• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Okay... can someone please explain to me what the hell WWE is doing? Why would they gift Charlotte the SmackDown Women's Title this close to WrestleMania?!

Are both titles going to be on the line at WrestleMania? If so, what happens if Charlotte wins? Double champions for both brands isn't exactly what they should be doing. I, for one, am happy with a women's champion for both RAW and SmackDown!

I seriously just do not understand what the hell WWE is doing and if someone could explain it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
With Wrestlemania 35 having the first female main event I assume they want to have all their marbles in that bag. In all honesty it makes sense to have Charlotte Flair be the SmackDown Women’s Champion over Asuka because Charlotte is in the match. With Asuka it’s not going to benefit her by defending the title against Mandy Rose (although I do believe she’ll be champion someday), Sonya Deville, Lacey Evans or anyone else on the roster at WrestleMania. As bad as this is for Asuka right now it serves the overall purpose better for her to not be champion right now.

The Mega Champion

I'm not going to comment in support or opposition of this, but this probably deserves sharing on here for the rest of you if you feel like commenting about it.

Have fun I guess.

-Raiga-

It's just not something any of us, Oliver included, have enough info to take any kind of stance on. This proven by all of their points being either from decade+ old wrestler interviews(wrestlers who were from the drug abusing eras of wrestling), or salty modern wrestlers like Punk who self admittedly pushed themselves when they could have stopped.

I also don't think the discussion takes into account just how wildly different wrestling is than anything else. WWE is a business that makes money based on personalities. And while one personality may be hot for a couple months, making the company a lot of money, they might be a jobber the rest of their career. And so it's simply financially unfeasible for a company to provide healthcare for every single developmental and beyond wrestler they hire, when the majority of them won't make the company a dime.

Also conveniently ignores how like, no other wrestling federation in history offered health care either.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Man I'm really enjoying the Kofi Kingston/Daniel Bryan feud. It's been gold! Hopefully Kofi wins the gold he deserves it! He's a great performer. I love heel Daniel Bryan so much.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Out of all the black wrestlers you could go with as WWE Champion you go with the sellout Kofi Queenston!?

Booker T
Ron Simmons
Bobby Lashley
Shelton Benjamin
Mark Henry
Ahmed Johnson
Titus O'Neil
Ricochet

2f7.png

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I curious Which, If any, Title's will be given back to their old Wrestlers on Raw and Smackdown.

I assume at least Ryder and Hawkins will lose the Tag Titles on Raw.

I also imagine Kofi will bring back the old WWE Title. Instead of Bryan's Cardboard one

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Who is the undisputed Women's champion? That person is Becky Lynch! Slaying Ronda and Flair at Wrestlemania and taking both their belts. It's about time WWE realized the greatness that is Becky Lynch. This is her world now and she won the big one on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania! It feels good to be a Becky fan even before they began her push. Add in Kofi winning and Brock Lesnar losing and this was all I can ask for. I guess my hiatus is over. Time to start watching RAW again. Becky Lynch Forever!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So are they going to unite all the Titles again?

Kofi challenged Seth and Becky has both woman's titles.

Det. Viper

Out of all the black wrestlers you could go with as WWE Champion you go with the sellout Kofi Queenston!?

Since the fans have been completely behind him since Elimination Chamber I would think it’s a good fit. Remember this same thing happened to Daniel Bryan five years ago?

I also imagine Kofi will bring back the old WWE Title. Instead of Bryan's Cardboard one

They brought out the original title immediately after the match was over.

So are they going to unite all the Titles again?

Kofi challenged Seth and Becky has both woman's titles.

Luckily that match ended in DQ. Ending the brand split now would make zero sense. I imagine Becky will lose one of the titles soon enough.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Since the fans have been completely behind him since Elimination Chamber I would think it’s a good fit. Remember this same thing happened to Daniel Bryan five years ago?
Those fans are idiots they support suspect behavior.Daniel Bryan isn't black and never had to do anything suspect such as dressing up in unicorns,shaking your a**,taking pancakes out of your crotch,talking about booty juice and bootyos cereal.I think they made him champion because he's non threatening.Bobby Lashley,Booker T,Mark Henry should have already been WWE Champion.

Det. Viper

Those fans are idiots they support suspect behavior.Daniel Bryan isn't black and never had to do anything suspect such as dressing up in unicorns,shaking your a**,taking pancakes out of your crotch,talking about booty juice and bootyos cereal.I think they made him champion because he's non threatening.Bobby Lashley,Booker T,Mark Henry should have already been WWE Champion.
Calling the fans idiots seems out of line here. Those watching and/or attending the shows have every right to cheer—or not cheer—for their favorite. You don’t have to be a Kofi Kingston fan if you don’t like him. As for the unicorn horns... I agree that they are childish but their market is families so I can’t be too upset over that. The shaking and throwing of pancakes is definitely Big E and not Kofi. Booty juice? Haven’t heard that one. Booty O cereal was just them being stupid until the “they make sure you ain’t booty” slogan got popular which made WWE produce the actual cereal. Can’t blame them for wanting to make money. Plus the cereal isn’t all that bad. As for making Kofi champion, he won because of his popularity with the audience. If the people who fill your arenas want Kofi then what makes the most business sense is to give them Kofi. Bobby Lashley is on Raw, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is on SmackDown so Lashley can’t be champion while Booker T and Mark Henry are retired.

Det. Viper

What was your excuse when they were on a brand centered around the wwe championship and weren't retired?
Not really my excuse since I have never worked there. Booker T came into WWE right after they bought WCW and I doubt WWE wanted to push talent from the competition right away. Also, Booker T was on Raw with the World Heavyweight Championship and then moved to SmackDown when the title was also moved there. Booker T didn’t have a lot of opportunities at it since him and that title were never together... but he had a very memorable reign as World Heavyweight Champion before he left for TNA. And Mark Henry got a reign as World Champ and ECW Champ. Again, he wasn’t around the WWE title that much but did get an awesome title match against Cena. Henry and Booker both had great, memorable careers and not winning the title doesn’t make their Hall of Fame careers any less impressive.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Not really my excuse since I have never worked there. Booker T came into WWE right after they bought WCW and I doubt WWE wanted to push talent from the competition right away. Also, Booker T was on Raw with the World Heavyweight Championship and then moved to SmackDown when the title was also moved there. Booker T didn’t have a lot of opportunities at it since him and that title were never together... but he had a very memorable reign as World Heavyweight Champion before he left for TNA. And Mark Henry got a reign as World Champ and ECW Champ. Again, he wasn’t around the WWE title that much but did get an awesome title match against Cena. Henry and Booker both had great, memorable careers and not winning the title doesn’t make their Hall of Fame careers any less impressive.
But Booker T is a 5 time WCW Champion he should have at least been given a WWE title reign regardless of where he was at,if he was on Smackdown they could have drafted him to Raw where the WWE belt was being held.Seeing how Sting's career turned out in Impact Wrestling it wouldn't make sense to not give him a WWE title reign if he were to go straight to the WWE after WCW ended like Book did.I can say the same thing for Mark Henry they could have just drafted him to Raw or Smackdown where the WWE title was being held.

Winning the World Heavyweight Championship is less impressive and less valuable than winning the WWE Championship because it was always treated as their secondary belt.Kofi being the first black WWE champion since The Rock is ridiculous,the guy is a sellout and is a tag team/mid card level wrestler at best,even before he joined New Day I never thought he deserved to win that title.There's no excuse you can make as to why Booker T,Mark Henry and Bobby Lashley couldn't win the WWE title.Bobby Lashley is one of the most legit talents the WWE's ever had next to Brock Lesnar.He has a military background/amateur wrestling background/mma background and the best you can do is give him the ECW title and United States title?!Bobby Lashley vs Brock Lesnar >>> Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar PERIOD!!

The Mega Champion

I'm probably the only one who feels this way... again... but honestly...

For the Superstar Shakeup the best thing that could happen to Roman Reigns is to go to SmackDown. This is because both him and Rollins are supposed to be 'faces' and I really don't want to see them force one of them to become a 'heel' so I, for one, think the best thing for them to do is to separate Rollins and Reigns.

Just me obviously though.

Det. Viper

So the superstar shake up has completed and there were a few notable moves.

To Raw: AJ Styles, The Miz, Aleister Black, Ricochet, War Raiders/Viking Experience, Rey Mysterio

To SmackDown: Roman Reigns, Finn Bálor, Bayley, Kairi Sane, Ember Moon

Cedric Alexander and Buddy Murphy both have been moved from the talent strapped 205 Live. Chad Gable went to Raw when a better suit for him would be 205 Live.

Also with Bálor on SmackDown now both IC and US titles are on SmackDown. It’ll be interesting to see how one of those two titles moves back to Raw. Another thing that happened was Sanity being broken up with Eric Young moving to Raw and the Riott Squad being done with Liv Morgan going to SmackDown. Nikki Cross and Heavy Machinery have yet to find a home (as of posting).

What I’ll say is the biggest disappointment for me is EC3 going to Raw. I honestly think SmackDown would be the better fit for him right now. Being there would afford him the opportunities to show what he can do in the ring and on the mic. He’s such an underrated talent and I believe he’ll become lost in the shuffle there.