• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

ger9119

WrestleMania was a 5/10 for me, had negatives and positives from a match perspective it was decent. I didn't agree with the booking of a lot of it but it brings some interesting things going forward and wasn't as predictable as we all expected.

The IC Ladder match was great, everyone expected Sami or Owens to win but they went in a different direction which was shocking and I hope it's not a short term thing with Ryder just to get a pop from the mania/post-mania crowd. Sami vs. Owens doesn't need the title to make it a great feud and they should go in that direction and move Ryder into a feud with Miz to further get the crowd behind him again. All the guys in the match brought their A game, except for Ziggler who was the least impressive of the group.

Jericho vs. AJ was solid, another surprising outcome and now they are 2-2 and will probably lead to a last man standing or I Quit match between the two, maybe something like loser leaves WWE type of thing. I understand the outcome as the feud still has some legs on it.

LON vs. New Day was a good match but overshadowed by the post match stuff, this is going to lead to a title match at Payback which makes perfect sense. I'm fine with LON winning, since they are an over heel group and will further establish New Day as the face champs going forward. I wish Austin didn't stun woods, could've had them all celebrate with beers instead.

Ambrose vs. Brock was good but not as good as it should've been, could've been more weapon usage. I thought Ambrose should've won but the quality performance against Lesnar makes sense as he made him look beatable for once.

The Divas title match was great, they delivered and shown Woman's wrestling can be a big draw. I of course wanted Sasha to win, but Charolette winning makes sense in terms of giving that big win to Sasha later on and giving more time for we can have Bayley vs. Sasha for the title at Summerslam, this pretty much moves Becky out of the feud and makes it Flair vs. Banks now. I wonder where Becky goes from here.

Taker vs. Shane was the worse match of the night and almost made me fall asleep. This was the worse booked match of the show, and the age of Taker shown here more than ever. Why they expected a good match here is a joke, the big spot was great but that was it for a match that went on for a half hour is one big spot and them on mat or rest holds the rest. I expected a run in or something or a more crazy spotfest but nothing. This is the worse mania match since Bret vs. Vince and is Taker's worse mania match since he fought A-Train/Big Show.

Fine with Cena/Rock crushing Wyatts, turn Bray face have Rowan/Stroman feud with Bray and have Harper return as a heel to help them, go with Bray failed them and they need new leadership or something.

Thought Mark Henry should've won the battle royal, to give him that retirement send off, Corbin winning is cool as they finally given him a big win wondering where he goes from here. Shaq and DDP being in it was cool.

Roman and Triple H was okay at best, felt a NO DQ stipulation or something would've made it better especially how their feud has been built up to something like that and then they don't go through with it, the spear on Steph was cool and done well. I'm glad Roman is champ, I think he needs to turn heel with the title to effectively get over long term as his reactions if they keep him face gets will only get worse.

This Mania wasn't as good as the last two, but it's understandable with so many guys out that it would be missing a lot, I enjoyed the show up until the Shane/Taker match which was horrible and it never truly recovered after that. If the show ended with the womans title match, and didn't have Shane/Taker, Battle royal, rock segment and the main event this mania would've been a 7/10 for sure, also proved how much they need the big international names that are on NXT on Main roster badly.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
That was a really decent Payback pay-per-view this weekend, right guys?

Oh wait, that was WrestleMania?

Yeah, I'm not feeling it at all. The ONLY match that really did everything right was the Divas match (and even that just further pissed off the fans by having Charlotte retain on a card already FULL of results that the fans hated).

The rest of the card was either nonsense booking (ZACK RYDER?! Jericho over Styles? Shane vs Taker having NO shenanigans?), was middling on what is supposed to be the SHOW OF SHOWS (New Day vs the League, Dean vs Brock) or just flat out stunk from top-to-bottom (the whole godawful Rock/Wyatts segment, Roman vs HHH).

It just felt like a low-level PPV show. It didn't feel like a WrestleMania at all. It stunk.

Is it worse than II or IX? No. But it's absolutely a bottom-10 'Mania of all time, no doubt.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Zack Ryder lost the IC championship on RAW and Shane got to run RAW anyway. So basically the Shane vs Taker match was just for the Undertaker to get a match at mania with no consequences whatsoever in the end. I guess WWE doesn't know the streak is over. I'm fine with Shane in charge, it's just why the mania match? Lots of NXT debuts and best of all Maryse is back! I missed Maryse.

celestial phantom

Honestly, really found myself enjoying most of RAW for once. Glad New Day retained the titles, but now they need some new competition if the LoN are gonna be fighting the Wyatts (also finally, face wyatts?!), man I hope they'll be face Wyatts in some form. Can easily spin it that they didn't like the League betraying one of their brothers, and that doesn't sit well with Sister Abigail's teachings. Sad for Barrett, because this probably assures he'll be leaving in the coming months, but eh it is what it is.

I love Uhaa man, just great to see he's already gracing the main roster, though I hope they actually help him develop some character/personality to latch onto, that's all he really needs as he's got everything else, he just needs that character. Sorry it had to be Breeze who did the job for Crews, but I like Crews more than Breeze even though Tyler is really talented, and should be getting some more wins than being a guy to take more losses than wins.

That Reigns promo was actually solid, and the 4 men who want his title, man if they can treat all 4 as contenders for now, that's just great. I can see why Jericho got the win at Mania to look strong still to be in this contendership match, so maybe this will be like his final run of sorts, seeing as he's obviously slowing down, and his body isn't as up to the game as it has been in previous years. But, damn KO, Sami, Aj, and Jericho was a good looking moment.

Corbin looked pretty beast in his match vs Ziggler too. Love Ziggles, but if he sticks to what he's saying on quitting wrestling within the next two or so years, don't mind he puts other guys over who will be here for more years than he probably will be. Wouldn't be a bad starter feud for Corbin on the main roster either, my problem with the guy down there was so many squash matches were his forte....that it annoyed the hell out of me, this is what I wanted to see more of from him is a solid name to work with right out of the gate.

Then we got the IC title stuff, and things went boring for the second and into the third hour. I loved Zack getting the win, but the Miz...really???? THE GODDAMNED MIZ?! I'm glad Maryse might seemingly be back (because damn Maryse still looks fine), but **** the miz. Anyway I don't mind if this becomes a little title feud between them, but I kind of would like to see them pair Zack with his girl Emma, and not a good Emma, keep her as Evil Emma. The bad girl, who still does bad things, but does some good in bad ways for her lovable goof of a boyfriend. Not like it's a new concept, but hell I don't recall WWE running with something like that before, so I wouldn't mind seeing it. I mean she can even the odds for Zack, or "accidentally" (purposely) help him win matches without him realizing that she did so in any nefarious way, so he retains an aloof demeanor on it. Just, would be so much better than just Miz vs Ryder (since Miz is only as good as his opponent, and Zack really isn't a good wrestler, but is so likable).

Won't lie, the women's championship kind of continued the trend of I was bored during it, as Charlotte isn't able to handle crowds like that just yet, and it was just kind of off. I mean I guess nattie is first challenger or something? But, like I don't really care right now I guess, just kind of bored me with how it was planned out I guess.

Tables match as well was boring, more or less, maybe it was because Usos or maybe the last two segments (IC title + women's title thing), but crowd was really taken out of it too. However, the post commercial match with Enzo and Cass was awesome. Freakin' Enzo with his gift of gab as smacktalker skywalker was so on point the other night. Enzo and Cass working with the Dudleyz? I like this already.

Primo and Epico are back to being puerto ricans from puerto rico. I really hope that as they continue to do these, Carlito shows up. I think the only way I will care about these two is Carlito coming back to manage/lead them. Also, the Vaudes are gonna debut on Smackdown. I'm honestly surprised at this, because I always figured that they would be way too gimmicky to ever get a call up and would be used for NXT purposes, but damn I will enjoy this probably, even if most of the casual audience doesn't. I really enjoy Gotch and English, so maybe they can spin a way for it to work.

That main event though, was freakin awesome. Sami's out (hopefully the shoulder injury reported by others is really just a work), so what do you do? YOU THROW IN THE SWISS SUPERMAN CESARO WHO HAS BREAK AWAY SUITS NOW. If he can be included into WWE champion contendership for now too, please don't mess this stuff up WWE, even if we all know Roman would go over all of them, just to see these guys interact more towards the world title instead of nothing, would make my day. I was really surprised that AJ got the win, figured it would be KO or Jericho, but damn do I like the fact it's AJ.

-Raiga-

Then we got the IC title stuff, and things went boring for the second and into the third hour. I loved Zack getting the win, but the Miz...really???? THE GODDAMNED MIZ?! I'm glad Maryse might seemingly be back (because damn Maryse still looks fine), but **** the miz. Anyway I don't mind if this becomes a little title feud between them, but I kind of would like to see them pair Zack with his girl Emma, and not a good Emma, keep her as Evil Emma. The bad girl, who still does bad things, but does some good in bad ways for her lovable goof of a boyfriend. Not like it's a new concept, but hell I don't recall WWE running with something like that before, so I wouldn't mind seeing it. I mean she can even the odds for Zack, or "accidentally" (purposely) help him win matches without him realizing that she did so in any nefarious way, so he retains an aloof demeanor on it. Just, would be so much better than just Miz vs Ryder (since Miz is only as good as his opponent, and Zack really isn't a good wrestler, but is so likable).

I actually had the very same idea about a year ago. It was when Neville was still pretty credible but was clearly headed in no particular direction if they didn't do something quick. Simultaneously, Paige was a heel who didn't seem to have anything on her plate other than sporadic Divas title matches.

So I thought it would be great to give Neville, the goody 2 shoes who'd never accept a dirty victory....and who also happens to be not so likable on the mic, a heel mouthpiece in Paige. With the general idea that for a month or two she helps him win matches in ways he'd rather not, and he would constantly try to get her to change her ways. But after that he'd do a surprise heel turn and embrace...the hate.

I simply liked it because at the time, I couldn't understand why female valet's were not a thing anymore. Especially when during their initial run, Lana practically MADE Rusev.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'd enjoy Zack Ryder and evil Emma together on RAW. That would mean more heel Emma who I wish we got to see more of and her new heelish theme music.

Laser Shuckle

What!? You mean you guys aren't enthralled with Maryse helping Miz to win/retain off a distraction over and over and over again? Tough crowd.

Yeah, this story so far is looking like recycled garbage. How many times have we seen this exact same story just with different faces? I mean would it kill someone to come up with something new like what you guys mentioned even if it's just a one time thing for the Raw after Wrestlemania? Guy winning the title at said event and then losing it the very next night on Raw has been done to death so many times it's become nauseating. All I can say is I feel bad for Zach, because this has Orton vs Christian for the world title written all over it in that Zach probably won't win it back and will end up looking like a joke (again) by the end of this "feud"

Oh and did anyone else catch Triple H almost falling flat on his a$% during his Wrestlemania entrance? It looked like Steph or someone caught him just before.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

I'm split on the Zack(not zach laser ;p)/Miz dynamic right now. Because while I'll be the first to admit there are SERIOUS orton/christian vibes coming from it, I also do think that Ryder needs to be maintained in an underdog role at all times.

And while I wouldn't mind seeing them treat Ryder somewhat seriously and have had him go on to defend the title successfully for like 4 months straight, that's exactly down to the dot, what Kalisto is doing with the U.S. title, so there would be too much overlap there.

Alls I hope is that WWE sticks through it and continues making Zach matter for a couple months at least. He hasn't been getting nuclear reactions by any means, but they also just threw the guy into a big story out of nowhere when no one even knew he existed for a year, so they can't expect any better without working for it.

Laser Shuckle

I botched his name... Now I know how it felt to be Sin Cara! (minus the phallic T-shirt)

5 bucks says either Zack fails to regain the title or wins it back only to lose it again at his first title defense. What do you say?

-Raiga-

Even if it's only 5 bucks, I'm not betting against you on this one lol

I will say this though, if/when he loses to the Miz, there are in fact good things that can come of it. For one, Miz being a solid midcard heel makes him an excellent stepping stone for helping a newer face up their game. Sami Zayn comes to mind, he just arrived out of nowhere and needs a bit more explanation as to who he is and his existence, and I think a Miz feud would be a great way to do it. Best part about that feud? Owens has all the reason in the world to cost him winning the title, meaning Miz can retain and help yet another face along.

On the other side of the coin, it's the perfect fuel for a Zack Ryder heel turn. Having his dreams pulled out from under him after years of work, that is. And let's face it, the long island character is beyond played out, so something new (possibly with the inclusion of heel emma), could do wonders for the guy.

But more than likely he'll just lose and job out the rest of his career until he get's a concussion that retires him :/

celestial phantom

Yeah, as much as I want to like this because they'll be trying to give screen time to two guys who could actually use a fair bit of it whether you like or hate them, I just don't get a good feeling for this. Kind of gonna make me wanna rant on it if both Maryse and Emma don't get involved, seeing as it'll likely just be Maryse involved in it for now.

Was talking with others the other day and honestly I got started on a little bit of a rant of possible upcoming things, so I'm gonna make a wish list for future things to come, more or less based off the idea WWE might do a bit of talent clean up and release more people this year.

- Hornswoggle, WWE superstar page lists him as still on the roster, so can we let's free up some money space since the guy pretty much has no use to them unless we want more Torito vs Swoggle out of nowhere. Be a bit random, but before he gets released I would love to see some guys in a No DQ match start pulling weapons out from under the ring, just to stumble upon Hornswoggle and pull him out thinking, "What the hell are you still doing under there!?" and then just start to use him as a weapon to beat an opponent senseless. He's good to get released after that.

Going off the idea of using Hornswoggle as a blunt weapon in a match, it dawned on me that I would love to see Sheamus and Del Rio turn Rusev into a battering ram in a match at some point. Have him do his machka thing, and then they pick him up and start running him into their opponents. We'll call it the Rusev Rocket, or Rocketing Rusev, or Rusev Smash just to go along with Rusev Crush. Also when they do backstage segments, instead of going through a door normally, they enter by breaking down the walls with Rocket Rusev.

- Next point. As we were talking we moved onto the women's division and Brie Bella's retirement (it finally happened apparently), and they brought up Rosa. I sat there for a while thinking...Rosa....Rosa....oh right ROSA. They brought up that Rosa is currently the longest (or one of the longest) tenured Divas that they have. Surprising right? I mean I had forgotten her, but throwing out she'll finally be on the chopping block, just because, but this is part of the wishlist of let's trim the fat that they don't actually use in any way, shape, or form that actually adds to the shows (and she's not that good a valet, I mean if they want to do sex appeal and eye candy, they can go with someone else that's better probably off in developmental).

- Slightly a same point, but I was thinking we get all the divas to surround Eva Marie, put her in a cannon, and fire her out of the top of an open roof building. We pass it off as a stunt, and hopefully someone will have remembered to do the math and physics trajectories to know where to pinpoint a spot for an inflatable device so she can possibly land safely.

- Next up, we got Darren Young. At this point, I honestly can't think of a reason they are keeping him around on payroll, not even for jobber/superstars card status. I can't even think of anyone they could literally pair with him to make a new tag team, can we just make some space with this guy going already? I mean maybe they just want to break JTG's streak of longest employed guy we never use or see.

- Kalisto, US Championship, can we get something reworked here? I mean I guess having a latino champion is their way to cater to a demograph to trump up some sales, but I think I would rather take Del Rio as US Champion than Kalisto still. Honestly I would just throw the title to Ryback and let him build up some wins and a streak of beating up little guys or giving guys a shot just to whale through them. Then, after a few months he encounters the young upstart BOBBY BENJAMIN (Apollo Crews new name after people kept calling him the next Shelton or next Lashley, so he'll be both!). Let Bobby Benjamin rack up wins for now, and then start him off on a title journey for the US Championship. Crews has to work on a character and his mic skills and well his striking skills still, but he's got all the athleticism and enjoyment of watching him to hold "the lowest" singles title on the totem technically and work on his stuff.

- I'm thinking this might finally be the year. The year we get the swansong of at least Kane and Mark Henry. Rumor has it Shaq wants to fight Show at next year's mania, could it happen? Dunno, but knowing Vince he'll probably like the sound of adding a celebrity name already to next year's mania, meaning we might have to enjoy another year of young and upcoming super talent, the Big Show rising to another breakout year, by fighting another celebrity. (hope ya'll get the sarcasm on it) Show will likely be around, but I think by the time next mania ends, one of the other two will have officially retired. Maybe Kane will hold off on it til Taker does, I think that might be a fitting way for him to go is when Taker does, but who knows, I expect all three honestly to call it quits by the time the next mania ends, who knows, maybe Show will join them.

- I was gonna throw in the Colon Cousins here to be put on the we can probably chop them from the roster after never being too entertaining, but they're back to being Puerto Ricans themselves instead of bullfighters, so I'm still gonna hope they surprise us and bring Carlito with them. If not, how long do you think we'll see this experiment last? I don't think very long.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just heard the news a little bit ago about Joanie Laurer/Chyna. She was only 45 years old....RIP Joanie.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
RIP Chyna. The first woman to hold the IC belt and the only one that I can think of. A legendary female wrestler.

celestial phantom

It's pretty sad to see Chyna go, respect what she did, though I never really cared too much for her during her run. Looking back the most I can remember about her is how broken she was in the WWF No Mercy game for the N64 back in the day as I grew up, she was like the bane that showed up and just killed me off for no reason in a match other than she countered everything I did lol. So, RIP Chyna.

Also, don't think any of us got to say this, but RIP Balls Mahoney too, he passed away sometime last week, literally a day after his birthday, so that sucks.....BALLS. Even though he was never a big star or anything, I really liked Mahoney just because he seemed like one of those lovable goofs in the ring and out of it. He's with his fellow Hardcore Chair Swingin' Freak Axl Rotten now (really sucks that they both passed this year and within 2 months of each other).

Same goes out to Blackjack Mulligan, though old guys you tend to expect any day now though. Still sucks for a legend to go.

Gonna take the time to just throw one more out to a British Indy guy that I liked watching from time to time that I learned about only like a week or so ago due to Cody Rhodes twitter and seeing some of his tweets from the last couple weeks, but RIP to Kris Travis. A young guy who had to stop his dream because of a developing cancer, but was a guy I really liked watching videos of the British Indy scene over the last few years. This one for me sucked the most to learn about. These last 30 days have been pretty bad with these four going.

Sorry kind of turned the thread into a bit more of a RIP thread with this, but figured it was at least complimentary to them. Gonna miss Travis and Balls, hate that Chyna's gone and maybe....just maybe one day she can get the HOF induction she deserves even if what she said post firing and what she's, uh, done that's not so family friendly to the image, but hell Godfather got in and last I checked pimps aren't family friendly, same for a guy like Abdullah...who never appeared for the E and still somehow is part of it. I mean c'mon, one day maybe.

Laser Shuckle

Why don't we talk about that absolute joke of a "title reign" they gave Ryder. Oh man I feel bad for the guy. I thought surely he'd atleast hold the belt or contend for it until the next PPV but not only did he lose it the next night (to the Miz no less...) they completely dropped the whole angle.

So that win was utterly pointless, other than to give him a "wrestlemania moment" so transparent that I think a fan jumping the barricade could've had a bigger impact. It's sad because winning that title clearly meant something to him, and yet I can't fathom why they would screw with any talent like that, especially since Miz and Cesaro have never been priorities for them in the past either.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Shane should have defeated Undertaker at mania. That's the only way to justify him running RAW. He should have beaten him with help from whoever and thus the controversy of who runs RAW or whatever. Because there was no downside to that match now because Shane's running RAW anyway even though he lost. I officially dislike their Wrestlemania match because of the story now. I'm fine with Shane running RAW but if you were going to have him run RAW he should have won at mania or not put up that stupid stipulation to begin with.

-Raiga-

First PPV in a long time I have no issue saying I enjoyed the majority of. Solid pre-show matches(ryback upping that troll game big time), zayn/owens was good, women's match was solid(ending didn't both me the way it does some apparently, natalya should not be the women's champ in 2016), vince/steph/shane promo was good albeit a lackluster end, and the main event was hot and a good bout.

I'm sure if one over analyses it you can find tons of flaws or issues, but I think it was just fine. Hopefully the momentum keeps going forward.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Am I going to get hated on for saying I actually enjoyed Reigns vs AJ? That was a damn good main event. I was obviously rooting for AJ to win, but it was still a great match.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
First PPV in a long time I have no issue saying I enjoyed the majority of. Solid pre-show matches(ryback upping that troll game big time), zayn/owens was good, women's match was solid(ending didn't both me the way it does some apparently, natalya should not be the women's champ in 2016), vince/steph/shane promo was good albeit a lackluster end, and the main event was hot and a good bout.

I'm sure if one over analyses it you can find tons of flaws or issues, but I think it was just fine. Hopefully the momentum keeps going forward.

Really? Between the scary injury Enzo suffered and the main event, I was really down on Payback overall. There was some good stuff in the middle, but the beginning and ending were rough.

I think the term "buried" gets thrown around a lot when it maybe shouldn't, but Roman BURIED AJ last night. Not only did he take everything AJ had, but he took the Bullet Club's attack and finisher, too. And AJ didn't even do the "No, I won't win like this!" thing after they assaulted him; he went straight after Reigns, and Reigns STILL won.

It made AJ look positively pathetic. He couldn't even beat Reigns with a 3-on-1 advantage... why would I EVER believe he can beat him now? Why even bother with a rematch at this point? We know AJ can't win. If Roman had just barely survived AJ after a long match, sure. But He shrugged off three guys.

To me, Payback was just WWE saying "Buckle in everyone, here's the next 10+ years. Roman as a perpetual babyface, going over everybody all the time".