• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

The Mega Champion

Wow. Just wow.

AEW is the best thing ever. I swear it really is and they are totally going to put WWE out of business. We should all celebrate now!!

lolyeahright

First they have an extremely botched 'explosion' ending to their PPV and on the Dynamite ep that just aired there was practically 30 minutes where you couldn't hear anything because of some sort of audio interference or mix up or crossed wiring or whatever with what sounded like some sort of basketball game

Yep. This is totally the perfect company that does everything perfectly and will finally put 'the big bad' WWE out of business for good like all you marks clearly want.

Except... you know... they won't. ROTFLMFAO

Christian and Big Show may have possibly just made the worst decision of their careers.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I’m pretty sure AEW has publicly stated that they don’t want to get into a ratings war with any WWE programming. They even praised WWE for looking to move NXT to Tuesday since USA Network will be taking on NBCSN’s sports shows saying “now fans of both programs don’t have to choose between the two”.

I also don’t think they ever said that they are perfect. They are a brand new company and they are still navigating what they can to do what it is that they do. Growing pains are bound to happen.

I don’t have cable so I don’t watch it and I’m not a big fan of the “spot monkey” matches that sometimes go on there (looking at you, Young Bucks) but that doesn’t make their shows bad. Other people are into that and that’s fine with me. Let there be multiple shows and multiple companies putting out different versions of the same product so everyone can get a little slice of what they like.

As for Christian Cage and the former Big Show, I can understand them leaving since they would not be a regular face on Raw or SmackDown whereas on Dynamite they can be the wily veteran that gets people to tune in while simultaneously putting over the talent of tomorrow.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Well Paul Wight stated in the Jericho Podcast that one of the reason he left WWE was how legends were shown in the special that they made this year. Also how he was pushing talent that later got derrailed (Cesaro, Big Cass). Also he admited that he still can go on for a last round.

By the way which match do you think that will be FastLane main event?

I think it will be Daniel Bryan vs Roman, but I hope it is Alexa vs Orton.

The Mega Champion

I didn't watch WrestleMania myself... I just read results online. But I'll give my thoughts on it anyway. I'm not going to write an essay though lol. Just short and quick thoughts.

Night 1 appeared to be pretty great.

Night 2 was horrid crap

There is literally no reason whatsoever to give Rhea Ripley a title when she literally just showed up a couple of a weeks ago. :mad:

But this is WWE after all. They do whatever the f they want. Clearly.

#SaveUsBecky

:(

Det. Viper

@The Mega Champion

If you didn’t watch then you really have no business doing a critique since you don’t know what you are critiquing. Considering Roman Reigns simultaneously pinned both Daniel Bryan and Edge I would assume you’d be telling the whole thread to a knowledge him.

I caught pieces here and there of the Saturday show and thought it was pretty good. Keep hoping that Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan will eventually get an opportunity at being the champs but I keep seeing those hopes dashed. Lashley dominating McIntyre was unexpected but cool. Overall ok. I sat down and watched on Sunday and thought it was an above average show. Bliss turning on The Fiend was unexpected and the night was capped off by the match I assume you’d like the most.

As for Ripley, she deserves it. First NXT UK Women’s Champ. Dominated NXT US. Nobody else on the Raw women’s roster deserved that match and the title run than Ripley.

However, I really liked seeing the live audience at the show. Definitely better than virtual boards. I noticed that people were strategically placed so it looked like more people were there than there actually were. I know there is no plans to host fans again until around SunmerSlam but I do have to say that the crowd was definitely into the show.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I haven't watched WWE in a good while but, i do still read results and spoilers

and it's "Black Wednesday 2.0" on twitter

so far, Samoa Joe, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Bo Dallas, Wesley Blake, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay and Mickie James have been released.

Edit: and Mojo Rawley seems to be the last one for now

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

Surprised about Samoa Joe, Peyton and Billie Kay. It's sad to see WWE waste Mickie aswell. She's not terribly old, why not get one last run out of her atleast?

You know what's more surprising though? a 7-years-too-late theme change for Roman Reigns. Better late than never I suppose. I like it, though the beginning is a bit long winded.

Also, I agree Rhea earning the title faster than she could even make her debut on the main roster makes little sense to me. I don't see the appeal to her personally.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I was always a Roman critic, but man...He's on fire. He should have turned heel years ago, though. Pairing Roman with Paul Heyman is a great move, and Roman's promo cutting skills are getting better. I'm liking his new theme song as well.

Roman won't be dropping the belt anytime soon, and I'm fine with this. Eventually when Roman does drop the belt hopefully a younger wrestler that could really use the win beats him. Hopefully Vince doesn't have a part timer beat Roman. WWE could create a new star by having them unseat the unstoppable champion Roman Reigns.

Of course I'm talking nonsense probably, as I can see Vinnie Mac screwing this up.

Det. Viper

I was always a Roman critic, but man...He's on fire. He should have turned heel years ago, though. Pairing Roman with Paul Heyman is a great move, and Roman's promo cutting skills are getting better. I'm liking his new theme song as well.

Roman won't be dropping the belt anytime soon, and I'm fine with this. Eventually when Roman does drop the belt hopefully a younger wrestler that could really use the win beats him. Hopefully Vince doesn't have a part timer beat Roman. WWE could create a new star by having them unseat the unstoppable champion Roman Reigns.

Of course I'm talking nonsense probably, as I can see Vinnie Mac screwing this up.
Honestly I’m hoping Reigns stays the champion up until SummerSlam. Say Cesaro is his challenger then and finally climbs the mountain in front of an actual audience. I’m hoping that’s what they are building to for the return of fans.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Braun Strowman
Aleister Black
Lana
Ruby Riott
Murphy
Santana Garrett

All Released today. WWE not gonna have a Roster by SummerSlam

The Mega Champion

None of these releases make any god damn sense.

If this isn't a sign that WWE is about to go the way of WCW... then clearly I don't know wtf is anymore.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Lana made a little Sense with Rusev being released awhile ago, but Strowman was one of their biggest names the last few years

and he was just in a WWE title match 2 weeks ago.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It seems like Vince is pocketing away more money. The Braun release is a big surprise. Aliester Black was getting repackaged, so I figured that he would be sticking around. Vince brings these new guys to the main roster, and then they become curtain jerkers after getting a decent push.

I'm sure it won't be long before Keith Lee, Shinsuke Nakamura and Jeff Hardy are gone as well. Hopefully Karrion Kross stays in NXT like Champa has. When Vince gets bored with his new toys he quits playing with them.

Det. Viper

Aleister Black and Ruby Riott were the real surprises of the releases. Black was just brought back to SmackDown with an interesting character and I was interested in seeing where his impending story with Big E was going to go. As far as Ruby I could see her and Liv being the tag champs by the end of the year. Now I fear Liv will be lost in the shuffle again and eventually being released as well.

Laser Shuckle

So Aleister sat at home/in catering for like 6 months and after finally returning gets fired after a few weeks, then is ok about it? I guess we live in bizarro world now. I honestly don't know how to make sense of that or them releasing Braun.. Lana aswell was getting pushed not long ago.

Looks like WWE truly doesn't give a s**t about anyone on the roster these days and will fire anyone at anytime to save a few bucks.

One of their biggest up and coming stars in the last few years gets released meanwhile the million dollar man is still getting TV time down in NXT.

Seriously what the hell are they even doing anymore?

Phillies

So Aleister sat at home/in catering for like 6 months and after finally returning gets fired after a few weeks, then is ok about it? I guess we live in bizarro world now. I honestly don't know how to make sense of that or them releasing Braun.. Lana aswell was getting pushed not long ago.

Looks like WWE truly doesn't give a s**t about anyone on the roster these days and will fire anyone at anytime to save a few bucks.

One of their biggest up and coming stars in the last few years gets released meanwhile the million dollar man is still getting TV time down in NXT.

Seriously what the hell are they even doing anymore?

After sitting at home for so long Black probably doesn't trust them to use him going forward and is just happy to get a chance to go somewhere else. I also read on another site that WWE has around 300 wrestlers under contract. There are a lot of wrestlers that are signed just so that the WWE can keep them from going to AEW, ROH & Impact. They really do need to trim some fat off the roster even if their recent choices are puzzling.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
John Laurinatis claims 'Budget Cuts' for all the releases since Wrestlemania. WWE sent a text to the rest of the roster apparently.

If they have 300 wrestlers they should cut the ones no one knows about, instead of someone who you started a story for 2 weeks before cutting him (Black).

Or ,again, someone who was just in the Main Event of a Pay per View (Strowman)

They'll fire Becky Lynch a week after she gets back. If she comes back at all

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Well Samoa Joe is back in NXT as Regal's Enforcer/Bodyguard.

And Rumor is that Becky Lynch is Training at the Performance Center for a possible return.

Live show's are starting again, maybe they'll start rehiring the people who haven't gone to other Companies yet.

Last edited:

Det. Viper

Well Samoa Joe is back in NXT as Regal's Enforcer/Bodyguard.

And Rumor is that Becky Lynch is Training at the Performace Center for a possible return.

Live show's are starting again, maybe they'll start rehiring the people who haven't gone to other Companies yet.
I was hoping that since Joe was brought back that maybe Ruby Riott would be too but I think that’s too much to ask for. I doubt they’ll bring back wrestlers. Probably just rehire the live event staff that’s been laid off for so long.