• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Anybody excited for Wrestlemania? Anybody? The build has been pretty boring minus Shane's return the first time. Roman Reigns still gets booed. I heard they want to build the next two Wrestlemania's around Roman Reigns too. That will be interesting given the boos. I also heard Bray Wyatt is injured? Another injuring during mania season, wow. One more thing. The League of Nations music sounds like a train wreck. It's fitting for the group.

Laser Shuckle

They could've taken the bird in the hand with Ambrose vs Triple H and brought back Roman with a new theme, attire and whatnot at Wrestlemania to destroy Ambrose post match. Like 10 seconds of actual creative thinking on their part about what the fans would like instead of just what management wants and we could have a pretty awesome main event.

Let's just go ahead with the braindead option though. This is especially sad when you consider how the original plans for the main event of the last FOUR Wrestlemanias have been garbage.

-Raiga-

Really sad to hear about Neville's injury that happened with his match with Jericho on Raw. The dude is both criminally underrated and underused. Imo, he's quite possibly the greatest high flyer of ALL TIME, but it's really hard to even say that with a straight face anymore after the way WWE has relegated him to the low card. Quite possibly the worst part of it is that when he initially debuted, WWE actually handled him really really well. He was treated as an upper mid-card threat who always had an out for losing if he did.

Anyways, if it's any consolation, I'm happy to hear he'll be able to fix it via rehab completely, without surgery. The in-ring aspect is Neville's bread and butter, and no one comes out of surgery better than they were beforehand.

celestial phantom

Yeah I'm not really hyped for mania so much anymore. I still like the match ups between Shane and Taker (somewhat, because something good should happen), and Dean vs Brock (BECAUSE MICK FOLEY GAVE DEAN THE BARBED WIRE BAT, LET IT BECOME A MAINSTAY WITH DEAN PLEASE). I don't mind that it'll probably be Sami vs KO for the IC title at Mania or a multi-man match between the two, but it should be a solid match if they realize they should also give this match a decent amount of time.

One match I really wanted to see was actually Y2AJ vs The New Day in a rematch for the Tag Titles, not Aj vs Jeri-dad again, nor LoN vs New Day in a handicap match I guess? I saw so many people complaining about the AJ/Jericho team, with the question of why is AJ teaming with Jericho, when he should be fighting for KO for the IC title, he deserves to be treated better and go after a singles title, blah blah blah, WWE is already ruining him. Like what? AJ's been with the E for roughly 2 months now, and honestly I've enjoyed each bit of it so far. I actually liked most of the matches between him and Jericho so far, liked him beating up on the Miz, and liked the idea of Y2AJ as a team, like that's somewhat a dream pairing that you wouldn't think you'd ever get. It would have been really cool to see an actual run for them as Y2AJ being a veteran two man group helping add some real depth to the tag division, it's one of those old throwbacks I would have loved to have seen go for a few months, then they lose them and fight again, then AJ can go his separate way to a singles title or something. I don't get why so many people were uppitty and think this is better when it'll likely be they are in a singles match at Mania or thrown possibly into the IC match as a multi-man. I would have loved to see AJ get some tag gold to start his WWE run, that way at least nothing would be rushed, and it would create some time before he goes immediately after a singles title before people start getting bored of him, or calling him stale, or being push too much too soon. The logic of some people man.

Also, yeah agreed they should have used this time off to give Roman a little repackaged push. Give him something other than the SHIELD theme and tweak it a bit in preparation for Mania. Would probably really have helped the guy out, especially when people really like Triple H beating up Roman more than Roman getting the shot to beat up Triple H.

I don't get how, but this was supposed to be a season to fix the problems that had been going around, and a good way to tweak things for the summer, but how the hell have they bloody made it worse? I didn't even think it could get worse than it was, but nope they somehow managed to find, yet again, the most boring route on the road to Mania. Philly, Brooklyn, you guys are up to the plate, please make some noise at least to make me interested a bit in cheering for anything this Mania, unlike Pittsburgh last week who was dead as hell.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm waiting for the night after Wrestlemania. Because right now the road to Wrestlemania is boring. No Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, or Shane last Monday? Sheesh. Hopefully the RAW after mania will be good with new debuts from NXT guys or something. Maybe Samoa Joe.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Click the Spoiler to read my fantasy booking of WM32...

Let's be honest... hope for this year's WrestleMania is... low. Between injuries, a dreaded main event, and incomplete storytelling, the supposed "Biggest WrestleMania of all-time!" is shaping up to be a potentially large disappointment. It might be tough to come up with any ideas that could truly save this event...

So I got to thinking... how about this booking:

Pre-show: Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
-Okay, this is hard to book because I WANT it to be relevant, but... it has not historically been (Cesaro's win was pointless and went nowhere; Big Show's was literally just a "Here, have a battle royal win for all your hard work" trophy). Added to the fact that this is relegated to the Pre-Show, and it's easy to see WWE does not care about this other than as a way to put more guys to work and tell them "Look! You made a WrestleMania moment".

-So we get 20 warm bodies who aren't on the main show. Right now, we have the Social Outcasts, Kane, and Big Show. Does that get anybody's blood running hot? I doubt it. Let's assume Goldust and R-Truth are here to further their ongoing story. Sin Cara. Tyler Breeze. Damien Sandow. Just fill this match up with nobodies.

Oh, and Finn Balor.

-Let's clarify here: to fantasy book this Battle Royal, I have to fantasy book a little bit of NXT Takeover: Dallas. Samoa Joe goes over Finn. After their match, Balor attacks Joe and leaves to a mix reaction. He'll no doubt get massive cheers in the ATGMBR, though, all the way through to end, when it comes down to Balor and Damien Sandow. The two shake hands and have a brief little match. Sandow gets the upper hand and seems to be in control...

Until two men wearing Balor Club T-Shirts charge down the ramp and assault him. These are, of course, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows. With their help, Balor wins the Battle Royal. He angrily grabs the trophy amidst, hopefully, a mixed reaction at best. Because people still like Sandow, yes?

Pre-Show: The Dudley Boyz vs The Usos

-Ugh, do I have to? I mean, this is another Pre-Show match. And it's the Dudleyz and the Usos. I mean, not everything has to mean something. Sometimes a match is just a match. A feud angle is just a feud angle.

-Anyway, this has not yet been announced as a Tables match, and it probably won't be. Not for the Pre-Show, anyway. Maybe they'll have that down the line, but here, tonight? A regular tag team match. That the Dudleyz win.

-This gives the Usos a chance to get a bit of an edge. Chanting and dancing has not been helping them lately, so on Raw the next night, the Usos can challenge the Dudleyz to a Tables match, claiming that they need to prove they can beat the Dudleyz at their own game. The Usos will win that eventual match, sure, but at 'Mania? They take the L to give them reason to reinvigorate their attitude and personality.

Match #1: The New Day vs The League of Nations

-This strikes me as a great opening match, and New Day should well be trusted in this role to get the fans immediately into the biggest show of the year, even when they are wrestling the equivalent of slowly drying paint. New Day comes out first, has antics, and declares that they know what everyone is expecting, so here comes the newest member of The New Day...

Nobody!

-The newly face New Day explains that they don't need any help to beat the League of Booty. They're the two-time, defending World Tag Team Champions. They've beaten everyone! They can wrestle 3-vs-4 if they have to. And, honestly, since this is MY booking? I don't want any more New Day members. These three have too much chemistry to bring someone else in now.

-The League of Nations is obviously salivating at this news. They hit the ring and go to work before the bell to get an early advantage. The match flow evens out a bit, but the League has the advantage most of the time. New Day fights back, they turn the tide and seem about to win... when Sheamus runs in and hits a Brogue Kick to Xavier Woods during a bit of mayhem, allowing Rusev to get the pinfall victory.

-I mean, yeah it sucks. But this feud has just started, so it's clearly got a bit more time left. So the League gets a win here so they can justify challenging for the belts again next month. To just stretch this out a bit before New Day moves on to their next feud.

Match 2: Kallisto vs Ryback for the United States Title

-Ryback is in full Cocky Heel mode here, just acting like Kallisto is barely worth his time because we can all see Ryback's career is going to mirror The Big Show's for the last 17 years of constantly shifting alignment. He shrugs off Kallisto's offense and basically just shoves him around. He doesn't even try that hard, he's just literally pushing Kallisto and sending him flying. Kallisto is all tenacity and heart and just keeps finding a way to stay in the match, however. Late in the match, Ryback has just turned Kallisto inside out with a Meathook and is preparing for the Shellshock when Sin Cara jumps on the apron and distracts him. This allows Kallisto to recover and roll up Ryback for the win.

-After the match, Kallisto is victorious (and of course he wins here; in my booking we are DONE hot-shotting this title around in the Post-Open Invitational Era. Kallisto is going to be a fighting champion to build his career), but he also seems a bit confused. He seems to tell Sin Cara that he didn't want to win like that, but Sin Cara isn't having it, and just keeps raising his partner's arm. Kallisto seems a bit disappointed, but that's all, and nothing else comes of this... for now.

Match 3: Charlotte vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks for the Divas Title

-This one is tricky, because I look at it two ways: 1) EVERYONE thinks this is going to be Sasha Banks' coronation; her Wrestlemania moment, and I agree she is the most deserving, but 2) I personally think Charlotte is going to retain here because WWE thinks she is the best just because she is Ric Flair's daughter, and I think that is the right call (though with the wrong rationale; Sasha and Becky are both much superior to Charlotte).

-So first off, since this is MY booking and not WWE's? This match gets 15+ minutes, and Ric Flair shenanigans are kept to a god damn minimum. These three are allowed to just go to town and make this the best pure match on the card. I might even have Charlotte kick Flair out of the ringside area after he tries to interfere early and it backfires, nearly costing Charlotte the match. Just to get him the hell away from this match.

-With Charlotte incapacitated on the outside, Sasha and Becky have a good go of it until Sasha gets Becky in the Banks Statement. Becky appears about to tap... when Charlotte rushes in, hits Natural Selection on Sasha while she is applying the hold, kicks Becky out under the ropes, and gets the 3 count.

-The money here is in the chase. EVERYONE wants to see Sasha or Becky win the belt, so let's delay that gratification a bit. We all know Sasha is getting it eventually anyway, so why rush it here?

-Oh, and I'd have Flair emerge post-match to celebrate, only for Charlotte to blow him off with a "I don't even need you" kind of attitude. Maybe even attack him. Whatever. Just GET RIC FLAIR OUT OF MY WOMEN'S WRESTLING.

Match 4: Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn vs Stardust vs Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz vs Zack Ryder (sigh) vs Sin Cara (sigh)

-Can I book that Zack Ryder gets lost driving to the arena and that Sin Cara... damn, I already have him on the card. Well... can I book that everyone forgets he is supposed to be here? Oh, and then I'd like to book that Ziggler and Miz got a flat tire and miss the show. And Stardust something something isn't here?

No?

Boo. Okay.

-So, right. Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn vs other people interrupting my Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn match. At least with MOST of the talent here, we are guaranteed this match should be exciting, right? I mean, I have no idea what Ryder brings to this, and The Miz, while I like him, is not synonymous with "exciting ladder matches", but still... this is another match that gets 15+ minutes and everyone is allowed to just cut loose.

-At one point, Stardust needs to be all alone in the ring, and his win is imminent. But as he climbs the ladder to the belt, he is attacked by a man from the crowd... who turns out to be Stephen Amell! Because WrestleMania! Celebrities! And this never really felt resolved. So Amell brawls with Stardust outside of the ring until security appears for a pull apart. But by this time, Stardust's advantage is gone.

-Ultimately this match needs to come down to Zayn and Owens, and WOW do I have a lot of heels winning (and/or fans getting unhappy results), so Zayn wins here. Doesn't matter. Either result will continue this feud.

Match 5: AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho

-Okay, this isn't official yet, but it seems like it will be this week, so I'm just going to assume it happens.

-Unlike a LOT of the other matches here tonight, this is the one that should be the END of a feud, not a turning point or just a beginning. So it's the easiest to book. They go at it, have a good match, and Styles wins clean. Just call me Staples, because that was easy.

Match 6: Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar: No Holds Barred

-Err, this is No Holds Barred? Because I could have sworn it was a Last Man Standing Match. Let me do some research...

Damn. It really isn't LMS. Well, when I booked this, I did so as a LMS match, so now I need to adjust that... actually a great deal.

-First of all, let's face it: Lesnar wins this match. Period. We may all WANT Ambrose to ascend here, but it is not happening. WWE did not book Lesnar to beat the streak just so he could be really tough for two years and then lie down for Dean Ambrose. The story WWE is telling is pretty easy to see: Lesnar is absolutely unstoppable and brutal, while Ambrose is tough and will take ANY amount of punishment because he just don't give an eff.

-Now, my LMS booking for this match had Lesnar continually putting Ambrose down, only for Ambrose to constantly beat a 10-count. Lesnar would F-5 him through a table, and he'd get up. Later, he'd F-5 him through two set-up chairs, but Ambrose would get up. Eventually, Lesnar would hit FIVE F-5's consecutively on the outside of the ring, and that would ultimately put Ambrose down.

But the reason this doesn't translate well to a No Holds Barred match is because while Dean is a tough SOB who will come back from anything... he's always proven fairly easy to PIN. I could see him beating several 10-counts, but this guy has consistently been put down by just one finisher per match in an era where most main eventers need 2 or 3 to end them. Heck, Ambrose has just recently lost to HHH after a single Pedigree. So I think it's really hard to imagine booking him to realistically kick out of an F-5, much less several of them.

So what do we do? Besides, you know, fantasy book this into a Last Man Standing match? Well, the story WWE is telling has to go away. It's not about Unstoppable Brock vs Resilient Dean anymore... it's about Resourceful, Quick Dean vs Powerful, Strong Lesnar. Dean actually has to control the flow of this match, something we've not seen ANYONE do to Lesnar since WrestleMania 30. Dean has to just use weapon after weapon after weapon in a vicious assault while doing everything he can to stay out of Brock's hands for long. Some particularly violent strikes with Foley's bat could secure a very close near-fall, but there's nothing Dean can do to put Brock away. After a while, either from exhaustion or just inevitability, Dean makes a mistake that allows Brock to catch him. F-5 (onto a chair or something, just to make it better for Dean to lose), and that's it.

Match 7: Err, Isn't There A Divas Multi-Person Tag Match?

-I can't find any proof of this online, but I know I kept hearing about it for a while. Maybe it just isn't 100% official yet.

-Anyway, this is a 3-4 minute cool down match. Heel Divas win because Emma is awesome. That's all.

Match 8: Undertaker vs Shane McMahon, Hell In A Cell

-I always intended this to be the main event, but the way I book this and Reigns/HHH... it makes more sense for the World Title match to main event after all.

-So Shane and Taker get locked in the cell, and right as they are about to lock up... "NO CHANCE, that's what you got!" Vince McMahon makes his way to ringside. He grabs a microphone and bellows that he knows Shane knows he can't beat Taker in a fair match, so Vince is ready in case Shane tries anything funny.

-Shane and Taker have a match. Shane puts up some resistance, but mostly takes big bumps and get tossed around by Taker. He gets flung into the cell comically hard; he scales the inside of the cell, but is knocked from the top (inside, upside down) to the ring. Finally, it looks like Taker is about to end this. He hits Old School, then a chokeslam, and a Tombstone is coming up...

-But three men rush the cage, reveal they have a key, and enter it to break up the Tombstone attempt before locking the cage behind them. These men are, of course, the Mean Street Posse!

-Undertaker doesn't suffer these fools, however, and effortlessly swats them away like buzzing gnats. They do, however, give Shane time to regroup, find a kendo stick under the ring, and turn the match to his advantage. Shane begins working over Undertaker, and every time Undertaker starts to try to fight back, at least one of the Posse is there to thwart him or distract him.

-Vince is apoplectic outside the cage and begins yelling and motioning for someone in the back. This brings out, why that's gotta be Kane!

-Kane rips the door of the cell away and just destroys the Mean Street Posse. He drags them all outside the cell, piles up their defeated bodies, and starts standing guard over his brother's match.

-With Undertaker back in control, the Tombstone seems nigh again... when the lights go out. The sound of a heartbeat plays throughout the arena, and when the lights come back on, The Balor Club is in the ring, with Finn himself in full demon makeup.

-Balor Club works over Taker HARD while a seemingly confused Shane O'Mac sits in a corner of the ring. After several high-impact moves to both Taker and Kane, Balor hits four Coup De Graces. Shane still seems baffled, but nods in appreciation before scrambling over to make the cover. 1,2,3. Shane wins!

-So this is done for a few reasons: First, it builds to Undertaker vs Finn Balor because **** yes. Secondly, whereas Shane McMahon being the 2 in 22-2 is a bit weird, it does it in an overbooked way where Taker never really has a chance. He just gets mauled at the end. And third, it allows Shane some plausible deniability to remain a face as the new GM of Raw.

Match 9: Roman Reigns vs Triple-H for the WWE World Heavyweight title, with special guest referee: The Rock

-HHH gets his annual Huge WrestleMania Entrance, but something seems different. After Shane winning control of Raw, Trips is clearly somewhat distracted. Stephanie is at ringside, and she, too, is upset and doesn't have her head in the game.

-Shane McMahon appears immediately and makes his first proclamation as a man of authority: The Rock is going to referee this match! An already distraught Steph and Trips are now mentally defeated.

-Despite this, HHH and Reigns put on a really good match, but the writing is on the wall, and Reigns wins clean with a Spear.

-After the win and Roman has a few moments to celebrate amidst presumably a chorus of boos, HHH and Steph re-enter the ring. They are at their lowest point, and HHH extends a hand to Roman. Roman looks at this gesture, scoffs, and shoves HHH (inadvertently? it should be ambiguous) into Steph. Steph goes down in a heap, and HHH's reaction is to tend to his wife and see if she is hurt. With HHH calling to the back for help, Roman stands over him, still looking pissed.

-He leaves the ring only to return with a chair, and then he demolishes an unsuspecting Hunter with it. An assault that is just hard to watch leaves Triple-H lifeless, when finally The Rock returns to the ring to call Roman off and admonish him. Roman calms down at Rocky's words until The Great One turns away, and then Roman smashes him with the chair, too. He then hits Rock with the belt, then a Spear, and stands tall... newly heel to a hateful crowd.

End show.

So what do you think?

-Raiga-

and The Miz, while I like him, is not synonymous with exciting ladder matches

If Miz could drag a 60+ year old Jerry Lawler to a 3 1/2 - 4 star TLC match, I'm fairly certain he can do something in a match with Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes in it.

The Miz is the modern day HHH(yes, modern day HHH is quite an ironic statement considering this WM, I know), in that you never want to see him wrestle, but he always, ALWAYS, overperforms.

Laser Shuckle

Nice post Sid! Especially that first part of the IC title match (lol)

Now I wish both Triple H and Reigns would get lost driving to the arena...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't know Emma was a heel and with new heel music. I liked new heel Emma. And did anybody else laugh at the heat Eva Marie got last night? Funny. I most certainly did. Still not too excited for Wrestlemania. I guess I'm curious on how Shane vs Undertaker is going to go.

-Raiga-

The thing with heel Emma is she's doing a great job with what she was given but.....they've never expanded her character or reason for being a heel after the fact. Yes she had the typical "dancing and playing nice weren't earning her any titles" shtick, but beyond that she's been given nothing. And that's fine and dandy for down in NXT, which is run like a traditional territory and the focus is on the stories between characters rather than the characters, but when she officially get's moved up to the main roster she'll be lost immediately again, because she'll just be another evil chick.

Such a shame too, I love me some Emma.

celestial phantom

If Miz could drag a 60+ year old Jerry Lawler to a 3 1/2 - 4 star TLC match, I'm fairly certain he can do something in a match with Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, and Cody Rhodes in it.

The Miz is the modern day HHH(yes, modern day HHH is quite an ironic statement considering this WM, I know), in that you never want to see him wrestle, but he always, ALWAYS, overperforms.

Man...maybe my memory is hazy, but I don't recall that match being even 3 stars. I mean for what it was, but there wasn't much to probably give it that much of a star rating to it. But, the one thing is Miz will perform well at least we know that, like or hate the guy, he at least makes for a damn useful supporting body in the ring.

Anyway Sid that was a pretty well written fantasy booking of what to happen for Mania this Sunday. I have some hopes for some very specific things to happen during Mania for the following matches:

Dudleyz vs Usos - Dudleyz to win, jump start being that dominant heel team for hire or something that gives no f**Ks to injuring anyone and everyone.

US Title match - At this point I just can't buy into Kalisto as a singles guy, I just can't. I'd let Ryback take it, give him his first title in the E, let him be a bully type that gives shorter guys a shot at his title only to beat them senseless because they aren't cut out for his world in the ring (of pure strength). I'd take that more than Kalisto's reign continuing.

Divas - Gotta give it to Sasha, and I hope....hope the rumors of them ditching the Divas title in favor of bringing back the Women's championship or a new design or something are true. Also, yeah get Ric the F outta here. I'd just re-jump start with tossing the Total Divas stuff, and it's basically gonna be everyone for themselves.

IC Ladder match - I'm still really peeved that not only are they rehashing last year with a ladder match, but the fact it's with 7 competitors again. KO vs Sami would have been a solid choice by itself, but I can understand Ziggler and Miz being added considering their recent actions with KO over the last few months, but adding the other three is a stretch. I believe that if he didn't get injured Ryder or Cara's spot would be Neville's at least. I would have taken AJ and Jericho in this too but, I'd rather KO keep the IC title now, and let Aj get his first mania moment in his own match, so I'm fine they aren't in this. If only Cesaro wasn't injured, he'd probably had a spot in this too.

Crazy vs Beast - Lesnar to win, but I want this to get bloody by any means possible. Dean can get rag dolled all he wants by Brock, but I want to see a tenacity and going back to the well by laying into him with weapon after weapon after weapon, and both men ending up a bloody mess. This is one where Dean looks good in defeat, though I wouldn't mind a Dean win, I just expect it to be Lesnar now. But yeah, let this be the one match they let be a violent and bloody affair.

Not gonna rant on every little bit, but this Divas tag match (I'm glad it's gonna be the pre-show) it better be the god damn pre-show. Not only is it gonna be so forgettable, but randomly throwing Emma into this match, because this literally just happened last week on main event of all shows, annoys me with how well she's doing in NXT again, and the fact she'll just be an afterthought again unless they really want to jumpstart the divas again and its every diva for herself. Not only that....but adding Eva Marie....to the face team.....and bringing her back on raw the week of....good job WWE, you managed to bring the one person more likely to get booed to hell and back for being bad than Roman. I didn't think they'd stupid this far down just because they don't have Nikki back yet, giving Lana a match when she's never been in one, or probably had any training. As the new day would say this is a mess of hot garbage, and I feel sorry for Nattie, Paige, Naomi, and Emma for even having to be a part of it.

ger9119

Shinsuke Nakamura proved why he's the best wrestler on the planet last night, from his entrance to in ring performance it was an outstanding match debut 5 Stars for sure. Takeover was solid, felt Corbin/Aires was subpar while everything else was really good (wished they didn't kill the momentum in Joe/Balor with all the stoppages). Also Kota Ibushi and Bobby Roode being signed? Yes please.

I'm looking forward to Mania (well some things), the triple threat/ ambrose vs. brock / Shane vs Taker. I feel like even with a horrible build and poor booking Triple H/Roman should be a very good match while New Day's entrance should be great. I wish AJ would be feuding with Wyatt or someone not named Jericho, and that Owens/Zayn was a singles match.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Sting announced his retirement at the Hall of Fame ceremony tonight. I'm so sad right now, but I had a feeling after that neck injury he would be done.....

As a kid I was always captivated by Sting whenever he showed up. He's my favorite wrestler of all time and the first ever wrestler I started liking when I was a kid. He's a major part of my childhood. I still have all of my Sting action figures. Thank you Sting...

celestial phantom

Bit disappointed Sting announced that last night, but it was somewhat fun I guess, really disappointed in his overall involvement and how poor it kind of is in hindsight. Though last night was fun during the HOF ceremony, especially the Freebird's induction. It went on for so long, and it was so fantastic because of that, I could sit and listen to Hayes tell us stories for hours it was just that enjoyable.

As far as Takeover: Dallas went, it was super fun to watch. Loved the tag match, despite the botch, especially the botchamania chants. Good to see AA get a run now with the titles. Aries/Corobin was the weakest match, and I dunno much about Aries history against bigger guys, but maybe that's what I didn't like about the match is the meshing of styles, and how it wasn't really that good. Nakamura and Zayn put on a hell of a match, 4.5 stars minimum for me, might need to actually re-watch it multiple times to let it sink in on how great it was. Bayley and Asuka did well having to follow that match, though it was a bit iffy after watching the great match Shinsuke and Sami put on, was surprised to see Asuka win.

As for the main event, Balor having the chainsaw was cool to see in the entrance, even if a bit random lol. I actually didn't think the stops took too much from the match, and added a small bit of realism to it, it wasn't the best, though the match wasn't the best, it was a more or less fine main event, though the match could of course been better.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I would love to see Dean Ambrose win tonight, but I don't see it happening. Brock Lesnar has John Cena level protection. I can't see him losing. It's too bad since Ambrose never wins any big feud match in the end. It's going to get to the point he'll be Dolph Ziggler 2.0 if they aren't careful. I'd also like Becky to win the belt just because she's really getting overlooked compared to Sasha and Charlotte. Just to surprise me. Other then those two I really don't care about the outcomes I don't care about most of the outcomes. Well I am curious where Shane vs Undertaker will go. It's almost certain there will be some kind of run in from somebody though.

-Raiga-

Yeah I agree with the rest, Takeover was pretty much perfect from top to bottom.

I'm rather confused about the ref stoppages during the main event though. Or less confused with them, but more so confused about why NXT needs to be PG when it's on the network. In fact, for a show that is aimed at the hardcore audiences and is built to seem like a "rebel" promotion going against what WWE does, you'd think something like a teen or mature rating would actually benefit it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Honestly, I enjoyed Wrestlemania 32. If I had to give it a score I would give it an 8/10. The main event outcome was painfully obvious, and the street fight wasn't as great as I thought it would be. The divas championship match was freaking amazing, and I enjoyed Shane vs Undertaker. Oh, and the ladder match was amazing and I was surprised by the winner. It was still a pretty good Wrestlemania in my opinion.

I do feel bad for the Wyatts though...

Last edited:

rocky505

Geez the amount of butthurt fans on Twitter all because Reigns won -_- It was obvious he was going to win and yet they claim the entire PPV was garbage only because he won and some of the fan favorites didn't. A lot of the matches were still very good though.

-Ryder winning was freaking amazing and I didn't see it coming.
-It's a shame New Day lost and got buried even more by SCSA.
-Y2J and AJ's match was awesome and I'm actually okay with Jericho winning after how many times he's lost to new guys in the past few years *coughfandangocough*
-The Women's Title match was amazing and I actually think it was better than the Takeover Dallas Women's Match. Sasha should've won it honestly though.
-Shane and Taker was awesome, especially the spots Shane did.
-Ambrose and Lesnar was very lackluster tbh. It was nothing like it was hyped up to be.
-Baron Corbin winning the Battle Royal was great. Some of the surprise entrants were completely unnecessary and shouldn't have been in it.
-The Rock's segment shouldn't have taken as long as it did...
-Reigns vs HHH was meh but like I said, it was obvious Reigns was walking out with the belt.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm happy for Zack Ryder. Not going to lie, I truly am happy he got a Wrestlemania moment after years of being treated badly. New IC champion. The Womens match was legendary. I'm glad we have Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky in WWE and Shane vs Undertaker had me on the edge of my seat. Other then those things, Wrestlemania was just ok for me.

celestial phantom

Top to bottom, and bottom to top, I'll be painfully honest, and say this Mania was pretty bad overall, and it's not just because Reigns won in the last match. There were some cool moments, but everyone who was involved in booking the entirety of the event just made me shake my head at mania of the decisions and way matches went. Just to give a quick rundown for each bit starting from the pre-show:

Ryback vs Kalisto - This honestly went better than expected, and it had less rey luck into a win booking after taking a plethora of offense than I anticipated. Kalisto mounted a comeback with some offense of his own, and didn't just luck into a few moves and finisher, he used the big guy's momentum against himself. Solid opener honestly, especially after the last few meetings of these guys have pretty much sucked.

Divas Tag Match - Let's be honest, this was this was to get bodies on the card for a payday. Guess I can be fine with that, but just another divas match that was boring and was what it was. Even missed the ending because I was making tacos, but didn't miss much I hear, filler....boring filler. Would of taken this entire match just being Paige vs. Emma and them not tagging out what so ever.

Usos vs Dudleyz - Won't lie, I don't remember much about this match, which means it was another god damn forgettable match already. Also the post match with the tables? I thought the Dudleyz were doing away with the tables, no more tables for us, what happened to taking away the enjoyment of us watching them put people through tables?

IC Title ladder match - Enjoyed this one, though I'm kind of getting annoyed with Ladder matches at this point and how similar they all are, especially the multi-man ones, at least it feels that way. Was pulling for Zayn or Owens, but Ryder was my dark horse to win it, because I would be happy for the guy to get a cool mania moment, despite the fact he probably won't hold the title long. I'm calling it a loyalty win, even if it isn't one, but kind of a thank you win or w/e. Match wasn't too special, but it was like one of the few overall that were enjoyable on the card.

AJ vs Jericho - The match as we've come to expect was pretty nice and all, but I think the problem with it that leaves a sour taste is how it ended, and how poorly executed it kind of was in match and story telling. I mean I guess it means that maybe Jericho is staying around longer this time, but for all purposes this should of been AJ's win. Finally made it to the big time, and putting on great match after match, and this should have been a shining moment for him, seeing as we know that Jericho usually does his stints in bursts, while AJ is/should be around weekly, so for all purposes it would have made sense for Aj to get this win. Let's just hope Jericho stays, so we don't have to be mad about the outcome.

New Day Rocks - Let's face it, they came out of a giant box of Booty-O's dressed as saiyans, that in itself was epic. God damn Saiyan Day right here. I don't even remember the match because it was overshadowed by the pre-match and post-match stuff. Was cool to see HBK, Mick, and Stone Cold, but that was just using nostalgia to cover up a more or less forgettable match and story that was mostly boring.

Dean v. Brock - I expected more out of this. Maybe they opted to shorten this down due to time constraints (though they still ended up going an hour over their scheduled time), but this was kind of disappointing entirely. I mean we knew that Lesnar's offense would just be using a suplex over and over before hitting an F5, but it only took 1 F5 (albeit on a bunch of chairs) to put Dean down, no real sense of urgency from Brock to put the guy down, Ambrose took it a bit to Lesnar, put didn't entirely get to show what he could have done. Shorter than expected, really disappointed at the action and fight of the match, and we didn't really ask for much except let Ambrose bring it to the beast with weapons (a lot of hitting at least), and there was a severe lack of that overall.

Divas Triple Threat - This was match and performance of the night for me. These gals went out and put on a fantastic performance, each one of them. The match went so well, that while I wanted, really wanted Sasha or Becky to win, I don't think any of us can complain so much that Charlotte won. I mean we can complain that with the dawning of a new belt design, Sasha or Becky should have gotten a crowning moment to shift the story and focus of the divas even for a bit, but the story they told in the ring was done well enough that I can't complain about the poor result in story terms, when it was done so well.

Shane vs Taker - Won't lie, I did not like this match. I was hoping for more to this match, but we didn't get it, and let me be pretty frank on this one. We never expected this match to be any good, what we were into it more or less for was one of two things, 1) interference involvement (who was going to get involved on each side to help make the match possibly better than 2 old men rolling around catching their breath because they don't wrestle anymore) and 2) Shane's spot. We didn't get #1 at all, which is a surprise because Mcmahon esq booking means that in a Mcmahon match, you usually see a fair amount of interference on either or both sides. Not even Vince came down for this one, nor any talents that could return or debut. Second, we basically got Shane doing the coast to coast, and that ridiculous fall from 20 feet, and if Shane didn't do that fall, I'm pretty sure we all would scorn this match. I'm scorning it because it became the lowest common denominator without any thought into the match, 2 really old guys who don't wrestle anymore rolling around for footing and breathing room. There wasn't anyone to help the match along, and it was painful and cringy to watch until Shane did the fall, and that was somewhat painful.

Battle Royal - Figured we might get some big debut or return, but we didn't get that. We got Baron Corbin randomly thrown out there (why couldn't he have at least gotten a themed entrance to make some big deal out of him?), DDP showed up...Tatanka was randomly out there (though for a guy in his 50s, he still looks like he can go), and of all people....why was Shaq out there? Why Shaq? For it to get bumped from pre-show to main card, I figured some one cool would return or debut in this, but it was literal breathing room between HIAC and the title match. At least Corbin won it, and I don't really like Corbin too much, which goes to say a lot about what I thought of the entire group involved.

Triple H vs Roman - Gotta love the symbolism of Trip's entrance. We're all the same with no voice to them! MUWAHAHHAHAHA! Take that ya damn marks! Anyway, match wasn't exactly bad, just the crowd s****ing on Roman for the entire duration of the match, just made me not care about it even more lol. Your handpicked WWE champion ladies and gentleman, the super face that they think we want! Without a stipulation added to it, I wasn't expecting anything from this match because Trips best matches are the gimmicks, and his list of good non gimmick singles matches is extremely short, so far the same is apparent for Roman. Going out in boos to celebrate his win, just it really takes away from the experience, especially since it left an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

Good things - Ryder's win was cool, Divas match was sweet, at least Corbin won the battle royal, the new day were saiyans. Everything else was like....really you just gave me that and expect that's worth the price of watching or money spent to watch? I'm honestly having to contemplate if the post-mania RAW is worth my time to watch, especially when the last few years have had something cool happen. That's how bad a taste got left in my mouth for this. Might give the RAW a watch, but pending how it goes, might not check back in until summer slam is around the corner.

For me this wasn't the worst mania, as I can list like 5 I hated more than this, but in my entirety of watching Manias, I'm pretty sure this one is going to rank in the bottom 10-ish.

Edit: Forgot the bit about the Rock, Cena, and Wyatts. I feel sorry for Bray, I feel sorry that Rowan now holds the fastest loss in Mania history instead of Chavo, I feel sorry that this was used as an excuse to get John Cena an appearance on Mania, this segment went much longer than it should have, and at this point just take Bray and everyone of them off TV so we forget about them, and bring em back like next year or something.

Last edited: