked Man costume, comes hopping down the aisle. The Masked Man in the ring attacks Flair and Vader, unmasking as Randy Savage. The faces chase off the heels, and Hogan and Savage work as hard as they can to put Renegade over.

RATING: 3/4* - Another mess. The main event was as much about the new Renegade as anything else, and that is bad because the fans don't buy him from the word "go".

OVERALL SHOW: 1.5/10 - I'm hesitant to give ANYTHING a 1/10, but I also can't fathom I will see any show worse than this one in my life. It's the single worst wrestling Pay-Per-View event that I can remember ever having seen, that's for sure. The HIGHLIGHT of the night was a 2-star Savage/Avalanche match! With a crappy, absurd ending! The zanier stuff can, at least, be historically amusing (like Arn/Badd, off the top of my head), and Heenan tried really hard. But this show was ridiculously bad. Not recommended at all.

-Raiga-

Call me crazy but, I kinda want to see WWE do a second truck match. Like, for joke mostly but, I really enjoy how as of late a lot of "old school" matches are being upgraded by a handful of wrestlers around the world. For instance Rollins/Ambrose showed us what a 21st century Hell in a Cell match is, Mundo/Puma practically re-invented the steel cage match in their bout on LU. And, WWE at least made an attempt at bringing back the russian chain match(to....little success there lol, BUT THEY TRIED!).

I'm more just curious if, there is a way to make the match actually work. I'm not even sure about the contestants, but Ambrose just feels like a shoe in for some reason lol. Might as well face Harper given how well the car antics of their feud played off.

celestial phantom

OK Raiga, you are crazy. I'd rather matches at least have some good reason to happen, and would like to see more stipulations added, but in more convenient ways. We rarely get tornado rules for tag matches anymore, and I like those ones. Only when Tables or Ladders are involved, and we do rarely get a Ladder Tag match anymore. Tbh, I think I'd rather they find ways to incorporate some Hair vs. Hair/Title/Career/other thing matches in some way to help finish off a feud (for a short while). Miz vs. Big Show vs. Ryback. Hair vs Career vs Title, let's do it.

I wouldn't mind a 3 stages of hell match done right, and we've only ever had like 3 of those matches, and only 1 of them has been really good (Trips vs Stone Cold). Give me Rollins vs Ambrose in a 3 stages of hell match at some point. Pretty sure they can make a Standard, Street Fight/Submission, Last Man Standing very entertaining, if they are allowed some real street fight rules, and aren't just in the audience part of the arena.

There's so many bad gimmick matches from the mid to late 90s, from both WCW and WWE, that I'd rather forget they existed. Those were truly dark times for having creative like ideas and allowing anyone who came up with some different idea actually running with it.

-Raiga-

Honestly I'd rather just see NEW gimmick matches altogether. Almost 100% of the ones WWE has introduced over the past few years, mitb, elimination chamber, championship scramble, etc. are all amazing ideas that actually play out well too.(no stairs match, you don't count, go away). I mean, we don't need a new one every month or anything, but it would be nice to get a breath of fresh air every now and again.

Laser Shuckle

Breath of fresh air? So Cena pinning the WWE champion clean on Raw with the commentary team blowing their loads in amazement afterwards wasn't enough for you? Tough crowd...

I'd like new gimmick matches too though, and I wish they'd nix the MITB PPV and have that match during Wrestlemania instead.

Also yes ger your right, they definitely want them to succeed which is why almost everyone gets lukewarm pops compared to past eras and only ONE GUY on the active roster has any real star/drawing power among other things.

And I don't believe for a second that anyone here hates John Cena himself for real. (myself included) His M.O. just sucks, and his character is terribly stale and archaic. Simple as that.

Being buried is subjective; it depends on the wrestler himself, his talents, and what he is capable of vis a vis what is being done with him. Is Fandango getting buried because he loses every match and is never on TV? No, because that's his skill set, and the WWE LONG-SINCE missed the boat on advancing him. This is his role now.

Bray Wyatt has a MUCH better career than Fandango, but he IS getting buried because he's irrelevant. You could turn back the clock and have Bray Wyatt retire about 400 days ago and NOTHING IN WWE CHANGES for the past year. He is 100% directionless and purposeless. He serves absolutely no purpose other than to be a midcard placeholder in unexplained, meaningless feuds.

Yep, but this is a major gray area I think because Bray supposedly writes his own promos and that is really where he's irrelevant. You can't engage anyone if you never explain WHY you're attacking said opponent, or if none of your nonsensical babbling ever leads/contributes to any sort of long-term payoff/storyline. And cutting promos in some random dark room broadcast all the time as opposed to in the ring where he can interact with the audience is hurting him too, then you have his booking which speaks for itself...(Although I think they are legit trying to an extent with him which is nice for a change)

Is Rollins being buried? No. He's a cowardly heel, cheating champion. I'd prefer him to be booked SMARTER (because most cowardly heels with gangs to protect them are historically clever and cunning, and Rollins gets by 100% on luck and accident), but he's the champ and has been for quite a while. No matter how you cut it, his reign to this point has been a failure, but they are trying with him. The worry I have is that he jobs off to SuperCena at a few shows in a row and goes down to meandering nonsense feuds, away from the title picture. That would be burying because it's beneath what he is capable of.

See to me he is too generic/boring for the amount of airtime he gets, but to each their own. I know what he's supposed to be but they've taken the cowardly/weak champion thing WAY too far. And not in a good way like Raiga once brought up where his booking becomes something of a comedic joke type storyline. (It's a shame WWE wasn't smart enough to do this, because Rollins imo has a knack for comedy) Instead he's so weak and toothless it's made him into a bad, predictable joke.

Is Kevin Owens being buried? Good god, yes. When did he last win a match? I can't even remember. He's on something like a 0-for-ever slide. Name a single wrestler who ever got over from a Losing Streak angle early in their career; there are virtually none. And they took a guy whose mantra is "FIGHT OWENS FIGHT" and turned him into a COWARD. All he does is run away from EVERYTHING. It's ridiculous. He beat Cena clean what seems like forever ago, and now the guy can't friggin' tie his shoes without running away or being pinned.

100% agree on this. I still can't believe how hard they've dropped the ball here. and lol@ that last line!

finnbalor27

NXT Champion
I'm new to this forum, but I want to kind of conduct a questionnaire of sorts.

All of these are your own opinions about the current WWE product.

Most Underrated Superstar:

Most Overrated Superstar:

Best Finisher:

Worst Finisher:

Best Face:

Best Heel:

Wrestlers that need to turn:

Any responses would be great! I love hearing other fans reactions to WWE.

ger9119

Most Underrated Superstar: Hideo Itami , Cesaro , Roman Reigns

Most Overrated Superstar: Bray Wyatt , Sheamus , King Barett

Best Finisher: Red Arrow , GTS

Worst Finisher: BullHammer Elbow , Spear

Best Face: John Cena , Ambrose

Best Heel: Seth Rollins , Rusev

Wrestlers that need to turn: Face- Wyatt , Rollins , Owens / Heel- Orton , Ziggler , Samoa Joe