• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

The Mega Champion

Well... WWE stuck their foot in their mouths/shot themselves in the foot for the 800th time. By releasing more wrestlers and continuing to claim 'budget cuts' as the reasoning.

The most shocking this time is Keith Lee and Karrion Kross.

Honestly... I'm getting sick of this BS and it's made me legitimately think about quitting. Which is saying something coming from me of all people.

However... I'll keep to my word and just wait for the inevitability that is AEW being the only company left on cable TV. Once that happens though... I'm out.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I can't even make it through a full episode of Smackdown without my stomach turning. It stinks because I want WWE to be good. Vince McMahon is what ruins the product. No wonder Chaimpa doesn't want to go to the main roster. He will just end up being another release.....I quit watching WWE every week and only watch AEW now. WWE is just boring to me. AEW is a breath of fresh air and they try not to regurgitate the same feuds.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I watch SmackDown because I have an antenna and not cable. So that’s the only wrestling show I have access to live. It’s not horrible but it isn’t the greatest show on TV either.

As for the releases the other day: I don’t know why they do these “budget cuts” on these super talented folks. Ember Moon is a rockstar as is Keith Lee. Unfortunately they tried to change who Killer Kross was on the main roster instead of just letting him be what made them sign him and Scarlet in the first place.

Let the wrestlers be who they are. The most successful ones on the roster—Reigns, Big E, The New Day, McIntyre, The Usos, Street Profits, Lynch, Banks, etc—all have creative liberties and don’t need a script. They just be who they are and it works. Fairly well actually. If they let Lee, Moon or Kross do that then they’d be selling more tickets.

Nodqfan

I watch SmackDown because I have an antenna and not cable. So that’s the only wrestling show I have access to live. It’s not horrible but it isn’t the greatest show on TV either.

As for the releases the other day: I don’t know why they do these “budget cuts” on these super talented folks. Ember Moon is a rockstar as is Keith Lee. Unfortunately they tried to change who Killer Kross was on the main roster instead of just letting him be what made them sign him and Scarlet in the first place.

Let the wrestlers be who they are. The most successful ones on the roster—Reigns, Big E, The New Day, McIntyre, The Usos, Street Profits, Lynch, Banks, etc—all have creative liberties and don’t need a script. They just be who they are and it works. Fairly well actually. If they let Lee, Moon or Kross do that then they’d be selling more tickets.

I think it's a combination of things.

1. Vince doesn't watch indie wrestling and will try to change wrestlers to fit his vision of what they should be
2. A combination of wanting to get younger, develop talent, and having too many wrestlers under a contract.

Laser Shuckle

I don't have cable, Instead I pay for Hulu + Live TV every month to be able to watch AEW and various other shows (but mostly AEW) it's expensive, but well worth it IMO. Maybe look into that or a similar service? I feel bad you only have access to Smackdown. :O I really got to a point for years where I hated watching WWE and wrestling in general as a result, now since I switched shows I actually look forward to new episodes for the first time in forever!

Vince is just too damn old to be running things. That I think is the sad reality people keep overlooking, you can't cheat old age. The dude is almost 80... When you get that old I'd imagine there's not going to be much in the way of long term sensible thinking going on. He's probably got no time to wait for alot of the roster to get over and would rather just cut people to keep shareholders happy for the short term.

I think it's going to get worse until Vince finally steps down. The good news is AEW keeps getting better in the meantime. I think I'm gonna end up buying another AEW PPV here soon. XD I want to see CM Punk vs Eddie Kingston.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The only guy that Vince McMahon cares about is Roman Reigns. He wants Reigns to be the next big star so bad. Bad enough to were Reigns has beat everyone and really has no one left to beat besides random curtain jerkers and wrestlers from NXT. Guys like Nakumura and Cesaro deserve better. I could list off men and women wrestlers that deserve better all night long. I'm glad that Big E is finally getting a title run. It's just a shame that Roman is going to go over him at Survivor Series. Big E could get a nice rub by beating Reigns clean. It's even a non title match.

Unfortunately the old out of touch oldman probably wants to do Rock vs Reigns still at Wrestlemania. Why bother? We all know Rock is going to lose. He's a Hollywood star just like Cena. He will wrestle one match and disappear. Basically any match that Roman is in I don't watch anymore. What's the point? I already know he's going to win every match he's in. He's stale and boring to me now as champion. He doesn't need to keep holding the belt to stay relevant. There's a lot of good talent in AEW that stays relevant without a title around their waist....

There's other talent on the roster that deserve runs with the Universal Championship....Vince destroys his own product and runs off his own wrestlers. Look at guys like Miro...He's a absolute stud now in AEW. In WWE he went downhill after Cena burried him.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Another handfull of releases a few days ago:

John Morrison, Top Dolla, Ashante Adonis, Isaiah Swerve Scott, Tegan Nox, Drake Maverick, Shane Thorne, and Jaxson Ryker

Think the website said that makes 80 releases this year.

They're going to have a 1 hour Wrestlemania next year if they keep this up. Maybe one Roster for both shows too

Last edited:

Det. Viper

The releases of John Morrison, Hit Row & Tegan Nox make zero sense. Hit Row was in the middle of a programs with Sami Zayn and the other two are fan favorites for different reasons. And unfortunately for these guys there’s a huge amount of talent out in the indies now and also spread among Impact, AEW and ROH that they might not be able to find steady work.

Phillies

The releases of John Morrison, Hit Row & Tegan Nox make zero sense. Hit Row was in the middle of a programs with Sami Zayn and the other two are fan favorites for different reasons. And unfortunately for these guys there’s a huge amount of talent out in the indies now and also spread among Impact, AEW and ROH that they might not be able to find steady work.
Its even worse when you consider the fact that ROH is having problems right now.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
surprised this thread is still active but yeah i havent watched a whole ep of wwe in like 7 years. undertaker losing to roman was pretty much the last straw, i keep up with spoilers and such but i dont really care about most of the roster

Det. Viper

Its even worse when you consider the fact that ROH is having problems right now.
Add that the past two years for WWE have been at or near record for profits so the fact that they have been releasing people due to “budget cuts” is just a slap-in-the-face lie. They have 4 TV shows (Raw, SmackDown, NXT & NXT UK) so there definitely is a place where some of these people could have been instead.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I think they should have kept Morrison and got rid of Jeff Hardy, now that i think about it.

What is the Miz going to do now that DWTS is over. Jeff Hardy hasn't done anything since Matt Hardy left.
surprised this thread is still active but yeah i havent watched a whole ep of wwe in like 7 years. undertaker losing to roman was pretty much the last straw, i keep up with spoilers and such but i dont really care about most of the roster
Same with me Basically. Used to just read Spoilers and play the Games, but then the Games went garbage too about 2K17.

Undertaker losing to Brock Lesnar should have been his last match, but then he came back for 3-4 more Wrestlemania's.

Phillies

Add that the past two years for WWE have been at or near record for profits so the fact that they have been releasing people due to “budget cuts” is just a slap-in-the-face lie. They have 4 TV shows (Raw, SmackDown, NXT & NXT UK) so there definitely is a place where some of these people could have been instead.
This is the end result of signing everyone they can just because they could. They signed all these wrestlers with no actual plan for how to use them just to keep them away from companies that they claim they aren't competing with.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

MJF gave CM Punk a taste of his own medicine.He utterly destroyed Punk on the mic and Punk could barely recover.This is why I don't put him ahead of Rock or Jericho as a mic worker because he can't cut a promo without breaking the fourth wall/breaking kayfabe.

Nobody made a big deal about his mic skills until he started doing shoot style promos and it all started with that pipebomb promo in 2011.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I can't wait to watch Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns part 1000 at Day 1. We've never seen this match before....This product will always stink as long as Vince McMahon is running things. Why can't someone else have a crack as Universal Champion? Reigns is boring now I would rather watch paint dry. Nobody can say that he hasn't had a long run as champion. This has all been milked out for long enough. Seriously. I skip all of his matches as there's no point in even watching. Why watch when you already know he will win? At least keep me guessing.

It's a shame that guys like Cesaro and Nakumura have to ride the bench. It's a shame that this tanking company has to release great talent like Keith Lee, Bray Wyatt and John Morrison just to name a few of the 80 wrestlers that have been released this year.

All I can say is thank goodness for AEW. At least that product is watchable.

Laser Shuckle

MJF gave CM Punk a taste of his own medicine.He utterly destroyed Punk on the mic and Punk could barely recover.This is why I don't put him ahead of Rock or Jericho as a mic worker because he can't cut a promo without breaking the fourth wall/breaking kayfabe.

Nobody made a big deal about his mic skills until he started doing shoot style promos and it all started with that pipebomb promo in 2011.

You must have missed when Punk destroyed The Rock back in the day... It's true his best promos have been him blending real life with storyline but to say he can't cut a promo otherwise is just a silly critique.

As for the notion MJF destroyed him, well sadly I have to agree with you there. Just not feeling Punk has much of a drive like he used to and pairing him up with someone like MJF who is on the opposite end of the spectrum has really exposed CM more than anything. It doesn't help that MJF spent this last Dynamite tearing into Punk while the latter wrestled an awful match and the announcers had nothing to say about it because well the dude is right..

Punk looked TIRED and it was not a good look. He also hasn't quite been himself on the stick.. At this point I don't think you can really blame it on ring rust either. Overall I'm getting pretty disappointed but what can you do.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

You must have missed when Punk destroyed The Rock back in the day.
Rock was holding back,he could've really went in on Punk if he wanted to like he did when he feuded with Cena and did that promo in Australia.It was so good even Punk referenced it on Raw.
--------------------------------------------------
Edit : A lot of The Rock's promos since his return in 2011 weren't quite the same as the ones he did during the attitude era and ruthless aggression era.It felt like a watered down version of The Rock or better yet Dwayne not being in character.

CM Punk can cut promos,it was evident when he formed the straight edge society but since that Pipebomb promo he's been doing a lot of straight shooting.You say he "destroyed" The Rock back in the day,like I said earlier The Rock was HOLDING BACK,Punk wasn't exchanging words with the REAL Rock.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Jeff Hardy Released for 'Substance Issues'.

Think it said he refused to go into the companys rehab/wellness program. Not why i thought Jeff Hardy would be released

they have about 12 wrestlers on each show now, yes?

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully he can get back in good spirits if that's indeed the issue. I've heard rumors about him wanting fired, but who knows. I really hope that he's okay. Jeff Hardy is a great talent and fun to watch.