• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So who's all looking forward to watching AEW Dynamite tomorrow night? I'm excited. I still watch WWE, but it will be nice to have an alternative to watch. Friday Night Smackdown this Friday should be a good one!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm going to watch AEW. It comes on before NXT. So I can watch both. I saw NXT last week for the first time. I'm excited to see AEW because it will be a new format of wrestling different then WWE. I'm not saying I'm no longer watching WWE of course. I mean Becky is still on WWE so of course I'm staying, but it will be nice to have a alternative again. TNA use to be that alternative, I hope AEW's good.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I've stalled asking for advice for this long enough.

Since were back to WCW vs WWE again except now it's AEW vs WWE... what should I do?

Back when WCW vs WWE was going on I watched both. So should I do the same again? I'm trying to determine if I should watch NXT or AEW. I tried watching NXT once and really didn't like it honestly.

So what should I do? Basically... what I'm asking for is advice/suggestions.

AEW? Or NXT?
If you didn’t like NXT chances are you won’t like AEW. NXT uses simplistic storylines, makes the titles matter and traditionally has the best matches out of the 5 (there’s really 5? Damn) brands. NXT UK pulls a close second to the in ring action. AEW will likely follow the same simplistic format: championships matter and put on the best wrestling possible. Raw and SmackDown follow more entertainment based stories and just above average matches. And it might be the entertainment/TV show-like stories that makes you interested in wrestling.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Apparently I got it wrong. NXT and AEW are coming on at the same time. AEW just has a special on before the Wednesday night war. Still watching AEW since I watched NXT last week and I want to see what AEW can do.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I really enjoyed AEW Dynamite last night! Cody versus Sammy Guevera was a very strong opening match! Nyla Rose vs Riho was a very strong women's championship match. I'm definitely a fan of MJF. He's a good in ring worker and his promos are pure gold. He's a monster heel! The main event was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Overall this was a pretty good showing for AEW in my opinion. I was entertained, and I look forward to more!

The Mega Champion

Everyone kept recommending AEW to me so I went ahead and watched it. Though I still feel like I did something sacrilegious... :confused:

It was... okay honestly. Definitely better than what I was expecting it to be.

Though then again maybe I'm just too used to watching WWE so I don't know how to handle watching something else.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
What is Vince's infatuation with Brock Lesnar constantly holding a WWE Championship hostage?

I feel sorry for Kofi Kingston.

Det. Viper

What is Vince's infatuation with Brock Lesnar constantly holding a WWE Championship hostage?

I feel sorry for Kofi Kingston.
This time it was done at the request of Fox. Brock Lesnar is a name most sports fans recognize so Fox requested he be made champion on the switch to their network. But I do understand the frustration with him being a champion

The Mega Champion

For me... the SmackDown episode was pretty decent.

UNTIL THE END THAT IS.

Welp... guess there's only one thing for me to do at this point...

#SAVEUSROMAN

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This time it was done at the request of Fox. Brock Lesnar is a name most sports fans recognize so Fox requested he be made champion on the switch to their network. But I do understand the frustration with him being a champion

You're absolutely correct, I was wrong. I was just reading reports earlier that this was a Fox decision. So Vince is in the clear on this one.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm not joking, when I watched Smackdown's main event, I knew it would be short, but I literally went to grab a pen on my desk when the match started. When I looked away to get it and looked back at the TV the match was over and Lesnar was the champion. I laughed at how bad this was. I knew Brock was going to win but you ended Kofi's run in a squash match? Also I have no interest in Brock vs whoever that MMA guy is. I don't watch MMA. So I'm guessing Lesnar will be holding the belt till mania again. A new era? Feels like the same one to me.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow, the finish for Hell in a Cell was aweful. I mean, the match itself was amazing in my opinion, but the way the match ended was just so lame. Ugh, why Vince....Why? That match could have ended up being something special. The fans were chanting "AEW" and "we want refunds" after the match ended. I can't blame the fans for being upset.

Det. Viper

Wow, the finish for Hell in a Cell was aweful. I mean, the match itself was amazing in my opinion, but the way the match ended was just so lame. Ugh, why Vince....Why? That match could have ended up being something special. The fans were chanting "AEW" and "we want refunds" after the match ended. I can't blame the fans for being upset.
Agreed. The buildup for the match was great. Bray Wyatt as The Fiend is one of the best things in WWE right now. The fans truly love the new character of his and it’s the best supernatural character they developed since Undertaker.

Then WWE booked themselves into a corner. In The Fiend’s second match they have him in Hell in a Cell for the title. Wyatt is in a position where he cannot lose and with Rollins as the top guy of the company right now is also in a position where he cannot lose. They needed an out where both looked good but Rollins was still the champ and Wyatt did not lose. And then they came up with the DQ finish for a No DQ match... What? There’s other ways of making this match end the way it needed to and DQ was definitely not the way to go.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Agreed. The buildup for the match was great. Bray Wyatt as The Fiend is one of the best things in WWE right now. The fans truly love the new character of his and it’s the best supernatural character they developed since Undertaker.

Then WWE booked themselves into a corner. In The Fiend’s second match they have him in Hell in a Cell for the title. Wyatt is in a position where he cannot lose and with Rollins as the top guy of the company right now is also in a position where he cannot lose. They needed an out where both looked good but Rollins was still the champ and Wyatt did not lose. And then they came up with the DQ finish for a No DQ match... What? There’s other ways of making this match end the way it needed to and DQ was definitely not the way to go.

I couldn't agree more! Bray Wyatt as the Fiend is one of the best things in WWE right now by far. I absolutely love the Firefly Funhouses. The Fiend is a mysterious character like the Undertaker, but having a split personality makes the Fiend even more crazy and mysterious.

Since Seth is the top guy right now, and they really don't want Bray to lose, having them face each other this soon for the championship in Hell in a Cell was a pretty bad decision in my opinion. Honestly, having a DQ finish in a Hell in a Cell match just hurts the mystique of the Hell in a Cell match.

Hopefully this bad finish can get put in the past.

The Mega Champion

Reactions to full villain Bayley?

As for me... I'm kind of intrigued as to what 'villain' Bayley will look like. lol.

So far... all she's done is called everyone a ***** and also told everyone to screw off. :eek:

Det. Viper

Reactions to full villain Bayley?

As for me... I'm kind of intrigued as to what 'villain' Bayley will look like. lol.

So far... all she's done is called everyone a ***** and also told everyone to screw off. :eek:
She also debuted a new look, new entrance music and completely destroyed her wacky-waving-inflatable-arm-flailing-tune-men. I think it’s great. Plus with Sasha Banks moving over to SmackDown full time she’ll have a partner-in-crime to keep the heat on her.

Bayley is definitely playing the cocky heel and it works for me. Most people don’t like being called a b**** or being told to screw off but Bayley then backs it up in the ring. We saw that Friday when Bayley won back the SmackDown title. I think this new character of hers is great.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm liking this new change for Bayley.

A lot of my favorite wrestlers were drafted to Raw. The Fiend will be on Friday nights he's my favorite SmackDown pick. It looks like the Fiend vs Seth rematch will happen at Crown Jewell. If Seth drops the belt that means the WWE Champion (Brock Lesnar) and the Universal Champion (the Fiend) would be on SmackDown. SmackDown would have both main champions. I doubt this happens unless they have plans of unifying the championships again.

AEW had another very strong showing. I'm stoked for Cody vs Jericho. They will tear the house down.

Laser Shuckle

Yeah I don't come here anymore, but just had to post and say I'm still really sad about this Bray Vs Seth feud… Or really it's just WWE vs the fans no. 5,091 but feels far worse this time because imo Bray Wyatt/The Fiend has or still is the best thing we've seen from them in nearly a decade, and yet in truly mind boggling fashion they manage to f**k it up royally in a single night? How the hell do you manage to book a finish to a match that not only makes the stipulation but EVERYONE, including the fans look like a complete f**king joke? It's been weeks and it's still astonishing how horribly they booked that Hell in a Cell match. Literally the worst booked match I've ever seen and I've been watching for 10 years now, even the Rumble where Roman won with the Rock raising his hand was easier to stomach than this.

This is the first time I've genuinely been saddened by a PPV/match outcome. One of the only times if not the only where I've seen fans chant for a match to be restarted and for refunds during the action. Wyatt has the potential to be the next Undertaker type character but more modern with more layers/intrigue and they damn near single handedly kill him in one night, not to mention Seth somehow looks even worse after having his finisher fail to work so many times and looking like a confused fool toward the end (and a complete idiot company shill on social media..)

So what do they do in response? Of course instead of switching gears we get more senseless garbage like Seth burning down the funhouse (which looked terrible production-wise with the whole thing looking like a cheap set) and now yet another match between the two at one of the lamest events possible with one of the dumbest stipulations ever conceived. Literally WWE is billing it as a "Falls count anywhere match that can't be stopped for any reason" So then how will a pinfall or submission count as the end of that match? Lol.. You mean I'm supposed to expect that the referee isn't allowed to stop the match like last time but he's allowed to stop it if the other guy taps or he counts to three? Just completely insulting, idiotic nonsense all the way around.

I've tried to give WWE more of a chance since they got it so right with Bray/The Fiend up until that disaster of a show but after that Cell match? Very hard to bother caring now. Especially with the terrible job they've been doing booking it after the fact. If they had any sense Vince should've stepped down if he did indeed book that trash, and Wyatt and Seth should've ended right there along with Hell in a Cell as an annual PPV. Just complete moron(s) running this company it seems, still bitter and disappointed.

-Raiga-

Yeah I don't come here anymore, but just had to post and say I'm still really sad about this Bray Vs Seth feud… Or really it's just WWE vs the fans no. 5,091 but feels far worse this time because imo Bray Wyatt/The Fiend has or still is the best thing we've seen from them in nearly a decade, and yet in truly mind boggling fashion they manage to f**k it up royally in a single night? How the hell do you manage to book a finish to a match that not only makes the stipulation but EVERYONE, including the fans look like a complete f**king joke? It's been weeks and it's still astonishing how horribly they booked that Hell in a Cell match. Literally the worst booked match I've ever seen and I've been watching for 10 years now, even the Rumble where Roman won with the Rock raising his hand was easier to stomach than this.

This is the first time I've genuinely been saddened by a PPV/match outcome. One of the only times if not the only where I've seen fans chant for a match to be restarted and for refunds during the action. Wyatt has the potential to be the next Undertaker type character but more modern with more layers/intrigue and they damn near single handedly kill him in one night, not to mention Seth somehow looks even worse after having his finisher fail to work so many times and looking like a confused fool toward the end (and a complete idiot company shill on social media..)

So what do they do in response? Of course instead of switching gears we get more senseless garbage like Seth burning down the funhouse (which looked terrible production-wise with the whole thing looking like a cheap set) and now yet another match between the two at one of the lamest events possible with one of the dumbest stipulations ever conceived. Literally WWE is billing it as a "Falls count anywhere match that can't be stopped for any reason" So then how will a pinfall or submission count as the end of that match? Lol.. You mean I'm supposed to expect that the referee isn't allowed to stop the match like last time but he's allowed to stop it if the other guy taps or he counts to three? Just completely insulting, idiotic nonsense all the way around.

I've tried to give WWE more of a chance since they got it so right with Bray/The Fiend up until that disaster of a show but after that Cell match? Very hard to bother caring now. Especially with the terrible job they've been doing booking it after the fact. If they had any sense Vince should've stepped down if he did indeed book that trash, and Wyatt and Seth should've ended right there along with Hell in a Cell as an annual PPV. Just complete moron(s) running this company it seems, still bitter and disappointed.

What's really weird about the finish to HIAC is why they chose to do a non-finish in the first place. WAs there really any harm in just throwing the title on Bray right off the bat? They're treating Bray like he's some hot new green talent they aren't sure they can trust, when he's been with them 5+ years and already held the title.

They're concerned with protecting Seth after just beating Brock, but the more you make Bray look out to be a monster on an entire different level, the less Seth looks "worse" in comparison. It's not really difficult to have had the Fiend annihilate Seth, win the title, and then have Seth rematch regular Mr.Rogers forme Bray the following Raw and recapture then title. You then have the title back on Seth, and have established The Fiend as unstoppable.

And now they're going to try fix the booking in the worst place on earth to do it, Saudia Arabia. Did they not watch the reception to Roman vs. Brock there? You can't advance pivotal storylines, in front of a crowd who doesn't watch the product, and whose little reactions they do make evaporate into air because it's outdoors. It's literally asking to kill a feud dead.

Laser Shuckle

What's really weird about the finish to HIAC is why they chose to do a non-finish in the first place. WAs there really any harm in just throwing the title on Bray right off the bat? They're treating Bray like he's some hot new green talent they aren't sure they can trust, when he's been with them 5+ years and already held the title.

They're concerned with protecting Seth after just beating Brock, but the more you make Bray look out to be a monster on an entire different level, the less Seth looks "worse" in comparison. It's not really difficult to have had the Fiend annihilate Seth, win the title, and then have Seth rematch regular Mr.Rogers forme Bray the following Raw and recapture then title. You then have the title back on Seth, and have established The Fiend as unstoppable.

And now they're going to try fix the booking in the worst place on earth to do it, Saudia Arabia. Did they not watch the reception to Roman vs. Brock there? You can't advance pivotal storylines, in front of a crowd who doesn't watch the product, and whose little reactions they do make evaporate into air because it's outdoors. It's literally asking to kill a feud dead.

Seth beating normal Bray to get the title back would have been an interesting way to go about it. Or they could've had him just vacate it aswell since he's the type of character that isn't in it for the title. Either way they screwed the pooch by having Seth retain at HIAC. and if they didn't want either of them to lose why even book the f**king match in the first place!? Bray was already white hot without being in the title picture. Just dumbfounding. And worse yet they STILL keep booking this mess for house shows and apparently after Crown Jewel too.

Anyway, I think you brought up an interesting concept that I wish we could see. Normal Bray wrestling and interacting with others in the ring/backstage. Only good thing about Seth burning down the Funhouse was we got a little taste of this. Right now they need to stop always calling him "The Fiend Bray Wyatt" and call him only which one he is at the time. Have Bray cut promos or whatever in the ring (His entrance music can just be the funhouse intro song..) and backstage along with the funhouse segments to really push the difference between the two and flesh out the character more. Save the Fiend only for special occasions. Kind of like what they tried to do with Balor but 1000x better.

Lastly I think it would be better if he had another finisher. Nothing against the mandible claw but it would be nice to see something else from him just for the sake of variety. Like the cool neck snap move he does.