• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Okay... um... I like WWE. Really. I do. I'm going to continue to support them.

But this is starting to get ridiculous even with me. Which is saying something.

Multiple performers are being pulled from WrestleMania either as a precaution, sick, or in quarantine.

Roman Reigns is out of WrestleMania now as well.

Apparently they told talent that no one sick would show up at the PC but The Miz is reportedly sick and showed up at the PC regardless. This pissed off Roman Reigns and The Usos and it led to Reigns no longer willing to work under the circumstances due to him being immuno-compromised because of his leukemia treatment and I can't blame him at all.

It's time to put a stop to this once and for all. I don't care if it means having literally nothing to watch anymore.

WrestleMania, RAW, SmackDown!, NXT, and AEW need to be canceled until this goes away in 3-6 months or however long it takes to disappear.

But what the hell do I know?

o_O

Regardless the situation, the show must go on. Besides I think Roman Reigns is just scared of facing Goldberg.

The Mega Champion

Regardless the situation, the show must go on. Besides I think Roman Reigns is just scared of facing Goldberg.

I'd like you to provide some sort of hard evidence for this misguided, 'I fall in line with everyone that hates Roman Reigns' claim of yours and also why he should be putting his life literally on the line by continuing to perform.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I'd like you to provide some sort of hard evidence for this misguided, 'I fall in line with everyone that hates Roman Reigns' claim of yours and also why he should be putting his life literally on the line by continuing to perform.

I guess you don't spot sarcasm.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Clearly WrestleMania is gonna look and feel different than all others of the past and that’s par for the course with how everything in the world is going right now. I applaud both WWE and AEW for doing what they can to both protect their wrestlers and attempt to put on a partway decent show.

As for Reigns dropping out—I don’t know what source you had for Miz pissing off Reigns—he did so because he is obviously immunocompromised due to his two bouts with leukemia. He chose his health above everything else. And I agree that his life is more important than a PPV. According to the reports posted to WZ Miz had a slight fever and he was unaware and was sent home without incident. Again, everyone chose health above all else.

I am honestly looking forward to WrestleMania this year as it is a two day escape from the reality of what is happening in the world right now.

The Mega Champion

Florida's stay at home order may finally be the final nail in the coffin so to speak and force WWE & AEW into show hiatus/cancellation.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

#Best Wrestler in the World

A.J. Styles vs The Undertaker

A.J. Styles vs Brock Lesnar
A.J Styles vs Sting
A.J. Styles vs Kurt Angle
A.J. Styles vs Samoa Joe
A.J. Styles vs Randy Orton
A.J. Styles vs Kazuhika Okada
A.J. Styles vs Tetsuya Naito
A.J. Styles vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
A.J. Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
A.J. Styles vs Minoru Suzuki
A.J. Styles vs Jeff Hardy
A.J. Styles vs Christopher Daniels
A.J. Styles vs Daniel Bryan
A.J. Styles vs Booker T
A.J. Styles vs Chris Jericho
A.J. Styles vs Scott Steiner
A.J. Styles vs Rey Mysterio
A.J. Styles vs Petey Williams
A.J. Styles vs Scott Hall
A.J. Styles vs Kevin Nash
A.J. Styles vs Shelton Benjamin
A.J. Styles vs Rob Van Dam
A.J. Styles vs Jeff Jarrett
A.J. Styles vs Austin Aries
A.J. Styles vs Bully Ray
A.J. Styles vs Seth Rollins

The Mega Champion

WWE just got gifted a 'get out of jail free' card by Florida's idiotic governor who has now declared WWE, and pretty much any sport, an 'essential business'

Yep. This makes complete sense. :confused:

Nodqfan

Would it be safe to assume that this includes AEW as well?
WWE just got gifted a 'get out of jail free' card by Florida's idiotic governor who has now declared WWE, and pretty much any sport, an 'essential business'

Yep. This makes complete sense. :confused:

Would it be safe to assume that this includes AEW as well?

Nodqfan

Massive amount of releases from WWE today.

WRESTLERS:
* Mike Kanellis
* Maria Kanellis
* Primo
* Epico
* Rowan
* Sarah Logan
* Karl Anderson
* Luke Gallows
* EC3
* Drake Maverick
* Curt Hawkins
* Heath Slater
* Eric Young
* Lio Rush
* Rusev

PRODUCERS:
* WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle
* Billy Kidman
* Mike Rotunda
* Pat Buck
* Fit Finlay
* Shawn Daivari
* Scott Armstrong
* Sarah Stock
* Shane Helms
* Lance Storm

ANNOUNCERS:
* Aiden English

REFEREES:
* Mike Chioda

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Massive amount of releases from WWE today.

WRESTLERS:
* Mike Kanellis
* Maria Kanellis
* Primo
* Epico
* Rowan
* Sarah Logan
* Karl Anderson
* Luke Gallows
* EC3
* Drake Maverick
* Curt Hawkins
* Heath Slater
* Eric Young
* Lio Rush
* Rusev

PRODUCERS:
* WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle
* Billy Kidman
* Mike Rotunda
* Pat Buck
* Fit Finlay
* Shawn Daivari
* Scott Armstrong
* Sarah Stock
* Shane Helms
* Lance Storm

ANNOUNCERS:
* Aiden English

REFEREES:
* Mike Chioda

TL;DR Version:

The Beginning of WWE going the way of WCW.

A LOT of these are talented. AND THEY ARE ALL GOING TO AEW GUARANTEED.

Phillies

TL;DR Version:

I don't think all of them will be going to AEW. I think it will just be Gallows, Anderson, EC3, Rusev, Rowan and Lio Rush. I think the rest end up with Impact, ROH or NJPW. As far as the producers go I heard they were all told they would be back once they start going on the road again.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
TL;DR Version:

You're assuming too much like always. This is just a temporary setback for the company--they have to cut back in order to pay their employees as well. AEW might be the "hot destination" for some of the wrestlers BUT there are other options too; New Japan, Ring of Honor, Impact, etc. You have look at it in a company prospective as well to understand why WWE had to do what they have to do--yes, it sucks people lost their jobs, no unions to help them, but its not the end of the world--they have options.

Det. Viper

You're assuming too much like always. This is just a temporary setback for the company--they have to cut back in order to pay their employees as well. AEW might be the "hot destination" for some of the wrestlers BUT there are other options too; New Japan, Ring of Honor, Impact, etc. You have look at it in a company prospective as well to understand why WWE had to do what they have to do--yes, it sucks people lost their jobs, no unions to help them, but its not the end of the world--they have options.
WWE is also a publicly traded company and so has shareholders and investors to appease on top of everything. The company was more than likely pressured by their Board to make cutbacks because the Board itself was likely pressured by investors and shareholders to make these cutbacks. I’m sure WWE would have rather not cut the over 30 wrestlers from Raw, SmackDown and NXT and furloughed employees and producers. Times are tough for everyone right now and unfortunately these decisions had to be made through no fault of the performers.

AEW does not run non-televised events and also has a smaller roster so for them the losses per show are not as significant as WWE right now. WWE just lost millions by moving WrestleMania to a closed set. AEW will lose thousands by hosting Double or Nothing from a closed set as well. AEW may have to make some cutbacks as well but with the only losses per show being the ticket and merch sales they may be able to last longer in this environment. AEW also has the benefit of being a private company so they don’t have to appease any shareholders.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I thought i read that Zack Ryder was on the Release list as well

That list is still longer than the one i saw though

The Mega Champion

It's getting increasingly worse and worse for WWE.

They lost yet another top performer at the worst possible time for possibly as long as 9 months in Becky Lynch. Asuka is not a decent champion replacement. The exact opposite IMO I guess.

Lots of superstars are refusing to perform for understandable reasons and their roster is extremely limited. Now it looks like they have to find an IC champ replacement. Sami Zayn wasn't a good choice IMO anyway but his heel stable was somewhat decent so it's another loss.

Let's top this off with Roman still gone and Rollins likely gone once Lynch gets close to having her child.

Their response? Bring back the Wild Card pretty much. Yeah.

*sighs* AEW wins. :(

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Longer than 9 months, i think. She's not even sure if she'll come back.

WWE should have just waited till after the Pandemic, maybe. just record Wrestlemania then cancel everything else like the rest of the world

Det. Viper

Neither WWE nor AEW are putting on their best product and that is just part of continuing to churn out new content during these times.

@The Mega Champion: Asuka is one of the best wrestlers on the WWE roster. Her current character may not be the best but she is a monster in the ring. Actually with her being the Raw Women’s Champ she has now done everything there is to do for the female roster. Raw, SmackDown, NXT Champ, Money in the Bank, Royal Rumble winner... she earned all of that for being as good as she is. The fault she has right now is they stopped portraying her as a monster in order to continue pushing Charlotte Flair and forcing Asuka to submit at WrestleMania.

The return of cross-brand competition comes at the request of USA and Fox regarding ratings dropping. With summer coming and families spending time together away from the tv I can see ratings going down but it’s going to continue during the rise of the streaming services. Cross brand matches should be saved for the Big 4 PPVs but I also don’t work for USA or Fox.

Becky Lynch should make life decisions that make her happy. If she wants to start a family with Seth Rollins then she should do that without having to consider what will happen on Raw, SmackDown or anything of that sort. She’s a human and deserves happiness. Even if she is no longer on the active roster for at least the next year I am happy for the new chapter she is starting in her life.