• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Laser Shuckle

Well we're less than a week away from "The First Dance" I'm super excited but I fear Covid might ruin everything for the event.

Watched Rampage and some of Smackdown. It's crazy how into the shows the crowds have been. AEW especially everyone is invested in what's going on in the ring and the crowd and commentary during Rampage really stood out to me. I like the simple one hour format and the matches were all pretty good especially the opener.

As for Roman vs Cena, I have to admit their clash was entertaining but did little to sell me on watching them at Summerslam. Cena schooled Reigns again, with Roman stuck there going through his usual lines. It felt like them just checking boxes without any real substance or point to this feud existing in the first place beyond selling tickets.

Cena needs the win here I think, otherwise this "feud" is just gonna be a cheap imitation of the previous one.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I have very little reason to see Cena winning at Summerslam.

Unless he ends up doing a Brock Lesner and disappearing with it for a few months a time. He has all his movies and things to promote and Film

Laser Shuckle

So The unthinkable happened. CM Punk returned to wrestling. That was THE loudest reaction I've ever heard for any wrestler anywhere! O_O Can't be any more ecstatic that he's back, Although I have to say there was nothing else worth writing home about on the show and the crowd felt fairly dead for the rest of it. xD

I don't know how must-see AEW is gonna be or how much Punk is going to move the needle, but man even if his current run ends up blowing at least we weren't deprived of that insane ovation and segment tonight. Unbelievable.

The Mega Champion

I watched SummerSlam last night. Because there were too many matches I wanted to see and it's unknown how many WWE PPVs are left

The Edge/Seth Rollins match was probably the best match of the night. Although honestly Cena/Reigns was better than I was expecting it to be.

Becky Lynch and Brock Lesnar both returned last night as well. The former is the new SmackDown Women's Champ after squashing Bianca Belair and the latter showed up at the end of the show to set up another match with Reigns.

Whether this is good or saves them from DELETION (lolno) is up to interpretation obviously.

The Mega Champion

Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson), Ruby Riott (Ruby Soho) and Adam Cole (no name change) all showed up during the AEW PPV last night.

Hmm? What you want more from me? I don't have anything else to say.

*sips from cup that says I TOLD YOU SO on it*

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Pretty good ppv imo except for Jericho/MJF, that match was kind of boring compared to the rest of the card.

Man, it's kinda nice being able to feel satisfied with most of a show rather than only caring about 1-2 matches, which has been the case for most wrestling shows lately lol.

Hmm? What you want more from me? I don't have anything else to say.

*sips from cup that says I TOLD YOU SO on it*

What do you mean, nothing more to comment on? We had the in-ring return of THE BEST IN THE WORLD, TALL PAUL WIGHT. And also Punk's, which was okay in comparison, I guess. :^)

Laser Shuckle

Man, AEW is such a breath of fresh air compared to WWE. Glad I made the switch. No Michael Cole idiot verbage, LED boards, overproduced entrances, canned promos or storylines that go absolutely nowhere.

Biggest thing is how watchable the shows are from the beginning to end. There's purpose behind all the segments, unlike Raw/Smackdown where the majority of the roster and show is just there to fill time and get someone on the card for that week. No wonder alot of people just catch the best parts dissected on Youtube after the fact.

All Out was awesome, First time I've ever sat through 4 hours of wrestling without getting bored. Seeing Punk wrestle again was great and looking forward to his next feud. Thanks AEW!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
AEW is on fire right now. CM Punk going against Darby Allin was a good way to make a return. Darby is easy to work with and CM Punk will shake off more rust in due time just like Christian Cage did. Darby going against Punk puts more eyes on Darby as well. All in all I feel way more invested in AEW than WWE. I like how there's a ranking system and we don't have to see the same regurgitated rematches on repeat like we do in WWE.

Listen, I try to like WWE...But it's getting harder. Demon Fin Balor is about to lose to Roman and then Brock Lesnar is next. I'm sure Shinsuke Nakamura is only getting his push so he can lose to Roman as well. That's what happened to Cesaro as well and now he's back to being a midcard curtain jerker again. I will say this. Edge and Rollins had a great match at Summerslam and I like the story they are telling.

It's getting to the point where every Roman match is predictable because we know he won't lose. Look, I like his heel gimmick, but he's been champ for a year. Roman beats everyone and could give a young wrestler a big rub by putting them over. That's how you create new stars, but Vince McMahon only gets fixated on one toy which is Roman. At least Lashley has finally recieved a good run. But Roman is the main focus and face of the company.

When Vince gets bored with his other toys he throws them to the side and AEW scoops them up. Then those toys actually get played with in AEW because Tony Khan listens to the fans and gives his wrestlers more creative freedom.

WWE creative is like a bunch of deer in headlights. They don't have a clue what to do. Give Vince McMahon and Bruce Pritchard time and they will ruin NXT. I feel sorry for Triple H. He's getting blamed for the low ratings even though Vince still calls the shots and always has. Vince is a ego maniac and he will never own up to his mistakes and piss poor ideas. He's out of touch. This isn't the attitude era anymore.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Seth/Edge ruled, Andrade/PAC ruled. We love to see it.

That's what happened to Cesaro as well and now he's back to being a midcard curtain jerker again. I will say this.

This one actually makes me pretty angy. Normally you'd think that the guy would be one of the higher priorities on the card after y'know... main-eventing a PPV with the #1 guy on the company but instead they made him a "jobber to the stars" again. Painful.

I love Roman, this heel run will probably be remembered as an all-timer, but comparing stuff like this where the show is starting to feel more and more like "THE BIG DAWG tearing through the geek squad" to how things were at the start of the year when I thought they were doing a great job at making the show revolve around him and everyone else in the title chase feeling like a plausible option for whoever the next feud could be, I can't help but feel like SD is already kinda dropping the ball in terms of direction. Kind of a shame because I was really enjoying it months ago.

Laser Shuckle

This one actually makes me pretty angy. Normally you'd think that the guy would be one of the higher priorities on the card after y'know... main-eventing a PPV with the #1 guy on the company but instead they made him a "jobber to the stars" again. Painful.

In the decade or so I've been watching, I don't think they've wasted anyone as badly as they have with Cesaro. He's got the look, strength, moveset, speaks a million languages, etc. and yet you give him the Dolph Ziggler treatment only worse. I know careers are getting longer and longer, but the dude is 40 now.. It's insane he's never even been world champion after all these years. Just an absolute waste all around. >_>

I love Roman, this heel run will probably be remembered as an all-timer, but comparing stuff like this where the show is starting to feel more and more like "THE BIG DAWG tearing through the geek squad" to how things were at the start of the year when I thought they were doing a great job at making the show revolve around him and everyone else in the title chase feeling like a plausible option for whoever the next feud could be, I can't help but feel like SD is already kinda dropping the ball in terms of direction. Kind of a shame because I was really enjoying it months ago.

It's the same thing they did 10 years ago before Punk and Bryan, The entire show had to revolve around Cena.. Anyone who feuded with him mattered and had actual direction until afterward when they would get discarded and stuck trading meaningless wins and losses doing nothing of note in midcard purgatory. Cena though was and still is a much bigger star. I like Roman too now, but I still don't get that big fight feel from him and whoever he's facing not named Cena, Lesnar, etc. I think it's because to me his whole push still reeks of desperation to get him over and established as much as possible, everyone else be damned.

As for Finn.. Why should anyone give a damn about a guy who was perfectly fine with Cena stealing his PPV match? lol. The demon gimmick isn't even a gimmick either, literally just facepaint and a slightly different entrance. I couldn't care less if Roman steamrolls him. I don't have any interest in yet another Reigns vs Lesnar match either. Lesnar is a broken record that hasn't done anything interesting in years and like Cena, is probably just being called back solely to give another pointless and unnecessary rub to Reigns.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Big E cashed in on Bobby Lashley and won the WWE Championship. I knew he wouldn't cash in on the golden boy Roman Reigns. No way would Vince McMahon have that happen. Remmeber folks. We need to drag out Roman as champion until next year so we can see him beat the Rock in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. It's not predictable who will win that match...Lol. What a joke this company is.

I want to be happy for Big E, but the WWE Championship hasn't felt relevant in years. When's the last time it even main evented a Wrestlemania? Usually Roman Reigns is in the Main Event and the Universal Championship is on the line. The WWE Championship seems like the "B" title and it shouldn't seem that way...

EDIT: Technically the WWE Championship was the Main Event of Wrestlemania 36. Keep in mind there were no fans and it was an empty arena...Does this even count?

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Big E cashed in on Bobby Lashley and won the WWE Championship. I knew he wouldn't cash in on the golden boy Roman Reigns. No way would Vince McMahon have that happen. Remmeber folks. We need to drag out Roman as champion until next year so we can see him beat the Rock in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. It's not predictable who will win that match...Lol. What a joke this company is.

I want to be happy for Big E, but the WWE Championship hasn't felt relevant in years. When's the last time it even main evented a Wrestlemania? Usually Roman Reigns is in the Main Event and the Universal Championship is on the line. The WWE Championship seems like the "B" title and it shouldn't seem that way...
Nobody deserves it more than Big E does. I’m happy he gets to move to Raw and reunite with The New Day and share it with them. I knew as long as Roman Reigns was champion he wouldn’t be cashed in on. But it’s a great moment for Big E and I don’t think the rest of the negatives going on around in WWE should take away from something the guy absolutely deserves.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Nobody deserves it more than Big E does. I’m happy he gets to move to Raw and reunite with The New Day and share it with them. I knew as long as Roman Reigns was champion he wouldn’t be cashed in on. But it’s a great moment for Big E and I don’t think the rest of the negatives going on around in WWE should take away from something the guy absolutely deserves.
Big E is a great talent and I couldn't be happier for him, but to me the aura of the WWE Championship seems defunct in comparison to the Universal Championship. Thanks to management shoving Roman Reigns and the Universal Championship down our throats so much. I just wish the WWE Championship would get more main event appareances. It deserves that. Once upon a time it used to be the marquee belt.

All in all at least Big E is finally getting the attention he deserves. I always thought he was a great worker and he's filled with charisma. He has what it takes to run with the belt.

The Mega Champion

For those who cheer on the nails in WWE's coffin... lots of rumors suggest Bray Wyatt will be showing up in AEW sometime around the end of this month.

The whole 'Dark Order fighting amongst themselves' thing SCREAMS this tease honestly.

They'll go back to how they were when Brodie was still alive (RIP)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So Roman took on Bobby Lashley and newly crowned WWE Champion Big E in a Triple Threat match on Raw. You'll never guess who went over....

They had Roman go over. Way to make Bobby Lashley look bad, and way to treat your new WWE Champion Big E. Roman Reigns is going to go over Demon Finn Balor and Brock Lesnar as well. Roman didn't need to go over those two wrestlers last night.

Heel Roman is wonderful, but the luster has wore off in my opinion. What's so fun about watching him win every single match for a whole year? It's at the point to where his matches are predictable. For me when I watch pro wrestling I enjoy it more when I can't predict the outcome of every match. I guess I'm just weird? Because some people really seem to enjoy watching Roman run through the whole roster like this. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Now that Edge is taking time off I'm going to stop watching WWE until they do something remotely interesting. AEW is the show to watch. Dynamite Grandslam and Rampage Grandslam have stacked cards this week! I can't wait.

Laser Shuckle

I'd like to see a Punk vs MJF feud. That could be interesting. His promo on Grand Slam Dynamite was pretty sweet.

Also, Wyatt in AEW. Look how Malakai and Ruby have been doing for themselves, then think of what Wyatt could do.. Glad I can watch wrestling again folks. AEW is doing most of all the right things indeed.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
For those who cheer on the nails in WWE's coffin... lots of rumors suggest Bray Wyatt will be showing up in AEW sometime around the end of this month.

The whole 'Dark Order fighting amongst themselves' thing SCREAMS this tease honestly.

They'll go back to how they were when Brodie was still alive (RIP)

Maybe a Wyatt Family reunion if Braun Strowman joins like there was a rumor about.

and Rowan too, he had the one apperance during Brodie's Memorial

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
What a shocker. Roman went over Demon Balor. There goes another great character like Demon Balor. What a absolute joke. I didn't watch, but I read the results.

I'm All Elite now and done with WWE until things change for the better.

Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson was such a great match! Dynamite Grandslam and Rampage Grandslam were fantastic shows!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
What a shocker. Roman went over Demon Balor. There goes another great character like Demon Balor. What a absolute joke. I didn't watch, but I read the results.
Roman didn’t exactly beat The Demon cleanly, but yes, Finn Bálor was another victim to Reigns. Honestly it was an awesome match to watch up until the ending. They kept building Demon as undefeated and if they wanted him to lose then I wouldn’t have even mentioned that.

I'm All Elite now and done with WWE until things change for the better.

Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson was such a great match! Dynamite Grandslam and Rampage Grandslam were fantastic shows!
Been following both and it appears the two companies have different approaches to the business AEW is more about the wrestling while WWE is more about the entertainment. I want both companies to be successful. It would make professional wrestling better overall with two big time companies

Laser Shuckle

AEW is more about the fans is the biggest difference. WWE doesn't care much about what the viewer wants especially with the absolutely insane amount of money they're getting from the Saudi deals alone. Vince still running the ship at his advanced age is plain absurd nowadays and their Khan from the few press releases I've read sounds like an absolute knob who worships the dollar.

Granted, I feel like AEW has tunnel vision about wanting to just please the fans and caring too much about what WWE is doing, but still I love the respect and goodwill towards us viewers from their shows and the lack of BS, filler, recaps, the list goes on... It's no nonsense and that's a massive breath of fresh air in comparison to WWE. I also love how stories can be expected to play out with actual payoffs and the entire roster is treated as a big deal, not just the chosen few who get to go over the rest.

I read not long ago that WWE considers sleep to be their only real competition.. Just shows how out of it their management is. Finn getting more or less buried is another. I like Reigns, his heel run has been very impressive (Though I've tuned out alot of it) but what is the friggin' point to bringing Cena back just to duplicate their feud and lose, Finn aswell bringing the Demon back just to lose? It's transparent how pointless it is booking everyone in orbit around one guy and making everything you do just a short term attention getter to boost profits.

I've been watching AEW exclusively for a couple of months now, so far I've yet to feel disappointed in anything they've done or like I've been wasting my time watching it, two common feelings I've had off and on for years watching WWE. Kudos to them and everyone involved!