• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
If you would've told me that these two were going to face off for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship 8 years ago I would call you crazy. These two are likely to have match of the night at SummerSlam.

Knowing WWE they might ruin the feud like what they did with the AJ/Nakamura feud. AJ and Samoa Joe will have a solid match for sure but I’m skeptics about the build up.

-Raiga-

Knowing WWE they might ruin the feud like what they did with the AJ/Nakamura feud. AJ and Samoa Joe will have a solid match for sure but I’m skeptics about the build up.

Ugh, I'm growing tired of IWC members being absolutely unwilling to admit any blame on behalf of the talent. Every thing that goes wrong is always 100% managements fault.

The reality is, is that Nakamura simply isn't as good as he was billed. The company gave him SO much. They gave him a RR win and WM main event, even though his prior performances nor roster tenure warranted it.

And then they gave him and Styles what, like 3+ MONTHS to make the feud/matches interesting?

I don't care how lackluster Naka's TV build initially was, good talent finds a way. And his opponent AJ is proof of that. A guy with next to no mic skills, who was tried to be put down to the midcard after his debut. But he'd made believers out of everyone simply with good matches.

Silent_Jay

Ugh, I'm growing tired of IWC members being absolutely unwilling to admit any blame on behalf of the talent. Every thing that goes wrong is always 100% managements fault.

The reality is, is that Nakamura simply isn't as good as he was billed. The company gave him SO much. They gave him a RR win and WM main event, even though his prior performances nor roster tenure warranted it.

And then they gave him and Styles what, like 3+ MONTHS to make the feud/matches interesting?

I don't care how lackluster Naka's TV build initially was, good talent finds a way. And his opponent AJ is proof of that. A guy with next to no mic skills, who was tried to be put down to the midcard after his debut. But he'd made believers out of everyone simply with good matches.
Nakamura is much better than how he is portrayed in WWE right now. Just look at some of his NJPW or even NXT work. The King of Strong Style > The Artist.

I disagree with that AJ Styles point. AJ was always going to be where he is and never was going to stay in the mid-card for long. He was down there for a reason. Afterall, after leaving NJPW to go to WWE, he went straight to the main roster and not NXT like most others. I can't even think off the top of my head who else has done that in recent years without having previous in WWE (no THAT time doesn't count) or being a legend (Sting).

-Raiga-

Nakamura is much better than how he is portrayed in WWE right now. Just look at some of his NJPW or even NXT work. The King of Strong Style > The Artist.

I disagree with that AJ Styles point. AJ was always going to be where he is and never was going to stay in the mid-card for long. He was down there for a reason. Afterall, after leaving NJPW to go to WWE, he went straight to the main roster and not NXT like most others. I can't even think off the top of my head who else has done that in recent years without having previous in WWE (no THAT time doesn't count) or being a legend (Sting).

I have watched Nakamura's NXT work, and that's more to my point of him being a disappointment than it is a defense of him.

There was absolutely nothing worth rewatching of his NXT run. In fact I remember him a Joe frequently having the worst match of the night on big events like Takeovers.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
How dare Charlotte Flair! How dare she steal Becky Lynch's thunder? Becky has worked hard to get that title match at Summerslam, but the monkeys in the back just want to keep holding her down and insert Charlotte into the mix. I have no problem with Charlotte but how dare she. This could lead to a heel turn for one of them, but it also decreases Becky's chances of winning at Summerslam. The monkeys obviously want Charlotte and Rousey as champions for their Evolution PPV. Hmph.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
SummerSlam is the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. WWE is going to try to leverage all the publicity they get for this by pushing well known wrestlers. The average person has no idea who Becky Lynch is, but they hear the name FLAIR and they think of Ric and the good times when they were kids. Same reason for Rousey...she was a UFC fighter that has mainstream appeal.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Soooooooooo the G1 ended and wow only Tana could make me not feel bummed for not getting Omega/Ibushi at the dome after my heart was so set on it. GO ACE!

Oh and Summerslam is next week cool I guess. Kinda curious on what happens to the Universal title because of a very high chance of shenanigans and Deano probably coming back could be cool but aside from that, eh good card but not invested. My interest is mostly focused on the next Joey Janela show because PCO/Riddle and seeing Teddy Hart show up and moonsault until he vomits.

wrestling's cool

The Mega Champion

You HATERS have absolutely nothing to worry about.

It's pretty damn clear that it really doesn't matter who wins in the Reigns/Lesnar match.

Because whoever the MITB holder is at the time, they are cashing in and winning the title at SummerSlam. You can pretty much guarantee it.

Why the WWE ***holes have given up on Reigns is beyond me but clearly the fan reactions have finally gotten to them. So yeah. Nothing for you HATERS to worry about.

:mad:

WWE was great this week. Dean Ambrose finally returning is amazing, the promo Dolph cut beforehand was one of the best thing I’ve ever seen, the Smackdown Women’s Title picture is getting better and better, and Miz vs Daniel has always been awesome (pun intended). I first started watching wrestling around this time last year because of the compelling feuds around SummerSlam time, and I can say that if I had started watching this year instead of last year, I would still have become hooked really fast. The last time I was this excited for a PPV was the Royal Rumble, and that was a while ago and only for 2-3 matches. Nearly every match on the SummerSlam card looks good - the ones with less stakes are still good matchups in general, and the only thing I’m completely apathetic on is Roman vs Brock because it should’ve happened four months ago (and even then the promo for it this week was actually quite good heel work from Paul and Brock, which is something I wasn’t expecting to say until I saw it).

So yeah this business is damn good and this gal is damn happy.

But still give Tyler Breeze a chance goddamnit

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
You HATERS have absolutely nothing to worry about.

It's pretty damn clear that it really doesn't matter who wins in the Reigns/Lesnar match.

Because whoever the MITB holder is at the time, they are cashing in and winning the title at SummerSlam. You can pretty much guarantee it.

Why the WWE ***holes have given up on Reigns is beyond me but clearly the fan reactions have finally gotten to them. So yeah. Nothing for you HATERS to worry about.

:mad:
I lolz at this.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Ignoring the Roman Reigns argument that never ends, lets talk about smackdown.

I'm hoping Samoa Joe wins over AJ Styles. Dont have anything against Styles, but he's been Champion for awhile. I also like Joe slightly more anyway ;)

Also hope New Day wins the Tag Titles again. Bludgeon Brothers were interesting at first, now they are just kind of there

Last edited:

Herdheaven

Final Summerslam Predictions:
Pre Show: B Team Retains
New Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak
Andrade and Zelina

Balor Vs Corbin: Balor
Bludgeon Vs New Day: New Day ( I hate it though)
Strowman Vs Owens: Owens wins Money in the Bank
Shinsuke Vs Hardy: Shinsuke retains due to Randy Orton
Ziggler VS Rollins: Ziggler retains due to Dean Heel turn.
Bryan Vs Miz: Miz... This isn’t over yet.
Carmella Vs Becky Vs Charlotte (I wish Asuka was in this match ): Becky wins... Heel turn??
Alexa Vs Ronda: Ronda I would rather Bliss retain
AJ Vs Samoa Joe: AJ.... He’s going to have the title a while.
Brock Vs Roman: Brock retains... Cash in on Monday....

Let’s see how close I am. I am pumped lol.

Nxt Takeover:
Shayna Vs Kairi: Kairi ( I love my Asian people!)
EC3 Vs Velveteen Dream: I’m going EC3. It’s been a while since his last big win. I think it could be either though.
Undisputed Vs Mustache Mountain: Undisputed retains. Maybe a DQ from War Raiders?
Adam Cole Vs Ricochet: I would love if Ricochet won but I think Adam Cole retains.
Ciampa Vs Gargano: Ciampa... Sets up the final match between the two where Gargano wins NXT title. Three stages of Hell match??? That would be a perfect conclusion to their story...

Possible call ups to main roster: Nikki Cross, Alister Black ( After Injury), and Shayna Baszler

-Raiga-

I agree with most of your predictions. I don't see Owens winning the MITB briefcase though, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, I think the match only exists in the first place as a way to build intrigue in the contract, and give Strowman something to do.

Secondly, why switch the contact to Owens when they could have given it to him in the ladder match originally?

Thirdly, Strowman holding onto it just fits my prediction of the main event. I think that WWE is finally going to turn Roman full blown heel, and that they're hoping to basically transfer Brock's top heel status to Roman on his way out.

So by having an uber babyface like Strowman cash in mid match(a la Rollins), which then actually allows Roman to win the title without beating Brock clean(which he's never been able to do before of course), you have a new top heel, and a top Babyface in Strowman with a legitimate gripe with said heel, who can both feud over the next few months.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
A overall good PPV except 2-3 squash matches and the main event.

-Raiga-

A overall good PPV except 2-3 squash matches and the main event.

What was wrong with the main event? I thought it was extremely clever booking all the way around. Roman gets the title without looking weak, Brock loses without looking weak, and Strowman still has the MITB without looking weak. Pretty effective if you ask me.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Yeah Roman winning the title is great but how about Becky Lynch beating the hell out of Charlotte as the crowd roared and then they showed a closeup of Charlotte crying and they booed the hell out of her

@Platinum fan. ya gurl was the best part of the whole show, discuss

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Becky Lynch was the hero of Summerslam! I don't even care that she didn't win the title that night. Save that for Evolution. Becky destroying Charlotte made me smile. I'm rewatching it right now as I'm typing this. Justice was served. It doesn't matter if she's a babyface or a heel, I am team Becky. I don't even care that Brock's title reign is finally over, all I care about is Becky right now.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
What was wrong with the main event? I thought it was extremely clever booking all the way around. Roman gets the title without looking weak, Brock loses without looking weak, and Strowman still has the MITB without looking weak. Pretty effective if you ask me.

I wasn't too psych for the main event. I see the point of having Braun out there so people doesn't walk out on the match and invest on the match believing Strowman is going to cash in the contract right after. After Brock attacked Strowman with the chair I knew for sure that Roman is gonna win it all.

Yeah Roman winning the title is great but how about Becky Lynch beating the hell out of Charlotte as the crowd roared and then they showed a closeup of Charlotte crying and they booed the hell out of her

@Platinum fan. ya gurl was the best part of the whole show, discuss

I lol'd when Becky turned heel and the crowd was all hyped for it. The crowd is already against Charlotte for winning the Smackdown Women Title even those "tears" isn't gonna save her lol.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

I didn't post in here sooner because I was pretty sure the WWE ***holes were going to do a successful MITB cash in.

And yet... well...

There's only one thing I can really do at this point. AND IT'S PERFECT.

tumblr_o56bpt4wxH1shsq9jo2_400.gif

OH DON'T MIND ME.

I'M JUST BATHING IN ALL YOUR BS WHINY COMPLAINTS.

SIGNATURE UPDATED.

I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY.

*stands and applauds and doesn't care that I'm the only one doing it*